PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con- Alex Hutchinson

im3jia
07-13-2012, 02:25 AM
SAN DIEGO — The next installment of “Assassin’s Creed” may take a trip further back in time.

The upcoming “Assassin’s Creed III” trades the stealthy historical series’ previous settings of the Crusades and the Renaissance for the American Revolution, but there’s no guarantee future installments will be set after Independence Day.

“I don’t think we’ll necessarily always go forward, or we’re dooming ourselves to run out of history,” the game’s creative director, Alex Hutchinson, told fans at a Comic-Con panel Thursday.

During the presentation, developers from Ubisoft Entertainment demonstrated some time-bending “Assassin’s Creed III” gameplay set in an early rendition of Boston. The scenes featured Native American protagonist Connor ascending brick buildings, slipping past redcoats and bashing Scottish brawlers.

Hutchinson told the crowd — many of whom were dressed as hooded protagonists Altair and Ezio — that the developers originally planned for players to be able to scalp enemies as half-Mohawk, half-English assassin Connor, but that feature was later removed.

“When we dug into it deeper, we found it really horrifying,” Hutchinson said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/creative-director-says-future-editions-of-assassins-creed-may-not-leap-ahead-in-time/2012/07/12/gJQAdvjYgW_story.html

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:27 AM
We all knew they wont go to a shooter. Which means going back, and oh, I believe the Mohawk did not scalp.

im3jia
07-13-2012, 03:09 AM
We all knew they wont go to a shooter. Which means going back, and oh, I believe the Mohawk did not scalp.

In your opinion, could a modern day AC work? In the first episode of the Respawn Creed Team Podcast, I think it was SICKTEENY that mentioned how the co-op (which we now know was a Xbox mistake) could be in modern times, like your MP character and Daniel doing missions together.

Then the other day, I remembered this commercial. To me, this what a modern AC would be like (mostly because it is modern, hehehe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocjHbWIKLZM

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:11 AM
I honestly dont think so. One of the things that appeal to me in AC is the historical places and figures, seeing how they make Templars vs Assassin's fit into history, and also in modern times, they cant avoid making it a shooter.

im3jia
07-13-2012, 03:18 AM
Yeah I agree now. If its inmodern time, the future hasn't happened yet, so they will have to make the rest up right?

I also like the historical places and figures. I never heard any of those figures, besides Da Vinci and King Richard I, prior to playing the games

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:20 AM
You know the game series is awesome when you study for a history test using the games :p
There is still plenty of places too go, me personally wanting Victorian England, there are many locations, time periods that they could fit into the games.

menacefox
07-13-2012, 03:29 AM
You know the game series is awesome when you study for a history test using the games :p
There is still plenty of places too go, me personally wanting Victorian England, there are many locations, time periods that they could fit into the games.
Latin America could be the next setting. The time when Hernan Cortes (and the Spanish) fought the Aztecs.
The Mayan Ruins DLC = hint?
This is a subject that many developers have not yet covered. If anyone can make it good, it's probably Ubisoft.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Hernan Cortes is already covered in the game universe, so not really sure about that :nonchalance:

menacefox
07-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Hernan Cortes is already covered in the game universe, so not really sure about that :nonchalance:
Well, the Mayan Ruins DLC doesn't make much sense when the game is mainly during the American Revolution.
You know, the Mayan Empire existed before the Aztecs.
So, if Ubisoft is putting the Mayan Ruins in AC3, the next setting could hint to being Mexico/Latin America. Natives fighting the European invaders.
There is a lot of British and French influence in Latin America. Basically, European.
The setting makes sense. Ubisoft has a huge fanbase in countries like Brazil.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:39 AM
The Mayan Ruins may have something to do with the whole 2012 the world is ending thing, just a guess.