PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft why so much lying and stuff?

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 12:37 AM
As you all know about this:
--------GameSpy: So when’s the PC release date?
Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when’s the real PC release date?
Ubisoft PR: It’s October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?
Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let’s move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?
Ubisoft PR: … ---------------

New PC release date: November 23 2012, as it was delayed with AC2 and ACB, and ACR.
So lets move on...
Before the release of AC Revelations, the game was promised to have 300 diff. types of bombs, barely had 20 excluding that shell thing that can be modeled for a matter of minutes each.

So, Alex Hutchinson, which is "Creative", is not so creative when AC III was ALSO promised (if you know what its going to happen afterwards you should not be amazed) that in the next installment of the game there will not be a single combo kill that will be brought back from the previous games, now guess what? If any of you that is reading this topic right now, I've picked this random clip from AC Brotherhood to show you exact same kill animations as showed in any of the gameplay videos of AC III and a video with the respective Hutchinson doing his review side by side with the ACB video:

ACB- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQBzyuqWAF8
ACIII- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=92SSQBIQ07k

ACB video at 1:12- Ezio stabs the guy in the chin with the dagger while leaning down a bit.
ACIII video at 2:51- Connor doing the exact same animation movement (the only and tiny difference is that Ezio holds the dagger with reverse grip, Connor does it with forward grip of his weapon)

ACB video at 1:13- Ezio stabs the guy twice in a row at the enemy's chest.
ACIII video at 2:56- Connor does the same animation.

ACB- 1:15- Neck stab, grablike style.
ACIII- 2:52- Same with Connor.

So from what we saw from all the gameplay videos released by Ubi, you will be paying for something that you already can do in the previous games, about 50% of the kill animations in ACIII are brought back from ACB.
ACIII video- 2:53 "He's using two weapons at the same time" while Connor uses only one during the play, barely using it on the streaking blows and had few swing appearances in the double counters from other clips.

I will keep this topic updated with more of the ubi's bloopers as long as the ubi's staff dont try to remove it. And one more add for the PS related to the grammar nazis native to the english language- when you learn and polish secondary or even more, then you will be free to bi*ch about someone else's.

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Wow dude, you need to chill..

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Dont worry, im not beating your wife, for you to react like that xD

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Dont worry, im not beating your wife, for you to react like that xD
Oh ? I`ll let the Mods handle this then..

I thought you could be someone to reason with..

Bye

ShaneO7K
07-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Ok....

This'll just end up getting locked, so you should probably post this in the thread that's already about the PC release date.

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Are you trying to impress them or what? As a customer i have the right to speak freely about the things im not agreed with, while offencing none.

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 12:48 AM
A lot of 'famous' gaming websites are now editing their stories about AC3 getting delayed because a Ubisoft PR said Hutchinson misspoke.

obliviondoll
07-14-2012, 12:51 AM
I approve whole-heartedly of this thread, apart from ONE comment:

And one more add for the PS related to the grammar nazis native to the english language- when you learn and polish secondary or even more, then you will be free to bi*ch about someone else's.
I don't think it's fair to demand competence in a second language. Only the first. But then, most people who target someone else's spelling and grammar on the internet CAN'T spell any better than the person they're insulting, so they still deserve to be called on it.

Even with that minor disagreement, well said.

If you want an example where they lied in a GOOD way though, there was an official "there is no Co-Op in AC3" announcement in the multiplayer forums here, provided by one of the forum managers (not just a mod - the managers have contact with devs). Look how that turned out.

rileypoole1234
07-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Are you trying to impress them or what? As a customer i have the right to speak freely about the things im not agreed with, while offencing none.

Yeah, but you need to calm down. Nobody else is getting as nit picky or as angry as you are. You are getting angry, you can't deny that even though you probably will.

playassassins1
07-14-2012, 12:52 AM
No..... They said that some animations would be coming back, they didn't want to abandon the previous AC's.

And, you can't really only blame Ubi. Almost every developer delays the PC version. Its not a Ubi thing

And you say that 50% of the animations will be returning!! wtf! You only saw the tomahawk! You
can't say 50%.......... Thats just falsely saying random stuff..... There will be lots of more weapons, and we only.saw the Tomahawk.....

I don't know what your deal is... But seriously? You're basically saying that the Tomahawk is 50% of the combat animations.....
So you're wrong man....

About the dual wielding. His dagger/hidden blade is basically making it easier for him to counter and attack. Obviously he uses his primary weapon more than his secondary...
And he did use his dagger. Are you blind or something?

Sorry for using allot of dots, I always do that when I'm replying to a thread I don't agree with...

Lass4r
07-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Assassin_M, this is a completely legitimate thread raising completely legitimate points. Why would it be locked and why should he need to chill?

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Alright then, allow me to voice my opinion on your attitude while obviously offending no one.

Your last comment in the OP was rude and your reply to me was rude. Also you did not see every Animation to boldly claim that 50% of it rehashed, sure you can claim that they said "No carry overs" but that by no means lets you say 50% unless you`v somehow played the game and have seen every animation..

Yeah, and chill out..

Assassin_M, this is a completely legitimate thread raising completely legitimate points. Why would it be locked and why should he need to chill?
Look at his last comment in the OP and it`ll be locked because there is more like it..

ShaneO7K
07-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Why would I try to impress them?

All I said was post it on the thread already covering this. Because this thread will most likely get locked just for the fact that there have been multiple threads about this topic when there only needs to be one. This thread really would not have been needed if you had just looked at the existing thread, at least posting on that one should get you a proper response and while you have the right to speak freely, that does not give you the right to speak like that towards people no one will take you seriously.

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 12:55 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed

Wasnt hard to check some random "famous" reviewer before posting, also are you really so naive to think that they wont do that, like they didnt with the previous 3 games (i exclude the first AC, cause at first it was planned to be only on consoles, kind of a lie to prolong a bit)

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Why would I try to impress them?

All I said was post it on the thread already covering this. Because this thread will most likely get locked just for the fact that there have been multiple threads about this topic when there only needs to be one. This thread really would not have been needed if you had just looked at the existing thread, at least posting on that one should get you a proper response and while you have the right to speak freely, that does not give you the right to speak like that towards people no one will take you seriously.

That post wasnt for you.

playassassins1
07-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Also you did not see every Animation to boldly claim that 50% of it rehashed, sure you can claim that they said "No carry overs" but that by no means lets you say 50% unless you`v somehow played the game and have seen every animation..

This...... *facepalm at Connor_bg* You can't falsely assume that every almost every animation is back...... So, you better think before you make a thread like this, buddy.

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed

Wasnt hard to check some random "famous" reviewer before posting, also are you really so naive to think that they wont do that, like they didnt with the previous 3 games (i exclude the first AC, cause at first it was planned to be only on consoles, kind of a lie to prolong a bit)

Check GameSpy, Joystick, and Polygon. I'm not saying they're not gonna change the date for the PC release at the last second, where are you pulling 'naive' from? I posted it because in the OP you said it was pushed back, when new information had come out.

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:00 AM
I said 50% of the shown so far from gameplays, read a bit, K?

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 01:01 AM
I said 50% of the shown so far from gameplays, read a bit, K?
Arrogant a bit ?

about 50% of the kill animations in ACIII are brought back from ACB.
No comment

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Arrogant a bit ?

No comment[/COLOR]

So from what we saw from all the gameplay videos
Nice for you to skip the start of the sentence...

EDIT: Just, dude, you cried all over the place, how can the letter "K" offend someone, you are spoiled in egypt or what?

ShaneO7K
07-14-2012, 01:04 AM

Adding the start of the sentence really wouldn't have changed anything..

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Which is even worse..

It means that you based your assumption that 50% will be carried over just from what we saw..

Layytez
07-14-2012, 01:06 AM
So much hostility nowa days....if your know the tone of your reply will cause some...why say it.

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Which is even worse..

It means that you based your assumption that 50% will be carried over just from what we saw..

Is it hard to came up with that? I mean the gameplays ?

playassassins1
07-14-2012, 01:07 AM
dude, you can't argue about that. If you based it on the gameplay so far, why are you mad? I mean, it isn't everything. This was probably just 5% of the game........

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Is it hard to came up with that?
For you to come up with the assumption that it`ll have 50% of old animations solely based on 2 Gameplays ?

again, No comment

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 01:09 AM
dude, you can't argue about that. If you based it on the gameplay so far, why are you mad? I mean, it isn't everything. This was probably just 5% of the game........

I don't agree with connor's 50%, but 5% is way too low. It is clear they had brought some animations back, but don't expect the animation from the video to be around 25% of all the animations in AC3.

Lass4r
07-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Which is even worse..

The point was that you twisted his words and made it sound like something it wasn't. Can you stop attacking EVERYONE who's critical of Ubisoft please.

And I've noticed you are exceptionally good at devaluing an entire argument by focusing on tiny details, in this case the fact that he may have excaggerated the percent of recycled animations.

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:10 AM
For you to come up with the assumption that it`ll have 50% of old animations solely based on 2 Gameplays ?

again, No comment

Allow me to apologize for not adding- ...so far, at the end.

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
The point was that you twisted his words and made it sound like something it wasn't. Can you stop attacking EVERYONE who's critical of Ubisoft please.

And I've noticed you are exceptionally good at devaluing an entire argument by focusing on tiny details, in this case the fact that he may have excaggerated the percent of recycled animations.
Dude, look at his posts and then look at mine.

He`s the one attacking not me and everyone agrees with me, I guess everyone twists words..

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:12 AM
He`s the one attacking not me and everyone agrees with me, I guess everyone twists words..

Do you need a napkin? You are like the most emotional forum member i have ever met.

ShaneO7K
07-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Do you need a napkin?

Acting like an idiot really isn't helping.

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Do you need a napkin?
*sigh*

Word of advice, try changing your attitude, wont get you anywhere in life..

Oh and Thank you for the very friendly and polite replies, what is the world coming to ? I'm done here

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Acting like an idiot really isn't helping.

Then stop talking.

playassassins1
07-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Do you need a napkin? You are like the most emotional forum member i have ever met.

Ok, This isn't even arguing anymore, its just trolling....

Then stop talking.

He needs to stop talking? Excuse me, but with that attitude you need to stop talking....

Lass4r
07-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Yea you really aren't going about this in the right way Connor. Though I agree with many of your points, you're being kind of a ******.

notafanboy
07-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Do you need a napkin?
if M isnīt having it, i can take it... spilled my juice... goddangit

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Yea he ran away, and it was the last one you can have it. :)

ShaneO7K
07-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Yea he ran away, and it was the last one you can have it. :)

You are happy with "winning" an argument on the internet, good to know your life is going places.

thekarlone
07-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Troll.

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:23 AM
You are happy with "winning" an argument on the internet, good to know your life is going places.

EscoBlades
07-14-2012, 01:25 AM
*adds to ignore list*

*leaves thread*

PROFIT

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:26 AM
*adds to ignore list*

*leaves thread*

PROFIT
yea, didnt knew about that, i should try it right away, thanks :P

notafanboy
07-14-2012, 01:33 AM
you know about that napkin ? it was used... there is something weird on it

connor_bg
07-14-2012, 01:35 AM
you know about that napkin ? it was used... there is something weird on it
Sorry about that, i forgot to rip that part off (shy)

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Those liers!

BBALive
07-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Straw man arguments all over this thread.

For the record, Ubisoft have said that the PC version is on track to be released alongside the console versions.

The developers also said that they'd be keeping animations that they either liked or thought were iconic.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 03:06 AM
....Ever heard of place holders? those animations may be place holders.

FL4PPYflap
07-14-2012, 03:14 AM

EDIT: Just, dude, you cried all over the place, how can the letter "K" offend someone, you are spoiled in egypt or what?

? Another example of how you can't bring up an opposing argument. Wow, "you cried all over the place"? What kind of childish insult is that. Like somebody said before, no one will take you seriously if you can't bring up valid points and just start insulting people personally because of it. And that thing about him in Egypt, that was just...******ed.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 03:15 AM
The ban hammer is about to strike....
And what does Egypt have to do with the argument? Egypt is a great country. They are going through alot these days, sure as bloody hell they are not spoiled there.
And Assassin_M is trying to communicate with you in a civil manner, you just keep throwing insults, you are in your little shell, unable to see through.
M always presents good arguments, he is not really emotional, you are just frustrating to try and talk too.

FL4PPYflap
07-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Do you need a napkin?

A napkin? If anyone should be crying, it's you. More than 90% of posters on this thread INCLUDING ME are agreeing with M. No one is impressed by your big-boy insults.

[QUOTE=You are like the most emotional forum member i have ever met.[/QUOTE]

You haven't met a lot of forum members, have you?

Black_Widow9
07-14-2012, 03:31 AM
I am closing this Topic because of the Trolling nature and swift downward spiral.