PDA

View Full Version : Didn't spot any children in the game

IMRicko
07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Alex said in an interview long time ago that children will be featured in the game. But from all the demo that ubi has shown us, i didn't spot any single children. I remember once on the interview he said that there will be children running around the street and sometimes messing up with guards (e.g running between guard's legs and stuff). I really hope to see children at least on the crowd walking around for the upcoming demos

itsamea-mario
07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh no, how will we live...

notafanboy
07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
i was wondering about this too, im surprised that no one has asked this in an interview or something

Moultonborough
07-18-2012, 03:42 PM
It doesn't matter if we see them in a Demo. For the Boston Demo they were focusing on combat and new features. Not the actual people within the game. For the kids I'm just happy they locked them out to prevent some ******* from going on a child killing spree.

freddie_1897
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
It doesn't matter if we see them in a Demo. For the Boston Demo they were focusing on combat and new features. Not the actual people within the game. For the kids I'm just happy they locked them out to prevent some ******* from going on a child killing spree.
you can't go on a child killing spree, they said that you just wouldn't be able to, they are immortal and the assassinate symbol won't come up

Moultonborough
07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
you can't go on a child killing spree, they said that you just wouldn't be able to, they are immortal and the assassinate symbol won't come up

I know. That's what I meant by "locking out". They made it impossible to kill them to prevent it. Very happy about it.

Captain Tomatoz
07-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe the demo is set during school hours :D

BBALive
07-18-2012, 06:04 PM
We've only seen one city demo, which only contained a very small part of the city. Be patient.

Assassin_M
07-18-2012, 06:05 PM
We've only seen one city demo, which only contained a very small part of the city. Be patient.
Not to mention that its not the final build..

TheHumanTowel
07-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Pfft ...that's realistic. I'm sorry but this is dealbreaker Ubisoft, not buying the game now.

Mr_Shade
07-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Pfft ...that's realistic. I'm sorry but this is dealbreaker Ubisoft, not buying the game now.
Well I hope that's an attempt at humor.

Assassin_M
07-18-2012, 06:24 PM
It most likely was xD

MT4K
07-18-2012, 06:27 PM

I would think so. Cannot imagine TheHumanTowel being serious with that :D. Most likely sarcasm :P. At least that's how i read it lol :).

Mr_Shade
07-18-2012, 06:30 PM
I guessed as much, however we have had a few people being very real about the same sort of comment..

I just don't want those people starting to flood the topic again..

Gregolian
07-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Every game obviously has to be like Dead Space 2 with killable children. :P

It's an early build and we really have only seen two different gameplay vids and one took place in an area where I doubt kids would be.

TheHumanTowel
07-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I guessed as much, however we have had a few people being very real about the same sort of comment..

I just don't want those people starting to flood the topic again..
Wow really? Well my comment was just a joke. No need to fear.

Requiscent
07-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Wow really? Well my comment was just a joke. No need to fear.
Kind of sad that you have to actually be careful of what you say.

Anyway on topic, they can be great addition, even better if Ubi makes them the annoying little brats that they are in Bethesda games. I'm looking at you Fallout 3.

Gregolian
07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Kind of sad that you have to actually be careful of what you say.

Anyway on topic, they can be great addition, even better if Ubi makes them the annoying little brats that they are in Bethesda games. I'm looking at you Fallout 3.
If they are annoying like Fallout 3 I should be at least be allowed to throw them into a hay bale to shut the up.

WolfTemplar94
07-18-2012, 06:53 PM
If they are annoying like Fallout 3 I should be at least be allowed to throw them into a hay bale to shut the up.

You should see a psychiatrist, man :/

Gregolian
07-18-2012, 06:54 PM
I blame Dead Space 2.

SixKeys
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM

Why? I think something like that would be funny. It'd only be sick if Connor enjoyed hurting children. Pushing them into a soft haybale because they kept annoying him (calling him names, throwing rocks or something) would be okay. Maybe the kids could then bounce back off the hay and run off laughing.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe the demo is set during school hours :D

That's... actually very possible. If they have a set time every day when kids get out of school, I'd certainly be impressed with the attention to detail :p

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-18-2012, 07:44 PM
That's... actually very possible. If they have a set time every day when kids get out of school, I'd certainly be impressed with the attention to detail :p
That would be quite impressive.

I find the amount of people that judge the whole game off of these small demos is wayyy to large.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I find the amount of people that judge the whole game off of these small demos is wayyy to large.

This is true. I saw one guy once who was whining that Connor didn't do the traditional "memory corridor death speech" when he killed the guy in the fort... Of course they're not going to show something as spoiler-ridden as that... :nonchalance:

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 12:26 AM
This is true. I saw one guy once who was whining that Connor didn't do the traditional "memory corridor death speech" when he killed the guy in the fort... Of course they're not going to show something as spoiler-ridden as that... :nonchalance:

That makes me wonder if Connor will speak to his victims in his native tongue, like Alta´r and Ezio. (I know Alta´r only recited the "nothing is true, everything is permitted" phrase to Al Mualim, but it still counts.)

Captain Tomatoz
07-19-2012, 12:49 AM
That makes me wonder if Connor will speak to his victims in his native tongue, like Alta´r and Ezio. (I know Alta´r only recited the "nothing is true, everything is permitted" phrase to Al Mualim, but it still counts.)

If he does I'm sure the animus will translate it anyway so you'll hear it in english (with, maybe, the animus glitches where it fails to translate).

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 01:12 AM
If he does I'm sure the animus will translate it anyway so you'll hear it in english (with, maybe, the animus glitches where it fails to translate).

No, I mean that maybe he'll have like a stock phrase that he'll always say in his native tongue, like Ezio always said "Requiescat in pace".

Captain Tomatoz
07-19-2012, 01:17 AM
No, I mean that maybe he'll have like a stock phrase that he'll always say in his native tongue, like Ezio always said "Requiescat in pace".

Oh, ok. That would be cool. It was badass when Ezio said Requiescat in pace. :D

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 01:54 AM

Well, they did meet with Native American language consultants. And actually, Ezio usually gave a different Latin monologue to each of his targets. Something similar to that in Mohawk would be awesome (subtitles included of course) :p

Locopells
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Why? I think something like that would be funny. It'd only be sick if Connor enjoyed hurting children. Pushing them into a soft haybale because they kept annoying him (calling him names, throwing rocks or something) would be okay. Maybe the kids could then bounce back off the hay and run off laughing.

Kinda like throwing beggers/lute players into the water.

Serrachio
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Here's hoping that certain guards and civilians can swim. An instant kill by throwing them in a shallow river is a bit silly.

If they're going to die, at least establish that they can't swim or something, with them flailing around in the water a bit.

GLHS
07-19-2012, 02:05 PM
But didn't you know? Only Assassins can swim. JUST assassins lol.

LightRey
07-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Most people couldn't swim. In fact, even today most people don't know how to, let alone with armor on. Assassins are likely trained to be able to do so. Concerning swimming I'm more bothered by the fact that people instantly die instead of splash around for a while, but then again that's kindof unnecessary, so it makes sense.

GLHS
07-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Way to ruin a good humor post -__-

Serrachio
07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Most people couldn't swim. In fact, even today most people don't know how to, let alone with armor on. Assassins are likely trained to be able to do so. Concerning swimming I'm more bothered by the fact that people instantly die instead of splash around for a while, but then again that's kindof unnecessary, so it makes sense.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but it was mentioned that the British Army was one of the most formidable military forces of the time. To have them not being able to swim, even when there was large scale naval battles, it does sound a bit odd.

Now I get that it makes sense to not have them swim considering it's been in many Assassin's Creed games so far, but I would at least like to see the Agile guard variant being able to, even if they were a slower swimmer than Connor. After all, they are lighter built than the others, but swimming could still prove an easier way to lose them.

Personally, I just think it's a way so that Ubisoft's developers don't need to create a system where swimming plays a part in assassinations etc.

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Normally, I'd agree with you, but it was mentioned that the British Army was one of the most formidable military forces of the time. To have them not being able to swim, even when there was large scale naval battles, it does sound a bit odd.

Now I get that it makes sense to not have them swim considering it's been in many Assassin's Creed games so far, but I would at least like to see the Agile guard variant being able to, even if they were a slower swimmer than Connor. After all, they are lighter built than the others, but swimming could still prove an easier way to lose them.

Personally, I just think it's a way so that Ubisoft's developers don't need to create a system where swimming plays a part in assassinations etc.

I don't think it'd necessarily have to be a complex addition. Stabbing someone while swimming might not be possible (it'd probably look awkward animation-wise) but you could have some elite guards who could swim away from a sinking ship, for example, and Connor could pick them off with his bow or hidden gun from higher ground.

Serrachio
07-19-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't think it'd necessarily have to be a complex addition. Stabbing someone while swimming might not be possible (it'd probably look awkward animation-wise) but you could have some elite guards who could swim away from a sinking ship, for example, and Connor could pick them off with his bow or hidden gun from higher ground.

Not saying you need to stab someone in the water to kill them. Connor could grab them by the throat from the front or behind, restrain them, and then drown them by holding their head under while they can't move.

YuurHeen
07-19-2012, 07:00 PM
most of the time i hate kids in games anyway. "cough: mass effect 3 :cough"

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM

Well, at least it's better than Red Dead's water. That's the one thing that game did horribly :p Your nose touched water? YOU DIE!

LightRey
07-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Way to ruin a good humor post -__-

xD
You're welcome.

I can imagine some of them being able to swim in ACIII, but it's not something we should count on.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I know that children will add more realism to the game ,, And it will look awesome ,,, but in every assassin's creed game you could kill civilians ,,, I know you can kill them two times then you will be Desynchronized but you will be able to kill a few though ,,, so killing a kid will be pretty violent ,,, I know Ac has some violence moments but killing children will be pretty violent thing and I think This is something like scalping Alex said that the team didn't want someone to post 100 scalped guy on youtube and say it took me 20 mins to do it ,,, so I think It's the same way with the children :)

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 08:05 PM
---> Ask ALEX on KOTAKU LIVE (http://kotaku.com/programming-notice/) about the children! ; )

medcsu
07-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Pretty sure we will see Connor as a kid too.