PDA

View Full Version : What is the 'cataclysm' of 2012?

XxSYD3WINDERxX
07-19-2012, 05:37 PM
So, we know from The One's Who Came Before that in the near future there will be a great cataclysm, but I'm confused what it is. Is it another massive solar flare like the one that led to the demise of the First Civilisation, or are they warning of the Templar satellite that we know will be sent up on 21/12/2012? If it is the latter, how would they have foreseen the Templars doing this? Which means it must be another solar flare, probably cyclic i.e. occuring every 70,000 years or so, right..? So does that mean in AC:III we will see Desmond and co. trying to protect the world from two apocalypses at once? I'm so confused right now... :S

Also, why do the First Civilisation go through all that trouble to warn Desmond through Ezio through Alta´r of the catastrophe? Why do they want to save the humans who were the people responsible for the eventual collapse of the First Civilisation? Is it that they blindly hope that if they can keep the humans alive, Desmond may breed with Eve's descendent and bring back The Ones Who Came Before? If so, why would Desmond carry this out, if it brings those who once enslaved us?

SO MANY QUESTIONS UBISOFT! I THOUGHT REVELATIONS WAS CALLED REVELATIONS BECAUSE WE WOULD BE PRESENTED WITH REVELATIONS, NOT MORE QUESTIONS!

Gregolian
07-19-2012, 05:41 PM
For the second paragraph I have no idea but for the first bit GIVEN that they talk to Desmond and even name him when Ezio was in Rome it makes me think they can somewhat figure out the future and as such may have forseen the Templar/Abstergo satellite launch.

medcsu
07-19-2012, 06:32 PM
If memory serves it seems that not all TWCB wanted to save humanity: See Juno. Probably was debated and inevitably came to the decision that they owed it to humanity to help the future generations for the reasons of humanity were/are made in their image and are basically their lineage.

And yes, pretty safe to say the Sun will be the factor of the world ending again. All evidence points to a flare again.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Nobody ever said there's any direct relation between what the Templars are doing and the end of the world. The only suggestion is in fact the date, while it's quite clear that the danger really is a strong solar flare hitting the earth (most likely during a time the earth's electromagnetic field is weakened) as the original event thousands of years ago (the Toba Catastrophe) and the End of the World in 2012 are supposed to be linked and the Templar files suggest it's an event that appears to repeat itself.

medcsu
07-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Nobody ever said there's any direct relation between what the Templars are doing and the end of the world. The only suggestion is in fact the date, while it's quite clear that the danger really is a strong solar flare hitting the earth (most likely during a time the earth's electromagnetic field is weakened) as the original event thousands of years ago (the Toba Catastrophe) and the End of the World in 2012 are supposed to be linked and the Templar files suggest it's an event that appears to repeat itself.

This. The Templars would not have any reason to aid to the end of the world due to them seeking to control it. It would be counterproductive on their part.

WolfTemplar94
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
The Templars don't want to end the world, they want to rule it. The end of the world event is the solar flares.

medcsu
07-19-2012, 09:19 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how Ubisoft fits in how the Temples will prevent the solar flares. Just thinking about it I have no idea how they would go about doing that. Maybe the Temples create another layer of protection for the Earth itself? Like a type of shield? Doesn't seem likely but it is all I can really think of since I doubt Ubisoft plays out the story of the Temples doing something to control the very Sun.

medcsu
07-21-2012, 01:53 AM
It makes sense that they will conclude the Desmond trilogy before December. However, don't you think they will continue the CONNOR story after the fate has past? Sure Desmond's story will be concluded but PERHAPS (I am hoping is all) there will be more to the story in regards to stopping the Templars severe control of numerous industries. Again, I am just hoping but it could happen don't you think?