PDA

View Full Version : Question

sasukeuchiha50
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
So is Desmond the only one who can wield the apple and not have a reaction?

ShaneO7K
07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
No, but it would be rare to find someone else that can also do it.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Well the game seems to imply eve can too, and Bill state the figure of those who can use the apple in ACR

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Only 6000 people can, VERY, VERY, VERY little.
People with high TWCB concentration.

SixKeys
07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Desmond did have a reaction in ACB, kind of. The Apple took control of his body. I wouldn't say it's exactly safe for him to wield it despite his high TWCB DNA concentration. We've seen multiple people (non-main characters) throughout the series wield the Apple with no physical consequences: Al Mualim, Rodrigo Borgia, Cesare, Uncle Mario.... It's probably safe to hold it most of the time even for regular people, but it's unpredictable, like a volatile chemical mixture.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Actually, I believe it was the TWCB that controlled him.

SixKeys
07-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Actually, I believe it was the TWCB that controlled him.

Yes, through the Apple. They can't physically control anyone on account of them being long dead, but they have some sort of mental connection with the Apple which allows them to communicate with people and use the Apple's technology to control their actions.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but it is not just from the Apple, more like TWCB interference.

SixKeys
07-11-2012, 10:41 PM
What I mean is, the Apple is one of TWCB's last tools on earth to communicate/control people. They're no longer physically alive, so without tools they can't interfere with people, but once somebody has a hold of a PoE, they can somehow harness its technology. It's kind of like a lightning rod, in that way. Lightning on its own is just undirected, formless energy, but give it something to latch on to and it can cause great damage to the person holding the rod.

That's why TWCB were so eager to help Desmond get the Apple. Without him holding it, they couldn't have taken over his body. It probably reacted to his DNA in some way and awakened a channel through which they could control him, just like they used to back when the Apple was used to subjugate humans.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
What I mean is, the Apple is one of TWCB's last tools on earth to communicate/control people. They're no longer physically alive, so without tools they can't interfere with people, but once somebody has a hold of a PoE, they can somehow harness its technology. It's kind of like a lightning rod, in that way. Lightning on its own is just undirected, formless energy, but give it something to latch on to and it can cause great damage to the person holding the rod.

That's why TWCB were so eager to help Desmond get the Apple. Without him holding it, they couldn't have taken over his body. It probably reacted to his DNA in some way and awakened a channel through which they could control him, just like they used to back when the Apple was used to subjugate humans.
Which is what I said, it is not actually the Apple, more like the TWCB.

MasterSimaYi
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Everyone can wield the Apple - look at Savonarola, Cesare, Leonardo. The only difference is that Desmond has high concentrations of First Civilization DNA which means he has less of the neurosensors most humans have that prevents them from using the Pieces of Eden like the First Civilization could and enables them to be affected by their powers. That is why William said "I don't have the right genes to properly wield it," emphasis on "properly."

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Which is what we mean, as in ''wield'' it, people that wont really suffer side effects from the Apple.
Also, I believe Leonardo has some TWCB blood aswell.

MasterSimaYi
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Which is what we mean, as in ''wield'' it, people that wont really suffer side effects from the Apple.
Also, I believe Leonardo has some TWCB blood aswell.

Ubisoft seem hell-bent however to keep historical bloodlines and fictional bloodlines separate. The First Civilization are fictional, so I personally speculate that Leonardo da Vinci is not a descendant of them.

SixKeys
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Nothing in the games, novels, guide books etc. suggests that Leonardo has TWCB DNA (above that of a normal person anyway, as all humans do to some extent).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
He was not effected by the Apple in the AC II DLC.

MasterSimaYi
07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
He was not effected by the Apple in the AC II DLC.

And Mario was, while he does have First Civilization DNA. So was Ezio, to an extent, before he snapped out of it and deactivated the Apple.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I think the team overlooked the Mario thing?
Dunno, it was kinda weird.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-12-2012, 02:52 AM
I can wield it. You just hold square

De Filosoof
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Maybe people with a strong mind but without much TWCB dna can still wield it.
Abbas and Al Mualim were pretty weakminded.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
No, I really doubt that, If that was the case, I am pretty sure Desmond's father can.

De Filosoof
07-12-2012, 03:23 AM
No, I really doubt that, If that was the case, I am pretty sure Desmond's father can.

Maybe he can, but doesn't wanna risk it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 03:24 AM
And it also goes against what we are told, only 6000 in 10 million can hold a PoE. It is just high TWCB required.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Chinese people can wield the power most likely since they have more TWCB DNA...most likely >_> just saying...They have strong minds because they meditate a lot in the olden times when daoism and buddhism made them do it, through a tyrannical emperor that got assassinated by assassins....so can't wait till AC4 :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Chinese people can wield the power most likely since they have more TWCB DNA...most likely >_> just saying...They have strong minds because they meditate a lot in the olden times when daoism and buddhism made them do it, through a tyrannical emperor that got assassinated by assassins....so can't wait till AC4 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc

Acrimonious_Nin
07-12-2012, 08:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc
HAHAHHA oh man that was funny :p...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
HAHAHHA oh man that was funny :p...

What can I say, the ultimate forum weapon xD