PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is next for the Assassin's Creed franchise after AC3 is released?

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm sure we all know by now that AC3 will be the end to the Desmond saga which is if you think about it the end of the series, but there is no chance that Ubisoft would want to put an end to the series during it's prime. So, what direction do you think Ubisoft will take with Assassin's Creed once AC3 is released?

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 10:08 PM
I have no idea. Time will tell i guess.
I'd still like to see a modern age Assassin's Creed someday though.

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 10:10 PM
China. 1300.

Preferably, an Assassin woman.

ProletariatPleb
07-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Go back to the Crusades and give the guards shields YAY!

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Perhaps some kind of character's ancestors spin-offs, like another ancestor of Clay, maybe even Daniel Cross.

Serrachio
07-15-2012, 10:27 PM
I would like to see an Oriental setting, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be Feudal Japan or some of the more commonly known Chinese dynasties.

I get that Ubisoft are wary of going in that direction, but if the focus remains around Europe and America, I'll be disappointed, truthfully. Seeing some more of Oriental culture would add some good variety to the series I feel.

I would also like to go to Victorian England and India though, and I would be open to some more obscure choices if they're portrayed well.

Kestrel_OvO
07-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm hoping for a video game adaptation of The Fall and The Chain...

godsmack_darius
07-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Maybe a story during the of early humans and TOWCB

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Maybe a story during the of early humans and TOWCB

No offense but I hate that idea. For me it has to be AD.

BBALive
07-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Another Asian setting would be nice. China, preferably.

EscoBlades
07-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Africa. You know it makes sense, haha.

Seriously, i'd love to see Africa (Sub saharan, West Africa) as a setting.

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Africa. You know it makes sense, haha.

Seriously, i'd love to see Africa (Sub saharan, West Africa) as a setting.

I'd like that too.

I would love to see the French revolution in an AC game.
It would be epic.

Vex_Assassin
07-16-2012, 12:17 AM
If Ubi decides to make another game before AC4, like Brotherhood and Revelations, we could see Connor sail for France and be part of the French Revolution. Who knows?

menacefox
07-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Assassin's Creed 4 = Central South/South America. Jungle camo.

Assassin's Creed 5 = India. Special weapon = ninja sword or samurai sword.

They can't do one with China and Japan because Europe never had influence there. The Japanese and Chinese had their own clan and dynasty issues. There was no 'Imperial' European control over those countries.

I think Vietnam may have had some French influence, that's about it.

So, India is the best 'Asian' scenario when it comes to the Assassin vs. Templar concept.

MasterSimaYi
07-16-2012, 12:29 AM
They can't do one with China and Japan because Europe never had influence there. The Japanese and Chinese had their own clan and dynasty issues. There was no 'Imperial' European control over those countries.

What does that have to do with anything? The Assassin's aren't a European order, if that's what you are implying. The earliest known Assassin, Darius, was Asian, and so was Altaďr.

menacefox
07-16-2012, 12:31 AM
What does that have to do with anything? The Assassin's aren't a European order, if that's what you are implying. The earliest known Assassin, Darius, was Asian, and so was Altaďr.
The templars are European. China/Japan never had any templars (europeans) governing them or trying to take over. So, it won't work.

MasterSimaYi
07-16-2012, 12:35 AM
The templars are European. China/Japan never had any templars (europeans) governing them or trying to take over. So, it won't work.

Yes they did. Both the Assassins and Templars are global orders in AC lore, the real life Knights Templar are European. The earliest known Asian Templars were there during the Achaenid Dynasty, when they manipulated Darius I and Xerxes I of the Persian Empire. The next were during the Qin Dynasty of China, when they influenced China's first emperor Qin Shi Huang. After that the Chinese emperors Yongle and Jiajing.

menacefox
07-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Yes they did. Both the Assassins and Templars are global orders in AC lore, the real life Knights Templar are European. The earliest known Asian Templars were there during the Achaenid Dynasty, when they manipulated Darius I and Xerxes I of the Persian Empire. The next were during the Qin Dynasty of China, when they influenced China's first emperor Qin Shi Huang. After that the Chinese emperors Yongle and Jiajing.
The AC story also has a religious meaning.
Apple of Eden, etc.
China and Japan weren't connected to the Abrahamic faiths like Europe and the Middle East were in the past. I just don't see it happening.
On the other hand, in India, there was plenty religious conflict early on.

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Hopefully a break, they should wait for the next gen consoles, assassins creed is becoming oversaturated.

I'd almost like a prequel tbh, of the person who started the assassin order.

MasterSimaYi
07-16-2012, 12:44 AM
The AC story has a religious meaning. Apple of Eden, etc. China and Japan weren't connected to the Abrahamic faiths like Europe and the Middle East were in the past. I just don't see it happening.

Religion isn't exclusive to Europe. Look here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Glyph_4-4.jpg

The Abrahamic faiths aren't what the series is about, it's about the Assassin-Templar war and the First Civilization; both are global.

menacefox
07-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Religion isn't exclusive to Europe. Look here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Glyph_4-4.jpg

The Abrahamic faiths aren't what the series is about, it's about the Assassin-Templar war and the First Civilization; both are global.
I still don't see Ubisoft entering the territory. There is enough games about Japanese Ninjas & Samurais already. The setting would be boooring.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Hopefully a break, they should wait for the next gen consoles, assassins creed is becoming oversaturated.

I'd almost like a prequel tbh, of the person who started the assassin order.

Rebooting the series on the next console generation would be good, but I don't see Ubisoft waiting that long.

menacefox
07-16-2012, 12:58 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2733/4130267476_b4f90a50f3_o.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6B8tPuW7TwQ/TOpKQtq-ZZI/AAAAAAAAS70/D-bVIdpYQaM/s1600/elcaindia.jpg

http://www.towallpaper.com/wallpapers/ancient_india_architecture-800x600.jpg

http://cms.boloji.com/articlephotos/Language%20and%20Architecture%20of%20Ancient%20Ind ia10.jpg

http://forums.cgchannel.com/uploads/gallery/14255/1313529057_b.jpg

http://aha.miraclegreat.com/uploads/8/4/7/6/8476191/4155983_orig.jpg

India would look nice in a AC game...

RatonhnhakeFan
07-16-2012, 01:01 AM
I think they will do at least 1 non-numbered main game after AC3 for the end of 2013. Even though PS4 and X720 should be already out by then, the install base will obviously be very very small, like couple million units MAX, compared to 150 million + of PS3 and X360s out there. So yeah, I can totally see them releasing at least one more main game for the current generation, probably done by the 'side' team while the main team will start working on next-gen iteration.

As for the setting of this AC3.5 - French Revolution would be a natural choice I think. But I wonder whether they would put Aveline in it (it would suit her more) or decide to stick to Ratonhnhaké:ton for second game.

YRTEP
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I think they will do at least 1 non-numbered main game after AC3 for the end of 2013. Even though PS4 and X720 should be already out by then, the install base will obviously be very very small, like couple million units MAX, compared to 150 million + of PS3 and X360s out there. So yeah, I can totally see them releasing at least one more main game for the current generation, probably done by the 'side' team while the main team will start working on next-gen iteration.

As for the setting of this AC3.5 - French Revolution would be a natural choice I think. But I wonder whether they would put Aveline in it (it would suit her more) or decide to stick to Ratonhnhaké:ton for second game.

Don't forget AC3 ends Desmond's story. So we won't be able to play Connor in "AC3.5".
In my opinion we don't need another game of the Assassin's Creed mainfranchise for the next two years. Ubisoft Montreal should make a new Prince of Persia and concentrate on a next-gen AC. ;)

I would like to see AC in India or during the French Revolution. :)

btw: there is an upcoming iOS game named "AC: Utopia" which will take place in the 16th century, at the very beginning of the colonization of America. It'll be released after AC3, so this is next for the AC franchise. :p

MasterSimaYi
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Rebooting the series on the next console generation would be good, but I don't see Ubisoft waiting that long.
What is the benefit of rebooting? That would start a completely new canon and disregard everything in the previous media. There are still so many time periods yet to be explored. If they run out of things to do, then I can understand it if they rebooted the series, but right now they have no reason to do so. A new trilogy (or well, "trilogy") on the next console would be good starring someone other than Desmond, but there is no reason for that to contradict previously established canon. That would be a horrible move, especially considering how much the universe has developed over the past five years.

Black_Widow9
07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Please post this here-
Beyond ACIII (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609)
Thanks ;)