PDA

View Full Version : We Want New York Gameplay!

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Hey all assassins! I want to see a gameplay in New york in AC3. What about u? Give me a :D if u want to see a New York gameplay in AC3!

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Hello:D

They don't have to show everything, last year they did and we all know where that went..

I say No..

TheFrontLine
07-16-2012, 01:18 AM
It'll probably be very similar to Boston, unless they had a special landmark.

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Hello:D

They don't have to show everything, last year they did and we all know where that went..

I say No..

I am not saying that I want to see EVERYTHING! i JUST WANTED TO SEE A LITTLE MORE GAMEPLAY NOTHING ELSE. If Ubisoft want to. Just a though :)

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:25 AM
I am not saying that I want to see EVERYTHING! i JUST WANTED TO SEE A LITTLE MORE GAMEPLAY NOTHING ELSE. If Ubisoft want to. Just a though :)
Yeah, sure..

I`v seen Boston and the Frontier and I don't really want to see New York, so I hope Ubisoft doesn't listen to you:rolleyes:

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Yeah, sure..

I`v seen Boston and the Frontier and I don't really want to see New York, so I hope Ubisoft doesn't listen to you:rolleyes:

:( Its my opinion not yours, alright. I think AC3 looks great and I am looking forward to the game.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:32 AM
:( Its my opinion not yours, alright. I think AC3 looks great and I am looking forward to the game.
I hope Ubisoft doesn't listen to your opinion:p, because they`re showing everyone and not just you..

alright. I think AC3 looks great and I am looking forward to the game.

Wha- ?

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah, sure..

If Ubisoft will show a New York gameplay just don't watch it, your problem not mine... ;)

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
If Ubisoft will show a New York gameplay just don't watch it, your problem not mine... ;)
I find my self so dedicated that I may think I`v sinned, if I once missed a piece of media for AC..

A lot of people think that way too, and why are you dragging this ? You want to see and I don't, lets move on..

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
I hope Ubisoft doesn't listen to your opinion:p, because they`re showing everyone and not just you..

[/COLOR]
Wha- ?

Most people from Youtube want a New York gameplay. Sorry man, just stop messin with me :)

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:38 AM
I find my self so dedicated that I may think I`v sinned, if I once missed a piece of media for AC..

A lot of people think that way too, and why are you dragging this ? You want to see and I don't, lets move on..

ok sorry about that.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Most people from Youtube want a New York gameplay. Sorry man, just stop messin with me :)
*sigh* you`re such a Bad- *** you know that ? I already replied..

Moultonborough
07-16-2012, 01:58 AM
We already have(sort of). One of the newer trailers show what looks to be a city on fire. Most likely that was the great fire. Only for a second or two though. I wouldn't mind a short gameplay demo from New York, but not as long as the Boston one.

Serrachio
07-16-2012, 02:05 AM
If they showed us everything before it was released, there'd be little surprise left, kind of like what they did with Revelations.

Locopells
07-16-2012, 02:37 AM
You mean how they showed us Cappadocia, Masyaf, all the Secret Locations and every other little secret? I don't get why everyone thinks ACR was spoilt before release. Fair enough they showed all the new gameplay mechanics, but there weren't that many new to begin with. There were still plenty of surprises.

tarrero
07-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Well I dont haha

The game looks pretty awesome, and I have not been THIS excited over an AC game since II........ But I dont want the entire product to be spoiled like ACR, (although there was not not that much to show really) So I am more than satisfy, however I guess there is going to be one more big "reveall".

And regarding revelations, well to me is a good game, but lacks.....

Serrachio
07-16-2012, 02:47 AM
You mean how they showed us Cappadocia, Masyaf, all the Secret Locations and every other little secret? I don't get why everyone thinks ACR was spoilt before release. Fair enough they showed all the new gameplay mechanics, but there weren't that many new to begin with. There were still plenty of surprises.

True, but the immersive quality of the city was dulled immensely because you would have already seen most of Constantinople in trailers.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-16-2012, 03:08 AM
actually I don't even want to see any new gameplay ,, I'm so Hyped to the game and the story ,, that I don't want to know anything about the story before I play the game ,,, In all Assassin's creed games ,,, I wanted Ubisoft release gameplays and trailers ,,, but for this One ,, I really want to experience it when I play it ,,, when I play the gamed I want to be surprised while playing it ,,, I don't know if any body understood me ,,,But I know they will release a new gameplay at gamescom ,,,but I can't Stop myself from watching it xD

jzsnyder
07-16-2012, 03:12 AM
If they showed us everything before it was released, there'd be little surprise left, kind of like what they did with Revelations.

Agreed. Games are always better on release if we don't know everything about 'em.

I would like at least a screenshot of New York, though.

sticks165
07-16-2012, 03:16 AM
i would rather wait till the game comes out to see what NY looks like.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-16-2012, 03:53 AM
No we don't, and if they show it I'll stay far away. Please keep closed doors on New York. I'd love to enter the game not knowing what to expect there.

SixKeys
07-16-2012, 03:58 AM
I'd rather not see any more gameplay from the singleplayer portion. We've had three demos showing all kinds of cool stuff, it's enough to whet my appetite till the game comes out. Multiplayer is okay and I hope we'll see more of that at GamesCom, but no more new SP footage.

BBALive
07-16-2012, 05:03 AM
The destroyed parts of post-1776 New York should be pretty fun to explore and climb.

shanethebouncer
07-16-2012, 05:30 AM
We've already seen the Frontier, Naval, and Boston you don't need New York work on your entitlement issues.

WolfTemplar94
07-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Wouldn't it be cooler to go in blind and be amazed by it?

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-16-2012, 06:06 AM
I think that would be outstanding, a big first for me as well. Most companies show off everything before release so their are no big surprises.

EscoBlades
07-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Hey all assassins! I want to see a gameplay in New york in AC3. What about u? Give me a :D if u want to see a New York gameplay in AC3!

NO!

jzsnyder
07-16-2012, 07:19 AM
NO!

Truer words have never been spoken.

Slayer_WTF
07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I think the show at Gamescom.

playassassins1
07-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I think they revealed too much. They revealed The Frontier, Boston, And the Naval thingy.. Isn't that enough for you? They can't spoil everything, look at ACR, they spoiled almost everything before release..... So i'd say, keep New York a secret because Boston is enough revealing

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
NO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIR97Ubfpa4

I cannot agree more.

Mr_Shade
07-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I want a strawberry ice-cream sundae - might not happen..

MT4K
07-16-2012, 03:25 PM
I want a strawberry ice-cream sundae - might not happen..

Is this some kind of subtle hint that you want us to get you one? :O. Because i'm sure that COULD be arranged :P.

Mr_Shade
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
LOL well if your at eurogamer ;)

ProletariatPleb
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
LOL well if your at eurogamer ;)
you're* >_> xD

Shadey do you have any idea about if there will be any gameplay at Gamescom?

MT4K
07-16-2012, 03:36 PM
@Shade - We'll see. No promises though :P. I ain't one to usually go to expos or events :D, and to be honest i'd likely forget by the time it gets here anyway :S lol.

on-topic - Seeing some new york gameplay i suppose would be cool, but new york did go through a lot of changes in that period of time i believe. It would be really cool to see it all completely when the game is released. For instance i believe we will be seeing before, during, and after the great fire. It would be much better to go through all parts of that while actually playing for the full experience.

Edit - wow i said experience a lot lol. So i edited it to sound better :P.

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 03:36 PM
you're* >_> xD

Shadey do you have any idea about if there will be any gameplay at Gamescom?

Doubt he would be allowed to say.

ProletariatPleb
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Doubt he would be allowed to say.
Doesn't hurt to ask, maybe he forgets/is in a good mood....darn you!

prince162010
07-16-2012, 03:55 PM
i hope them realese a new gamplay for new york

deskp
07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
I dont want them to show anything from new york... becuase i'd like for alot of this game to be a suprise.

And if they release gameplay I'm too weak/impatient not to watch it even if I'd want to see as little as possible.

oliacr
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I want to see the Frontier in Summer...:D

LightRey
07-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Why New York gameplay in particular? What's so special about New York all of a sudden?

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Why New York gameplay in particular? What's so special about New York all of a sudden?
I'm guessing they want to see something new.

The Frontier in the summer would be cool, they showed a few clips of it in a trailer or two and it looked completely different from winter, some more looks at it would be great!

TheFrontLine
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM

I think it's because the locations announced, so far, are Boston, New York, and the frontier, and we have already seen two of the three.

playassassins1
07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
I think it's because the locations announced, so far, are Boston, New York, and the frontier, and we have already seen two of the three.

Nope, there are 4. The Caribbean sea is also something. And we have seen 3 of the 4. So keeping one thing secret would be good. Since it would bring big surprises because you haven't seen it yet.

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Nope, there are 4. The Caribbean sea is also something. And we have seen 3 of the 4. So keeping one thing secret would be good. Since it would bring big surprises because you haven't seen it yet.

I can't imagine how New York will look very different from Boston though....

DavisP92
07-16-2012, 11:07 PM

I think he wants to see it because he is wondering how New York will look. Will it be the same as Boston? or perhaps have it's own flare like AC2 did? that's probably why he wants to see it.

I think they revealed too much. They revealed The Frontier, Boston, And the Naval thingy.. Isn't that enough for you? They can't spoil everything, look at ACR, they spoiled almost everything before release..... So i'd say, keep New York a secret because Boston is enough revealing

Seriously wow, I hate when people say this. I'm referring to the "they revealed the Frontier, Boston, and the naval thingy.. isn't that enough for you?" Why does that have to do with the showing of New York, to everyone saying "oh no they showed enough, blah blah blah" unless i'm not interpreting the op's question/desire to see New York right then forgive me but if i am he only want to see New York because he wants to see, like i said towards light rey, if there is a difference between the two cities. I for one would like to see what New York looks like, not all of it and definitely not any of it's secrets but i'd like to see a few seconds of Connor running or walking in the streets/roofs to see if the layout looks different.

As for combat, i'd rather them not show anything new. And when i say new, i'm referring to the other main game features. But i'd like to see what's up with the customization, customization of Connor, his house, and his boat.

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 11:17 PM
I think he wants to see it because he is wondering how New York will look. Will it be the same as Boston? or perhaps have it's own flare like AC2 did? that's probably why he wants to see it.

Seriously wow, I hate when people say this. I'm referring to the "they revealed the Frontier, Boston, and the naval thingy.. isn't that enough for you?" Why does that have to do with the showing of New York, to everyone saying "oh no they showed enough, blah blah blah" unless i'm not interpreting the op's question/desire to see New York right then forgive me but if i am he only want to see New York because he wants to see, like i said towards light rey, if there is a difference between the two cities. I for one would like to see what New York looks like, not all of it and definitely not any of it's secrets but i'd like to see a few seconds of Connor running or walking in the streets/roofs to see if the layout looks different.

As for combat, i'd rather them not show anything new. And when i say new, i'm referring to the other main game features. But i'd like to see what's up with the customization, customization of Connor, his house, and his boat.
I agree. They could make it similar to the Boston demo, it didn't show anything important related to the main storyline, it just showed some new features, i liked that :).

But i can understand how people are a bit skeptic(including me) about ubisoft showing new gameplay after what they did with ACR. They showed one of the "coolest"(not really) missions and even some secret lairs/tombs!!

Shaxy
07-17-2012, 12:25 AM
I agree with the others, keep New York under wraps until launch so you can experience it up close and the result will be much more satisfying. Besides, it's not like they have spoiled 'that' much. We only really saw some of the dock area of Boston. As for the frontier we saw a glimpse of the 1.5 x bigger then Rome beast. If i remember correctly (not sure if this was confirmed or not) naval was also confirmed to be explorable and we've not seen any of that.

SteelCity999
07-17-2012, 12:36 AM
There's really no reason to show any other cities unless there is a specific game mechanic that is special to the that area...like the ships. I don't think they showed every city from AC2 leading up to launch so I see no reason for them to do it for AC3. I personally would like to be surprised for once......since I have been not surprised at all for the last 2 games. They showed us everything new and then there was nothing left on release to experience. They could show MP some more and maybe one or two other things from SP and I would good until Oct. 30. I would like to experience the feeling of playing AC2 for the first time again.......that was fun to play through.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 12:49 AM
What's so special about New York all of a sudden?
The interest in one of the most important, influental cities in modern history obviously. But quite a few people may be disappointed since the 18th century NY will be almost unrecognizable, certainly won't have anything to do with the skyscraper-city fantasy its the most iconic for ever since the early 20th century.

DavisP92
07-17-2012, 01:49 AM
I agree. They could make it similar to the Boston demo, it didn't show anything important related to the main storyline, it just showed some new features, i liked that :).
But i can understand how people are a bit skeptic(including me) about ubisoft showing new gameplay after what they did with ACR. They showed one of the "coolest"(not really) missions and even some secret lairs/tombs!!

well yea they showed way too much for ACR, looking back at it i knew pretty much everything about it. But i don't think the op was suggesting the actual main missions, hope to god he wasn't. I see it as if they're just showing the same running around the city killing people, like most of Assassin's creed killing guards trailer then that's cool. No more walkthroughs for me that are actually showing main missions.

medcsu
07-17-2012, 05:34 AM

This

pacmanate
07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Personally, I don't want them to show New York gameplay at all. I think they did a good job with the Boston gameplay in the sense that they showed very constricted areas. Like for one we saw a bit of an alleyway part of Boston, then a bit of the docks. They didn't show a lot but it was enough. Thats why I see no need for New York gameplay. Tbh they could show a different part of Boston and just say it was New York and no one would know any different

Captain Tomatoz
07-17-2012, 03:53 PM
There's still the battle of bunker hill gameplay, that they haven't shown to anyone outside of conventions, that will most likely be the final demo they show before release :)

tarrero
07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
There's still the battle of bunker hill gameplay, that they haven't shown to anyone outside of conventions, that will most likely be the final demo they show before release :)

Thats correct, there is also the "fight with bear" stuff.

medcsu
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Honestly there is no need for them to show anything more. I will be pleased to see some shorts or stills here and there until release but as far as I am concerned they have shown enough to make me say (as if it was even a question anyhow...) "first in line!".

Captain Tomatoz
07-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Thats correct, there is also the "fight with bear" stuff.

Oh yeah forgot about that

Subject J80
07-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I hope Ubi keeps NY under wraps. I'm very happy with all aspects of the game right now and would be prefer to be astounded when I get my hands on my copy of the game.
I like that Alex says that they want to keep a good few things for release.

playassassins1
07-17-2012, 04:19 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that... I hope they show that at Gamescom, It would be something new, since PAX east's Battle of bunker hill was Pre-alpha. So it should be looking better when its Alpha/Beta.

Captain Tomatoz
07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that... I hope they show that at Gamescom, It would be something new, since PAX east's Battle of bunker hill was Pre-alpha. So it should be looking better when its Alpha/Beta.

Yeah, they were showing it at comic con so they have probably improved it

Moultonborough
07-17-2012, 05:25 PM

I went to East and it really wasn't that much. It started than paused every time it showed a new feature. All of which they have talked about extensively. Also whether you know it or not you have seen a good bit of the demo in other trailers.

egriffin09
07-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I don't want to see a New York demo at Gamescom. The city of New York will probably look similar to Boston anyway most likely. I really don't want to see the Bunker Hill demo either. I think they should leave New York, the battles like Bunker Hill, Lexington and Concord a surprise for the release of the game in October. I really dont want to see anything more about the SP. But it's 3 months til release, so I know they will reveal some more SP information either through gameplay or interviews, which sucks for me because I don't want to know anymore about the game until I play it in October, but I know I will give in and watch any and all footage related to AC 3.

Slayer_WTF
07-17-2012, 08:37 PM
The city of New York will probably look similar to Boston anyway most likely.

I don't think so. Most likely there will be the same difference that existed between Firenze and Venezia.

BBALive
07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
The city of New York will probably look similar to Boston anyway most likely.

Doubt it. The destroyed part of New York should differentiate the two cities.

Obviously there's the different landmarks, different layout, etc.

MT4K
07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Would the film "Gangs of New York" be a good example of what New York might look like in that time? I cannot remember exactly when that film takes place :P.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Would the film "Gangs of New York" be a good example of what New York might look like in that time?Yeah, you can expect something like that, but more chaotic (the NY in Gangs is post-grid-plan NY), without almost any landmarks you could recognize and of course smaller.

BBALive
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Would the film "Gangs of New York" be a good example of what New York might look like in that time? I cannot remember exactly when that film takes place :P.

Maybe. The film was set 100 years after AC3, but I imagine it will be similar.