PDA

View Full Version : This just in: Connor's got swag!

FirestarLuva
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Okay, so I was digging around tumblr yesterday and found some new news (though some if it will already be recognizable) about AC3:

1. There will be a lot of animals not just in the Frontier but in cities, so it won't be only dogs running around.
2. You'll be able to start riots, such as, you'll be able to hire mercenaries, thieves and even citizens to attack redcoats.
3. If you stand with Connor for a few moments, he'll take up a smexy *cough* I mean, casual pose wherever you're standing, be it in a tree, on a ledge, whatever. I'M TELLING YOU HE GOT SWAG, Y U NO BELIEVE ME!?
4. Looting/carrying bodies will return, you can't loot hanged people up in trees.
5. New stylish inventory pages
6. Naval Warfare will take up roughly 10-15% of the game.
7. Everything will be amazingly detailed.
8. Detailed description below

http://i50.tinypic.com/5tp3o.jpg

“So Adam ran us through the E3 demos essentially, but he was playing them live, and was able to explain things to us and give us a bit more of a look at the environments. We had the Assault on Fort St. Mathieu, the Boston demo, and the Naval Warfare demo. So, while I was already very well versed in these trailers, I got to learn about a couple of new things.
One is that its not just rats, horses and dogs running around the streets of Boston… oh no there are pigs too…. yup.
Another is you can start riots. And the citizens can actually help you attack Red coats. Its a bit like the street mercenaries you run into around in the cities. You also still have the same base for recruiting allies as in previous games – you can hire theives etc (I only saw a thief though).
If you leave Connor stationary for a while he takes a casual pose… even when he’s in a tree. Seriosuly. See the attached photos for proof. Though his tree poses are very model-like…. we had a good laugh over that.
You can still loot dead bodies, but I was told any body you string up is probably un-lootable (as Adam wasn’t entirely certain but it seems logical). You can still carry dead bodies and throw them places… this was demonstrated too upon request XD
The new inventory pages (where you sort what weapon to use etc) look very stylish, and I do like them. They’ve been simlified a bit and come with small diagrams of what you are selecting which is a nice touch.
The naval warfare section will only take up about 10-15% of the game (this is a very rough estimate though) so its not like you’ll be stuck on th boat for ages if you don’t like it.
You can skin the wolves you kill…. we tried it on the Assault of St. Mathieu when you get attacked by them just to see and yup you can skin them after you’ve killed them.
There are some very cool new ways that Connor can kill and how he reacts to others attacking him. His counter-moves are much more fluid and you can work that into how you kill a different person also.
The environments are amazingly detailed. Boston was full of so many small details and had a very realistic feel to it. The crowds are much more reactive now and more diverse in *how* they react also.”

RatonhnhakeFan
07-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Strike a pose!

freddie_1897
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM
*top right picture*

"hey *****, whatchha doin' there girl?

FirestarLuva
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
*top right picture*

That pose must be the original way of saying, B****, I'm fabulous! Or, Come at me Bro! XD

freddie_1897
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
That pose must be the original way of saying, B****, I'm fabulous! Or, Come at me Bro! XD
actually its more like "yeah I'm on a tree, what ya gonna do about it?

oliacr
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
thanks, good news.

MT4K
07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't mean to be a party pooper :(, but the images were posted once in another thread. Unfortunately i forget which. Also the only real new information that i can see is number 6 about the Naval gameplay taking up about 15% of the game :-/.

uhh, but yeah it's cool ummm. AWESOME POSE and things... don't hurt me :D.

Although it seems like people missed the images when they was posted in that thread before though so i guess this gives everybody another chance :P.

rain89c
07-11-2012, 07:02 PM
10-15% naval warfare?? I dont like the sound of that...

Scystab
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
good news! it's nice to get a confirmation to all those rumors :)

RatonhnhakeFan
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
10-15% naval warfare?? I dont like the sound of that...
I think it's more like 10-15% naval gameplay in general. The Combat was most likely 1 (maybe 2) big setpiece event. Other than that, it's been confirmed that we will be using the boat to swim across the Carribean seas

actually its more like "yeah I'm on a tree, what ya gonna do about it?

Or "You want a piece of it don't ya? Too bad it's out of your reach" ;P

kudos17
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
So basically, the greatest game ever :D Sweet!

Also, I love the casual pose. That's just a feature that just wasn't even close to necessary, but they threw it in anyway :p I really like that attention to detail

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:50 PM
I think 10-15% Naval gameplay in the story.

Timeaus
07-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes 10-15% is a rough estimate, I don't think it will be much in the main story cause Alex said that there's three or four moments in the main story that you have to deal with it, and then there are side missions there too if you want to do it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Can we just jump on it anytime and explore?

WolfTemplar94
07-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Can we just jump on it anytime and explore?

It'd be for a set amount of time wouldn't it? Once we return to the East Coast, I can;t imagine we'd be able to go back to the Carribean Sea.

EDIT: I wonder if we'll be able to captain a ship on the east coast. There's so many ships, so it would be awesome to have a few side quests featuring ships around the main game area.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:07 PM
I dont know, but It would be cool if you can at anytime go in and explore around.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-11-2012, 10:08 PM
It'd be for a set amount of time wouldn't it? Once we return to the East Coast, I can;t imagine we'd be able to go back to the Carribean Sea.

Why not? You go to a port in East coast and go to Carribeans. Ain't like we couldn't jump between cities in AC2. Gameplay freedom sometimes prevails over extreme realism

Timeaus
07-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes, the devs said that once you have your ship you can access it at anytime to do side quests and explore the eastern seaboard.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:13 PM
It should be a nice change of pace every now and then :P
I love the idea of raiding ships....LOL.

Timeaus
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I think that you can also go to islands to do a particular mission similar to the Mayan Ruin missions.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Wow....
You can use the ropedart in combat O_o
SHOW PLEASE! SHOW SHOW!

WolfTemplar94
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Why not? You go to a port in East coast and go to Carribeans. Ain't like we couldn't jump between cities in AC2. Gameplay freedom sometimes prevails over extreme realism

Oh, that's cool. It's still strange though. I mean, back then, it would have taken too long to make regular trips.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:20 PM
People you need too remember this is a game, so somethings wont make sense.

BBALive
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow....
You can use the ropedart in combat O_o
SHOW PLEASE! SHOW SHOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n07QuxpFUlc&feature=related

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:26 PM
That is what I am talking about, I want to see more.

JCearlyyears
07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
More.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Seriously, we need a Scorpion skin...

AssassinGame1
07-12-2012, 12:36 AM
will that be in the game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah, of course.

AssassinGame1
07-12-2012, 12:44 AM
*top right picture*

XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:46 AM
I think that was intentional xD

Subject J80
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Haven't seen these before. Thanks Firestar.......anyone got these on a bigger scale??

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 04:17 AM
I think you will see them in Comic Con on a bigger scale.