PDA

View Full Version : I am just starting the AC series, any suggestions or tips? should I start with AC1?

deadphishh
07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I am downloading AC1 right now but i read elswhere that AC2 would be the best place to start, any thing i need to know about AC1 or suggestions on whether I am doing the right thing starting here
Thanks in Advance!!
Deadphishh

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Depends. AC2 does give a brief plot introduction from what happened in AC1. However if you want the 'FULL' story, play AC1 first. The upgrade in AC2 from AC1 is pretty big as to be expected. However, if you were to play AC2, ACB and ACR and then play AC1 at a later date - you might find it difficult to enjoy in terms of game play.

However since this is your introduction to Assassins Creed, I'd recommend playing AC1 first. Not only will you get the full story, but you will feel pretty satisfied when you see the difference between AC1 and AC2. (Hopefully, Hehe)

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Well AC1 would be best to start at but it's just so darn boring so I recommend reading the AC1 plot on Wikipedia and then buying AC2 onwards.

rileypoole1234
07-17-2012, 01:04 AM
If you want the complete story, start with AC1. AC2 is the better game and best in the series so far, but if you want the full experience start with AC1.

SixKeys
07-17-2012, 01:12 AM
AC1 is really cheap these days, the PS3 version of AC: Revelations even included it for free. So if you can, I recommend giving it a try. You'll appreciate the jump to AC2 even more after comparing both experiences.

kriegerdesgottes
07-17-2012, 01:16 AM
I would just start with AC1. Try and appreciate it for what it was. It was at the time revolutionary and the cities were rebuilt the way they were almost a thousand years ago and you're an assassin. That makes it worth having alone but it does have some flaws especially if you start with the other games that you will notice. The story will make much more sense and be much more enjoyable if you start from the beginning.

kudos17
07-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Absolutely start with AC1; it's a brilliant game.

It's a little slow and repetitive, but the story is worth sticking it out. And it's really fun regardless.

If you find it boring, push through it and complete it anyway, for the whole story. After that, you will find AC2 so much better. The improvements between the games is HUGE. Easily one of the biggest examples of devs listening to feedback I've ever seen. Everything is improved.

If you skip anything, let it be Revelations and Brotherhood. Both are fantastic games, but you can read about them in the wikis. That's only if you MUST, though. Otherwise, get 'em all.

ShaneO7K
07-17-2012, 01:25 AM
You'll find yourself asking less questions in later games when you start with AC1, and it's a great game and worth a playthrough. The cities were beautifully done and had a good atmosphere to them. The gameplay is just as fun as the other AC games. I'll also add that starting with AC1 makes you appreciate AC2 more by how much it had changed.

Turul.
07-17-2012, 01:39 AM
since youre downloading ac1 just start there,

the game may be repetitive, but the ending is spectacular, and then youll move onto ac2 where your expectations are blown away,
if you really want the full effect and evolution of the series, start with ac1, dont worry you wont regret it

De Filosoof
07-17-2012, 02:29 AM
AC1 -> AC2 -> ACB -> ACR.
Really simple actually.

All games are good in their own way.

Locopells
07-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Likes the others have said, start with AC1. You really need all the main games to keep the plot flow.

ProletariatPleb
07-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Most non-hardcore fans would tell you start with AC2. I would say start with AC1, and BE PATIENT, it may get tedious and repetitive(wasn't for me but people say so) believe me the atmosphere, morality is worth the patience. Then start AC2 because AC2 starts EXACTLY where AC1 ended and then Brotherhood picks off right at the very moment where AC2 ended.

EzioAssassin51
07-17-2012, 07:05 AM
As others have said, AC1, it's tedious on second playthroughs, not so much first playthroughs since you haven't experienced the cutscenes and gameplay before!

Locopells
07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Most non-hardcore fans would tell you start with AC2. I would say start with AC1, and BE PATIENT, it may get tedious and repetitive(wasn't for me but people say so) believe me the atmosphere, morality is worth the patience. Then start AC2 because AC2 starts EXACTLY where AC1 ended and then Brotherhood picks off right at the very moment where AC2 ended.

ACR also, even if time has passed for Ezio.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Pretty much this. With AC1, focus on the story. If it gets too repetitive you might want to consider skipping optional stuff (I would advise doing every actual mission though for background info).

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:24 PM
You do really need to start with AC1, it is the origin, however it is very repetitive. All I ask is that you PLEASE finish it and give it time. By the time you jump to AC2 you will get a sense of relief and a sense of renewal. However, skip AC:R don't even waste your money on it. It is probably the most pointless AC game I have ever seen. The only good thing that came out of it was the money that they put towards AC3.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
You do really need to start with AC1, it is the origin, however it is very repetitive. All I ask is that you PLEASE finish it and give it time. By the time you jump to AC2 you will get a sense of relief and a sense of renewal. However, skip AC:R don't even waste your money on it. It is probably the most pointless AC game I have ever seen. The only good thing that came out of it was the money that they put towards AC3.
I disagree with skipping ACR. It holds some vital developments in both Desmond's and Ezio's life that if skipped may cause confusion when starting on ACIII.

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I disagree with skipping ACR. It holds some vital developments in both Desmond's and Ezio's life that if skipped may cause confusion when starting on ACIII.

It was hands down the most money grabbing game I have ever played! He could easily youtube that stuff.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 01:31 PM
It was hands down the most money grabbing game I have ever played! He could easily youtube that stuff.
I found it worthwhile. I think your expectations were too high, my friend.

freddie_1897
07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
its good to see more and more people starting to play AC now that AC3 is right around the corner

ShaneO7K
07-17-2012, 03:41 PM
its good to see more and more people starting to play AC now that AC3 is right around the corner

Oh there will definitely be alot of people who will just start at AC3, after release they will come on here clueless to what has just happened.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh there will definitely be alot of people who will just start at AC3, after release they will come on here clueless to what has just happened.
and spoil the ending for everyone that hasn't gone dark.

TheHumanTowel
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Totally agree and they put the actual Revelations in paid DLC to try and squeeze even more money out of us. If he really enjoys the gameplay or wants to see more Ezio he should pick up ACR but it's so barely relevant to the modern day he could just read a synopsis.

Subject J80
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
and spoil the ending for everyone that hasn't gone dark.

I usually go dark a few days before the release of the game. Its one of the fun things for me because being from Ireland, it meant that the game was almost here.

But as this is out on the 30th and 31st October it will be around the same time this year.

itsamea-mario
07-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Why do i get a feeling from this not many people really liked AC1? :(

ProletariatPleb
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Well there are a lot of people that just need constant action and have absolutely no sense of plot development...not saying that anyone from here is.

Subject J80
07-17-2012, 04:47 PM

Not me, I loved the game. Still do because its the origin story, the beginning.

WolfTemplar94
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I think it's a good idea to start AC1, just in case you may actually like it. If you don't like it, it's understandable.

SixKeys
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM

It's still my personal favorite. I always recommend my friends to start with the first game, I just realize that not everyone cares as much about the atmosphere as I do. Most people just want GTA in the Middle Ages, with lots of side quests and challenges. AC1 wasn't really about that.

De Filosoof
07-17-2012, 11:50 PM
It's still my personal favorite. I always recommend my friends to start with the first game, I just realize that not everyone cares as much about the atmosphere as I do. Most people just want GTA in the Middle Ages, with lots of side quests and challenges. AC1 wasn't really about that.

I have a feeling those kinda people will eventually ruin the AC franchise.

Oh and i loved AC1 by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYiV4IiWeI

Nostalgia anyone?

I remember seeing this demo for the first time. I immediately fell in love with the innovative climbing mechanics and the idea of fighting against the knights.
The modern-day stuff came as a complete surprise when i bought the game, and boy did i love it !!:D
The repetitive mission structure didn't bother me at all because it was such a unique experience.