PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Blade question

Kit572
07-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Since I first started playing Assassin's Creed, I always wondered one thing. Why is the hidden blade worn on the left arm?

My guess is because they need their right arm to hold swords. So they can use hidden blade and sword at same time.

So, am I right?

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 12:41 AM
The left arm is usually the better arm to use for these sorts of weapons..

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 12:44 AM
I think it's because they had to sacrifice the left ring finger. Maybe it means you're "married" to the Creed?

Kit572
07-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Ok, now I want to know why its the left finger xD

imonthenet
07-14-2012, 01:05 AM
I just always assumed it was because that was the arm they were most comfortable using (even though they were ambidextrous), but there may be a more practical reason behind it

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Since AC2 assassins have been wearing hidden blades on both arms. They use the left arm for stealth and the other for combat.

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Ok, now I want to know why its the left finger xD

Because that where the blade emerges from.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:54 AM
I believe it makes their pouncing on the target easier.

lilshawty741
07-14-2012, 05:11 AM
i thought it could be either hand depending on whether the assassins was right or left handed. I could be wrong though.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2012, 07:30 AM
I would say it's something like, being comfortable, for example I prefer wearing my watch on my left hand, and I feel a bit..awkward if I wear it on my right hand.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I think it is practical reasons tho. I imagine it being easier on the left hand.

MT4K
07-14-2012, 10:52 AM
I was always under the assumption that it was placed on an Assassin's weaker arm. I cannot remember what the reason was or even would be though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Weaker arm? not sure why they would put it on the weaker arm :nonchalance:

TheHumanTowel
07-14-2012, 02:21 PM
In Altair's time along with the removal of the ring finger I think it was symbolic of the Assassin's committment to the Creed. In Ezio and Connor's time I think it's just whichever is more comfortable.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Well if you put it on the non dominant arm, then you can use the dominant one for other things, holding weapons, preforming actions, etc.. which leaves the arm with the blade free in case it's needed. And having it on the weaker arm does make sense, since the original idea is that it's mainly a stabbing tool and mostly used for stealth kills and executions so you wouldn't need much strength.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Well if you put it on the non dominant arm, then you can use the dominant one for other things, holding weapons, preforming actions, etc.. which leaves the arm with the blade free in case it's needed. And having it on the weaker arm does make sense, since the original idea is that it's mainly a stabbing tool and mostly used for stealth kills and executions so you wouldn't need much strength.

But wont a stronger arm means he can hit his targets with it better?
And they are ambidextrous, so yeah.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:20 PM
But wont a stronger arm means he can hit his targets with it better?
And they are ambidextrous, so yeah.

They're ambidextrous? do you have any proof for that are are you just guessing?
It's a dagger, it's sharp, you don't need a lot of strength to put it in someones throat. However smashing through someones guard does require strength.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:23 PM
And we constantly see Altair doing that.
I believe we see our Assassin's using different weapons in different hands.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:26 PM
And we constantly see Altair doing that.
I believe we see our Assassin's using different weapons in different hands.

Connor maybe ambidextrous, but we have absolutely no reason to believe Altair or any other assassin is. Altair only ever uses his sword with his right hand, (sometimes using a two handed grip.)

And what do you mean by the first sentence?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
His AC1 Hidden Blade counters.
What hand did he hold the dagger with? I did not sleep in a long time, so my memory is not exactly up too par.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:29 PM
His AC1 Hidden Blade counters.
What hand did he hold the dagger with? I did not sleep in a long time, so my memory is not exactly up too par.

He held all weapons bar the hidden blade in his right hand.
And those counters only ever use precise stabs, and often to weak areas.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Not really, one of has him stabbing a dude in the stomach then head, one of them have him piercing the back, one of them piercing the skull.
So nope.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Not really, one of has him stabbing a dude in the stomach then head, one of them have him piercing the back, one of them piercing the skull.
So nope.

they're both precise and stabs, so, yep.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
But piercing the skull is not exactly easy, neither is the one with the double stab.
And neither is the bag. I just think it is kinda ceremonial thing.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM
But piercing the skull is not exactly easy, neither is the one with the double stab.
And neither is the bag. I just think it is kinda ceremonial thing.

I said most were to weak areas. And stabbing the skull isn't hard for altair, since he gets his exercise. (you should try it) And what's so hard about stabbing someone twice?
And what bag?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Back, not bag* Sorry.
But it still requires some strength too do, It isn't better. So I dont think it has anything to do with a weak arm. And later on, our Assassin's used them in combat, and had two.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Back, not bag* Sorry.
But it still requires some strength too do, It isn't better. So I dont think it has anything to do with a weak arm. And later on, our Assassin's used them in combat, and had two.

the back is easier if anything.
and it's not so much about being the weak arm, more to do with being the dominant arm, basically having the hidden blade in the off arm, leaves it free. for example his sword gets trapped during a fight, he can still use his hidden blade.

And the Hidden blade used by Ezio and older Altair has a different design, it's made to be more of a fighting tool, hence he can slash and block with it. and having two was just a good idea, but mainly intended for the more senior assassins only. That meant the hidden blade could now be used to do a proper attack, he still leads with the right when attacking though, because the right hand is the attacking hand.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:45 PM
It really just added a bracer, if anything. Having two was done too allow more than one Assassinations at one, and yeah, he does still lead with the right, but it is not really the case of a ''weaker arm''

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
It really just added a bracer, if anything. Having two was done too allow more than one Assassinations at one, and yeah, he does still lead with the right, but it is not really the case of a ''weaker arm''

If you've spent your life fighting mainly with your right hand, it will probably be the stronger one.
The left is only weaker because it's the non dominant arm, meaning it's used less. the hidden blade was originally on the left arm because that's the arm that was used less.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:49 PM
But does not really mean a weaker arm. Connor is ambidextrous, for example. It does not necessarily mean one arm is stronger than the other, just preference.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
But does not really mean a weaker arm. Connor is ambidextrous, for example. It does not necessarily mean one arm is stronger than the other, just preference.

Didn't you read what i just said?
It's not on the left arm because that's the weaker arm, it's there because that's his non dominant arm. it just so happens that the non dominant arm is likely to be the weaker one.

And this is mainly about Altair, connor is ambidextrous(or so we're told) he has a two handed fighting style.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
If we apply it too everybody, it applies to some not all, in Altairs case, yeah, you have a point. More practice-stronger.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2012, 04:58 PM
If we apply it too everybody, it applies to some not all, in Altairs case, yeah, you have a point. More practice-stronger.

The more you use a muscle the stronger it gets.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Which is what I said, this case being the right.