PDA

View Full Version : Kotaku AC III Live chat

Nader-Abudiix
07-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Hey guys kotaku is having a live Q &A chat with Alex about AC3 where the fans can ask live questions and he answers them

http://kotaku.com/5927409/the-creative-director-of-assassins-creed-iii-will-answer-your-questions-live-on-kotaku-at-5pm-et

sorry if this has been posted and please please please ask good questions like why havent we seen any childern yet or the most important question Will AC III finally have custom soundtrack on ps3 ? xbox had this feature since AC 1 :(

BBALive
07-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Going to ask about difficulty settings. Hopefully I'll get an answer.

Might try and ask about Connor's date of birth, but I expect a 'no comment', if he answers at all.

Lass4r
07-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Going to ask about difficulty settings. Hopefully I'll get an answer.

Might try and ask about Connor's date of birth, but I expect a 'no comment', if he answers at all.
It's confirmed there won't be any difficulty setting.

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:21 PM
How long until the one at 5 pm starts?

BBALive
07-19-2012, 09:22 PM

[citation needed]

BBALive
07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
How long until the one at 5 pm starts?

40 minutes. 38 to be precise

TheFrontLine
07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
35 minutes.
Blah, ninja'd.

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 09:25 PM

I just wanna know why! Let's all complain together! : D

Shaxy
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Wait wut? Is this a tv channel or something? Lol im confused someone help,

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Where do we post the questions?
Do you have to be registered?

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I hope he talk about desmond :)

im3jia
07-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Wait wut? Is this a tv channel or something? Lol im confused someone help,

On Kotaku.com

RatonhnhakeFan
Do you have to be registered?Yeah, anyone knows do we need to be registered at Kotaku?

TheFrontLine

I assume it's here http://kotaku.com/kotaku-live-q%26a/
And you ask the questions in the comment section.

im3jia
07-19-2012, 09:46 PM

You have to wait until 5pm, you ask them live.

im3jia
07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I assume it's here http://kotaku.com/kotaku-live-q%26a/
And you ask the questions in the comment section.

That link was for the Ouya Q&A, now over.

A new post will be made at 5pm where you ask questions to Alex.

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks! :D
Only 10 minutes!

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah, anyone knows do we need to be registered at Kotaku?

Yeah, you do, better hurry! Already made an account and waiting for it to start!

im3jia
Here's the link for Alex http://kotaku.com/5927502/assassins-creed-iiis-top-creator-is-answering-your-questions-right-here-right-now

He will answer the top questions.

Alex will only be there for half an hour.

Shaxy
How do we know what questions are answered? Is it posted via text, or a video or wut?

edit: nvm

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Is it one question per member, or can you post more?

im3jia
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
I think it is okay to post more than 1.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Any answer yet? Keep refreshing but don't see anything :(

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Now ! ; )

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
is a live stream with image? or just a interview to read?

im3jia
07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
it's a live Q&A.

JCearlyyears
07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Will there be returning iconic noises such as the eagle screech when doing a leap of faith and the hidden blade assassination noise? Somebody please ask this!

im3jia
07-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Now ! ; )

Alex answered your question.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Meh he's answering questions from -11 minutes, mine were -15 minutes :( He didn't look at first questions :(

Shaxy
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Mai question got asked xD

im3jia
07-19-2012, 10:13 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17tc3k4k9mynsjpg/medium.jpg

SaintPerkele
07-19-2012, 10:15 PM
"There is a huge amount of content outside the main story, much of which we haven't revealed yet and you will hopefully only find when the game is released! Each district in both cities has its own sub-narrative for example. That said, we tried not to repeat any content from previous games, so the guilds in their previous form are gone."

YESYESYES. That sounds so amazing, sub-narrative for each district.. Oh yes. I'm wondering whether this will include the MP characters considering that at least two of them would make for a very nice side-story.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
"There is a huge amount of content outside the main story, much of which we haven't revealed yet and you will hopefully only find when the game is released! Each district in both cities has its own sub-narrative for example. That said, we tried not to repeat any content from previous games, so the guilds in their previous form are gone."

YESYESYES. That sounds so amazing, sub-narrative for each district.. Oh yes. I'm wondering whether this will include the MP characters considering that at least two of them would make for a very nice side-story.Loving that each city will have it's own sub-plot, but didn't someone say he saw thieves guild in one of the closed-doors/special demo presentations?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17tc3k4k9mynsjpg/medium.jpgAlex has a nice purse :p

SaintPerkele
07-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Loving that each city will have it's own sub-plot, but didn't someone say he saw thieves guild in one of the closed-doors/special demo presentations?
Are you sure? I thought they were just refering to the band scene in the Boston Stealth Demo.

TheFrontLine
No offence, but some of the questions are sheer... what?!
"Is Desmond in the game?"

JCearlyyears
Will there be returning iconic noises such as the eagle screech when doing a leap of faith and the hidden blade assassination noise? Please ask this, my computer wont let me post it for some reason.

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Will there be returning iconic noises such as the eagle screech when doing a leap of faith and the hidden blade assassination noise? Please ask this, my computer wont let me post it for some reason.

Asked it for you! :3

JCearlyyears
07-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!

BBALive
Q: "I'm all for historical accuracy in the AC series but Since only British enemies have been shown so far in trailers and gameplay , can you specify any specific examples of non-British enemies to put our tea drinking minds at rest?"

A: "I won't give a name because it will spoil some twists and turns in the story, and in fact, we have yet to show a real assassination target in any of our footage or trailers! Rest assured, that both patriots and loyalists will feel the steely edge of your blade, and that if you really think about it, until the revolution is finished... everyone is British. It's a colony!! Enjoy your tea."

Amaral724
My question:"When will we see Desmond gameplay?"

Alex answer:"If I have anything to do with it? When you buy the game. ;)
No spoilers!!"

Soo no desmond gameplay, thats make me sad, in the last year wee saw some parts of desmond gameplay with subject 16 released by IGN :)

TheFrontLine
07-19-2012, 10:24 PM
My question:"When will we see Desmond gameplay?"

Alex answer:"If I have anything to do with it? When you buy the game. ;)
No spoilers!!"

Soo no desmond gameplay, thats make me sad, in the last year wee saw some parts of desmond gameplay with subject 16 released by IGN :)
I like that, it shows he doesn't want to give too much way before release.

BBALive
07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
ALL OF MY YES.

Q: So far all of the videos and screenshots we've seen of the game have shown Conner in the same Assassin garb. Do we get to upgrade or change that look with armor and/or dye in the same way we've been able to with Ezio over the last few games?

A: There are both many contextual costume changes and upgrade options in stores. Decorate away!

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I can die happy now! :'D

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2012, 10:30 PM
No offence, but some of the questions are sheer... what?!
"Is Desmond in the game?"

some people are paid to make stupid questions otherwise the entire game would be spoiled before its release or the whole interview would have only "I can't answer this/that" kind of answers, at least that is what I force me to believe to still have some faith in humanity by the end of the day... lol

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
ALL OF MY YES.

Q: So far all of the videos and screenshots we've seen of the game have shown Conner in the same Assassin garb. Do we get to upgrade or change that look with armor and/or dye in the same way we've been able to with Ezio over the last few games?

A: There are both many contextual costume changes and upgrade options in stores. Decorate away!

previously he said that wee can change more thing than just the outlift color :)

SaintPerkele
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Q: "I'm all for historical accuracy in the AC series but Since only British enemies have been shown so far in trailers and gameplay , can you specify any specific examples of non-British enemies to put our tea drinking minds at rest?"

A: "I won't give a name because it will spoil some twists and turns in the story, and in fact, we have yet to show a real assassination target in any of our footage or trailers! Rest assured, that both patriots and loyalists will feel the steely edge of your blade, and that if you really think about it, until the revolution is finished... everyone is British. It's a colony!! Enjoy your tea."
This confirms that the fort in the Frontier-demo was not story-related but rather similar to Borgia towers. I read this in a German gaming magazine and thought they made it up, but now it actually sounds very legit..

BBALive
07-19-2012, 10:33 PM
previously he said that wee can change more thing than just the outlift color :)

He said we can dye the outfit and make adjustments, he never directly stated that their would be upgrades. He also didn't mention the contextual outfit changes.

SaintPerkele
07-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Q: Are the "secret locations" of AC3 famous buildings as in the previous games or rather natural features such as caves?

A: Two good guesses, neither of them are right. ;)
So he answered my question but didn't really answer it. Now I'm really interested though :D

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2012, 10:36 PM
someone please ask if they plan to use the Abstergo website again (and give us a Beta +3 access) before the release of AC3 and if they plan to release more packages for Project Legacy related to AC3 and/or Nikolai Orelov near or after the release of the game...

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 10:38 PM
someone please ask if they plan to use the Abstergo website again (and give us a Beta +3 access) before the release of AC3 and if they plan to release more packages for Project Legacy related to AC3 and/or Nikolai Orelov near or after the release of the game...

I think that's up to marketing, I doubt Alex has anything to do with such things.

SaintPerkele
07-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I already asked about Project Legacy but since one of all those questions I asked got answered, I doubt that I'll get another reply ;)

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I think that's up to marketing, I doubt Alex has anything to do with such things.

it won't hurt plant the seed on his head.. :p

maybe he thinks is a good idea and suggest this to the marketing team.. :)

I already asked about Project Legacy but since one of all those questions I asked got answered, I doubt that I'll get another reply http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

cool, what did you ask?

JCearlyyears
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't think he had time to answer my question. D:

notafanboy
07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
can somebody ask about kids ?

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
"...and at least three major systems we will not be revealing at all before launch." Interesting :), what you guys think?

BBALive
07-19-2012, 10:44 PM
"...and at least three major systems we will not be revealing at all before launch." Interesting :), what you guys think?

Stop changing the text colour to black.

Lass4r
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
That just had me clapping like a ******ed seal with joy. I want to believe that so bad, and I have no reason to doubt the masterminds at Ubi =)

SaintPerkele
That just had me clapping like a ******ed seal with joy. I want to believe that so bad, and I have no reason to doubt the masterminds at Ubi =)
Yep. Seems like they realized what went wrong with the marketing of Brotherhood and Revelations. So excited now.

RatonhnhakeFan
"I'm curious as to what lengths the ACIII team went to to ensure that Native Peoples are represented as accurately and intelligently as possible. I'm sure there was loads of thoughtful research, but I'm curious to hear if you guys went the extra mile at all. Did you visit any reservations? Speak with any people of native descent about their history in their eyes? It's clear that the role of Native Peoples will be of major importance in ACIII, given the very nature of the game's lead hero, and I would hate to see yet another cultural group be degraded into stereotypes in a game. What have you guys done to ensure that this doesn't happen? "

Answer: "Great question! We tried as hard as possible to be respectful and accurate. We did visit many local communities, we hired advisors in those communities to work with us, we had parts of the game translated into the local languages so you can hear it in-game, we hired a voice actor for Connor who is himself half native American, and we recorded both dialog and music with the local communities. I really hope you like it. I love it. "

Nice! :D

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Stop changing the text colour to black.

i dont change the text colour. Sory but its no meĢ

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Yep. Seems like they realized what went wrong with the marketing of Brotherhood and Revelations. So excited now.

I dont understand what he means with that :) "Tree major systems" what means that? ​

SaintPerkele
07-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I dont understand what he means with that :) "Tree major systems" what means that? ​
Three, not tree ;) Three major additions to the gameplay (they could basically be anything, from new types of missions to new factions) which won't be revealed until the game's release.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 10:52 PM
My questions didn't get answered ;_; Congratz to everyone who got answers though! :D

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM

He means there will be some gameplay features that'll play a major part in the game but they will not reveal them before release. Think stuff like the Guilds from AC2/ACB/ACR or the naval freeroam.

I asked Alex about the animals in the game, but looks like it didn't get asked. :( I wanted to know if you could interact with them in other ways besides hunting or if there would be different colors or breeds (of dogs, for example).

Amaral724
07-19-2012, 11:00 PM
He means there will be some gameplay features that'll play a major part in the game but they will not reveal them before release. Think stuff like the Guilds from AC2/ACB/ACR or the naval freeroam.

I asked Alex about the animals in the game, but looks like it didn't get asked. :( I wanted to know if you could interact with them in other ways besides hunting or if there would be different colors or breeds (of dogs, for example).

I think someone says that connor can have a pet. But i dont know if is fake or not =b

BBALive
07-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I think someone says that connor can have a pet. But i dont know if is fake or not =b

They said you can 'pet' a dog. That doesn't mean have one as a pet, it just means that you can stroke a dog.

TheFrontLine
07-19-2012, 11:05 PM
They said you can 'pet' a dog. That doesn't mean have one as a pet, it just means that you can stroke a dog.

Oh, I'm so immature sometimes, kekeke.

Can someone take a picture, or copy/paste some of the recently answered questions? For some reason, all I get is a loading bar whenever I go onto the page.

YRTEP
07-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Three, not tree ;) Three major additions to the gameplay (they could basically be anything, from new types of missions to new factions) which won't be revealed until the game's release.

I think one of them will be the new economy system. Alex said it was rebuilt from ground up when he talked about the three secret major systems in an interview.

SixKeys
07-20-2012, 12:59 AM
I think one of them will be the new economy system. Alex said it was rebuilt from ground up when he talked about the three secret major systems in an interview.

I doubt that's one of the things he meant. The economy system has already been mentioned before, if not in-depth. We know it will mostly be based on hunting and trade. I think there will be new systems besides the economy that haven't been talked about in any form at all.

corbinmahieu
07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Alex answered your question.

Yeah i Know. I had some other interesting questions about ...
1. rooftop gameplay -> How the guards would interact on the rooftops
2. the speed of the recovery of the healthbar
3. the free-aim option ?
4. How will you be able to interact within the trees -> one way road or a wide variation of routes!

Too bad he didn't answer them...
There were to much the same and story-related question... which Alex will not answer before the release.

egriffin09
07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
I honestly have no idea what the three unrevealed systems could be. I won't bother trying to guess. At least we will be completely surprised at three major additions to the game when we all playthrough it for the first time.