PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Story

ll77263
07-14-2012, 08:19 PM
So I got a couple of questions about the story of Assassin's Creed.

1. What is the Assassin's goal ? What are they trying to do at the moment ? Because I really don't know what are they searching ?
2. What are the Templars doing !? To me it seems like the Templars just stoped working while the Assassins are trying to achieve something I don't know xD

Thx a lot :)

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-14-2012, 08:23 PM
The Templars plan to take over the world at the end of 2012 by launching a huge attack, and the Assassins are working to stop it.

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
They are both racing to get the PoE. They both have their own vision on how peace should be achieved: Templars think control, Assassins think freedom.

ll77263
07-14-2012, 08:27 PM
But at the end of Revelations, what is the Assassin's goal ? What were they planning to do ? (I never played Revelations)
And why the Templars are doing nothing at the moment ? (if there's no answer, it's fine)

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 08:28 PM
But at the end of Revelations, what is the Assassin's goal ? What were they planning to do ? (I never played Revelations)
And why the Templars are doing nothing at the moment ? (if there's no answer, it's fine)

Do you want spoilers for Revelations?

ll77263
07-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes tell me everything because I'm not going to play it.

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes tell me everything because I'm not going to play it.

***SPOILERS***

At the end, Shaun is somewhere planning Lucy's funeral. Desmond wakes up from his coma to see his father, William, and Rebecca with him in the back of the van. As the back door opens, you catch a glimpse of an area which is assumed to be New York based on numerous amounts of information in previous games. There is a hole in New York in which the PoE is supposedly contained.
The Templars have sent someone out to assassinate William Miles, so they might know the location.

ll77263
07-14-2012, 08:36 PM
The PoE ?

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 08:36 PM
The PoE ?

Piece of Eden, like the Apple.

ll77263
07-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Thx :)
But what is the plan of the assassins with the apples ? Because the Templars only need one apple.

DinoSteve1
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM
I presume the end plot of Connor's story is to find the site of the first people's (or whatever they are called) lab, then discover the item they were gonna use to protect the earth, then in Desmond's plot he will have to find it again and turn it on.

Turul.
07-14-2012, 08:45 PM
We aren't to sure what the Assassin's plan to do, just as long as the Templar's don't get the Apples,

right now they're trying to find and somehow activate the grand temple in order to save the world

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 08:49 PM
They're getting it so the Templars don't get it, I guess. One shows the location of others, well at least the Apple does, so they might get the other ones too.

MasterSimaYi
07-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Ahem...

The Templars are planning to find a Piece of Eden to send their Eye-Abstergo satellite into orbit to keep a "watchful eye" on humanity and thus ensure peace under their rule. The Assassins are trying to get knowledge of the First Civilization to stop the incoming solar flare on December 21, 2012, which is the exact same day as Abstergo plans to launch Eye-Abstergo... The Assassins don't really seem to be doing much to stop the satellite launch though.

And err, Shaun is there with Desmond, William and Rebecca in the van... Lucy's funeral had long ended by the time Revelations ended and Shaun had already caught up with the team before they flew to New York.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I presume the end plot of Connor's story is to find the site of the first people's (or whatever they are called) lab, then discover the item they were gonna use to protect the earth, then in Desmond's plot he will have to find it again and turn it on.

Except that we already know the location of the Grand Temple, we've known it since Brotherhood DLC and the assassins arrive at the location at the end of Revelations

DinoSteve1
07-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Yes but Connor doesn't know were it is, and we still have to navigate it and find whatever deus ex machina is inside, never mind find out how to operate it.

Lonesoldier2012
07-14-2012, 10:27 PM
We aren't to sure what the Assassin's plan to do, just as long as the Templar's don't get the Apples,

right now they're trying to find and somehow activate the grand temple in order to save the world

Yeah. At this point it's a waiting game. I think at the moment they are just trying to stop the templars.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes but Connor doesn't know were it is, and we still have to navigate it and find whatever deus ex machina is inside, never mind find out how to operate it.From a storytelling POV, it wouldn't be engaging if Ratonhnhake:ton's story was about finding the location of the Temple while the players knows where it is already (because the modern-day assassins know it). Finding out how to open the Temple/activate it yes, that would work, but not searching for something we as the players have already found.