PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Too Easy :( :)

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey all assassins! By the showing of the frontier gameplay and the Boston demo, AC3 looks really easy. Ubisoft have been showing gameplays and trailers that show the British (your enemies) dying and losing. What if the game toooo easy when we get the game. I want it to be a little challenging but not too hard and not too easy.
Agree?

Serrachio
07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Developers have stated that the game will be challenging, and that skill lies in linking kills together without being hurt often, considering the guards will do more damage.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't forget that whoever was playing the demos knew **** well what to do so it's not representative of what your experience will be. The removal of health potions should increase the difficulty considerably. Combat in AC1 was much harder and as much as I don't like regenerating health in most games, it's right for this series with this particular type of combat. So I'm excited for AC3 in this aspect!

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I copy here what I said in the other:

By placing different levels of difficulty all be content, both casual and hardcore. But no, nothing less than a part of them without thinking of people like me / us want a little 'challenge. I like how Ubisoft works, but if you fail to talk about hardcore games. Ubisoft should not underestimate this aspect of the game. Sooner or later it will break some of the players to see the same IA from 5-6 years and will stop buying the game.

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Developers have stated that the game will be challenging, and that skill lies in linking kills together without being hurt often, considering the guards will do more damage.

Words, words, words..

For now all the videos where Connor fights have shown the opposite.

EscoBlades
07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
I can safely tell you the combat isn't easy. Personal experience. I'm not crap at the game either (at least, i don't think so)

So yeah.....

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Hey all assassins! By the showing of the frontier gameplay and the Boston demo, AC3 looks really easy. Ubisoft have been showing gameplays and trailers that show the British (your enemies) dying and losing. What if the game toooo easy when we get the game. I want it to be a little challenging but not too hard and not too easy.
Agree?

Hard mode as an option! ( Now I'm not forcing anyone in my opinion ) ; )

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I can safely tell you the combat isn't easy. Personal experience. I'm not crap at the game either (at least, i don't think so)

So yeah.....

The enemy attack one at a time, by pulling the air blows. Then there is the killstreak, which makes things even easier. In what sense is "not easy"? :D

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Hard mode as an option! ( Now I'm not forcing anyone in my opinion ) ; )

Well what if ''HARD'' mode isn't that HARD

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
The enemy attack one at a time, by pulling the air blows. Then there is the killstreak, which makes things even easier. In what sense is "not easy"? :D

They attack two at a time.

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 09:00 PM
What I am trying to say is that when u are fighting an enemy, the rest are just staring at u, attacking one at a time.

EscoBlades
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM

Apart from getting used to the new controls, some enemies attack at the same time, and some archetypes are resistant to just hacking away. Plus no medecine to heal mid battle.

Fundamental difference being i've physically played it. Its different and a bit tougher than previous titles. That is all.

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Well what if ''HARD'' mode isn't that HARD

what do you mean? Well.. if hard mode isn't a challenge for you let's create ''class'' modes. EASY - NORMAL - HARD - VERY HARD . every type of player will be happy. Then even my girlfriend can ''play'' the game on easy ; )

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 09:07 PM
They attack two at a time.

No. Attack always one at a time. In a battle you can only see a double attack by the enemy: the rest are all single

EscoBlades
07-15-2012, 09:10 PM
No. Attack always one at a time. In a battle you can only see a double attack by the enemy: the rest are all singleAs I'VE said, some guards attack in twos. Even threes at one point.

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Apart from getting used to the new controls, some enemies attack at the same time, and some archetypes are resistant to just hacking away. Plus no medecine to heal mid battle.

Fundamental difference being i've physically played it. Its different and a bit tougher than previous titles. That is all.

The difficulty is certainly increased, but very little. Not enough to make a game from the normal difficulty.

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 09:12 PM
As I'VE said, some guards attack in twos. Even threes at one point.

And why do not see in the video? I do not think that Ubisoft wants to bad publicity.

EscoBlades
07-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Next time don't ask for an opinion if you plan to ignore an informed one. I've played it. You haven't. Feel free to charge into a group of soldiers when you do get it and tell me its "too easy"

*sigh*

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
No. Attack always one at a time. In a battle you can only see a double attack by the enemy: the rest are all single
You've contradicted yourself so many times with that sentence.
I've seen at least 2 times where they attack together, which proves that they at least do. You don't see a lot of them because the demo is scripted, and played by a person who has obviously done it multiple times. The enemy runs towards Connor in a single line, allowing them to be picked off easily, so it is more rare to see them attack you simultaneously. In the actual game, now this is just an assumption based on previous games, there will be groups of them so you'll most likely see more of them attacking at the same time.

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Next time don't ask for an opinion if you plan to ignore an informed one. I've played it. You haven't. Feel free to charge into a group of soldiers when you do get it and tell me its "too easy"

*sigh*
I'm not saying you're a liar I'm just saying what I could see from the video. When will the game, we'll see. :D

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 09:19 PM
You've contradicted yourself so many times with that sentence.
I've seen at least 2 times where they attack together, which proves that they at least do. You don't see a lot of them because the demo is scripted, and played by a person who has obviously done it multiple times. The enemy runs towards Connor in a single line, allowing them to be picked off easily, so it is more rare to see them attack you simultaneously. In the actual game, now this is just an assumption based on previous games, there will be groups of them so you'll most likely see more of them attacking at the same time.

Can you show the video and tell me the exact scene?

oliacr
07-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I hope it won't be easy.

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Can you show the video and tell me the exact scene?

http://youtu.be/fGcTtv1P-BA?t=2m42s
At the immediate start, it is clear those 2 soldiers are working together: one attacks, while the other grabs hold of Connor. The following scenes, show them getting streaked. However, some begin the attack animation, but Connor has moved out of grasp so they immediately stop.

http://youtu.be/fGcTtv1P-BA?t=3m8s
Same video, a bit further ahead. Here, you can see the Scot begin his slow swing as Connor attacks another enemy who also begins the attack animation but is killed. The following two enemies attack at the same time, thus stopping Connor's streak TWO times. They only die because Connor has pushed the other enemy further away, thus not allowing the other to attack.

Either way, if this isn't enough proof for you that they do attack simultaneously multiple times, or if you think that the AI is still not difficult enough, try to take Esco's words for it.

Subject J80
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
In the Comic-Con Gamespot Stage Demo, Alex said that there had been changes to the combat from the Boston demo, that they have improved the combat further in newer builds.

Twos and threes attacking at stages in the combat, I even think the combat feels fresh and looks really fluid as it stands now.

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 09:42 PM
http://youtu.be/fGcTtv1P-BA?t=2m42s
At the immediate start, it is clear those 2 soldiers are working together: one attacks, while the other grabs hold of Connor. The following scenes, show them getting streaked. However, some begin the attack animation, but Connor has moved out of grasp so they immediately stop.

http://youtu.be/fGcTtv1P-BA?t=3m8s
Same video, a bit further ahead. Here, you can see the Scot begin his slow swing as Connor attacks another enemy who also begins the attack animation but is killed. The following two enemies attack at the same time, thus stopping Connor's streak TWO times. They only die because Connor has pushed the other enemy further away, thus not allowing the other to attack.

Either way, if this isn't enough proof for you that they do attack simultaneously multiple times, or if you think that the AI is still not difficult enough, try to take Esco's words for it.

Wow, the guard takes it from behind, while others are watching.

BBALive
07-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Don't know what you've been watching, but the demos (Boston in particular) definitely show the increased enemy aggression. Enemies can attack more than once at a time, even when one person attacks, there's usually another attack coming straight after and they actively try to interrupt your counters and killstreaks, rather than standing still as you kill everybody. Not to mention the fact that we've only seen two archetypes (three if you count the Snitch).

It definitely isn't like previous games were there was like, 5 seconds between each attack.

Only time I've legitimately seen all of the guards waiting around was when you use somebody as a human shield. Speaking of that, some enemies even break off from the group to form firing lines. That's definitely an improvement.

Serrachio
07-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Well, of course the guards will attack more than one at a time.

How else will Connor perform the double counter kills? The AI of the game would have to recognize "Multiple guard attack" as a variable for the feature to be worked in.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:14 AM
1-Create a thread calling a game too easy.
2-have certain people agree with you.
3-have other certain people correct you from personal experience.
4-agreeing people try their best to defend what they said.
5-Personally experienced keeps claiming the opposite.
6-agreeing people start to ignore.
7-Personally experienced gives a stronger post.
8-agreeing person says "We`ll just see when the game comes out"

My question: "Why then ? Just why all of this ?"

Grazel69
07-16-2012, 12:19 AM
As I'VE said, some guards attack in twos. Even threes at one point.

but the thing is when they attack with two at a time you just do one of those double kill animations
of course I don't know if those double counters are considerably harder to pull off or not, but in all the videos I've seen it looks as easy as normal countering in previous games did

and sorry but I'm more trustworthy of my own eyes than someone else's "opinion" I'm putting that between quotation marks because you never know if someone's spoken opinion is actually it's real opinion or that you're just saying that to help ubisoft (i'm not saying that you're doing that, just that it's an option)

I sincerely hope you're right that it's hard but I rather doubt it

as for the no medicine anymore arguement: The only times I actually used medicine was when I jumped of a building that was too high.
and with the archetypes arguement: in previous games there were already different archetypes and it didn't make the combat any harder, just more annoying.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:25 AM
but the thing is when they attack with two at a time you just do one of those double kill animations
of course I don't know if those double counters are considerably harder to pull off or not, but in all the videos I've seen it looks as easy as normal countering in previous games did

and sorry but I'm more trustworthy of my own eyes than someone else's "opinion" I'm putting that between quotation marks because you never know if someone's spoken opinion is actually it's real opinion or that you're just saying that to help ubisoft (i'm not saying that you're doing that, just that it's an option)

I sincerely hope you're right that it's hard but I rather doubt it

as for the no medicine anymore arguement: The only times I actually used medicine was when I jumped of a building that was too high.
and with the archetypes arguement: in previous games there were already different archetypes and it didn't make the combat any harder, just more annoying.
You have a choice, believe the guy or not..

He`s an Independent gaming journalist working for an independent site. He`s a long time AC player (Hardcore). You want to believe him ? Go ahead or the opposite..

Just don't claim things about people. Its not your place to either judge or claim..

He played the game, you`d rather believe your own eyes then go ahead.

Grazel69
07-16-2012, 12:36 AM

He`s an Independent gaming journalist working for an independent site. He`s a long time AC player (Hardcore). You want to believe him ? Go ahead or the opposite..

Just don't claim things about people. Its not your place to either judge or claim..

"Just don't claim things about people. Its not your place to either judge or claim.."
I didn't claim anything I just said it was an option
if you're going to make a clever response at least do it right

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Can we play the game before we decided its too easy

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:41 AM
"Just don't claim things about people. Its not your place to either judge or claim.."
I didn't claim anything I just said it was an option
if you're going to make a clever response at least do it right
I wont bother fetching your claims for you.

and, buddy.. I suggest you do not talk about clever responses, because you`ll most likely be wrong and I`ll be there..

Grazel69
07-16-2012, 12:43 AM
I wont bother fetching your claims for you.

and, buddy.. I suggest you do not talk about clever responses, because you`ll most likely be wrong and I`ll be there..

what's that supposed to mean?

and @steveeire no because then the game will be out and then the devs definitly won't be doing anything about it because they'll be too busy rolling in their money

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:47 AM
what's that supposed to mean?

and @steveeire no because then the game will be out and then the devs definitly won't be doing anything about it because they'll be too busy rolling in their money
Another baseless claim that simply shows how you want to complain, rather than make a constructive post showing your complaint and give ways on how to make things better..

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
It is possible for the devs to add a hard mode post release.

AssassinGame1
07-16-2012, 01:20 AM

Just to let u know, I HAVE PLAYED THE GAME AT COMICON! AND IT WAS TOO EASY!
Good Day :)

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:22 AM
I wasn't referring to you:)

and stop hurting my feelings with caps-lock

I am sensitive..

Wait.. AC III was playable at Comic-con ? What ?

BBALive
07-16-2012, 05:10 AM

Yeah, nah. You're obviously lying.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Don't base the game's difficulty on a few minutes of gameplay, although I personally think it'll be quite difficult.

And I highly doubt you've played AC3.

EzioAssassin51
07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
This forum continues to boggle my mind with the idiots surrounding it...

This has been talked about in 50 different threads...

IT'S A GOD **** DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!! It has to be easy! What, do you think it should be difficult on-floor so people are raging and are unable to complete the level? By SEEING VIDEOS and PLAYING DEMOS, you guys honestly think the game's too easy?

Slayer_WTF
07-16-2012, 09:52 AM
For years we find an AI indecent. It 'obvious that I doubt many of these improvements.

Mr_Shade
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Agree?
The demo's are tweaked.

The player has unlimited ammo - takes less damage and a few other things (such as the AI being dialled down a little) - to make sure they don't die.. - the idea of the demo is to show the areas and the combat - so they tweak the game slightly in favour of the player ;)

I personally wouldn't judge the game on a unlimited ammo style presentation demo.

The final game, won't have those tweaks - and the AI fully working..

This was said at the time of E3 - so you may have missed it ;)

WolfTemplar94
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Wait, the OP claims to have played the game at Comic-Con, but makes no mention of it in his first post? I call a bluff.

TheHumanTowel
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
The demo's are tweaked.

The player has unlimited ammo - takes less damage and a few other things (such as the AI being dialled down a little) - to make sure they don't die.. - the idea of the demo is to show the areas and the combat - so they tweak the game slightly in favour of the player ;)

I personally wouldn't judge the game on a unlimited ammo style presentation demo.

The final game, won't have those tweaks - and the AI fully working..

This was said at the time of E3 - so you may have missed it ;)
I hadn't heard the AI had been dampened but that's good news. Hopefully they'll be more aggressive in the final game.

corbinmahieu
07-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Oke, I see some gamers find the Hard mode - idea too abstract ( cause the word ''hard'' is relative ), I have a better idea. !

what if players were able to adjust the ''damage'' taken by enemies in the OPTIONS MENU ( just like to are able to customize the light in AC games ). By doing this the dev team doesn't have to ''test'' the difficulty of different game modes. cause you will be able to customize the difficulty in detail. ( de damage or the health bar ( you can see it as ''lowering'' your health )

---> this will make the ''combat'' very personal and you will be able to reach new/casual gamers AND hardcore gamers.

--> How could I (we) get this idea to the developers team?
---> I'm trying to tweet UBIGABE about it … If I want something to change I should be able to reach to brains behind the game, right ?

-------> I just want them to ''think about it''. Maybe they just forgot about the ''die-hard'' gameplay or maybe there is a very logic explanation for not adding it. But I just wanted to hear the explanation from a creative mind behind the franchise.

( Does anyone has a better plan to reach the devs ? … cause I don't think they read every thread in this forum )

corbinmahieu
07-17-2012, 05:30 PM
it doesn't matter if the ''demo'' was too easy or not. I just want to be able to adjust the difficulty in de game. ---> So everybody can play on their own level. = Everybody happy

BBALive
07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Wait, the OP claims to have played the game at Comic-Con, but makes no mention of it in his first post? I call a bluff.

He's obviously lying.

BBALive
07-17-2012, 08:39 PM
You know, the game would be slightly more difficult if they just made it so that you can only perform killstreaks on regular troops.

The large Scotsmen can't be killed with direct attacks, and it doesn't look like you can counter or block their attacks, but you can kill them during a killstreak, so it pretty much removes all of the difficulty. They're huge guys, they should easily be able to block your attack.

More agile archetypes should be able to dodge your killstreaks, and archetypes that are of higher skill levels (leaders/captains, all the way up to Templar Knight/Papal Guard/Janissary) should able to counter your killstreaks. Leader or captain level enemies would only counter with a weaker attack or an attack that does no damage at all, but puts you in a disadvantageous position, whereas the Templar Knight level enemies would counter with a very damaging attack.

(Of course I've only included archetypes from the previous games since we don't know all of the new archetypes they've added).

These simple, tiny changes would easily make the game more difficult.

Adding difficulty settings (that alter the amount of damage taken and the amount of damage dealt) on top of that and I think most people would be happy.

corbinmahieu
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Is there a way to confront these idea's with the developers team? ( cause It would be really awesome if they would listen to fans on the forum )

--> PLUS Adding difficulty settings would give the game a higher ''replay'' value !

MT4K
07-17-2012, 09:09 PM
You know, the game would be slightly more difficult if they just made it so that you can only perform killstreaks on regular troops.

The large Scotsmen can't be killed with direct attacks, and it doesn't look like you can counter or block their attacks, but you can kill them during a killstreak, so it pretty much removes all of the difficulty. They're huge guys, they should easily be able to block your attack.

More agile archetypes should be able to dodge your killstreaks, and archetypes that are of higher skill levels (leaders/captains, all the way up to Templar Knight/Papal Guard/Janissary) should able to counter your killstreaks. Leader or captain level enemies would only counter with a weaker attack or an attack that does no damage at all, but puts you in a disadvantageous position, whereas the Templar Knight level enemies would counter with a very damaging attack.

(Of course I've only included archetypes from the previous games since we don't know all of the new archetypes they've added).

These simple, tiny changes would easily make the game more difficult.

Adding difficulty settings (that alter the amount of damage taken and the amount of damage dealt) on top of that and I think most people would be happy.

I think it owuld become more annoying and end up making killstreaks useless when you reach a higher tier of notoriety (considering AC3 has 3 levels of notoriety). I think the best way would be to just give different archetypes a different way you have to kill them during a killstreak. For instance one guard could be killed normall, Another guard requires a guard break first (which is part of the killstreak just with a different button) and then you can press normal attack to kill him and mov eonto the nexdt guard who requires maybe a 3rd button to kill them (maybe something that trips them or something). just different ways of mixing the combat up a little.

They could also do likle they did with the jannisaries and make them impossible to instantly kill with a killstreak. The only thing that made those really annoying imo is that it stopped your killstreak completely. It would have been awesome to be able to continue the streak even after it gets blocked the first time by the jannisary. That way you could whittle them down by chaining attacks rather than kills and still have them be tougher because they take longer to kill thus increasing the chance you will get hit from behind or something.

matheus_737
07-17-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know why this discussion exist, AC3 itseasy like all the others will not change that way, its not be hard we played all games and we never said "oow its hard" stop, this will not be challeging for many of us but it will be incredible, a real masterpiece so let's stop.
But Ubi could put difficult levels on the series no?

BBALive
07-17-2012, 10:29 PM
I think it owuld become more annoying and end up making killstreaks useless when you reach a higher tier of notoriety (considering AC3 has 3 levels of notoriety). I think the best way would be to just give different archetypes a different way you have to kill them during a killstreak. For instance one guard could be killed normall, Another guard requires a guard break first (which is part of the killstreak just with a different button) and then you can press normal attack to kill him and mov eonto the nexdt guard who requires maybe a 3rd button to kill them (maybe something that trips them or something). just different ways of mixing the combat up a little.

That's what I mean, kind of.

For example, outside of killstreaks, the Scotsmen archetype shown in the demos needs to have his guard broken before he can be killed. So if you try to kill him regularly during a killstreak, he should block it. That way you have to employ different tactics to keep your killstreak going. So for the Scotsmen you should be required to guard-break him at all times, including in the middle of a killstreak. It should still transition fluidly, so it won't slow combat down or anything like that.

However, that would only work for the Scotsmen, so you'll have to employ different tactics against different archetypes.

It adds variety, it adds some difficulty, and it fits in with the combat system.