PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Ubisoft Encouraging PeopleTo Play Like Noobs?

OnlineSettings
07-14-2012, 12:35 AM
You encourage people to play like randoms. You let 10 year olds from CoD come in and whip on the hidden gun, because god knows they're like "OMG THERE'S A GUN? IT'S LIKE CoD!!!", and award them by giving them more than 100 points... I don't understand... maybe I'm missing something, but im almost possitive the hidden gun requires no skill.. at all... Speaking of no skill, lets move on to my next complaint about the game. Chase kills. Once again, CoD players running around aimlessly are awarded with more than 150 points. Not to mention the fact that if theyre running it inceases their odds of going through mutes drastically. I was in a game the other day, Manhunt on brotherhood. 13 kills, for 3000 points at the end of the game, this little CoD player had. Probably felt pretty good about himself. I honestly dont know of a way to fix this problem, but I dont believe that it's my job to tell you how to do your job, Ubisoft.

I thought about something the other day... Why not make it to where you can mute mid stun animation? I understand why you cant smoke mid animation, because your personal must actually throw down the ability. But mute? Why not? It would require skill in the timing and execution of the mute and perhaps it would help the whole "Oh, that guy's in a stun animation? Let's get points I dont deserve by poisoning him!"

I love the AC series, it's just the little problems you all need to fix. Good luck, Please dont screw up AC3 like you did Rev.
<3 Online Settings

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Dude, relax..

This is the single player portion of the forums..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:58 AM
A: Single player forum.
B: They get 100 points. It is not worth it.

DreadxHawk
07-14-2012, 04:27 AM
You encourage people to play like randoms. You let 10 year olds from CoD come in and whip on the hidden gun, because god knows they're like "OMG THERE'S A GUN? IT'S LIKE CoD!!!", and award them by giving them more than 100 points... I don't understand... maybe I'm missing something, but im almost possitive the hidden gun requires no skill.. at all... Speaking of no skill, lets move on to my next complaint about the game. Chase kills. Once again, CoD players running around aimlessly are awarded with more than 150 points. Not to mention the fact that if theyre running it inceases their odds of going through mutes drastically. I was in a game the other day, Manhunt on brotherhood. 13 kills, for 3000 points at the end of the game, this little CoD player had. Probably felt pretty good about himself. I honestly dont know of a way to fix this problem, but I dont believe that it's my job to tell you how to do your job, Ubisoft.

I thought about something the other day... Why not make it to where you can mute mid stun animation? I understand why you cant smoke mid animation, because your personal must actually throw down the ability. But mute? Why not? It would require skill in the timing and execution of the mute and perhaps it would help the whole "Oh, that guy's in a stun animation? Let's get points I dont deserve by poisoning him!"

I love the AC series, it's just the little problems you all need to fix. Good luck, Please dont screw up AC3 like you did Rev.
<3 Online Settings

I hate the hidden gun as much as the next guy, but you need to chill bro. These kind of cheap kills hardly give any points at all, and chasing is required when your target runs. And last of all, mute doesnt take skill, like at all. Oh i see my target coming, lets just make sure im invincible for a few seconds and hit him

WolfTemplar94
07-14-2012, 09:57 AM
I hate how "COD Player" has become an insult on the internet. Shutup.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 09:59 AM
I hate how "COD Player" has become an insult on the internet. Shutup.

Lol. Cant agree more. What the hell does the hidden gun have to do with CoD?

WolfTemplar94
07-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Lol. Cant agree more. What the hell does the hidden gun have to do with CoD?

Apparently COD invented guns in video games >.>

blazefp
07-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I hate the hidden gun as much as the next guy, but you need to chill bro. These kind of cheap kills hardly give any points at all, and chasing is required when your target runs. And last of all, mute doesnt take skill, like at all. Oh i see my target coming, lets just make sure im invincible for a few seconds and hit him

However running around like jerks not only makes it harder for you to get a clean kill but also kills your target for 100 points. It's really frustrating and also happens with the hidden gun, I agree with the OP on this one.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 10:13 AM
People, the hidden gun is 100 points and requires time too aim, if you saw somebody aiming at you, run before he gets a clean shot. It is that easy.

notafanboy
07-14-2012, 01:45 PM
never had a problem with it, mainly because they donīt know where or who i am, which means they have to get close to find out. Try it.

Serrachio
07-14-2012, 02:09 PM
The Hidden Gun in ACR was actually buffed, because they made it more likely to hit, along with an Execution bonus that makes it impossible for a target to try and evade their pursuer using the Gun, in case they give them more points than what they deserve.

Not to mention that Animus Hack as a loss streak was pointless, because it's basically a Hidden Gun with no negatives (when you compare the two).

I'd much prefer it if they rewarded Silent Kill Streaks a whole lot better than regular Kill Streaks, and only gave a standard 100 points for a chase kill, no matter if it was Acrobatic, Grab, Hidden or whatever.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:11 PM
You dont get much for a chase kill. And there are counters.
You wont complain about the gun if your blending skills are up to par.

Serrachio
07-14-2012, 02:37 PM
You dont get much for a chase kill. And there are counters.
You wont complain about the gun if your blending skills are up to par.

Having to blend for the fear that my pursuer has a Hidden Gun will restrict the amount of points that I could potentially earn, and besides, hiding around for a whole session is boring.
Getting to my target and hiding near them is more efficient.

Also, given that Streak bonuses apply to Varieties, and that the 7 regular Kill Streak is 550 points (made easy to earn once per session with Kill Buffer), there is the ability to score 1250 points on a chase or Gun kill.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
But those happen rarely. Most of the time I get killed by chase or a gun, my opponent gets a meager 100 or 150. Because this is not a efficient way.
One of the core pillars of multiplayer is social stealth. If you find it boring, that kinda means the entire multi is boring.

Slayer_WTF
07-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Something called market..

Serrachio
07-14-2012, 02:58 PM
But those happen rarely. Most of the time I get killed by chase or a gun, my opponent gets a meager 100 or 150. Because this is not a efficient way.
One of the core pillars of multiplayer is social stealth. If you find it boring, that kinda means the entire multi is boring.

I'm not saying that social stealth is boring. Being rooted to the spot in a blend group in the corner of the map for the majority of the session is boring, except in modes like Corruption, where you're encouraged to survive.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Also, hidden gun is a rarity. I honestly dont run into many hidden guns.
There are easy counters too it, first one being....
Dont get detected. You can still make your way too your target while being stealthy.

Serrachio
07-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Also, hidden gun is a rarity. I honestly dont run into many hidden guns.
There are easy counters too it, first one being....
Dont get detected. You can still make your way too your target while being stealthy.

Wandering around in a blend group while your target sprints here, there and everywhere is a waste of time, since you could kill them quickly and move on. You won't score very much in Wanted if you don't move around, and confining yourself to a blend group to stop you getting shot isn't very useful when it comes to trying to score, and by extension, win.

It's the player's choice to use the Hidden Gun, even if it is ineffective, but that doesn't mean it needs to be buffed, because then it leads to more frustration in players who get shot.

Besides, by that same logic, if blending in for prolonged amounts of time is the best way to be stealthy and earn points, there shouldn't be the desire to use the Gun at all. Since it is used though, and since moving around and being stealthy near to your target is the best option when it comes to scoring, people will choose that over turtling in a blend spot.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I never said you should turtle in a blend spot, but you can still make your way too the target while being stealthy, and the use of the hidden gun is at long range, so if he tries too aim at you, you can really just go into the a barrier, or just get out of his sight and he will lose his aim.
And really, it takes time too aim, If you are like me and check your surroundings, you will see him pointing his hand.

Serrachio
07-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I never said you should turtle in a blend spot, but you can still make your way too the target while being stealthy, and the use of the hidden gun is at long range, so if he tries too aim at you, you can really just go into the a barrier, or just get out of his sight and he will lose his aim.
And really, it takes time too aim, If you are like me and check your surroundings, you will see him pointing his hand.

Right... because you can realistically walk out of their range? Nah, they'll shoot you before you do.
Try to run? They'll get an extra 100 points.
Don't try to tell me how to play the multiplayer Hasoon. I've been active on it since Brotherhood. I know what I'm talking about.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I have been active on it since BH aswell. :nonchalance:
My point is the gun is not really a hassle, can easily be countered. Same with chases, just smoke him or mute, then stun.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-14-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/ibtl00183f.jpg

MT4K
07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/ibtl00183f.jpg

Please do not start that crap off again :-/ I beg you for all that is good in this world!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM
It has been a long time since I made one...
Tho he has a point, is this not multiplayer related?

freddie_1897
07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I can't believe I'm actually checking the weather in Kuwait to see how long until we're free of hasoon

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Not any time soon, my friend. Weather is like this the entire summer.

MT4K
07-14-2012, 04:45 PM
I can't believe I'm actually checking the weather in Kuwait to see how long until we're free of hasoon

Sorry but this was just hilarious lol. Thanks for the laugh :).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Sorry mate, aint happening for a while.

MT4K
07-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Sorry mate, aint happening for a while.

This post wasn't needed. You practically said that right above mine.... but whatever.

Black_Widow9
07-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Please take a moment to read over the Forum Rules where you will find you need to post constructively. If you have ideas for AC3 Multiplayer please post them in the Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Discussion Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/136). There are a few already created Topics including this one-http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662385

Creating Duplicate Topics is against the Forum Rules as well.