PDA

View Full Version : Will Connor get a Poe

pablo2977
07-16-2012, 02:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if Connor will get his own Poe because Altair and Ezio get their own?

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums:D

No one knows that, but around Connor`s time, George Washington had a POE;)

I`ll leave it there:rolleyes:

RatonhnhakeFan
07-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums:D

No one knows that, but around Connor`s time, George Washington had a POE;)

I`ll leave it there:rolleyes:

I hope the game does not revolve around searching for an Apple. That would be what, 4th game in a series with the same MacGuffin?

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I hope the game does not revolve around searching for an Apple. That would be what, 4th game in a series with the same MacGuffin?
Most likely, that wont be the case. seeing as in the Modern-day story they already have the Apple.
I'm also assuming it wont be a main quest like AC I, II, B and to a lower extent in ACR, but you can definitely bet that there`ll be something regarding the Apple.

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Most likely, that wont be the case. seeing as in the Modern-day story they already have the Apple.
I'm also assuming it wont be a main quest like AC I, II, B and to a lower extent in ACR, but you can definitely bet that there`ll be something regarding the Apple.

Probably will just pop into the story near the ends of Connors part of the game.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Probably will just pop into the story near the ends of Connors part of the game.
yeah most probably this..

RatonhnhakeFan
07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I bet it will pop in the story since we already know G-Wash has one, just hope it ain't another "ohh you must get the Apple and use it to kill someone again".

Be it the Shroud, Eve, Crystal Skulls or something else. Just not the Apple again as the main MacGuffin

MT4K
07-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I think it is inevitable Connor will get a Piece of Eden. I am curious what he will do with it though.

What do you guys think would be a cool thing for Connor to use it for?

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I just think it will be interesting to see how it ends up in Washingtons hands and what Connor will do about it or if he has anything to do with Washington receiving the PoE.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Myan Ruins..... POE, Just sayin..... I think he Hides the POE if nothing.

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Myan Ruins..... POE, Just sayin..... I think he Hides the POE if nothing.

Doubt there would be anything that important at the ruins because of it being a DLC.

MT4K
07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Doubt there would be anything that important at the ruins because of it being a DLC.

The DLC only mentioned about exploring the ruins i believe. He likely will be in that area during the main storyline for whatever reason. I doubt he would travel all the way there just to get a sawtooth sword.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Doubt there would be anything that important at the ruins because of it being a DLC.It may be just bonus Mayan ruin as a DLC. Nothing prevents the game from having other Mayan buildings in the standard game.

The DLC only mentioned about exploring the ruins i believe. He likely will be in that area during the main storyline for whatever reason. I doubt he would travel all the way there just to get a sawtooth sword.
Yeah, that island will definitely be on the Caribbean map that we will be able to explore in the base game

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
It may be just bonus Mayan ruin as a DLC. Nothing prevents the game from having other Mayan buildings in the standard game.

This.

eagleforlife1
07-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I wonder if George Washington's sword is the Sword of Eden. He wasn't actually a very good general tactically, but I wonder if his sword was the reason behind the success of the American Revolution.

menacefox
07-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I still think the Mayan Ruins DLC = hint that AC4 will take place in Central/South America. We get to see the Natives fight it out vs. either Spanish or British - or French colonists.

http://abrahimappel.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/tenochtitlan.jpg

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I wonder if George Washington's sword is the Sword of Eden. He wasn't actually a very good general tactically, but I wonder if his sword was the reason behind the success of the American Revolution.

Was it not already shown in AC2 that it was one of the Apples that Washington had?

eagleforlife1
07-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Was it not already shown in AC2 that it was one of the Apples that Washington had?

Yes, I don't recall saying anywhere that he didn't have the apple though. Plus, according to AC2 Washington had the apple in 1781 and yet the American Revolution started six years earlier. Rodrigo Borgia had both the apple and the staff in AC2.

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Yes, I don't recall saying anywhere that he didn't have the apple though. Plus, according to AC2 Washington had the apple in 1781 and yet the American Revolution started six years earlier. Rodrigo Borgia had both the apple and the staff in AC2.

I wasn't saying he couldn't have more than one PoE, I just thought that you were ment that the PoE mentioned in AC2 was the Sword.

I don't think he will have a PoE prior to the Apple to be honest, Connor removing Templars from the Redcoats side could just as big of a reason for Washingtons success.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 12:04 AM
The Apples, Staffs, Swords of Eden and Shroud were shown in AC2 glyph puzzles. Technically, they could always have G-Wash have more than just an Apple, not showing it in AC2 doesn't mean there was no possibility he could've had it, but it would be a bit weird if Clay knew about all the different Swords of Eden owners and about G-Wash having the Apple but not the Sword

eagleforlife1
07-17-2012, 12:09 AM
The Apples, Staffs, Swords of Eden and Shroud were shown in AC2 glyph puzzles. Technically, they could always have G-Wash have more than just an Apple, not showing it in AC2 doesn't mean there was no possibility he could've had it, but it would be a bit weird if Clay knew about all the different Swords of Eden owners and about G-Wash having the Apple but not the Sword

Maybe, or maybe the point he was trying to get across during the specific puzzles couldn't have been made by highlighting the fact that G-Wash had the sword of eden.

NOLA_Assassin
07-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Well, isn't the story about finding the Grand Temple and unlocking it? Maybe the Apple or another PoE is the key.

medcsu
07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but each POE has specific qualities. Therefore the one Ezio had will differ greatly from one Connor could potential find. In other words, this may be the "time disruption" piece that the Templars ended up taking and locking up. The only fairly obvious point I can guess at this time is the piece will not be the one Ezio held so the piece we will more than likely come into contact with has a currently unknown quality.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but each POE has specific qualities. Therefore the one Ezio had will differ greatly from one Connor could potential find. In other words, this may be the "time disruption" piece that the Templars ended up taking and locking up. The only fairly obvious point I can guess at this time is the piece will not be the one Ezio held so the piece we will more than likely come into contact with has a currently unknown quality.
Nobody is entirely sure if this is true. We know there are different PoE types, but the Apples themselves have generally identical qualities. However, the games seem to suggest that there are some differences between Alta´r's and Ezio's apple, suggesting they're not completely identical in their properties.

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:18 PM
George Washington had a POE. However it is unknown whether he will have it before Connor meets him, or after Connor meets him. I would be very surprised if we did NOT get to play with a POE as they are mentioned very frequently in the games. In Brotherhood I had a sense of POWA using one. It made me happy.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 01:25 PM
George Washington had a POE. However it is unknown whether he will have it before Connor meets him, or after Connor meets him. I would be very surprised if we did NOT get to play with a POE as they are mentioned very frequently in the games. In Brotherhood I had a sense of POWA using one. It made me happy.
Afterwards most likely. Washington handed it down the presidential line, strongly suggesting he was in possession of it during his presidency, while Connor clearly meets him during the war as a general.

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Afterwards most likely. Washington handed it down the presidential line, strongly suggesting he was in possession of it during his presidency, while Connor clearly meets him during the war as a general.

But whats to say that Connor doesn't meet him before and befriends him?

younas456
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
As it has been told. George washington is said to have had one.
Connor has a hidden blade/dagger that you can twist. I think The PoE will be at Georges property quite some time.
It feels like the hidden blade is special made for Connor. SO if George is the Da vinci of that time or if there will be some one else.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 01:33 PM
But whats to say that Connor doesn't meet him before and befriends him?
...that's exactly what I'm saying.

eagleforlife1
07-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I wonder whether Aveline will have a PoE.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I wonder whether Aveline will have a PoE.
Well so far I think every AC game has featured at least one PoE, so I'd say that's likely.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Map of POEs:
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/0c/Map_eagle_vision.png

Quite a few in US. Washington's Apple is likely the one located around Washington on the map

LightRey
07-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Map of POEs:
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/0c/Map_eagle_vision.png

Quite a few in US. Washington's Apple is likely the one located around Washington on the map
We don't know if those are of PoE's in real time though.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
We don't know if those are of PoE's in real time though.
Logically it's a map of their locations during Altair's life. At least that's the first thought. Maybe the Apple just picked whatever time period it felt like lol. There doesn't seem to be a POE anywhere on Cyprus where Templars suppousedly discovered Ezio's Apple

LightRey
07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Logically it's a map of their locations during Altair's life. At least that's the first thought. Maybe the Apple just picked whatever time period it felt like lol. There doesn't seem to be a POE anywhere on Cyprus where Templars suppousedly discovered Ezio's Apple
Well we're not even sure if the map is depicting PoE's (could be temples for example) or if it's only depicting specific PoE's. It could even be that the map was depicting them in the modern day as we know TWCB could very accurately predict the future that far ahead and the original map depicted by the apple showed modern borders.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Well we're not even sure if the map is depicting PoE's (could be temples for example) or if it's only depicting specific PoE's. It could even be that the map was depicting them in the modern day as we know TWCB could very accurately predict the future that far ahead and the original map depicted by the apple showed modern borders.
Just checked, indeed modern borders. Also, the AC1 map shows 3 POEs in North-East US (one presumably in the Grand Temple):
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/8/8a/AC-AltairMalikMap.png

I'm questioning whether Ubisoft really thought-out these map(s) as much as we would like to think they did, or maybe they just threw random dots...

ShaneO7K
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Do we know what the Assassin logos represent on the map?

LightRey
07-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I think they might be unrelated to the map itself and are simply there to form the dots of a specific recurring symbol that appears when the apple is used on it. The symbol (dots again already visible) also appeared on the door to the vault in ACII when opened with the apple.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Well, the one in New York fits the location of the Grand Temple, so there's that.

Plus these Assassin logos make the only actual shape of all dots, a shape we've already seen elswhere in the series:
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9089/codexmapwithlines.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/250/staffopeningvault.jpg

There's also this map from Abstergo files. Again some dots fit, some don't:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414231110/assassinscreed/images/8/88/Possible_vault_locations.jpg

A mess...

ShaneO7K
07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Well, the one in New York fits the location of the Grand Temple, so there's that. Plus these Assassin logos make the only actual shape of all dots, a shape we've already seen elswhere in the series:There's also this map from Abstergo files. Again some dots fit, some don't:A mess...Yeah, I was going to say before that it could be positions of where temples are/ once were, but then I saw that the Colosseum temple isn't shown with the symbol.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I was going to say before that it could be positions of where temples are/ once were, but then I saw that the Colosseum temple isn't shown with the symbol.

Actually it's not. No dots or logos in Italy. Always puzzled me how exactly Ezio knew about the Vatican Vault is located in Vatican based on Altair's map.

Does anyone know which game the Abstero map is from? The dots on Abstergo map fit perfectly with the dots from AC1 map from the Apple

ShaneO7K
07-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Actually it's not. No dots or logos in Italy. Always puzzled me how exactly Ezio knew about the Vatican Vault is located in Vatican based on Altair's map.

Does anyone know which game the Abstero map is from? The dots on Abstergo map fit perfectly with the dots from AC1 map from the Apple

That's what I just said lol.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 04:01 PM
That's what I just said lol.Misread xD

LightRey
07-17-2012, 04:01 PM

The map, when used in conjunction with the apple, lit up Rome. Combined with the prophecy described on the Codex (regarding 2 PoE's) and the fact that Rodrigo had become pope, he was able to piece together that the papal staff was the second PoE in the prophecy. That's how he knew.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 04:02 PM
The map, when used in conjunction with the apple, lit up Rome.It did? I watched that scene many times, never saw Rome/Vatican lighting up :/

De Filosoof
07-17-2012, 04:03 PM

I think because Rodrigo became pope.

LightRey
07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
It did? I watched that scene many times, never saw Rome/Vatican lighting up :/
Well you don't actually see it light up, but I imagine it did. Something like that at least as Ezio derives from it that it is in Rome.