PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the whole AC3 difficulty ^_^

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 10:12 PM
So this is what i think about the several topics on the 'difficulty being easy' or 'they all stand still and watch' or the most used of them all: 'only one guard attacks at a time'

Simply Put...

It annoys me when people expect 10 guys to continuously attack the player AT THE SAME TIME in an Assassins Creed game. In my opinion it would become very dull and you would die very quickly and that wouldn't be very fun at all. However as some people may of forgotten you CAN actually be attacked by like 10 guys all at once when they line up with their muskets and shoot. If you get hit directly by that, I'd imagine Ubisoft would make it so you die instantly.

Furthermore, as some people have already said the demo's thus far have been tweaked for obvious reasons. For example: unlimited ammo, unlimited health, I think they tweaked the AI down a bit too (Cant remember the quote exactly) but you get the point.

It would become rather awkward if the Dev died in a live demo. We've only seen three enemy archetypes, medicine has been scraped entirely, and you don't regen mid-battle. This toppled with the new controls, the fact that we will be new to the fresh combat system whereas the devs Ubisoft aren't will make it challenging in my opinion.

Most importantly - the game is not even out! - How about we wait till launch, play it, and then decide if it's too 'easy' - I personally wont be bothered too much even if it did turn out to be the easiest thing ever. That dident stop me from enjoying ACB nor ACR, and I have faith this wont either regardless of the difficulty.

<Rant End :P>

So lets assume they DO launch the game with a harder difficulty which if they did I'd imagine it would be something similar to new-game plus where you must beat the game before hand on normal. Would be that be cool? Sure, im always up for more re-playability. I'm not against the idea.

I hope this helps some of the people that are worried about the difficulty. :)

matheus_737
07-17-2012, 10:29 PM
well i'm sure this game will like the other in terms of challenge: will be easy, the combat is very fun but without any challenge for us and so? the game will be fantastic the same way like the other 4 before it but lets agree all the game not often a real challenge.

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
well i'm sure this game will like the other in terms of challenge: will be easy, the combat is very fun but without any challenge for us and so? the game will be fantastic the same way like the other 4 before it but lets agree all the game not often a real challenge.

AC3 will most certainly be harder then the previous titles. Unless everything about the combat the devs have told us is a lie, which i see no reason for them to do so. The game will be fine ;)

YRTEP
07-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Agreed. :D
IMO the fighting system is too easy!

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Agreed. :D
IMO the fighting system is too easy!

The combat has been rebuilt :) - Expect it to be harder then previous titles

BBALive
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
You shouldn't have made a separate thread for this.

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
You shouldn't have made a separate thread for this.

If I had posted in one of those topics, less chance for it to get actually noticed.

playassassins1
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Well done my friend... Well done. Everyone should see this, I hope people will understand that you can't judge a game on controls/difficulty if you haven't played it yet..

YRTEP
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM
The combat has been rebuilt :) - Expect it to be harder then previous titles
I know, things like the health system have been rebuilt.
But in general it's the same. :)

Well done my friend... Well done. Everyone should see this, I hope people will understand that you can't judge a game on controls/difficulty if you haven't played it yet..

This is a forum, so let's discuss. ;)

BBALive
07-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I know. Things like health system. But in general it's the same.

It's not the same. This has already been addressed by both the developers themselves, and the more attentive forum members.

YRTEP
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Anyway.

I don't think anybody is judging the game.

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
I know, things like the health system have been rebuilt.
But in general it's the same. :)

Except different enemy archetypes. Meaning you cant just chain kill everything, enemy's are alot more aggressive as it has shown in some of the Boston demos, some of the controls have changed. And the combat is ALOT more deep, there's even more then 1 option when you counter someone.

playassassins1
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Anyway: I think nobody is judging the game.

Well then you haven't seen the Youtube comments... They blindly judge the game without even having some sort of explanation, They judge the game on things we haven't even seen in action...

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Well then you haven't seen the Youtube comments... They blindly judge the game without even having some sort of explanation, They judge the game on things we haven't even seen in action...

Haha, thats youtube for you.

YRTEP
07-17-2012, 10:54 PM

Isn't this variably the case? Beside this: the forum isn't YouTube.

Except different enemy archetypes. Meaning you cant just chain kill everything, enemy's are alot more aggressive as it has shown in some of the Boston demos, some of the controls have changed. And the combat is ALOT more deep, there's even more then 1 option when you counter someone.

OK, I got it. :p

mattahleen
07-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm just hoping for that sweet spot between a nice little challenge and a fun experience. I do not want it to be a super easy slaughterfest. Brotherhood was so easy that I actually tried to prolong combat. It would have been better with more guards. I also don't want it to be too difficult. I am a master at these games so I probably die every now and again. My MAIN concern is that i don't end up killing ten guards in a row with flintlock pistols.

corbinmahieu
07-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Isn't it better to ''warn'' the devs about our worries or sharing ideas? ... It would suck even more if you play the game and would say '' combat is easy, ;.. saw that one coming '' .
And the developers would say '' why didn't you guys say it was to easy? We could easily ad a difficulty option '' --> That's why i'm whining about it

I just hope the developers of AC see these threads and understand that lots of their fans are having troubles with the easy combat.!
I just wanna have these topics in hopes the devs will notice them !

And.. that they would at least explain thereselfs or better put a difficulty option to the game OR make it general combat harder
( which will not be the case , or else my younger brother wouldn't be able to play it ) --> But I don't know if the threads of a fanforum could ''change'' the idea's of the studio.
( would be f*** awesome if they did listen to us )

--> Of course the game will remain awesome without the difficulty option ! But it would be PERFECT with it ! . Because I see the negative gameplay-combat experience as the last negative gameplay element. ( in my gameplay view of AC )

EzioAssassin51
07-19-2012, 07:32 AM
This is a forum, so let's discuss. ;)

But a lot of people (including you) aren't discussing. You're just blatantly and plainly claiming the combat is exactly the same, which is both untrue and is not discussion, it's just you saying stuff based on a dumbed-down demo that doesn't reveal everything.

And the developers would say '' why didn't you guys say it was to easy? We could easily ad a difficulty option '' --> That's why i'm whining about it

And if they haven't heard the games are easy by now, which they have been since AC2, they have problems. They have listened and this game is harder! For many reasons like the OP has said, lack of medicine, harder achetypes, harder controls, no regeneration.

And as I always state, it's not too bad combat being easy since it makes sense. As an assassin, you wouldn't be a horrible fighter who takes an hour to kill a group who detected you. You'd kill them as quickly as possible to return to being incognito.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 10:39 AM
The thing that annoys me about the "they just stand and watch" argument is that you could easily say the exact same thing about Arkham City's combat system, but everybody just heaps praise on it from every direction. And don't get me wrong, it is a great game. But I don't understand why Batman's combat can be exempted from reality, but Assassin's Creed's combat can't. Yes, in the real world, if one guy is staring down a squad of 50 guys, they're all going to rush him at once and he'd get his *** kicked even if he was Bruce Lee. But this is a game. So get over it.

/rant

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
The thing that annoys me about the "they just stand and watch" argument is that you could easily say the exact same thing about Arkham City's combat system, but everybody just heaps praise on it from every direction. And don't get me wrong, it is a great game. But I don't understand why Batman's combat can be exempted from reality, but Assassin's Creed's combat can't. Yes, in the real world, if one guy is staring down a squad of 50 guys, they're all going to rush him at once and he'd get his *** kicked even if he was Bruce Lee. But this is a game. So get over it.

/rant

Arkham City had a hard mode ;) and it was ****ing hard. !
--> You needed to avoid guards because the chance of getting killed was higher then usual. But that's what i like.
-> A stealth kill of one of the guards and then run away... killing them one at the time.

I see Connor and Batman more as ''stealth assassin's'' no ninja gaiden action heroes. --> A high difficulty pushes gamers to be more stealthy

I was glad only one guy attacked me at the time in Arkham Cit . In AC 2-B-R I kill a group of guards in a breeze..... Would be nice to ''run'' away from guards because they are to lethal. ( Just like the first time in AC you find a Templar around the corner ) .. In AC:R you could kill the entire Janissaries camp with a few boms and armor.

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 05:24 PM
But a lot of people (including you) aren't discussing. You're just blatantly and plainly claiming the combat is exactly the same, which is both untrue and is not discussion, it's just you saying stuff based on a dumbed-down demo that doesn't reveal everything.

And if they haven't heard the games are easy by now, which they have been since AC2, they have problems. They have listened and this game is harder! For many reasons like the OP has said, lack of medicine, harder achetypes, harder controls, no regeneration.

And as I always state, it's not too bad combat being easy since it makes sense. As an assassin, you wouldn't be a horrible fighter who takes an hour to kill a group who detected you. You'd kill them as quickly as possible to return to being incognito.

1/ It would be nice to kill a group of guard without being noticed... ''Hitman/Splinter cell'' style. ( without using smoke bom ofcourse )

2. I really hope your health goes slowly back up after a fight. ---> THAT WOULD MAKE THE COMBAT HARDER Cause I saw that in the DEMO Connor's healthbar immediately gets full... Let's just say it was DEMO-safty and not the real deal.

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm going to ask about a difficulty option on KOTAKU LIVE to ALEX (http://kotaku.com/5927409/the-creative-director-of-assassins-creed-iii-will-answer-your-questions-live-on-kotaku-at-5pm-et) !

If some of you guys do the same our change of getting picked will be higher. ( or ask other ( non-story related ) question to Alex

EzioAssassin51
07-20-2012, 08:29 AM
1/ It would be nice to kill a group of guard without being noticed... ''Hitman/Splinter cell'' style. ( without using smoke bom ofcourse )

2. I really hope your health goes slowly back up after a fight. ---> THAT WOULD MAKE THE COMBAT HARDER Cause I saw that in the DEMO Connor's healthbar immediately gets full... Let's just say it was DEMO-safty and not the real deal.

That was random. I'm pretty sure we will be able to, considering it's Assassin's Creed and every game has had that! And I'm sure that'll be the case for number 2! Again, it's a demo, they don't want people dying too much or even at all!