PDA

View Full Version : A message to Desmond from Clay: On the modern world *Spoilers ?

Acrimonious_Nin
07-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Desmond Miles March 13 1987(Zodiac sign: Pisces)http://www.astrology-online.com/pisces.htm (Scroll to the botton to the Likes and Dislikes of the Personality trait.)By understanding Desmond personality trait I believe that we may gain an insight as to why certain things happen within Desmond's life; within the AC universe. I would have put up Clay's personality traits, but all I have as a lead is the "birth" of his AI, which is most likely in 8 august 2012. Regardless that the AI's personality fits it's respective date. I do not feel like it is a solid enough lead, so you can judge for yourselves(http://www.astrology-online.com/leo.htm).

"Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear, it's already gone" - Clay to Desmond(AC:B)

As the personality trait suggests from the link, and following the above quote. Pisces are the type that likes: solitude to dream in. Mystery in all its guises. Anything discarded to stay discarded. The ridiculous, and likes to get 'lost'. I am going to take a wild guess and say that Clay understood Desmond a bit more than one would suspect, but this should not be weird since Clay's AI seems to gather information from the "outside world", as Clay's AI tags along, through the memory core in the animus. This Intel gathering can be seen in AC:R, during Desmond's journey p.1 when you hear Clay's voice laughing once you activate the block making ability. This may lead to the implication that the memory leaks may be Clay's AI "intruding" to gather more information about Desmond's life. Another instance is when Clay is questioning if Desmond regrets anything in his life.(Some of this may lead to the idea that Clay copied himself to Desmond, but that is all speculative :D)

Clay - Do you regret anything. Desmond ?
Desmond - Like what ?
Clay - Running away. Leaving your parents behind. Finding a **** job; and pretending to be productive. What's it like spending your whole life avoiding hard decisions ?
Desmond - Come on.
Clay - Sure your an Assassin, but it wasn't your choice.
Desmond - Do you have a point ?
Clay - I want to know if you regret anything.
Desmond - Sure. I wish I'd been more patient with my parents. I wish I'd listened. And Lucy...maybe things could been different if I'd- I'm not sure.
Clay - Thank you.
Desmond - For what?
Clay - for making sense

---Pisces personality difficulty.---

Problem: A strong sense of despair not shared by family and friends, thus leaving you with that all alone feeling.(Desmond feels alone since his father is dedicated to the Assassin order more than his family. Leading to Desmond to feel alone and leading to him running away.)

Solution: You must come out of yourself and open up to those around you, you have the power to inspire others making you an important part of the human race; take your rightful place.

Desmond opening up to Clay is an example of his personality trait at work in the AC universe story line, if you will.

----------- An instance of Clay's AI reaching out to Desmond is when, in AC:B the country song "Home on the range" is played. I presume this was Clay showing a redundant message that tried to Reach out to Desmond on a more personal level. Being that the song depicts a nice life in a peaceful environment with no "big corporation" wanting to infringe other people's peaceful, and tranquil lifestyle, by imposing a lifestyle of servitude to a, capitalist, autocratic, authoritarian/totalitarian ruled by Templar world. This could make someone like Desmond uneasy. You can hear Desmond's love for a "good life" in Desmond's journey p.1 when he is remembering "the good life". You can also hear how annoyed Desmond is about Abstergo's actions, after escaping Abstergo and joining the Assassins at the hideout before meeting the other team members in AC2 and you hear it in his voice throughout his journeys in AC:R.

As Desmond progresses through his "journeys" He comes to grips with the fact that his, "easiest days are past him" and that there is no turning back now, due to the fact that Abstergo has infringed completely in his way of being, according to his personality trait, and not to mention that Desmond shows that he was not the "City" type of person even though he had his experience in the city. In other words what he hoped for and held dear was pretty much already being crushed by Abstergo. Even if he did not realise at the time that, that is what he truly wanted in his life, but by the time he understood, and realized what was important in life, Abstergo had already abducted him. You can hear this in Desmond journey p.5, "After nine years of being away my old bitterness was back. I was tired again. I didn't want to admit that moving forward meant taking a step back. The shine of the city had faded. The freedom I felt was hollow without old friends, without family."

"I have seen what has been, what will be." - Clay realizing his purpose.

My point in all this, is that Clay is pretty much telling Desmond things that he may not fully understand yet and will only understand as his life goes on and that the easy, peaceful life he wanted is gone and it's all Abstergo's fault ! Anarchy! And it probably hints to the fact that everything else he told him in AC2 and AC:B is most likely going to unfold in AC3 :D.. yeah !!! lol

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 05:59 AM
I dont see how this is a ''message'' from Clay.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I was trying to imply that what ever Clay is saying to Desmond is a message, or hint on how the modern world is like, so that Desmond becomes aware of reality since he has been falling behind with keeping up with how the world works...That's all. I could not give all of S16's messages. I gave a couple examples, the real message is beneath what is truly being said by S16, but since he is "crazy" in most of his monologues the message is scrambled and lost within the confusing context. under the "crazy" rambling is the real message if you analyze it properly. I do know that the message I wrote probably wasn't clear, but try organizing a scrambled, confused message from a mad man. >_> Not easy I'll tell you.

rileypoole1234
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Well yeah, I guess you're right.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I was trying to imply that what ever Clay is saying to Desmond is a message, or hint on how the modern world is like, so that Desmond becomes aware of reality since he has been falling behind with keeping up with how the world works...That's all. I could not give all of S16's messages. I gave a couple examples, the real message is beneath what is truly being said by S16, but since he is "crazy" in most of his monologues the message is scrambled and lost within the confusing context. under the "crazy" rambling is the real message if you analyze it properly. I do know that the message I wrote probably wasn't clear, but try organizing a scrambled, confused message from a mad man. >_> Not easy I'll tell you.

That......
Made no sense xD
But ok I guess....

WolfTemplar94
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Over-analysed I think.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-11-2012, 05:11 PM
lol look I had nothing better to do XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
You are like me! xD