PDA

View Full Version : Should I play revelations?

jonesy96
07-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Ive played all of the AC's except revelations. Is it worth getting for the story or anything? Ive read a summary of what happens but it wasnt in great detail. So is it worth getting/playing through?

Moultonborough
07-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Yes, it does explain a lot. And it sets up AC 3. Just reading a summary of the game is not enough. If you truly want to understand the series and what is in store for AC 3 play it. It is kinda short but still very much worth it. Final word: BUY IT.

jonesy96
07-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Alright I will probably get it then. And how short would you say it is? Roughly speaking and is there any new weapons or armor or anything like that?

Chocoburger
07-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Rev is more of the same of Brotherhood. if you liked Bro, then you'll like Rev, assuming you want more Bro in your gaming life. The coolest new weapons are the grenades, at first I didn't really care for them, but eventually I really got into crafting and using them, they're a lot of fun and allow you to screw with the enemies in fun ways. Be creative! Try throwing sticky bombs onto the backs of unsuspecting guards. :)

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Alright I will probably get it then. And how short would you say it is? Roughly speaking and is there any new weapons or armor or anything like that?

If you just charge right through the story with none of the side missions, it's probably about ten hours. As for new armor and weapons... yes. Along with the usual sword/knife racks, there are all sorts of bombs, as the guy above me said, and the hook blade. It lets you slide down zip lines, do a double climb leap, and get a few new combat animations. Nothing earth-shattering about it, but hey, it's good for some mindless fun. There are also five new Turkish armor sets, including the traditional "super-duper unbreakable God" set. Final word... yes, you should get it. It's a good game, though it's less of a leap forward than its predecessors.

EzioAssassin51
07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
You'll get a lot of people complaining it's a horrible game and not to buy it. Don't listen to them. It has it's flaws but it's not so horrible it's not worth buying! You can have a lot of fun with it, especially with the bombs :D

Captain Tomatoz
07-18-2012, 11:40 AM
You'll get a lot of people complaining it's a horrible game and not to buy it. Don't listen to them. It has it's flaws but it's not so horrible it's not worth buying! You can have a lot of fun with it, especially with the bombs :D

I think the reason people complain so much is because they are comparing it to the other games in the series. On its own its a very good game, although lacking side missions, but compared to the other games in the series,its not as good. I personally had a hell of a lot of fun playing it, which is the main thing to think of when playing a game. :)

TheHumanTowel
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
If you can find it cheap I'd go for it but prepare yourself for disappointment. It's a real step down from the previous games in the series in almost every way. Story isn't as good, a lot less side missions, combat's the exact same and an awful ending.

roostersrule2
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
ACR is a great game and it's not like it got bad reviews or anything it's also great ending for Ezio and Altair.

SixKeys
07-18-2012, 12:26 PM
If you're a big AC fan, then sure. I'd say try to get it for as cheap as possible though, as the 10-hour campaign (with barely any side missions) isn't really worth the full price. The game is a lot buggier and less polished than the previous games and doesn't really add much to the modern day story.

YRTEP
07-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Don't forget: ACR ends Altair's and Ezio's story!

So if you like them, buy it. ;)

SixKeys
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Don't forget: ACR ends Altair's and Ezio's story!

So if you like them, buy it. ;)

To be fair, the Alta´r segments are max. 5 minutes each and Ezio's story didn't really need an ending. Especially since his REAL ending was covered in Embers.

TheHumanTowel
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
To be fair, the Alta´r segments are max. 5 minutes each and Ezio's story didn't really need an ending. Especially since his REAL ending was covered in Embers.
And every single one takes place in Masayaf. I was hoping it would be sort of like the Cristina missions in Brotherhood where they take place in a small section of the cities we visited.

YuurHeen
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
You should get it because its a freaking great game period.

raytrek79
07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I've only been playing the creed for about a year. I began with the original and although my preowned copy was incredibly glitchy I enjoyed it enough to want to keep going. I then played 2 and found it to be the best game since red dead, red dead having been the best game since GTA. I then got Brotherhood, now I will not say it sucks, it is a great game but more along the level of the original. I came to a point where I wondered if I should get revelations because I was unsure, I didn't expect much, but I bought it because it came with a copy of the original. It is certainly more retricted in size, the city of Constantinople is modestly sized and is pretty much the only place you really get to play, but I believe it makes up for this limitation in the bomb creation aspect. I fell in love with the bomb feature and as a result revelations is my favourite to date, granted I haven't played 3 yet.

raytrek79
07-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Actually my favorite games ever go *** creed revelations, red dead redemption, gta has been fading out lately, not too keen for gta5 but will end up playing it. But also the hook blade feature in revelations is a notable advance in Ezios ability evolution, very useful and adds incredible efficiency to his travelling and slipping guards, formerly best with tackle.