AssassinGame1
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Agree?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah.

kudos17
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM
I dunno, Watch Dogs was preeeettty cooool....

As far as sequels, though? Yeah, most definitely.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Yes. I don't get why some magazines picked The Last of Us over it.

ShaneO7K
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM

To be fair, The Last of Us does look great.

Watch Dogs is probably my favourite at E3, was totally unexpected and kind of reminded me of Person Of Interest.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I think it is a spin on Person of Interest.

Subject J80
07-12-2012, 12:53 AM
AC3, Watch Dogs. Last of Us, Dead Space 3 and Dishonored. In that order for me.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-12-2012, 12:54 AM
To be fair, The Last of Us does look great.
The LOOKS great, but the gameplay seems as scripted and limited as in Uncharted games

Timeaus
07-12-2012, 12:55 AM
AC3 definitely have the most impressive showcase at E3, 3 single player demos and 1 multilayer.

SixKeys
Watch Dogs was the bigger surprise for me. I'll withhold judgment on AC3 until the game comes out.

HaSoOoN-MHD
It does look heavily scripted, but I guess it floats the boat of some.

MetalCreed
07-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Watch Dogs stole the show. AC3 may have sealed its spot for GOTY 2012, but if Watch Dogs comes out for 2013, it's GOTY. The Last of Us was amazing too.

ShaneO7K
07-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I think it is a spin on Person of Interest.

I doubt it, you could also say it is a spin on Eagle Eye. Having a game about hackers in general is a great way to connect with most of the internet/gamers with all the major hacking that has happened over the last few years.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:58 AM
But it really does look and remind me of it.

ShaneO7K
07-12-2012, 01:00 AM
But it really does look and remind me of it.
Yeah, same.

kudos17
07-12-2012, 01:11 AM
The LOOKS great, but the gameplay seems as scripted and limited as in Uncharted games

See, that's the thing though, I don't believe it is.

I mean, sure, it has cinematic and linear bits a-plenty, but the enemy AI (and your companion, the girl) is pretty diverse and realistic, I've heard. The way the demo went down will not be how it goes down if someone else were to play it (unless they specifically tried to play it that way).

It's a game I'm at least interested in. Naughty Dog's always impressed me in making their games feel very strong and engaging, if extremely linear and scripted in some cases.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm happy to see AC3 is branching outwards. Quest logs, open areas like the Frontier, naval warfare, hunting stuff... Definitely non-linear. Hope the missions are the same way. The missions in AC:R were the biggest offenders of more cinematic moments and less play-it-like-you-want. :nonchalance:

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-12-2012, 01:12 AM
AC3, Dishonored, Watch Dogs, Black Ops 2.

My 4 most anticipated games.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:15 AM
See, that's the thing though, I don't believe it is.

I mean, sure, it has cinematic and linear bits a-plenty, but the enemy AI (and your companion, the girl) is pretty diverse and realistic, I've heard. The way the demo went down will not be how it goes down if someone else were to play it (unless they specifically tried to play it that way).

It's a game I'm at least interested in. Naughty Dog's always impressed me in making their games feel very strong and engaging, if extremely linear and scripted in some cases.
fare, hunting stuff... Definitely non-linear. Hope the missions are the same way. The missions in AC:R were the biggest offenders of more cinematic moments and less play-it-like-you-want. :nonchalance:

Cinematic Moments with loading screens -___-

Will_Lucky
07-12-2012, 01:32 AM
It was a poor show, there was no competition. AC3 just rolled all over it.

WolfTemplar94
07-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Watch Dogs was good, but I feel like it might get old after a while. The Last Of Us looks good but overrated. AC3 definitely seems to be the best sequel.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Watch Dogs seems ALOT, I mean ALOT like Deus Ex

Gregolian
07-12-2012, 02:04 AM
I dunno, Watch Dogs was preeeettty cooool....

As far as sequels, though? Yeah, most definitely.

I think Last of Us, ACIII, and Watch_Dogs stole the show this year.

MOH wasn't too bad looking either but it's just another shooter.

Ummmmm.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs
Because it looks incredible?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 02:07 AM
If you read what he said, it looks incredibly scripted and linear.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 = Game of 2012. (for me)

In 2013, there will be a lot of competition though.

GTA 5 (open world, endless fun)
The Last of Us (I don't see a PS3 exclusive game winning GOTY again)
Watch Dogs (open world, endless fun)
ZombiU (Depends if it comes to other platforms, nice concepts with it)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Quite honestly I never understood the hype behind GTA5.
I mean yeah, the others were great games, but people are overhyping themselves so much it might end dis-appointing.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Quite honestly I never understood the hype behind GTA5.
I mean yeah, the others were great games, but people are overhyping themselves so much it might end dis-appointing.
You know that Rockstar is like the best when it comes to open world (sandbox) games?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas = Game of the Year
Red Dead Redemption = Game of the Year

So, you can't count out Rockstar. That's lesson #1 for any gamer out there. Ubisoft is catching up to Rockstar, but Rockstar games have more exciting multiplayers. The AC multiplayers in the previous games were boring.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
That is entirely subjective, I loved the multiplayer of AC and I am level 50 in Rev and BH.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
That is entirely subjective, I loved the multiplayer of AC and I am level 50 in Rev and BH.
How is it subjective?
Did AC:BH or AC:REV win Game of the Year awards?
Nope! Majority wasn't satisfied.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:31 AM
If the multi was good or bad is entirely subjective, all the reviews praised the multiplayer and many liked it.
And let us be honest here, are the VGA's really credible?
I mean yes, Rockstar make GREAT games, but sometimes, you must tone down the hype not too get dis-appointed.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
If the multi was good or bad is entirely subjective, all the reviews praised the multiplayer and many liked it.
And let us be honest here, are the VGA's really credible?
I mean yes, Rockstar make GREAT games, but sometimes, you must tone down the hype not too get dis-appointed.
GTA SA was released in 2004.
GTA 4 was released in 2008.
GTA 5 will be released in 2013.

Do you know that Ubisoft took Rockstar's frontier hunting concept for AC3 from Red Dead Redemption?
(This just shows how amazing Rockstar is when it comes to open world games.)

4 years is plenty of time to develop a good game. Rockstar won't fail.

Timeaus
07-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Honestly although I think GTA 4 was a great game, but I was disappointed in it because San Andreas was so good and I was really hype for GTA 4 so I ended up being disappoint in it overall (because it wasn't as good as I expected). But RDR was great I loved it so Rockstar redeem themselves there. Hopefully GTA 5 will be great :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Honestly although I think GTA 4 was a great game, but I was disappointed in it because San Andreas was so good and I was really hype for GTA 4 so I ended up being disappoint in it overall (because it wasn't as good as I expected). But RDR was great I loved it so Rockstar redeem themselves there. Hopefully GTA 5 will be great :)
See, exactly. Some people need to curve their expectations a bit so they dont get dis-appointed.

Timeaus
07-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Yes, I was expecting too much of GTA 4 because I loved San Andreas a lot, but I did enjoy GTA 4 bought both of the expansion packs, which was great. So I won't repeat the same mistakes again of hyping up a game too much

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:50 AM
I still dont get what he meant ''By it did not get GotY so the multiplayer is boring!'' not only is it entirely subjective but the VGA's really are not a credible source.
''Best game powered by Mountain Dew'' having King Kong the game as a nominee back in 2008 only 2 DAYS after release, and games like 50 cent.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM
See, exactly. Some people need to curve their expectations a bit so they dont get dis-appointed.
See what? LOL, you are just a Rockstar hater.
Yeah, GTA 4 wasn't as good as San Andreas but it still won a couple of awards because despite the flaws - it still was amazing enough to dominate the competition.
Like I have said, GTA = best open world game series.

Helforsite
07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
The Hunting in AC3 isnt necessarily copied from RDR just because it came out before(I mean could be but it was stated they had the idea short before the release of RDR).

So my opinion to GTA? I liked GTA 2 a lot and is still a game I play every week, but the games afterwards couldn't catch up to GTA 2 for me because they were just to different and I didnt liked them at all.

AC:B Multiplayer won quite a lot awards 2010 for Best Multiplayer of the Year, so I dont think it is so bad.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
The Hunting in AC3 isnt necessarily copied from RDR just because it came out before(I mean could be but it was stated they had the idea short before the release of RDR).

So my opinion to GTA? I liked GTA 2 a lot and is still a game I play every week, but the games afterwards couldn't catch up to GTA 2 for me because they were just to different and I didnt liked them at all.

AC:B Multiplayer won quite a lot awards 2010 for Best Multiplayer of the Year, so I dont think it is so bad.
Yeah, but I am not comparing Assassin's Creed III to Grand Theft Auto.

I said that Assassin's Creed III will be the best game of 2012 for me.

But in 2013, GTA 5 will go against Watch Dogs and The Last of Us, and yes, GTA will be the most popular game to win best of 2013. Rockstar hasn't released a very terrible game in a long time.

That' what we are arguing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:14 AM

They are different. Not only was the idea thought of before the release of RDR, but the idea of the quality of the kill determines the value is not in RDR.

I liked RDR, and I liked San Andress, why would I be a Rockstar hater?
It just seems you are a Rockstar fanboy. The hype that has been going on the game is extremely high, maybe a bit TOO high, honestly? what determines how good a game is how much pre-release hype it got.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 10:23 AM
They are different. Not only was the idea thought of before the release of RDR, but the idea of the quality of the kill determines the value is not in RDR.

I liked RDR, and I liked San Andress, why would I be a Rockstar hater?
It just seems you are a Rockstar fanboy. The hype that has been going on the game is extremely high, maybe a bit TOO high, honestly? what determines how good a game is how much pre-release hype it got.
Nothing to do with being a fanboy.
So, you think Watch Dogs (new concept game) and The Last of Us (one platform game) has a chance vs. GTA 5?
I would like to have some of what you're smoking. GTA = best open world game series.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Nothing to do with being a fanboy.
So, you think Watch Dogs (new concept game) and The Last of Us (one platform game) has a chance vs. GTA 5?
I would like to have some of what you're smoking. GTA = best open world game series.

Yeah, you are a fanboy. You are ignoring all points and just constantly project your thoughts as facts. Watch Dogs does seem to stand a chance actually, it really does look amazing, and it has a nice Deus Ex touch with what seems multiple path idea, shades of grey story and the whole hacking ordeal.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah, you are a fanboy. You are ignoring all points and just constantly project your thoughts as opinion. Watch Dogs does seem to stand a chance actually, it really does look amazing, and it has a nice Deus Ex touch with what seems multiple path idea, shades of grey story and the whole hacking ordeal.
Nope. GTA 5 will have a great single player and a great multiplayer. If I'm a Rockstar fanboy, you are a clear Ubisoft fanboy. 3,000 posts here in like 4 days? LOL!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Wow, he is basing assumptions off of nothing. Literally nothing, yet he claims he is not a fanboy...
And I dont get how posts on a forum make you a fanboy. :nonchalance:
You did not see any gameplay, at all, N/A of it and already making assumptions.
EDIT: I wrote ''project your thoughts as a opinion'' instead of ''fact'', fixed that.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow, he is basing assumptions off of nothing. Literally nothing, yet he claims he is not a fanboy...
And I dont get how posts on a forum make you a fanboy. :nonchalance:
You did not see any gameplay, at all, N/A of it and already making assumptions.
EDIT: I wrote ''project your thoughts as a opinion'' instead of ''fact'', fixed that.
How do you know that I haven't seen any leaked gameplay? lol talk about assumptions.
Getting 3000 posts in 4 days regarding a unreleased game makes you a fanboy or a spammer. I have watched you derail multiple topics.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:46 AM
No. Most of the time, you guys take something out of context and force the derailing.
How do I know you have not seen any leaked gameplay...because there is not any? and how much can be leaked? a couple of minutes? that you are judging the ENTIRE game based on it?

Slayer_WTF
07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Watch Dogs, AC3, Far Cry 3 and Halo 4. These were the best in my opinion.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
No. Most of the time, you guys take something out of context and force the derailing.
How do I know you have not seen any leaked gameplay...because there is not any? and how much can be leaked? a couple of minutes? that you are judging the ENTIRE game based on it?
Rockstar has been working on the game for 4+ years.
New graphic engine. Improved multiplayer. Graphics wise, GTA 5 already has Watch Dogs beat.
It will come down to the storyline and Rockstar always does good there.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
No. Generally speaking, in GTA games, the story is the weakest link. They did REALLLY good on RDR, but not GTA.
''New graphics engine'' uhh...ok...?
Watch Dogs looks next gen. It was played on a high end PC.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
No. Generally speaking, in GTA games, the story is the weakest link. They did REALLLY good on RDR, but not GTA.
''New graphics engine'' uhh...ok...?
Watch Dogs looks next gen. It was played on a high end PC.
It was played on a high end PC but on the consoles the graphics won't be the same. GTA 5 will have better console graphics.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
How do you even know Watch Dogs is for Xbox360 and PS3?
And how do you know how it would look like on PS3/X360?

ShaneO7K
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
How do you even know Watch Dogs is for Xbox360 and PS3?And how do you know how it would look like on PS3/X360?It has already been announced for those platforms. Though no footage has been shown for them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
They just said ''consoles''
Not X360 and PS3.

ShaneO7K
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
They just said ''consoles''
Not X360 and PS3.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_is_an_xbox_360_ps3_pc_title_ubisoft_con firms.html

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Well then, I do not have too get a new console too try the game out then o;
Thanks for the info.

oliacr
07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
yeah

menacefox
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
How do you even know Watch Dogs is for Xbox360 and PS3?
And how do you know how it would look like on PS3/X360?
Well, let's see...

The fact is that Xbox 360 and PS3 have like a 5 and 7 year old graphic card in them. Whereas, this game was shown on a high end PC = which means latest graphic card.
It's not rocket science to figure out that the graphics wont be the same on consoles.

And Rockstar has reached almost max potential with the Max Payne 3 console graphics which they will improve a little further for GTA 5.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, let's see...

The fact is that Xbox 360 and PS3 have like a 5 and 7 year old graphic card in them. Whereas, this game was shown on a high end PC = which means latest graphic card.
It's not rocket science to figure out that the graphics wont be the same on consoles.

And Rockstar has reached almost max potential with the Max Payne 3 console graphics which they will improve a little further for GTA 5.

Well Sherlock, what I meant as in how do you know how much is it pushing on consoles? it may be the best looking game on consoles. You are judging purely based on your GTA fanboyism.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Well Sherlock, what I meant as in how do you know how much is it pushing on consoles? it may be the best looking game on consoles. You are judging purely based on your GTA fanboyism.
My God... it will look slightly better than Assassin's Creed III. You are a slow one, aren't ya?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:58 AM
No. But I find it funny how you are basing everything off of pure assumptions.
You do not know how GTA5 is, yet you are claiming GOTY 2013 and it will look better and all. You are claiming everything is improved and all.
How do you know?

menacefox
07-12-2012, 12:02 PM
No. But I find it funny how you are basing everything off of pure assumptions.
You do not know how GTA5 is, yet you are claiming GOTY 2013 and it will look better and all. You are claiming everything is improved and all.
How do you know?
Because I get e-mail notifications. I also read 3 gaming magazines. The developers talked about their improvements and authentic screenshots have been released. Do a simple google search and you will know what's improved.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:06 PM
All I found was a picture of a car, you cant judge by one screen shot. And how do you know those are not PC screenshots rather than consoles?
All assumptions :nonchalance:

menacefox
07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
All I found was a picture of a car, you cant judge by one screen shot. And how do you know those are not PC screenshots rather than consoles?
All assumptions :nonchalance:
Compare the GTA V trailer and screenshot to Max Payne 3 screenshots.
That's how GTA V will look, but more polished. Rockstar is using the same engine called RAGE.
Max Payne 3 was made on the GTA engine.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Then why are you claiming it will be all might and beat out Watch Dogs in the visual department when we have not seen it on console?
You just automatically assume because it is Rockstar, nothing will beat it. You dont want to give anything else a shot. And for my money, Watch Dogs looks more innovative.

YRTEP
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
My "golden E3 2012 games":

1. Assassin's Creed III
2. HALO 4
3. The Last Of Us
4. Watch_Dogs
5. Tomb Raider

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Speaking of which, 70 E3 nominations...
That is quite a bit.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Then why are you claiming it will be all might and beat out Watch Dogs in the visual department when we have not seen it on console?
You just automatically assume because it is Rockstar, nothing will beat it. You dont want to give anything else a shot. And for my money, Watch Dogs looks more innovative.
Max Payne 3 is already on par with Assassin's Creed 3 graphics, if not better.
And it has been out since May 15th.

I own the game and we all saw the AC3 graphics. Max Payne 3 is more detailed.
GTA 5 will use the same engine and with slight improvement, it will also look better than Watch Dogs as well.
It roughly takes 2 years for developers to create a new engine and Ubisoft recently revealed their latest for AC3. So, we know what to expect.

Also, innovation doesn't determine game of the year status which we are arguing. It's fun to try something new, but it might not satisfy everyone out there.
For example: Nintendo has been doing a bunch of different things with the Mario games and they haven't been winning GOTY awards.

You need to stop jumping to conclusions on something that you don't have researched. The hype that GTA 5 is getting is authentic because people know that Rockstar's soul = GTA. They won't ruin it or milk the franchise without serious improvement.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
You cannot judge AC III just yet. YouTube compresses everything, even Esco said so, as he said the 1080p screen made TONS of difference.
''Look better than Watch Dogs'' uhh...dont think so. It most defiantly does not look as good as Watch Dogs, the graphics were amazing on that game, and I generally dont give a crap about a games visuals
Couple that with innovative gameplay, a shades of grey story and tons of content and you got a complete package.
GTA does not satisfy everyone either yet you defend it, same deal, no?

menacefox
07-12-2012, 12:55 PM
You cannot judge AC III just yet. YouTube compresses everything, even Esco said so, as he said the 1080p screen made TONS of difference.
''Look better than Watch Dogs'' uhh...dont think so. It most defiantly does not look as good as Watch Dogs, the graphics were amazing on that game, and I generally dont give a crap about a games visuals
Couple that with innovative gameplay, a shades of grey story and tons of content and you got a complete package.
GTA does not satisfy everyone either yet you defend it, same deal, no?
But GTA 5 has a bigger fanbase to win GOTY and it's not a milked franchise like Call of Duty.
GTA fans thought that GTA 4 wasn't really special - but it also won Game of the Year. Just looked it up.
There is no hype when it comes to Rockstar - they know how to make good games.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM
There is hype. Why do you think fans found it ''nothing special''?
Because expectations are too high.
And bigger fanbase does not mean GotY

menacefox
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
There is hype. Why do you think fans found it ''nothing special''?
Because expectations are too high.
No, hype is when the game blows. I.E. Mass Effect 3. The ending.
Everyone knew what to expect from Rockstar but Rockstar didn't choose the same 'comedic' story like they did with San Andreas.
Instead, Rockstar took a more serious story approach in GTA 4. Less jokes among the characters, etc.
This is what some people did not like.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
....Do you know what hype is?
It is the amount of excitement built around a game before release, how well the game is viewed is most of the time, amounted too the hype.
Ex: A game with ALOT of hype, got released, it did not live up to what was promised, the game will be considered a dis-appointment
A game not alot of hype, people are not expecting much, but it does better thSan expected, the game is considered a success.
Some games have alot of hype, and live up too it, aswell.
My point is: Too much hype can cause the doom of a game. Like ME3, they really, REALLY hyped up the ending and we all know the result.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Look at this record:

GTA 4 = Game of the year award
GTA San Andreas = Game of the year award
GTA 3 = Game of the year award

Even if it doesn't entirely live up to the hype story wise, Rockstar still manages to do enough to pull it off.
I do not see the trend ending yet.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Still does not change what I said, too much hype-dis-appointment.
Even if it pulls a GotY.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Still does not change what I said, too much hype-dis-appointment.
Even if it pulls a GotY.
But if it pulls a GOTY it means the majority liked it.
I know I will like it.
I mean, I don't even remember San Andreas and GTA 4 anymore to change my mind.

Felix-Vivo
07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Well, AC3 is the one I'm most looking forward to. The Last Of Us does look good, as does Watch Dogs. So... it's a good time to be a gamer :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
...Not necessarily.
This brings me back too my previous point, the VGA's are infamous for how bad and mind blowing the decisions are, really. Some of the decisions are mind boggling.
While I am not saying GTA4 won by cheating, the way it won is not necessarily a way too say ''HEY! SEE, GOTY!''
''Best game by Mountain Dew'' having games like King Kong and 50 cent up there, and Megan Fox winning best female voice actor in 2009?
Exactly.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
...Not necessarily.
This brings me back too my previous point, the VGA's are infamous for how bad and mind blowing the decisions are, really. Some of the decisions are mind boggling.
While I am not saying GTA4 won by cheating, the way it won is not necessarily a way too say ''HEY! SEE, GOTY!''
''Best game by Mountain Dew'' having games like King Kong and 50 cent up there, and Megan Fox winning best female voice actor in 2009?
Exactly.
Well, developers like winning those awards.
This is why GTA 5 was moved from 2012 to 2013.
They didn't want it to compete against Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3.
Ohhh, and Black Ops 2.

Many developers do this.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Black Ops 2 winning GotY is as high as Battleship winning Movie of the Year :nonchalance:
My point remains, GotY does not mean much really. Infact, if anything, each year they get dumber and dumber.

menacefox
07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Black Ops 2 winning GotY is as high as Battleship winning Movie of the Year :nonchalance:
My point remains, GotY does not mean much really. Infact, if anything, each year they get dumber and dumber.
That's your opinion. It means a lot to developers because it can dictate the number of investors/shareholders they get.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
But from a player perspective, they do not matter. At all. At the very least, the VGA's don't mean anything. They keep getting worse and worse.

BBALive
07-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Watch Dogs was extremely scripted. The Last of Us was confirmed to not be scripted in any way.

AC3 was one of my favourite games at E3, Dishonored, The Last of Us, Watch Dogs and Metal Gear Rising were among my other favourites.

kudos17
07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Watch Dogs was extremely scripted.

Did you get a confirmation on that? That's a huge maybe right now. We haven't seen any other way the situation at E3 could've folded out. Nobody knows the extent of how in-control the player is when it comes to mission execution.

And I've heard stuff from various pod-casts and whatnot. For example, during the car crash, sometimes there aren't people in the cars suffering. Sometimes that's not a result. Actually, you could avoid the car crash altogether, I believe, though that hasn't been shown during a demo, so I can't confirm. But as long as you kill DeMarco in that Watch Dogs mission, I assume you can do it any way you please.

Reminds me of Deus Ex. Good times.

BBALive
07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Did you get a confirmation on that? That's a huge maybe right now. We haven't seen any other way the situation at E3 could've folded out. Nobody knows the extent of how in-control the player is when it comes to mission execution.

And I've heard stuff from various pod-casts and whatnot. For example, during the car crash, sometimes there aren't people in the cars suffering. Sometimes that's not a result. Actually, you could avoid the car crash altogether, I believe, though that hasn't been shown during a demo, so I can't confirm. But as long as you kill DeMarco in that Watch Dogs mission, I assume you can do it any way you please.

Reminds me of Deus Ex. Good times.
The whole traffic light and car-pile up scene was scripted. It was too obvious. As soon as he turned the traffic lights off a huge amount of cars came out of nowhere. The gas station explosion was probably scripted. A lot of the combat was just run-of-the-mill TPS mechanics with bullet-times and cinematic takedowns. The arrival of the police would be scripted as well.

Having multiple ways to do something doesn't mean it wasn't scripted.

It's nothing like Deus Ex, to be honest. Maybe they share some thematic similarities, but that's about it.

I'm excited because the gameplay did look good. The hacking abilities are an interesting concept. But yeah, I'm expecting a lot of scripted events. Not that scripted events are a bad thing.

freddie_1897
07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
shut up menacefox, shut up Hasoon.

MenaceFox, do not ever try to claim a game as being better than another in any way until you have played both. we have not seen GTA V gameplay yet we have seen Watch_Dogs gameplay. GTA V will probably have great graphics, but Watchdogs has an equal chance of having great graphics.

dont count you chickens before they've hatched.

kudos17
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
The whole traffic light and car-pile up scene was scripted. It was too obvious. As soon as he turned the traffic lights off a huge amount of cars came out of nowhere. The gas station explosion was probably scripted. A lot of the combat was just run-of-the-mill TPS mechanics with bullet-times and cinematic takedowns. The arrival of the police would be scripted as well.

Having multiple ways to do something doesn't mean it wasn't scripted.

It's nothing like Deus Ex, to be honest. Maybe they share some thematic similarities, but that's about it.

I'm excited because the gameplay did look good. The hacking abilities are an interesting concept. But yeah, I'm expecting a lot of scripted events. Not that scripted events are a bad thing.

I will give you that the car pile-up itself was scripted. But what I'm curious is whether or not the little things can change. Like what light you stop your target at, and if that matters, or if you even have to stop him that way at all, etc.

One mission with one playthrough just isn't enough to decide what the whole game is like, so I can't be sure. I'm okay with scripted events as long as they vary and feel interactive, but I still want the choice to "activate" these events at my leisure, so to speak.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Actually, there were 2 ''versions'' of the demo, it played out differently. I believe it is not scripted, if anything, it is like DX. And I love DX with my heart out.
If I can find the second version, I will post it here as soon as I find it..
EDIT: On the GTA thing, he is judging purely on screen shots compared to gameplay, and claiming GotY 2013. I just find it quite odd, to be honest. And he is saying that the GTA multiplayer is better as a ''fact'' not something subjective.