PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 08:14 PM
So I noticed that in all the gameplay demos ,,, that the bow and the tomahawk disappear ,,, In the frontier demo all the cut scenes doesn't have the bow and the tomahawk (Except the last cutscene when he assassinated Silas ) ,,, And at the end of the Boston demo when he reached the top of the ship the cutscene didn't have the bow and the tomahawk
You can see the demos and focus and you will notice that they will disappear ,,, I'm afraid of this issue to be in the final product ,,, But I don't know maybe they did this because it's a demo ,,,, We will just have to wait for the game to come out :)

Aphex_Tim
07-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Lol, you're right, i hadn't even noticed that.
He still has his arrows though.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Lol, you're right, i hadn't even noticed that.
He still has his arrows though.

Yea the arrows are still there

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Stuff like this is done all the time in many games to avoid clipping

WolfTemplar94
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Maybe he doesn't have them in the story yet?

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Stuff like this is done all the time in many games to avoid clipping

Yea I hope so

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Maybe he doesn't have them in the story yet?

No ,, He does have them ,,, he used the bow right before the cutscene to hunt the animal

Gregolian
07-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Aren't these demos all pre-Beta build at the very least or not close to finished product?

One thing that DID worry me though is how when he rescued the guy in the Boston gameplay you can clearly see the bow's drawstring go THROUGH Connor's body and not bend/form to his body.

Then when you see him walking on the docks with the Assassins that are disguised you can see a weird glitchy clipping issue with their coats and belt having issues moving together.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Aren't these demos all pre-Beta build at the very least or not close to finished product?

One thing that DID worry me though is how when he rescued the guy in the Boston gameplay you can clearly see the bow's drawstring go THROUGH Connor's body and not bend/form to his body.

Then when you see him walking on the docks with the Assassins that are disguised you can see a weird glitchy clipping issue with their coats and belt having issues moving together.
actually the thing that worried me when he rescued the guy is the shadows they looked horrible ,,, and about the belt of the guards ,,, I noticed that also,,, and I really didn't like that,,, but I think It's hard to fix that ,,, And btw Sometimes i Think the e3 demo looks even better than the final game xD

Serrachio
07-19-2012, 08:50 PM
They have plenty of time to fix minor errors like this.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 08:56 PM
They have plenty of time to fix minor errors like this.

I don't know about this ,,, But I really hope so

BBALive
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Like somebody has already mentioned, they may have been removed during cutscenes to prevent clipping. It will probably be fixed in the final build. We've only seen pre-alpha/alpha footage. They have had long time to polish the game and do extensive bug testing.

Captain Tomatoz
07-20-2012, 12:07 AM

I don't think its possible on consoles (maybe high end PCs) to prevent clipping of everything. There is always going to be clipping problems. Maybe when technology gets better you can get a perfect physics engine :D

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-20-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't think its possible on consoles (maybe high end PCs) to prevent clipping of everything. There is always going to be clipping problems. Maybe when technology gets better you can get a perfect physics engine :D
Actually I think Anvil-next engine's physics is the best I've ever seen but in terms of clipping Naah I don't think so ,,, the last of us barely have clipping issue I didn't see any

LoyalACFan
07-20-2012, 02:15 AM
No ,, He does have them ,,, he used the bow right before the cutscene to hunt the animal

But in the story mode, he might not have them when (and if) that scene occurs. Like Ezio had bombs in the Gamescon demo for ACR's opening levels, but in the story he didn't even know how to build them yet.

It's unlikely, yes, but you never know.

SixKeys
07-20-2012, 02:51 AM
But in the story mode, he might not have them when (and if) that scene occurs. Like Ezio had bombs in the Gamescon demo for ACR's opening levels, but in the story he didn't even know how to build them yet.

It's unlikely, yes, but you never know.

It's actually a shame that was the first mission in ACR. Every time I play the memory, I remember the demo and think how much more fun it would be if I had bombs with me.

De Filosoof
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Actually I think Anvil-next engine's physics is the best I've ever seen but in terms of clipping Naah I don't think so ,,, the last of us barely have clipping issue I didn't see any

At least Connor's legs aren't clipping through his clothes when he runs.
It really annoyed me in ACR.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
At least Connor's legs aren't clipping through his clothes when he runs.
It really annoyed me in ACR.
Yea ,,, especially Altair his whole legs goes through his clothes :)