PDA

View Full Version : Shao Jun's Creed (Assassin's Creed IV)

Ezio_ilMentore
07-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Ubisoft wouldn't just all of a sudden drop the bomb-crafting feature right after Revelations, would they?

I am very eager for Assassin's Creed III, but not entirely.

After watching Assassin's Creed Embers, and seeing other "Chinese" related things in Assassin's Creed, I am mostly convinced Ubisoft will have the NEXT Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed IV, be setting in China.

The following are some facts that influences me to believe so.

1. This one is kind of a no brainer... who invented gunpowder? The Chinese. Now, if the Chinese invented gunpowder, they should have invented bomb-crafting (as Yusuf mentioned in AC Revelations). I've already mentioned it just now, Ubisoft wouldn't just all of a sudden drop the bomb-crafting feature right after Revelations, therefore I am convinced it will be back some time later in a future AC game. If the bomb-crafting feature comes back in the NEXT AC game, it is very likely the game will be set in China.

2. Ubisoft wouldn't just introduce a random, shady character like Shao Jun in a short movie without a legitiment reason, right?
Just like George Washington, why would Ubisoft randomly mentioned "ouu George Washington once held an Apple of Eden" in ACII? Now you know exactly why Ubisoft randomly mentioned GW; Assassin's Creed III.
It is possible Ubisoft introduced Shao Jun as a hint of the next AC game.
Just like AC III, they've probably have already started working on "AC IV" sometime around when Brotherhood or Revelations came out.

3. In the story, it sounded like China during the 1500s, Ming Dynasty, had a lot of stuff going on. The Chinese Assassins were almost wiped out by the Templar Emperor, Jiajing's men. Shao Jun sounded like she has a very interesting background story, raised as a concubine in the imperial palace, rescued by a mentor and trained into an Assassin.
The senarios, the settings, and this Shao Jun character are all intrieging and makes a perfect Assassin's Creed game.

4. The box Ezio game Shao Jun right before her departure. It was never revealed, and leaves us wondering what it is. "Only open when you lose your ways", this can mean it's something big and important.

5. Free-running on the Great Wall, who doesn't want to do that!? XD

I truely believe Shao Jun and China will make a great AC game, and should be the next AC game, of course, after AC III, which concludes Desmond's story.

Show your support for Assassin's Creed IV setting in Ming China below. :)

Assassin_M
07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Napolean had a POE
Queen Elizabeth had one too
the french revolution was hinted at during Brotherhood
Jesus was mentioned in Glyphs
as well as Noah, pharoahs, saint peter, Kennedy, Ghandi, Tesla..etc

Your point ?

Ezio_ilMentore
07-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Napolean had a POE
Queen Elizabeth had one too
the french revolution was hinted at during Brotherhood
Jesus was mentioned in Glyphs
as well as Noah, pharoahs, saint peter, Kennedy, Ghandi, Tesla..etc

Your point ?

This thread is meant to explain my point, the next AC, and I meant after ACIII and its future continuations (if there's ever going to be any), would and should be set in China.

Requiscent
07-18-2012, 11:30 PM
I can't remember who it was (was it Corey May?) that the one setting that they're really looking forward to is India, so take that with what you will.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Now that I think of it, I may have to join the Shao Jun bandwagon :P although I wouldn't say it should be a game as big as the main AC games but rather a spin-off like Brotherhood and Revelations.

Ezio_ilMentore
07-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Now that I think of it, I may have to join the Shao Jun bandwagon :P although I wouldn't say it should be a game as big as the main AC games but rather a spin-off like Brotherhood and Revelations.

I had the same thought before, but then it doesn't seem right. Shao Jun, China... it doesn't seem like it would be much relevant to Ezio's, or Connor's story, due to the physical distances between Europe/North America and East Asia. Therefore, I think has to be a main game.

Serrachio
07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
If they made a Chinese-based Assassin's Creed straight after 3, I figure that'd be just too easy.

I would like to see an AC game set in that area of the world, but I would like to see a main installment between it and AC3, so that Ubisoft will always have the interest of the fans in the time periods of that area.

Ezio_ilMentore
07-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I can't remember who it was (was it Corey May?) that the one setting that they're really looking forward to is India, so take that with what you will.

Actually, if it's going to be India, I think it would likely be during the 1800s, when the British ruled and oppressed the Indians with their "British East India Company". If that's the case, once again, we kill some more Brits... and then the Brits (on the internet) wouldn't be able to argue over that, since during those histories, that setting, the British were truely and undoubtedly the bad guys. XD

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Actually, if it's going to be India, I think it would likely be during the 1800s, when the British ruled and oppressed the Indians with their "British East India Company". If that's the case, once again, we kill some more Brits. XD

Alex Hutchinson said he would like to do The Raj so maybe. I dunno what's with that guy and fighting British rule lol.

alientraveller
07-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Just saying as someone who's half-Chinese, I'd be apprehensive about an AC game set in the far east because I'd find it boring. Putting aside how I take my heritage for granted for a minute (hell I always make sure to introduce myself as half-Lebanese to surprise people), isn't it about time one of these game's stories took you across multiple countries? I mean back in Ezio's time Italy was lots of different little countries but imagine if in one game the Assassin could travel between London, Paris and the battlefields of Prussia and Austria. If ACIV has an Assassin in the British Raj then he/she could also travel to Chinese cities because the British were mucking about there too.

WolfTemplar94
07-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Alex Hutchinson said he would like to do The Raj so maybe. I dunno whats with that guy and fighting British rule lol.

We Aussies hate the British :P

MT4K
07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
We Aussies hate the British :P

Everybody hates us British.... Even us British....

Assassin_M
07-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Everybody hates us British.... Even us British....
I don't hate you :|

MT4K
07-19-2012, 01:01 AM
I don't hate you :|

lol Thanks :D.

Vex_Assassin
07-19-2012, 01:10 AM
1. This one is kind of a no brainer... who invented gunpowder? The Chinese. Now, if the Chinese invented gunpowder, they should have invented bomb-crafting (as Yusuf mentioned in AC Revelations). I've already mentioned it just now, Ubisoft wouldn't just all of a sudden drop the bomb-crafting feature right after Revelations, therefore I am convinced it will be back some time later in a future AC game. If the bomb-crafting feature comes back in the NEXT AC game, it is very likely the game will be set in China.

2. Ubisoft wouldn't just introduce a random, shady character like Shao Jun in a short movie without a legitiment reason, right?
Just like George Washington, why would Ubisoft randomly mentioned "ouu George Washington once held an Apple of Eden" in ACII? Now you know exactly why Ubisoft randomly mentioned GW; Assassin's Creed III.
Just like AC III, they've probably have already started working on "AC IV" sometime around when Brotherhood or Revelations came out.

1. I think you're thinking too hard into this one. The devs probly just wanted to incorporate a new and fun gameplay element.

2. You're right, they mentionned George Washington in AC2 and he's going to be in AC3. But, they also mentionned Hitler, Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, etc, and it doesn't mean they will appear in any AC games...

Will_Lucky
07-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Actually, if it's going to be India, I think it would likely be during the 1800s, when the British ruled and oppressed the Indians with their "British East India Company". If that's the case, once again, we kill some more Brits... and then the Brits (on the internet) wouldn't be able to argue over that, since during those histories, that setting, the British were truely and undoubtedly the bad guys. XD

Looks like we know where Connor is going in his Brotherhood outing :D. Can we send him off to France as well for the Revolutionary War. I'm up for that.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Looks like we know where Connor is going in his Brotherhood outing :D. Can we send him off to France as well for the Revolutionary War. I'm up for that.

I actually REALLY want a French Revolution game. And I seem to recall that Connor was born in 1755, so he'd only be 45 years old by the end of the century, which was still way younger than Ezio in Revelations. Let's make it happen ;)

Ezio_ilMentore
07-19-2012, 02:28 AM
I honestly hope to play as Shao Jun, I don't really care if the setting takes place in China. After she leaves Italy, wouldn't she head back to China? On her way back, she'd probably stay in India for a short while, probably getting some aid from the Indian Assassins.

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I actually REALLY want a French Revolution game. And I seem to recall that Connor was born in 1755, so he'd only be 45 years old by the end of the century, which was still way younger than Ezio in Revelations. Let's make it happen ;)

I agree. Maybe the team that worked on Brotherhood and Revelations can do it! I mean come on, one more game can't hurt! :P

MasterSimaYi
07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
While I do really want the next game to be set during medieval China (mind you, not China during the 1500s), I do not see how the points you listed are hints towards China being the next setting for a main game rather than being an acknowledgement of China's presence in the AC universe. If those are hints, you may just as well mention that the Assassin Li Tong had an Apple of Eden as well.

I would love to see China, I just wouldn't love to see more games set during the 16th century (I may make an exception for Tudor England however). China under the reign of Qin Shi Huang, the foundation of the Han Dynasty or the Three Kingdoms period appeal much more to me.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Revelations were main games, not spin-offs...

Locopells
07-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Whatever format it takes, there's bound to be something surrounding Shao Jun. Remeber the box Ezio gave her at the end of Embers, that "may be of use one day" and only if she should lose her way? I can't think of anything that it links back to in any of the games, so...

MasterSimaYi
07-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Whatever format it takes, there's bound to be something surrounding Shao Jun. Remeber the box Ezio gave her at the end of Embers, that "may be of use one day" and only if she should lose her way? I can't think of anything that it links back to in any of the games, so...

A lot of things are left unexplained in the series. If Shao Jun was really going to be the next step and if her story needs to be wrapped up, I'd say she'd be the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III instead. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I find it a little odd to cramp Connor in between Embers and IV first.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Opinions of the devs about such a setting have already been voiced and make it fairly unlikely we'll see a game in any setting like that anytime soon. Embers was never made to suggest anything of the sort in fact. It, like every other bit of side-info in the universe, was merely there to increase the scale of the universe.

As pointed out by M, if we were to consider every clue about significant historical events being part of the AC story as a clue for a setting of a new game, we would've had games in India, WWII, Croatia, Victorian England and so on. Asian settings have not at all received any emphasis and should not be considered "above" these alternatives.

Regardless, this entire discussion belongs in the beyond ACIII thread.

MasterSimaYi
07-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Opinions of the devs about such a setting have already been voiced and make it fairly unlikely we'll see a game in any setting like that anytime soon.

I assume you are referring to Alex Hutchinson saying that Ancient Egypt, Feudal Japan and World War II are "boring settings." However, the devs have never spoken about China, thus this isn't true.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I assume you are referring to Alex Hutchinson saying that Ancient Egypt, Feudal Japan and World War II are "boring settings." However, the devs have never spoken about China, thus this isn't true.
Not explicitly, no, but I'm more referring to the reason he voiced. He was simply using those as examples of settings that were cliche, overdone, etc. That easily applies to China.

Locopells
07-19-2012, 02:43 PM
A lot of things are left unexplained in the series. If Shao Jun was really going to be the next step and if her story needs to be wrapped up, I'd say she'd be the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III instead. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I find it a little odd to cramp Connor in between Embers and IV first.

Whatever format it takes, and whenever it may happen, I should have said. And probably, rather then bound to be. The point is, it's rather more of a story link, then the historical ones.

tarrero
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Alex Hutchinson said he would like to do The Raj so maybe. I dunno whats with that guy and fighting British rule lol.

Well, after all, you could NOT get any bigger than the British Empire during XVIII and XIX centuries..... Therey were, literally, EVERYWHERE: Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa, North America, Central America, South America.........

If you make an AC game during that period, there has to be british templars.... Among others of course.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Ubisoft wouldn't just all of a sudden drop the bomb-crafting feature right after Revelations, would they?

I am very eager for Assassin's Creed III, but not entirely.

After watching Assassin's Creed Embers, and seeing other "Chinese" related things in Assassin's Creed, I am mostly convinced Ubisoft will have the NEXT Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed IV, be setting in China.

The following are some facts that influences me to believe so.

3. In the story, it sounded like China during the 1500s, Ming Dynasty, had a lot of stuff going on. The Chinese Assassins were almost wiped out by the Templar Emperor, Jiajing's men. Shao Jun sounded like she has a very interesting background story, raised as a concubine in the imperial palace, rescued by a mentor and trained into an Assassin.
The senarios, the settings, and this Shao Jun character are all intrieging and makes a perfect Assassin's Creed game.

4. The box Ezio game Shao Jun right before her departure. It was never revealed, and leaves us wondering what it is. "Only open when you lose your ways", this can mean it's something big and important.

5. Free-running on the Great Wall, who doesn't want to do that!? XD

I truely believe Shao Jun and China will make a great AC game, and should be the next AC game, of course, after AC III, which concludes Desmond's story.

Show your support for Assassin's Creed IV setting in Ming China below. :)

Actually some people say that other places have been hinted and blah blah, but the reality is that China has been hinted far more times than what most may believe, making it stand out more in the story line. Not to mention that China has been a country that has been lurking in the shadows of the story line just like Russia had been Talked about through S16's glyphs. Until they released AC: The Fall.

1.) AC1 - The Chinese letters on the walls
2.) AC:B - Lucy brings up possible satellite launch areas being: U.S, Russia, or China
3.) AC:Project legacy - The chinese guy that has the skull and the last time we hear about Giovanni borgia in 1545
4.) AC:R - Introduced us to an Asian empire and Yusif mentions the Chinese bomb crafting skill they adopted from the Chinese Assassins
5.)AC:Embers - Shao jun is introduced
6.)AC3 - We have a very NON - native weapon that ONLY existed in china...the rope dart ! lol

How did Ratonhnhaké:ton manage to get a Chinese weapon ?!?! wtf is this non accurate native weapon that never existed anywhere else at the time but in China among martial artists ? I am not saying that ropes didn't exist, but rope darts are exclusively Chinese Assassin preferred weapons...coincidentally ;) during the times of Qin Shi Huang - Jiajings reign as tyrants (3rd century BC - 16th century BC: Respectively )

Chinese and martial arts, too some, walk nearly hand in hand. AC combat mechanics are getting so good and fluid that it seems as if they are building up to a flashy kungfu level martial arts combat engine. If they were to make a chinese based AC game now, the combat would suck. Wait a few years and the system will gradually build and become good enough to have those Chinese, flashy skills in actual gameplay with little animation issues.

I believe that china has been hinted far more than any other country in the AC universe :P And yes your thread is the best ! AC IV: China :D !!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: or at least a comic book ;D

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Not explicitly, no, but I'm more referring to the reason he voiced. He was simply using those as examples of settings that were cliche, overdone, etc. That easily applies to China.

How is China overdone? I can't think of a single game set there.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 07:15 PM
How is China overdone? I can't think of a single game set there.
Seriously?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_China

MasterSimaYi
07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Seriously?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_China

The only ones of those though, that are really set purely in China and aren't shooters or western stories, seem to be Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms (both made by KOEI) and a few others. I personally wouldn't really classify that as "overdone." Plus, the United States as a setting is also overdone but the American Revolution isn't. There were a lot of different periods in the history of China; as AC3 proves, you can't just dismiss an entire country as a setting. They were very careful when saying "Ancient Egypt, Feudal Japan and World War II" as well, since they didn't just say that "Egypt, Japan and Germany" are overdone.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
The only ones of those though, that are really set purely in China and aren't shooters or western stories, seem to be Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms (both made by KOEI) and a few others. I personally wouldn't really classify that as "overdone." Plus, the United States as a setting is also overdone but the American Revolution isn't. There were a lot of different periods in the history of China; as AC3 proves, you can't just dismiss an entire country as a setting. They were very careful when saying "Ancient Egypt, Feudal Japan and World War II" as well, since they didn't just say that "Egypt, Japan and Germany" are overdone.
That's just video games though. There are tons of movies, Hollywood and non-Hollywood alike, TV series, etc. as well, set in all time periods. Not to mention that all I did was just give a random wikipedia list. Those aren't the only games set in china (by far).

I'm not "dismissing" a whole country. I'm just saying this is a setting that people quickly think of, too quickly. That's exactly the reason AC shouldn't go there (yet). AC should focus on using new settings that people don't generally think of, like they've done before. China is so incredibly unoriginal.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-20-2012, 09:41 AM
While I do really want the next game to be set during medieval China (mind you, not China during the 1500s), I do not see how the points you listed are hints towards China being the next setting for a main game rather than being an acknowledgement of China's presence in the AC universe. If those are hints, you may just as well mention that the Assassin Li Tong had an Apple of Eden as well.

I would love to see China, I just wouldn't love to see more games set during the 16th century (I may make an exception for Tudor England however). China under the reign of Qin Shi Huang, the foundation of the Han Dynasty or the Three Kingdoms period appeal much more to me.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Revelations were main games, not spin-offs...

Well, they were semi spin-offs. The stories were vital to the AC series, but they were like half the size of the numbered games and just continuations of AC2.