PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Embers: Interesting Things, Possible Hints towards AC3

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
It's no secret that Ubisoft hints at future games, like the coordinates in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood The Da Vinci Disappearance which lead to upstate New York Desmond's location at the end of Revelations and most likely Assassin's Creed 3 as well. There are 3 things that stuck out to me, all in the moments before Ezio's death.

1st the man Ezio was talking to had a leather Bracer on 1 arm, this might or might not be a hidden blade.

We all know that sometimes our characters will say words in Italian, so this most likely flew over most peoples heads, mine as well, it didn't occur me to translate what they said until my second time watching Embers very recently, seems like a great place to hide something.

2nd the mysterious man mentioned grapes, the word "Sangiovese", now what's the significance of this? Well this name derived from "Sanguis Jovis"
meaning "Blood of Jove". Jove is also known as Jupiter, who we all know was at the end of Revelations. What this means, if anything? Who knows?

3rd and most significant and out of place, a phrase uttered by the mysterious man "Carango Vecchio" translating roughly to Old Kingfish.
A species of fish, the scientific name being Carangidae. So I thought about what "Old" was referring too, I looked at discovery dates for the fish, the oldest discovery date where several were discovered was the year 1758. So what's the significance? Simple! Two things we know about Connor, is that his village was burnt down when he was 15, and he was in his thirties around 1777. Well 1758 - 1777 = 19, so 19 years, 1758 is the year that Connor's Village must have been burnt down. Placing Connor at age 34 in 1777.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Interesting, and welcome to the forums.

Tzeentch_859
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM
I was sure the young guy said "Corraggio Vecchio", which translates to "courage old man".

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Perhaps your right, it'd make sense, but the other 2 still seem like hints

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Maybe he did say Corraggio, I jsut listened back a few more times I do hear an "N" in there though. The pronunciation to me seemed a bit off to be Corraggio though, Although I'm not quite sure on the pronunciation of Carango either.

Aphex_Tim
07-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Embers hmm?

*sniff*

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Well, before reading this, keep in mind that it I have absolutely zero hard evidence to back it up.

Clay mentioned that he was only able to spend a limited amount of time with Ezio, meaning that he had a different ancestor than Desmond. Hence the point of Vidic trying to find a descendant who could witness later Ezio memories (namely Desmond). I think Ezio had an illegitimate son in Florence sometime prior to his acquisition of the Apple in 1488, and that son grew up and had his own son who eventually sat down on the bench with Ezio. When Ezio paused to look at the young man before he died, I think he was seeing his former self in him, and not only in his attitude and demeanor. I think he was seeing his grandson.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I came upon that theory as well, the symbolism was definitely there, Ezio looked a bit surprised then angry, like he realized something and that angered him, I thought the scars were a bit odd, and with the hidden blade, who knows

Locopells
07-19-2012, 11:53 AM
I know the books aren't canon, but in the end of the ACR book, it's just a random guy.

Slayer_WTF
07-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Embers hmm?

*sniff*

http://forum.everyeye.it/invision/public/style_emoticons/default/doson.gif

blazefp
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
2nd the mysterious man mentioned grapes, the word "Sangiovese", now what's the significance of this? Well this name derived from "Sanguis Jovis"
meaning "Blood of Jove". Jove is also known as Jupiter, who we all know was at the end of Revelations. What this means, if anything? Who knows?

Maybe it just means that Ezio has the blood of Jupiter, which is to say blood of TWCB. And maybe that's the thing Ezio realized, and got him surprised - the templars knew about TWCB and that particular templar knew he had "gifts" from them. Just assumptions though.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 02:29 PM
You're overthinking every bit.

1. it's not a hidden blade as can be seen when freezing the frame at the right time. However, he appears to have a Templar cross on the other side of the bracer.

2. Even if this has significance, it's most likely solely easter-egg like, aesthetic.

3. As a Templar, he most likely knows who Ezio is. "Old kingfish" is simply a reference to the fact that he's an old mentor of the Assassin order.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Probably am over thinking things

BBALive
07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
The part about Connor is wrong. Even if he wasn't born in 1755 (which is the likely theory at the moment), we will still be playing as him when he is 'very young' (as confirmed by the devs). If he was 19 in 1758, and the game starts in 1753, then we won't be able to play as young Connor at all.

It's perfectly possible that his village is destroyed in 1758 though. Although I would have thought it would have been closer to 1770, the year he joins the Assassin Order.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I believe it's been stated that his village is burnt down when he is 15 (statements and concept art), reaching way back from I think stuff in the game informer, he gets a good amount of experience and training from his tribe, which is why he moves through the forest so well, what I meant is that the time period between 1758 and 1777 was 19 years, village burnt down when he was 15, so 15 + 19 = 34. Do we have anything on when the game starts? If he was 15 in 1758 and the game starts in 1753, then we'd be playing Connor since 10 years old, and I believe 8 - 11 was the usual starting age for a young boy to start hunting and learning to fight in tribal culture.

BBALive
07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I believe it's been stated that his village is burnt down when he is 15 (statements and concept art), reaching way back from I think stuff in the game informer, he gets a good amount of experience and training from his tribe, which is why he moves through the forest so well, what I meant is that the time period between 1758 and 1777 was 19 years, village burnt down when he was 15, so 15 + 19 = 34. Do we have anything on when the game starts? If he was 15 in 1758 and the game starts in 1753, then we'd be playing Connor since 10 years old, and I believe 8 - 11 was the usual starting age for a young boy to start hunting and learning to fight in tribal culture.

It definitely starts in 1753. The Connor trailer (the turnaround that showed his weapons and stuff) stated that he was born in 1755, but his date of birth was later removed from the trailer.

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Interesting, well they did say they were still changing stuff, example, you can find different models for Connor, in the frontier game play, he has a larger nose and a more brown skin color than in other game play trailers, if they removed it, it might not be in the game or they decided it might tip some history buffs off as to the contents of the game, who knows

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm probably wrong here though as far as dates and the meaning, "Old Kingfish" still might have some significance, could be a nickname for someone. I believe that they did mention that we'd be with Connor since his birth, if the game starts in 1753, but he's born in 1755, who knows, maybe we'll play as his father for a short opening sequence.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm probably wrong here though as far as dates and the meaning, "Old Kingfish" still might have some significance, could be a nickname for someone. I believe that they did mention that we'd be with Connor since his birth, if the game starts in 1753, but he's born in 1755, who knows, maybe we'll play as his father for a short opening sequence.

He's not saying "Old Kingfish", he's saying "Courage, Old Man."

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Makes sense, however where's the man part? The only two words there don't say anything about "Man" , "Coraggio Vecchio" would translate to "Old Courage'. That in itself might mean something else though.

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Makes sense, however where's the man part? The only two words there don't say anything about "Man" , "Coraggio Vecchio" would translate to "Old Courage'. That in itself might mean something else though.

Vecchio = old man

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Ah yeah I see I looked it up, I thought it simply meant Old, but it can also mean Old One, and often used to describe older men, well that clears that up.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 07:33 PM
He's not saying "Old Kingfish", he's saying "Courage, Old Man."
Wait... he didn't even check if he got the words right? I should've checked the subtitles. -__-;

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah I f'd up, for some reason checking subtitles didn't occur to me. Am a bit of an idiot sometimes I must admit =P