PDA

View Full Version : Michael Fassbender set to star in Assassin's Creed Movie

Dave_ATC
07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Michael Fassbender set to star, and co-produce in Assassin's Creed. This is huge as not only will they get the video game market, and all the people who love the game and play it religiously, but now you put Fassbender as the face of the franchise and you lure in the movie goer.]

Full story, details and quotes - http://bit.ly/MdF5Ay

Sephrick
07-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Very excited about this. Such a wonderful actor attached this early is a great sign.

It's one of my dream projects to write the script for an AC movie!

sticks165
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
hey dude welcome to the forums, oh there's already a thread about this. :)

BRANDONxPRODIGY
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
he will be playing altair? i dont think he matches altair too well but never the less a great actor and no doubt he will carry the movie, despite the tradition of video game movies sucking

Serrachio
07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Personally, I would rather see a movie that isn't a re-telling of the Assassin's Creed series, but something that we can take some new details from.

Also, considering that movies leave details out to fit the film into around an hour or two, I expect that they'll leave out some appealing parts to keep the important things and stick to time constraits.

stingray10
07-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I hope they do not put him in a role which involves playing as European or Middle Eastern assassin becuase of his nationality. However, knowing what producers are like, i have my doubts.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Wha-?
WIN.
That is it, I LOVED his prefromance in X-men first class, if he can pull something of that quality again, I am sold on his character.
Just dont make him play Altair....American accent in the movies aswell?

BRANDONxPRODIGY
07-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I hope they do not put him in a role which involves playing as European or Middle Eastern assassin becuase he is an American. However, knowing what producers are like, i have my doubts.

hes not american, hes german and irish

RatonhnhakeFan
07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Personally, I would rather see a movie that isn't a re-telling of the Assassin's Creed series, but something that we can take some new details from.
Me too. Telling the same story on film that was already told in a game brings nothing new to the story. It ain't like with adapting novels or even comic books. Games already have everything movies have and more (interactivity). So yeah, not that interested unless it's an original story

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Actually, I would not mind both. Seeing our favorite characters that we were with in 2007 would be something too like. Seeing all of stuff we did in the game, on the big screen, is epic for fans.
Or it could fail due too horrible acting and script.