PDA

View Full Version : Free Masons

medcsu
07-17-2012, 02:41 AM
I am interested to see if Ubisoft will delve into the Freemason line in this game. Considering that they came into their own around the end of the 16th century and start of the 17th and considering where we are, it could be an interesting scenario. Supposedly the Masons formed "Grand Lodges" in America that were "secretive", "hidden" and "contained great wealth and were well trapped for trespassers." Seems like something we may see. Opinions?

**** guys...the more I think about AC3 the more excited I get.....gah!

kudos17
07-17-2012, 02:48 AM
It has been discussed around here before.

It is almost a certainty that AC3 will delve into the Free Masons. Ubisoft loves to stuff that sort of stuff into the franchise; it seems like a logical assumption that they'd elaborate on Freemasonry ;)

medcsu
07-17-2012, 02:55 AM
It has been discussed around here before.

It is almost a certainty that AC3 will delve into the Free Masons. Ubisoft loves to stuff that sort of stuff into the franchise; it seems like a logical assumption that they'd elaborate on Freemasonry ;)

Very cool, thanks for the info. It seems like it would be the logical exploration area(s) in 3 as AC2 had churches and so on. This may be the AC3 version for that type of "Lodge" exploration for pieces that inevitably form armor or some weapon. I could see some amazing pistol.

Ahh....there it was again....too excited.....!

eagleforlife1
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Corey May and Alex Hutchinson have both confirmed that the freemasons will be represented in the game as will slavery.

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
The Assassin's Logo is based off of the Freemason logo. Look that up!

Then you have the whole "who is right" thing. Templars or Assassin's.......

LightRey
07-17-2012, 01:22 PM
The Assassin's Logo is based off of the Freemason logo. Look that up!

Then you have the whole "who is right" thing. Templars or Assassin's.......
That's not true. It looks somewhat like it (its significance is highly debatable as similarity between simple geometric shapes isn't really a strong indication), but it has never been confirmed by anyone to be based off of it.

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
That's not true. It looks somewhat like it (its significance is highly debatable as similarity between simple geometric shapes isn't really a strong indication), but it has never been confirmed by anyone to be based off of it.

Really? When I say it is... I meant.... that it has a good possibility. I remember someone had a picture of the logos and stuff of freemason and all the Assassin logos. However don't you think in this day and age when illuminati are everywhere that there isn't a good possibility that it IS based off of freemasons?

LightRey
07-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Really? When I say it is... I meant.... that it has a good possibility. I remember someone had a picture of the logos and stuff of freemason and all the Assassin logos. However don't you think in this day and age when illuminati are everywhere that there isn't a good possibility that it IS based off of freemasons?
Not really, no. Freemasonry seems largely contradictory to most of the actions and inner workings of the Assassin order and the relevant conspiracy theories point much more in the direction of something similar to the Templar order.

Not to mention the outline of a staple remover looks more like the Assassin symbol.

De Filosoof
07-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Remember, the freemasons were a group of wealthy and rich people. That pretty much contradicts with the assassins, fighting for the "middleman"
Even the Auditore family wasn't a real rich banking family, it was a cover. ( play the uplay tomb in AC2 and you will know).

medcsu
07-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Not really, no. Freemasonry seems largely contradictory to most of the actions and inner workings of the Assassin order and the relevant conspiracy theories point much more in the direction of something similar to the Templar order.

Not to mention the outline of a staple remover looks more like the Assassin symbol.

This. While I am very interested to see how Ubisoft introduces the Masonic order I agree with you that in terms of Templars or Assassins, I would see the Masons more leaning toward the Templars. This actually raises an interesting point because Washington was a Mason. I still think Charles Lee is going to be the main protagonist but would be happily surprised if Franklin or Washington were put into that role (though I still think it will be Lee - off topic I know but hey, I'm excited!)

LightRey
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
This. While I am very interested to see how Ubisoft introduces the Masonic order I agree with you that in terms of Templars or Assassins, I would see the Masons more leaning toward the Templars. This actually raises an interesting point because Washington was a Mason. I still think Charles Lee is going to be the main protagonist but would be happily surprised if Franklin or Washington were put into that role (though I still think it will be Lee - off topic I know but hey, I'm excited!)
I don't see them leaning to either side. The conspiracy theories about Freemasonry directly contradict it and the devs said they're keeping true to actual freemasonry. I can see it being an independent group not directly affiliated with either side, but possibly with members from both sides.

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Which proves that Assassin's don't like staples!

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Freemasonry is affiliated with the Knights Templar.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Freemasonry is affiliated with the Knights Templar.
If you mean there's a group within the Freemasons that associates itself with the Knights Templar, then yes, but that doesn't mean much.

Gregolian
07-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Hopefully they don't *****er it like most media does for stories and stuff.

TheCuchulainn
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
The Freemasons derived from the Templar Order, and in todays world, the only way to be part of the Knights Templar is through Masonry. Not to mention in AC3, Haythem has a Masonic symbol on his cloak so I am thinking that they are mixing Assassins with Templars, and with that I think would continue the game into a much more enjoyable story after this point. Where its almost a civil war within both groups.