PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Desmond Gameplay/Info

Rogue Agent 035
07-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Out of pure curiousity, When we hear/see anythang regarding Desmond in relation to AC3? All I've seen/heard so far is that "Your gonna expirence more Desmond than ever before" Well...., when my we hear somethin new? not lookin fer spoilers er anythang like that, just a better idea as ta how much more as opposed to the other AC's.

Thanks in advance

Rogue Agent 035

MT4K
07-19-2012, 05:05 PM
They said the game will be about 80% Connor and 20% Desmond. As for when to expect new info? No idea. They may keep everything Desmond related totally secret :D.

Requiscent
07-19-2012, 05:08 PM
They're likely not to reveal much concerning Desmond, especially since this is the time he "don's the hood".

Acrimonious_Nin
07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
The game WILL be 80 % Desmond and 30 % Connor and within that 30 % it will be 100% Ratonhnhaké:ton side. Which makes this 110% the effort to make a great story + a great closure at the same time :D

Rogue Agent 035
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
The game WILL be 80 % Desmond and 30 % Connor and within that 30 % it will be 100% Ratonhnhaké:ton side. Which makes this 110% the effort to make a great story + a great closure at the same time :D

Now those figure seem slightly off, an I'm basin that on the fact that they're sayin you connor follow from childhood, that in itself 15 if not 20% . Granted..., that's just a guess, but I'm basing that figure on what we expirenced in AC2, but otherwise that sounds bout right given the 2012 storyline deadline.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 05:46 PM
It's the other way around 20% Desmond 80% connor, 20% is still quite a lot though, AC3 is 20% longer than AC2, and AC2 took about 15-20 hours to beat I believe, so we're talking 3-5 hours of Desmond gameplay

Rogue Agent 035
07-19-2012, 05:55 PM
It's the other way around 20% Desmond 80% connor, 20% is still quite a lot though, AC3 is 20% longer than AC2, and AC2 took about 15-20 hours to beat I believe, so we're talking 3-5 hours of Desmond gameplay

Cool...., I truly hope though that the new Desmond gameplay WON'T be similar to the Desmond Journey from Revelations. I liked the story it was tellin, but I'm not a big fan of the first person perspective they used :cool:

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Nah, Don't worry, that was just for a change of pace, first person platforming is really easy to create, we'll be getting real Desmond gameplay, I mean think where he is. He's in the countryside in new york, Desmond is probably going to be doign soem forest runs, I can easily see it beign a rainy night and Desmond stalking Abstergo mercenaries from up top. The only thing I'm hoping for is getting to drive a motorcycle as Desmond, through the countryside or towards the end in New York City, come on he has his license and it's the closest thing to a horse in modern times =P

nightcobra
07-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Nah, Don't worry, that was just for a change of pace, first person platforming is really easy to create, we'll be getting real Desmond gameplay, I mean think where he is. He's in the countryside in new york, Desmond is probably going to be doign soem forest runs, I can easily see it beign a rainy night and Desmond stalking Abstergo mercenaries from up top. The only thing I'm hoping for is getting to drive a motorcycle as Desmond, through the countryside or towards the end in New York City, come on he has his license and it's the closest thing to a horse in modern times =P

ah an assassin after me own heart :p

i always hoped for being able to control desmond on a motorcycle ever since he mentioned it on AC1. crossing fingers for motorcycle action on AC3

Acrimonious_Nin
07-19-2012, 06:34 PM

In the long run no matter how you look at the the games story line, it will always be 100% Desmond's life and story :D so Ratonhnhaké:ton is only 10% of the entire saga that explores the life of Subject 17. Ezio took up about a good 40 % and Altair a good 15% and Desmond "modern day" story arch will be from AC1 - AC3 a rough 45% of the game in total. But in the end it's all about Desmond ;)

Acrimonious_Nin
07-19-2012, 06:35 PM

OMG this ^ motorcycle is a given :D we HAVE to be able to drive it Motorcycle = modern day horse :P

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Well talking about actual gameplay

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:19 PM
I wonder if Desmond will have different animations from all of his ancestors? A sort of mix, you know?

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Also, just realized something, now I'm a bit worried fro the Desmond gameplay, they said that the underground sections and platforming sections are coming back, but not in the same way, hopefully since desmond went into that cave, it isn't that B/S, that'd piss me and I think a lot of other people off

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I wonder if Desmond will have different animations from all of his ancestors? A sort of mix, you know?
I would like if he had unique animations. Same moves he learned, but performed in his own style

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah that'd be pretty cool, I hope we get to use guns as well, I mean when you really think about guns in AC, it's not that big of a deal, I mean have a Beretta M9, with 2 clips, 18 shots, crossbow has more than that, they already have a new built in cover system, so it wouldn't surprise me.

nightcobra
07-19-2012, 07:33 PM
I would like if he had unique animations. Same moves he learned, but performed in his own style

maybe a bit of his personality too, in AC1 the abstergo profile they had on him said he was introverted. this was still true at AC2's beginning but something changed over the course of AC2, he got more..."suave" and extroverted like ezio. also in AC2's beginning he was more shall we say...dutiful than we last saw him in AC1, possibly due to altair's influence? maybe i'm overthinking it but that's the vibe i got throughout the games with desmond's personality.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Bleeding effect actually effects personality and memories as well, they also mentioned something in a previous game can't quite remember which about accessing memories without an animus, but it was unstable and no one had done it and kept their mind in tact, which is I believe what subject 16 did

WolfTemplar94
07-19-2012, 08:24 PM
I hope Revelation's whole Sync Nexus didn't repair the Bleeding Effect. It feels like a cop-out, if so. I want Desmond to have the negative effects in this one. It makes for more interesting story.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-19-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope Revelation's whole Sync Nexus didn't repair the Bleeding Effect. It feels like a cop-out, if so. I want Desmond to have the negative effects in this one. It makes for more interesting story.
They can always go with "ohh he achieved Sync Nexus with Altair and Ezio... but not with other ancestors ha!" ;P

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Well I think Connor will die young, and the majority of gameplay with Desmond will be towards the end, and since we're with Connor his whole life, he should have complete synchronization with Connor, something I thought was interesting is they said that Synchronization will be similar to experience in AC3, maybe higher synchronization with Connor, more stuff Desmond can do?

Serrachio
07-19-2012, 08:56 PM
It's very unlikely Connor will die young. He would have to conceive Desmond before he does, and given his personality, I'd expect it'd take him a while to settle down with a woman.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe, never know, Ubisoft has said we're with Connor "from beginning to middle to end" believe they've also said it spans his entire life

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Maybe, never know, Ubisoft has said we're with Connor "from beginning to middle to end" believe they've also said it spans his entire life

When AC3 was announced it was said that it will span 30 years of Connor's life, not his entire life.

nightcobra
07-19-2012, 09:21 PM
It's very unlikely Connor will die young. He would have to conceive Desmond before he does, and given his personality, I'd expect it'd take him a while to settle down with a woman.

doesn't have to be the first time though, it'll only end the Connor segment once the child he conceives has a tie to desmond so it could end up being the youngest child out of 4 for example

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Ah

ShaneO7K
07-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Desmond doesn't have to be related to him through the woman Connor settles down with, it could easily be through a one night stand. But it is unlikely they will do that way.

Edit: Also, what that other guy said.

stargate55555
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
I just hope that any part of Desmond is not like Desmond in Revelations because it was truly a complete disaster and on top of that adding a DLC The Lost Archive to further anger me. :(

Unfortunately for me I found out about the DLC after I bought it. :(