PDA

View Full Version : ACB - Courtesan Guild Challenge

xmisery13x
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi guys !

A few days ago I started trying to complete the guild challenges in Brotherhood, but I'm a bit a bit stuck with one of the Courtesan ones.
It's the challenge where you have to shoot 20 guards off a guard post with the crossbow without getting detected.
Now I'm guessing they're talking about the guards standing on the wooden platforms around the French camps, but the problem is they are now empty as I'm doing these challenges in Sequence 8.
Is there a way I can still complete this challenge somehow without playing the whole game again ? :confused:

MT4K
07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Just reload an old memory where the guards are back. Also if i recall correctly it counts for any guard you find standing with their arms crossed.

xmisery13x
07-11-2012, 06:51 AM
I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the tip ! :)

Kytr
07-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Generally, you can do this on any guards that are standing side by side. The ones standing face to face are off duty and do not count, nor do any who are walking around.

xmisery13x
07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Generally, you can do this on any guards that are standing side by side. The ones standing face to face are off duty and do not count, nor do any who are walking around.

Yeah, I figured as much.
I tried just taking down the ones standing on the high wooden platforms but that didn't work.
I've since tried shooting down the ones with their arms crossed and that seemed to do the trick.
Now to try not to be detected... :p

Kytr
07-12-2012, 09:54 PM
the trick is to shoot from a position behind them, or at least not more than sideways on. do this from a long distance and move out of sight after firing the shot (fast walk, don't run).

xmisery13x
07-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Guild Challenge complete ! :cool:
I actually tried that, but I kept on getting detected every time I quickly stepped away.
In the end I hired some courtesans to keep me undetected and took the guards down that way.
It was actually quite funny to see the guards looking and asking around for the killer while I'm right there in front of them ! XD
Silly French soldiers... :p
Many thanks for the tips !