PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III - I have a question about New York

Slayer_WTF
07-18-2012, 04:48 PM
We know that in addition to Boston, there will be New York. My question is: will take place during the period in which AC3, there are important events that took place in that city? Major battles?

Of course not counting the "Great Fire".

Another question: this is New York?

http://wiiublog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Assassins-Creed-3-Artwork-3.jpg

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Looks like the old north church in Boston.

Sabastian_AC
07-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Looks like a broken link.

eagleforlife1
07-18-2012, 05:55 PM
It's New York after the Great Fire.

Slayer_WTF
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
It's New York after the Great Fire.

No, it's impossible. We will see British guards.

The war ended in 1783, while the great fire took place in 1835.

TheFrontLine
07-18-2012, 06:10 PM
The British invaded New York and took control of it, this might be a scene from after the battle. Or it could be what Alpha_Soldier said, since I know little to nothing about Boston landmarks.

rileypoole1234
07-18-2012, 06:15 PM
That is New York. Ubisoft has stated that they are taking some creative liberties with when the fire actually happened. Plus, Boston was never destroyed during the revolution. That city is clearly destroyed.

EDIT: It is odd though, that tower is almost the exact tower of the Old North Church in Boston. One website lists that screenshot as multiplayer. I'm not sure why. At first I was sure that that is New York, but now I'm not. The tower is the only thing that confuses me.

Slayer_WTF
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
That is New York. Ubisoft has stated that they are taking some creative liberties with when the fire actually happened. Plus, Boston was never destroyed during the revolution. That city is clearly destroyed.

Thanks for info. :D

rileypoole1234
07-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks for info. :D

I edited my post, check it out. It's strange that the tower in the picture is clearly the Old North Church in Boston, yet it almost has to be New York.

TheFrontLine
07-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Maybe they took some more creative liberties and made the Boston Massacre into a complete battle, ;P.

Serrachio
07-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Perhaps the Great Fire didn't happen at the time, but that picture is supposed to display New York's slums.

I get that there's supposed to be some inconsistencies between history and the game, but I wouldn't like to see them take such a liberty and place an event into the game 50 years before it was supposed to happen.

Slayer_WTF
07-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Although the screen on the right seems to depict New York:

http://i49.tinypic.com/10o1taa.jpg

localdude098
07-18-2012, 06:33 PM
No, it's impossible. We will see British guards.

The war ended in 1783, while the great fire took place in 1835.

There was a "Great Fire of New York" in 1776 as well.

Serrachio
07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
There was a "Great Fire of New York" in 1776 as well.

Hmm. That would be more likely then.

Slayer_WTF
07-18-2012, 06:39 PM
You're right! Strange that Wikipedia says 1835, while the English has the right date

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_incendio_di_New_York

Requiscent
07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
There are two great fires in New York apparently, as the english wiki has articles on each of them. I can't imagine Ubi going that far, especially with their love for history.

Specifically, here's the article for the 1776 fire. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_New_York_(1776))

localdude098
07-18-2012, 07:10 PM
An interesting thing about the fire of 1776 is that New York was of course occupied by British forces. In the general's report to London he said that George Washington was possibly responsible. Since, currently we know that Washington was part of the free masons and had an apple of eden, I feel that we do not quite know exactly all of Washington's tendencies. It could be possible that this game will portray Washington as a "Get things done, worry about the consequences later" kind of guy. It would definitely push Ubi's idea that the game is not a "Rah Rah America" kind of game.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
An interesting thing about the fire of 1776 is that New York was of course occupied by British forces. In the general's report to London he said that George Washington was possibly responsible. Since, currently we know that Washington was part of the free masons and had an apple of eden, I feel that we do not quite know exactly all of Washington's tendencies. It could be possible that this game will portray Washington as a "Get things done, worry about the consequences later" kind of guy. It would definitely push Ubi's idea that the game is not a "Rah Rah America" kind of game.

My thoughts exactly. At the time, it was pretty much assumed that the Patriots did it.