PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Miles' Story (potential spoilers)

Deluxe19
07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi fellow assassins!
Ever since AC1 launched, approximately five years ago, I have believed that the final and third installment was going to feature Desmond himself. In other words, Desmond was going to roam a modern-day metropolis, "uppgrade-able" armor, stores, missions... you name it! Now that Alex Hutcingson (creative director AC3) announced that the ratio in wich you play Desmond respectively Connor, is about 80% - Connor 20%- Desmond. Thus it's mainly a Connor-game. That pretty much excludes my "dream-scenario". Is it likely tho that a presumable up-coming game might feature just Desmond. Do you guys think that we ever will play just as Desmond or were there initial intentions never toward the direction my thoughts goes?

Any ideas or thoughts is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
/ Deluxe19

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Desmond's story ends in ACIII.
Lol. They do not want a modern day AC.

LightRey
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
It's not. ACIII will end Desmond's story.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Honestly, how would it work anyways? another shooter?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Desmond's story ends in ACIII.
Actually, ain't they now kind of backtracking with the whole "not really totally the end of Desmond, yeah we will answer some major question but kinda leave ourselves door for more sequels too?"

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Actually, ain't they now kind of backtracking with the whole "not really totally the end of Desmond, yeah we will answer some major question but kinda leave ourselves door for more sequels too?"

If they do that I am done with the series.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-15-2012, 06:57 PM
If they do that I am done with the series.
That's the vibe I'm getting from their recent interviews. I'm honestly tired of 2012 storyline, they better end it definitely. I'm fine if Desmond appears in later games, but just finish this "end of the world" plot that's been moving HORRIBLY slowly in the last 4 games

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I cant blame them, they are milking the franchise, really. It's the only thing Ubisoft has left.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 07:01 PM
ACIII should have been mostly Desmond.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:04 PM
That would have turned off so many people..
It would be a bigger lose than win.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 07:06 PM
I disagree

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Many people play the game for the sake of the historical part, take that out, and have Desmond only, it would do much worse than the other games.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Just because it is set in the modern world doesn't mean you have to take the historical element out of it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:11 PM
....What is so historical about modern times? -___-
And what will they turn it too? third person shooter?

FL4PPYflap
07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
A Desmond-only modern day AC would've been horrible IMO. And I think I can speak for a lot of other people. But seriously, yeah, I've been getting tired of the 2012 thing. They need something fresh. I'm happy Desmond will be gone after AC3. But will there be subtitles of AC3 in the same aspect we saw ACB and ACR as subtitles of AC2?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Just because it is set in the modern world doesn't mean you have to take the historical element out of it.

But one of the very main draws of this series is the fact that you can explore carefully-recreated historical cities. Even if AC3 had Desmond in carefully recreated Paris, it would still be modern-day Paris. WIth cars, cells phones etc. Not the Paris from, say, French Revolution, the one that doesn't exist anymore. That historical Paris is the fantasy gamers want in AC series, not modern one

I don't think such game would flop, not after how successful previous ones were and the large fanbase they created, but I don't think it would be as popular as AC3 with historical cities/terrains

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
A Desmond-only modern day AC would've been horrible IMO. And I think I can speak for a lot of other people. But seriously, yeah, I've been getting tired of the 2012 thing. They need something fresh. I'm happy Desmond will be gone after AC3. But will there be subtitles of AC3 in the same aspect we saw ACB and ACR as subtitles of AC2?

Oh dear lord no....I dont want the ''Fleshing out the story'' excuse that is so obviously a way too rehash ACII.
Part of the fantasies of AC is being a historical tourist, not a modern day Assassin.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
You know they could easily set it in a modern city that is centuries old, can you imagine the historical things you could see in a city that has been around for ages, the things you could climb, the secrets you could uncover, I really do think ubisoft has dropped the ball on this one.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:21 PM
....A modern city that is centuries old? what?
What is the point? the things you could climb? debris and broken buildings?
No thanks, I like my Animus.

FL4PPYflap
07-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh dear lord no....I dont want the ''Fleshing out the story'' excuse that is so obviously a way too rehash ACII.
Part of the fantasies of AC is being a historical tourist, not a modern day Assassin.

I don't know, I didn't have a problem playing as Ezio for two more games. I like freshness, but it isn't necessary to make a new assassin and setting each year.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Then dont make a game each year :nonchalance:
By the third game, I wished Ezio would just die. Which is why I really did not feel any sadness when he died in Embers.

Serrachio
07-15-2012, 07:26 PM
I pretty much doubt there will be a modern day Assassin's Creed, considering that Watch Dogs is in the works.

It's like they initially thought to make it, but then deviated it into a new intellectual property.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Then dont make a game each year :nonchalance:
By the third game, I wished Ezio would just die. Which is why I really did not feel any sadness when he died in Embers.

tbh and don't hate me, but I hope this is the last AC for this generation, I think AC needs a break or it will be the next COD.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah. It really does. Just stop the yearly releases, release them every 2 years.

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I would just like to play as Connor

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Honestly, how would it work anyways? another shooter?

It definitely wouldn't work as a sandbox game.

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 10:10 PM
A 100% modern day AC game would really **** up the whole experience and atmosphere.
I really don't understand why there are so many "fans" that want a 100% Desmond AC game.
Modern day cities are ugly *****es with sick advertisement all over the place and huge skyscrapers, owned by fat capitalist ****s with very little weeners.
Yes they would be really nice templar targets, but the cities are just too ugly.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't know, I didn't have a problem playing as Ezio for two more games. I like freshness, but it isn't necessary to make a new assassin and setting each year.

Brotherhood was good, but Revelations was the same as Brotherhood but with a worse setting.

FirestarLuva
07-15-2012, 10:18 PM
I would just like to play as Connor

^

BobsSnipez
07-15-2012, 10:32 PM
they are only going to make three assassin's creeds and they were only ever going to make three assassin's creeds so they are probably going to make Desmond's part of the story really good so let us just wait and see what they do and maybe they will make Desmond free roam a bit.

BBALive
07-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Modern day Assassin's Creed would be awful.

You'd have to remove all of the elements from the historical portion of the game.

Melee weapons and combat? Nope, not viable in modern day. Enjoy being pumped full of 100 bullets while trying to approach a group of guys. You'd be limited to rare opportunities with hand-to-hand combat
Armour and weapon upgrades? No armour, weapons would be limited to guns. You'd be limited to cosmetic outfits and different clothing colours too.
Naval combat? Pffft.
Tree-running? Ahaha, nope.
Interesting tools like the rope dart and things like that? Nope.
Hunting? Nope
Economy? Outside of acquiring cash to purchase guns, nope. Speaking of which, where you get these guns? It'd probably have to be some black-market system or some hidden Assassin-based weapon store.
Swimming? Lack of water.
Boring architecture? If it was in America, then definitely.

It'd be a third-person shooter with free-running.

The closest you're going to get is Watch Dogs. Be happy with that.

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 12:45 AM
You are being too narrow minded, it could work very easily.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:48 AM
You are too narrow minded, it could work very easily.
I agree with him, I guess im too narrow-minded too..

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
indeed

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:51 AM
indeed
You are disrespectful and rude..

Thank you

Serrachio
07-16-2012, 02:44 AM
they are only going to make three assassin's creeds and they were only ever going to make three assassin's creeds so they are probably going to make Desmond's part of the story really good so let us just wait and see what they do and maybe they will make Desmond free roam a bit.

Who says that Assassin's Creed as a series is limited to 3 games? I don't believe so.

Desmond might have a trilogy, but it doesn't mean to say there won't be more games.

kudos17
07-16-2012, 04:11 AM
You are disrespectful and rude..

Thank you

So now people with different opinions about the possible concepts of a game are disrespectful and rude.

'Kay.

People don't want a modern-day Assassin's Creed because they don't play Assassin's Creed for the modern-day bits. But don't go saying it wouldn't work, because you WILL appear narrow-minded. It's as if you believe it is an impossible task and no amount of creativity could overcome it. I disagree, and so do others.

Would it be a melee-focused romp through historical places? Obviously not, a toddler could pin down that point. But I believe Ubisoft could make it work.

The reason they don't make a game focused on the modern setting? People don't want it. I don't want it either. But I would never shoot down the idea until I've seen it in action and judged for myself.

WolfTemplar94
07-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Has anyone seen the comments on the Watch Dogs gameplay video? People like the idea of it being similar to a modern day Assassin's Creed, so I'd say a game set in the current time period would do quite well. There'd be ways to get around the prominence of guns these days, in favour for more melee based gameplay.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 06:49 AM
So now people with different opinions about the possible concepts of a game are disrespectful and rude.

'Kay.

People don't want a modern-day Assassin's Creed because they don't play Assassin's Creed for the modern-day bits. But don't go saying it wouldn't work, because you WILL appear narrow-minded. It's as if you believe it is an impossible task and no amount of creativity could overcome it. I disagree, and so do others.

Would it be a melee-focused romp through historical places? Obviously not, a toddler could pin down that point. But I believe Ubisoft could make it work.

The reason they don't make a game focused on the modern setting? People don't want it. I don't want it either. But I would never shoot down the idea until I've seen it in action and judged for myself.
I`v never seen so much crap in my life. you have no right to call my opinion narrow-minded, and neither does he.

I dont think a modern day game would work and I dont deserve to be called narrow-minded for it. If you think its ok, then I think you know nothing about social life..

Dont judge my opinion, because I can so easily judge yours and guess what ? I can call you narrow-minded too and I`ll tell you Im right..

Serrachio
07-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I`v never seen so much crap in my life. you have no right to call my opinion narrow-minded, and neither does he.

I dont think a modern day game would work and I dont deserve to be called narrow-minded for it. If you think its ok, then I think you know nothing about social life..

Dont judge my opinion, because I can so easily judge yours and guess what ? I can call you narrow-minded too and I`ll tell you Im right..

You can have your opinion, just as much as everyone else can, but there needs to be mutual respect.

So far, seeing you shout out "narrow-minded" and the way you're behaving, you're just drawing negative light on yourself.

Fine, you don't think a modern day AC would work. It doesn't give you the right to call the views of others wrong without conclusive evidence.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
You can have your opinion, just as much as everyone else can, but there needs to be mutual respect.

So far, seeing you shout out "narrow-minded" and the way you're behaving, you're just drawing negative light on yourself.

Fine, you don't think a modern day AC would work. It doesn't give you the right to call the views of others wrong without conclusive evidence.
Mate... I'm the one being called Narrow-minded here.

Read the entire conversation before going out of your way to be the first to point fingers..

YRTEP
07-16-2012, 12:41 PM

/signed

@Assassin_M: Please respect the minds and views of others!

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
/signed

@Assassin_M: Please respect the minds and views of others!
The hell ? Im the one being disrespected here..

Read the whole conversation before you conclude that im the offender..

MT4K
07-16-2012, 12:48 PM
So you are all going to ignore the fact that BBAlive and M have both been called narrow minded? Genius guys. Just.... genius...

On topic - I agree with BBAlive and M as well. A modern setting game would really put me off. Let's see how Watch Dogs does though since it is probably the closest thing so far, and if it really seems like it could work then sure, but right now i'm not convinced even Watch Dogs will mean an AC game set in modern times would be good.

Mr_Shade
07-16-2012, 12:49 PM
lets stop the finger pointing..

back on topic..

Ubisofts position on Desmonds role in ACIII is easy to find..

YRTEP
07-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Sorry Assassin_M, I just have read the latest posts in this threat. :nonchalance:

Anyway, @all: Please respect the minds and views of others!

On topic: I agree with you three. The historical background of the franchise is one of the reasons why I am playing AC.
I wouldn't like a modern time AC (that would be like a WWII AC or something like this)!

kudos17
07-16-2012, 02:57 PM
The hell ? Im the one being disrespected here..

Read the whole conversation before you conclude that im the offender..

I was being a little disrespectful. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else; the discussion was getting heated.

Anyway, back on topic. I agree with others that a modern day AC would basically be Watch Dogs. Which, come to think of it, is probably why they made it. A new IP to craft the idea of a modern AC with co-op, and twist it into a unique idea.

Who knows, maybe it even started as a modern day AC and they decided it would be better as a new IP because it didn't fit the AC setting too well? After all, AC1 started as another Prince of Persia game.

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I stand by what I said, if you refuse to be open to new things you are being narrow minded, I am sorry if that offends you, but I can't change that.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I stand by what I said, if you refuse to be open to new things you are being narrow minded, I am sorry if that offends you, but I can't change that.
Thank you for the complement.

You have no respect from me and probably wont gain anyone else`s. You stand by insulting someone`s opinion, do you want a medal ?

MT4K
07-16-2012, 05:44 PM

You know calling somebody else narrow minded is not going to win you any friends.

Nobody said they wouldn't be open to new things either. You are just making an assumption with that part.

Being open to new things is totally different to not thinking something could work. Just because people don't think a modern setting ac game would work doesn't mean they wouldn't be open to trying the idea out. For all we know as was said above Watch Dogs may have been some kind of test for it that just changed into a new IP

Deluxe19
07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
But then what purpose does all the Desmond traing serve. Desmond has aquired numerous abilities through the bleedning effect... Why is he becoming an assassin rather than just exploring the past of his ancestors? And as far as a modern day Assassin's Creed would work, they could just improve the stelth elements, exluding firepowered combat, so that ju could take out one enemy at the time... But you guys definitely make valid points... I guess I didn't really think this through. Still think it would be awesome tho!

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Thank you for the complement.

You have no respect from me and probably wont gain anyone else`s. You stand by insulting someone`s opinion, do you want a medal ?

I never insulted your opinion, you are the one that is not open to anyone else's opinion. You just shout no it would never work, just because you don't want it, you won't even try to see how it could work, that is being narrow-minded. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/narrow-minded)

Also if your this insulted by being called narrow-minded, I hate to see how you respond to a proper insult.

also welcome to the internet.

You know calling somebody else narrow minded is not going to win you any friends.

Nobody said they wouldn't be open to new things either. You are just making an assumption with that part.

Being open to new things is totally different to not thinking something could work. Just because people don't think a modern setting ac game would work doesn't mean they wouldn't be open to trying the idea out. For all we know as was said above Watch Dogs may have been some kind of test for it that just changed into a new IP

He implies it by what he writes, he doesn't even try to see how it could work and its not because he thinks it won't work either, he just doesn't want it.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I never insulted your opinion, you are the one that is not open to anyone else's opinion. You just shout no it would never work, just because you don't want it, you won't even try to see how it could work, that is being narrow-minded. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/narrow-minded)

Also if your this insulted by being called narrow-minded, I hate to see how you respond to a proper insult.

also welcome to the internet.

He implies it by what he writes, he doesn't even try to see how it could work and its not because he thinks it won't work either, he just doesn't want it.
Oh wow, you discovered what I intended from this ?
I agree with him, I guess Im narrow minded as well Thats the only thing I said regarding my opinion on this subject, folks.

You must be so awesome, mate
Now about that Medal ? You want it ? Cuz when I grow up I want to be so awesome like you..

Anyways, I will continue derailing this thread no longer. I dont want a full-modern day AC game; I`v got GTA, Saints Row, Hitman, Mafia and soon Watch Dogs.

Any further replies from you will only decrease your chance with the Medal..

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 06:27 PM
no but your follow up posts imply your intent perfectly.

Anyways, I will continue derailing this thread no longer. I dont want a full-modern day AC game; I`v got GTA, Saints Row, Hitman, Mafia and soon Watch Dogs.

Any further replies from you will only decrease your chance with the Medal..

I love how when people know they are wrong they make grand statements like this.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 06:31 PM
no but your follow up posts imply your intent perfectly.
You mean these ?

You are disrespectful and rude.

Thank you

Yeah.... right after you called me narrow-minded after just my first post in this thread..Yeah
mate... your chances with the medal are decreasing :/

Anyways, Im done here. gave my opinion and a kid called me narrow-minded.. yeah Im out.

DinoSteve1
07-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Its the tone behind what you write that implies what you think of other peoples opinions.

and if you go back and look all I ever typed was indeed to your post, after you posted your first condescending post, nothing else and you presumed I was being insulting when all I was doing was being ironic.

indeed - (used as an interjection) an expression of surprise or skepticism or irony etc.; "Wants to marry the butler? Indeed!"irony (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/irony) - a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

from

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/indeed

YRTEP
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Again: @all: Please respect the minds and views of others!

Back to topic please!

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM
You know why i think it won't work?
Not because i'm narrow-minded but because it just wouldn't work in my opinion.
AC is all about the right eerie atmosphere.
Even when you look at a modern-day game like tomb raider with all these ancient tombs and stuff, it still doens't have the same eerie atmosphere if you know what i mean.
It would ruin the whole AC series.
I'm really looking forward to watchdogs, it's like a modern day AC but it isn't tied in with the same storyline so it's not a problem. It has it's very own atmosphere, not the AC atmosphere..
That's why it can and most likely will work.

ShaneO7K
07-16-2012, 11:33 PM
While I love the modern day storyline, AC would not really benefit from dropping the history and vice versa. The two go hand in hand, this is one of the main things that make AC unique, a full modern game would only harm AC IMO.