PDA

View Full Version : DAMAGE QUESTION?

BlastinFooz-619
09-13-2004, 03:35 AM
ok i was watchin some gun camera footage and i was wondering if they were goin to incorperate hydrolic damage. i saw the landing gear come down on alot of gun camera footage and i think it would look even more realistic if as your blastin away at a jap the landing gear or one of them would drop ... any ideas if this will be added??

BlastinFooz-619
09-13-2004, 03:35 AM
ok i was watchin some gun camera footage and i was wondering if they were goin to incorperate hydrolic damage. i saw the landing gear come down on alot of gun camera footage and i think it would look even more realistic if as your blastin away at a jap the landing gear or one of them would drop ... any ideas if this will be added??

lkemling
09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
That would be ever so cool to have a wheel drop as your hitting your target aircraft.

actionhank1786
09-13-2004, 04:34 PM
They drop now http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Right off the plane, you can blow them clean off. But i must admit, seeing gear drop down from wing strikes would be pretty cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Actionhank/New-Tag.jpg

Actionhank
~Aaron White

Fliger747
09-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Wheels are held in the well by mechanical locks, not hydraulic pressure! These locks are usally latched by an movement on retraction (click) and unlatched by a hydraulic cylinder in sequence with the gear extension. A gear coming down would most likely be a result of damage to the gear locking mechanism. Manual (emergency) lowering procedures usally involve manual release of the locks and gravity extension. However the F4U had a compressed air system for emergency extension (not reversable) whic unfortunatly could be confused with the similar handle for charging the fuel tanks with nitrogen before combat. This minor confusion, resulting in pemanatly lowered gear could be fatal.

Fennec_P
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Not all planes have gear locks. Some are just held in by hydraulic pressure alone.