PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Free DLC for patient PC users

Exist2Resist
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm a long time subscriber to this IP.
I bought my first XBOX because of Ghost Recon, so when this was announced for the PC I was pretty excited.
I bought the game and to my surprise, it is barely playable, it does not scale to my 3 monitors, and online is plagued with connection and server problems.
I was very disappointed.
Now I learn that I will have the full version of the game on the 19th of this month, but that's not a guarantee.

UBI you guys messed up, you know it and the community knows it.
It is my belief that if you want to make it right by your fans and community you should give up some free DLC.
You know like it was back in the day when a patch for a shooter came out and offered new maps for free.
The good old days.

I'm a patient man, but my patience and my investment into this company(buying the game) should be rewarded.

Who is with me?

Cassiuskahn
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Bump

OL3ck
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Definitely. A free DLC would be at least some sign of compassion and respect for the PC community. However, the devs can be pretty pissed right now because of the whole flame from most of the users.

ecma4
07-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Definitely. A free DLC would be at least some sign of compassion and respect for the PC community. However, the devs can be pretty pissed right now because of the whole flame from most of the users.

If you release a poor quality product customers are going to be upset. The developers know this, most of them probably sympathize with us. The quality of this release is not a statement about the developers, their quality of work, or how much they care about the PC fan base. This release was poor because the higher up decision makers decided not allow for the required time and money in order to produce a quality product. UBI employees often post on these forums that they care equally about all the platforms/customers; I completely believe that those individuals do. Unfortunately the decision makers do not.

This release, and the general attitude coming from UBI, is strangling their potential PC market. One day there will be none left, and they will simply stop releasing their games on PC altogether.

Pegula
07-09-2012, 10:15 PM
...as bankers ruined the real world...these decision money-makers ruined our virtual playground.

So sad.

Nightstalker-27
07-09-2012, 10:15 PM
This is what happens when the PC version is an afterthought. Take a page from Rockstar Ubisoft, develop the PC version first, the console versions after that. max payne 3 works flawlessly and the PC version is not some crappy port like GRFS is.

Cobra-10
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
+1

Nexolate
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Take a page from Rockstar Ubisoft, develop the PC version first, the console versions after that. max payne 3 works flawlessly and the PC version is not some crappy port like GRFS is.

https://twitter.com/rockstargames/statuses/194590539901972480

I didn't know parallel meant first.
Also their PC version wasn't cancelled and then resurrected halfway through development.

The only games that get developed on PC first these days are PC exclusives.

Regards,
Nexo

Exist2Resist
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Regardless of being in parallel or first, a PC title should never be a console port. It does not bode well with community and the hardware compatibility/options are limited.

xGhostFleax
07-09-2012, 11:55 PM
If you release a poor quality product customers are going to be upset. The developers know this, most of them probably sympathize with us. The quality of this release is not a statement about the developers, their quality of work, or how much they care about the PC fan base. This release was poor because the higher up decision makers decided not allow for the required time and money in order to produce a quality product. UBI employees often post on these forums that they care equally about all the platforms/customers; I completely believe that those individuals do. Unfortunately the decision makers do not.

This release, and the general attitude coming from UBI, is strangling their potential PC market. One day there will be none left, and they will simply stop releasing their games on PC altogether.

I agree, the big decision makers knew the risk, made the decisions, and are MOST LIKELY telling the others to fix what said decision makers decided to choke. In MY opinion, Ubisoft and they ridiculous excuse for "big decision makers" want out of the PC world and want to stay ONLY in consoles. I work so I can have money to do the things I love with whom I love, but I believe most of the bigwigs at Ubi work for power and money to support power. Not saying all "managers" are that way, but I am talking the real bigwigs above management.

Alcatraz1337
07-10-2012, 12:01 AM
**** all this, this game is broken as ****.
I don't want a free DLC for a game that is unplayable for me, I want my ****ing money back!

Ceej64
07-10-2012, 12:24 AM
THIS. Also, this is not unprecedented. Atari realized they botched the launch of Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the first major DLC was free. Ubi follow suit!

Nightstalker-27
07-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Ubi won't ever give us PC gamers ANYTHING for free, after all Ubi thinks we are all nothing but a bunch of pirates.

xBalzakx
07-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Ubi won't ever give us PC gamers ANYTHING for free, after all Ubi thinks we are all nothing but a bunch of pirates.
ARRR'll sign that petition matie!! :P

xGhostFleax
07-10-2012, 12:47 AM
I would just like to say to Ubi... At LEAST you could Kiss me next time you screw me... wth...

smed07
07-10-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree, would like to see Arctic Strike free for PC players.

phenom2955
07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
100% agree. This is what I was thinking when I shut the game down for the last time yesterday after spending 2 days trying to play online. Free DLC and a patch to fix this crap.

What I don't get is how they can even call it a DLC to begin with? The game was only released a month ago, to release "New" content for it already is hardly anything that I would consider DLC. To me it just seems as though developed a complete game, Split it up into pieces, sold the first "Portion" of the game on initial release, waited a month and plan to re-sell another small portion for more profit. Following the same business model as the other big name companies I guess.

Why not do what they did in the "Old days" where they released a complete game on launch day, waited a few months at least to see if the game is doing well/is a hit, then actually develop extra content as EXTRA CONTENT. Again to me releasing DLC a month after initial release just seems like they are chopping the game up into portions and milking the profit for all its worth, exactly why I don't play BF3.

ruffah
07-10-2012, 02:34 AM
It is reasonable to think that if a company wants to keep a good reputation, a compensation like this would certainly point in the right direction.
I belive Ubisoft to be one of the best top 3 game producers out there.. and im sure they can understand the rippleing effect it would have to their finacial position, if reputation goes down and word spreads that you shouldnt buy Ubisoft games.. then keeping a better reputation from putting a bandaid on the wound providing compensation for the problems brought on the customers would benefit everyone in that case.

Blastmaster2k2
07-10-2012, 03:32 AM

What developers fail to understand is one day in the near future, PC is all that will be left, consoles are coming out with their last gen in a year or two. I don't see any more consoles coming out after that. Cloud gaming will have taken over by then, 5-10 years from now. Games will be streamed to your PC or TV. Any smart developer with a vision for the future will make PC the top priority platform for the next 5-10 years, reverse the dying trend. You piss PC gamers off now, they will end your profits in the near future by passing on your titles.

xGhostFleax
07-10-2012, 04:11 AM
What developers fail to understand is one day in the near future, PC is all that will be left, consoles are coming out with their last gen in a year or two. I don't see any more consoles coming out after that. Cloud gaming will have taken over by then, 5-10 years from now. Games will be streamed to your PC or TV. Any smart developer with a vision for the future will make PC the top priority platform for the next 5-10 years, reverse the dying trend. You piss PC gamers off now, they will end your profits in the near future by passing on your titles.

Oh so very true...

Eishun
07-10-2012, 05:33 AM
just wait until ubisoft throw "gamer entitlement" just like EA

ecma4
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM

Will Wright would agree. (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-09-will-wright-console-guys-are-running-scared)

Alexander.S_uz
07-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree

d4c1981
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM

^this

JT0484
07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Signed, it would only be right for PC since we always get screwed :(

Blastmaster2k2
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Signed.

Andunor
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Signed.

When you show respect, people respect you back. Look at CDProjekt's "The Wticher".

MaceMagoo
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I do not think they will bring out the DLC for PC after the release screw up. 2 weeks later and still messed up.

VitalyChumak
07-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Ubi Antoine: hey .. our customers want a free DLC for their patience and two crappy patches that we released on the next day after game release (SO FCKN QUICK).

Ubisoft executives: http://pikabu.ru/images/big_size_comm/2012-07_2/13418922726052.gif

d4c1981
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Respect to CDProjectRed, they have upgraded their first 2 games free of charge to all current owners and the content has not been a few maps or levels but extensive overhauls of entire parts of both games. Learn from your competitors Ubisoft, you have been in the business far longer and are hated. They have been in 5 mins in comparison and are loved... Hmm

Almostgfx
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
As long as they fully fix the game and get it to look like those screenshots im happy

Kickpuncher2012
07-10-2012, 11:00 AM
It should be self-evident for Ubisoft to give us an official apology and a compensation (at best in form of the upcoming Arctic Strike DLC for free, no one will buy it after this mess anyway) for the fact we can't play the game we paid for for 2 weeks now. And as things stand now, it won't be playable for another week.

Harr0
07-10-2012, 02:01 PM
agree and signed

Zom_Head
07-10-2012, 02:44 PM
You are asking for a free DLC, for an unfinished and unpatched product with p2p mw2/3 matchmaking system with hackers in it already?

really?

Kickpuncher2012
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
You are asking for a free DLC, for an unfinished and unpatched product with p2p mw2/3 matchmaking system with hackers in it already?

really?

That they have to repair their ****ed up game is out of question.

btw its ridiculous that we get censored in a forum for a game that is destined for people who are 18+ years old.

Alcatraz1337
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
That they have to repair their ****ed up game is out of question.

btw its ridiculous that we get censored in a forum for a game that is destined for people who are 18+ years old.
But the forum itself isn't only for 18+ year olds but for younger ones as well.

lurizan
07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
+1

Estillio
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Free DLC for PC users is I think the only way to save your face Ubi. I'll still be very careful with your future games anyway but free DLC is a way to lower the hate a bit. Of course if you finally patch the game because it takes you ****ing forever.

KleberDrops
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
i agree

stndbfrgrn
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Guys, let's also try to push for the release of a high-res texture pack. Worth a try, no? Go! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/690014-Request-for-the-release-of-a-High-res-texture-pack

CJ578
07-11-2012, 01:11 AM
+1