PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mayan Ruins

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 06:38 PM
I just now (very late probably) made the link with the Mayas and the end-of-the-world concept of the AC series. :p
What do you think we'll find in the ruins? Were the Mayas somehow connected to TWCB?
What's your thoughts on this?

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I think we will see the "real" date that shows when the solar flare may hit. Which it is obviously not on Dec. 21, 2012 which is only Abstergo's satellite launch date. And some people have been led to believe that this is when the world will end. I presume that Desmond is going to have to make a decision on saving the world or stopping the satellite launch and will be forced to relive Ratonhnhaké:ton's life to be able to get this Mayan calender so that Desmond will be able to get the real date of the Sun's attack on earth so that he can focus on the satellite.

This song seems to remind me a lot about the current story lmao XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5uXsD-aVo&feature=player_detailpage

EDIT: In AC2 the Hopi are all talking about the last time the world was set ablaze by the solar flare so on some level AC has always been telling us that the native tribes knew what has happened and what might happen. The native tribes like the Mayans probably actually know when the real solar flare date is. So it is only natural that we follow the closest Ancestor that has tribal blood that might have seen something about the Mayan calendar.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
It's probably gonna be like Vlad the Impaler's Prison in ACR. You even get a weapon for it.

thekarlone
07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Do you think this mission will come with some of the future DLCs?

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think so. The Vlad the Impaler mission was never released as DLC for Revelations either.
I could be wrong though. If it would have any important relevance to the story they might just release it later anyway.

thekarlone
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Vlad the Impaler was included in The Lost Archive DLC.

eagleforlife1
07-15-2012, 08:52 PM
You find Captain Kidd's Sawtooth Sword in the ruins.

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
I hope there will be many Mayan ruins we can visit in AC3 and the DLC is just an extra Mayan temple, if not i would be really disappointed because that would be another missed opportunity. The game is about the 2012 solar flare, so if they only put a Mayan temple in the game as DLC it would be really stupid.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I hope there will be many Mayan ruins we can visit in AC3 and the DLC is just an extra Mayan temple, if not i would be really disappointed because that would be another missed opportunity. The game is about the 2012 solar flare, so if they only put a Mayan temple in the game as DLC it would be really stupid.I'm 99.9999999% sure the DLC Temple is just a bonus Mayan temple added to the Caribbean map along the main Mayan temples/ruins that will be in the base game. They wouldn't miss the entire 'Mayan Calendar/2012 end of the world' opportunity thing.

dxsxhxcx
07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
what if we discover that this mayan ruin was one of the temples where some TWCB were doing the research to send to the grand temple and then there Connor discover where the grand temple is, go there and show Desmond what he needs to do?!

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 09:06 PM
what if we discover that this mayan ruin was one of the temples where some TWCB were doing the research to send to the grand temple and then there Connor discover where the grand temple is, go there and show Desmond what he needs to do?!

What you described is more probable if it was the last mission in the main story, and it won't be in the DLC, which not everyone will get.

dxsxhxcx
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
What you described is more probable if it was the last mission in the main story, and it won't be in the DLC, which not everyone will get.

the truth about Lucy is in a DLC, so everything is possible... :p

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Maybe there are many more mayan temples in the game ( i really, really hope so). Something like the Romulus lairs in ACB.

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
what if we discover that this mayan ruin was one of the temples where some TWCB were doing the research

That's an interesting thought. It could (partly) explain the sudden disappearance of the Mayas. (Though that might be a little far fetched..)
Nothing is true, right? :p

dxsxhxcx
07-15-2012, 10:17 PM
That's an interesting thought. It could (partly) explain the sudden disappearance of the Mayas. (Though that might be a little far fetched..)
Nothing is true, right? :p

this would be cool as well, remember that page of the Fall comic where there was a person in front of what I believe to be a mayan temple?! Maybe they'll show us more of that...

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 10:24 PM
this would be cool as well, remember that page of the Fall comic where there was a person in front of what I believe to be a mayan temple?! Maybe they'll show us more of that...

That page was freakin' awesome!

Aphex_Tim
07-16-2012, 08:31 AM
I never read The Fall.
Maybe i should now. :p

MT4K
07-16-2012, 09:29 AM
I never read The Fall.
Maybe i should now. :p

It is probably best to read it. Especially seeing as The Chain is on its way :D.