PDA

View Full Version : AC: Revelations underrated

Iwasser
07-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Personally I think that AC: Revelations is way underrated.

I think that it had a great end for Ezio trilogy, closed Altair story and made me more intrested in Desmond storyline.
I also think that it looks beautiful and the gameplay is really fun.
I know there wasn't so much improvment from Brotherhood but I think that it's important for every AC series fan to play this game.

So, why do people think that AC: Revelations is not a good game?!

rileypoole1234
07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I think some people think it's underrated because of all the hype it got. I for one love it for the same reasons as you do.

Layytez
07-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Lacked actual revelations for the previous games that contributed to the story.
Decided to tell us the reasoning of Lucys death in a frickin paid DLC when she died in the original game.
Overal story lacked excitement and was basically just about getting Altairs seals.
No conversations between Desmon and Clay when in previous games he was desperate to get his attention and had information for him. Once they met no previous things were brought up such as Adam and Eve, The sun...Your son...Too weak... Must replenish energy" etc.

Sushiglutton
07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Several reasons I disliked that game.
- Tower defence and the first-person puzzles were both tedious and not nearly as good as games that specializes in respective genre. They didn't fit the rest of the game either.
- The bombs were not needed to complete any missions, but ok fun to use. The city, full of bomb tables, and blackmarket bomb dealers, became super silly though.
- Being dragged behind a wagon and driving one urself were both very simple and boring mini-games.
- They kept some of the most tedious parts of earlier games like city rebuilding and the mediocre combat.
- Story focused too much on local affairs and progressed slowly. Desmond story hardly progressed at all.

In summary: they kept too many old things that were boring and added new things that managed to be even worse.

That being said the core is still Assassin's Creed, so I had a decent time regardless.

SixKeys
07-09-2012, 08:31 PM
The game is way too short, it had almost no side missions. ACB has much more replay value because it keeps you entertained for hours outside of the main story. The combat was the most tedious the series has ever seen due to the unnecessarily long kill animations. It's annoying and stupid when you get into a fight and Ezio takes almost a full minute to kill one guy while the others guards stand around twiddling their thumbs. The characters were uninteresting and poorly written. The story was ripe with missed potential. The hookblade didn't add much to the gameplay, you almost never needed the ziplines and climbing was actually slower than before because it didn't always register your movements. Den Defense was tedious. Renovations served no purpose. Notoriety system was annoying, having to constantly run around bribing heralds in an attempt to avoid Den Defense. The main assassination missions were all linear and you generally only had one way to kill your target. Subject 16 turned out to be a massive anticlimax. The game offered very little in the way of actual revelations, the biggest one only being available in a paid DLC. The multiplayer is buggy and broken.

That pretty much sums up my complaints about the game. Constantinople was pretty and the music was good, but those weren't enough to save the game as a whole.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Everything about the game dis-appointed. From the terrible 9 HOURS story in a AC game, lack of change, useless bombs, Den Defence, and Desmond Sequences, who thought of that? I will find you. And kill you. And burn you into ashes. They were tedious and boring.
Lack of Revelations....except in PAID DLC. WITH THE MOST TEDIOUS GAMEPLAY OF ALL!
Lack of change, smaller and bland city, lack of equipment, with like...3 armor sets, all of which are ugly by the way, add in a weak love interest bad character development, Yusuf deserved a much better game.
Some of the reasons I dis-like the game~

Sharkey1337
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
For me the game doesn't really add anything to the series, it simply treads old ground. In fact, I can safely say that if you played AC2 and Brotherhood and skip Revelations, you won't miss anything going into AC3. There were no actual revelations to be had, just one interesting cutscene depicting the ancient civilization.

The game would've been much better imo if it was a more swashbuckling tale of Ezio traveling to different locales in the Mediterranean Sea, with a heavy emphasis on a customizable ship HQ that could've incorporated gameplay seen in AC3. I hated the bomb element as it was simply unnecessary and not exactly an assassin's tool. The hook blade could've been more interesting, but it simply wasn't enough in terms of new elements. A hookshot-like grappling hook that would allow you to shoot up buildings and be used against enemies in combat would've been much cooler.

Idk, there was way more potential for an ending story for Ezio than what we got, simply because the devs only had a year to put it together. Overall, I was unimpressed and greatly look forward to AC3 for a new experience.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Uhh....by that time, pretty sure some kind of hook gun was not possible xD
Do keep in mind they dont want too become TOO fiction, in the AC III debut trailer, it had a CHAIN for the rope dart, but they felt it was so....Mortal Kombat and made it a rope dart.

notafanboy
07-09-2012, 09:18 PM
i liked it, it doesn┤t deserve the hate it gets. I was still disappointed though

Turul.
07-09-2012, 09:21 PM
i totally agree the game is underrated.

3 gripes
-game is shorter compared to others
-lucy story was DLC it was hugely important and got ignored in the game
-den defense was not fun, and avoidable, (it was incredibly hard to trigger one IMO)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Den Defence took away from the game even if you tried too avoid it, because you have too constantly bribe the heralds, and they are not marked on the map + they reduce much less this time, so you had too go out of your way too search the entire map. Until you get 7 master Assassin's, then it does not matter.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I agree with the OP, although the marketing kinda showed too much, I still greatly enjoyed the game.
The Den defense added a nice change of pace to the game and was a warm welcome, My gripe on it, though was that there wasn't more of it, however; I liked the raising of its difficulty and unlocks over the course of the game.

The story was very well written in my opinion, and didn't stretch out too much to include some poor character progression present in some characters of the past game. also the story slightly returned to its roots of the shades of grey of the war between the Templars and Assassins, not necessarily openly like in Assassins Creed I, but still presented situations were I truly questioned Ezio`s actions.

I absolutely loved the Desmond missions. they introduced a new gameplay element that was very risky in my opinion and may not be well received, but certainly delivered to me a great experience. I enjoyed the whole concept of realizing the recollection of a past Memory inside an Animus, the blocks to me represented how sometimes you try to clutch the specific memory, but have to try hard enough to truly remember that memory. also the lights and sounds in some memories provoked great experience and emotion along with Desmond`s monologues and with other Conversations that have taken place.

The new Brotherhood also added a lot more character to the Recruits, in how you might look at a recruit and say "Oh yeah that was the guy who found his wife killed" or "that's the guy I raced" It really fleshes out the whole system, but it is still far from perfect.

The game certainly delivered for me and I agree that some critics truly underrated this game, while the bland Call of duty gets a MUCH higher score..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
I agree with the OP, although the marketing kinda showed too much, I still greatly enjoyed the game.
The Den defense added a nice change of pace to the game and was a warm welcome, My gripe on it, though was that there wasn't more of it, however; I liked the raising of its difficulty and unlocks over the course of the game.

The story was very well written in my opinion, and didn't stretch out too much to include some poor character progression present in some characters of the past game. also the story slightly returned to its roots of the shades of grey of the war between the Templars and Assassins, not necessarily openly like in Assassins Creed I, but still presented situations were I truly questioned Ezio`s actions.

I absolutely loved the Desmond missions. they introduced a new gameplay element that was very risky in my opinion and may not be well received, but certainly delivered to me a great experience. I enjoyed the whole concept of realizing the recollection of a past Memory inside an Animus, the blocks to me represented how sometimes you try to clutch the specific memory, but have to try hard enough to truly remember that memory. also the lights and sounds in some memories provoked great experience and emotion along with Desmond`s monologues along with other Conversations that have taken place.

The new Brotherhood also added a lot more character to the Recruits, in how you might look at a recruit and say "Oh yeah that was the guy who found his wife killed" or "that's the guy I raced" It really fleshes out the whole system, but it is still far from perfect.

The game certainly delivered for me ad I agree that some critics truly underrated this game, while the bland Call of duty gets a MUCH higher score..

Den Defense was out of place. It felt boring and tedious, it did not need any strategy, it was just there for them too say ''Hey, something new!''

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Den Defense was out of place. It felt boring and tedious, it did not need any strategy, it was just there for them too say ''Hey, something new!''
My opinion... yeah I know its tough..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I do not need a IMO at the end for you too understand. Everybody else understands I did not state FACT.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I do not need a IMO at the end for you too understand. Everybody else understands I did not state FACT.
I didn't say you needed an "IMO" at the end of your sentence..what are you talking about ?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:53 PM
You keep telling me ''my opinion'' well, if I cannot respond too your opinion, there would be conversations on here since everybody can say ''my opinion''

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM
You keep telling me ''my opinion'' well, if I cannot respond too your opinion, there would not be conversations on here since everybody can say ''my opinion''
What exactly do you plan to achieve by responding to my opinion ? oh and Red:fixed

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Not much. Just what I believe on the subject.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Not much. Just what I believe on the subject.
You obviously made it clear that you hated Den defense in 100s of your posts. I did not your response..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:00 PM
That does not mean I can respond too your opinion with my opinion on here, really....
By your logic, anybody that dis-agrees with somebody's opinion could say ''My opinion''

Timeaus
07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Overall I think it's good game gameplay was great and story was good too, more emotional than Brotherhood. However, I still thinks Brotherhood has a better story overall.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:05 PM
By the end I did not care about Ezio because of how much they milked him. Instead of being ''We will miss you'' I was more like ''YES! YES! GIVE US SOMEBODY ELSE!''

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:06 PM
That does not mean I *cant respond too your opinion with my opinion on here, really....
By your logic, anybody that dis-agrees with somebody's opinion could say ''My opinion''
Wow.. You actually took longer than 30 seconds to respond, I'm impressed..

You made sure to have your opinion known regarding Den defense, further input was not necessary to my post, because it is simply repetitive and achieved nothing than you flailing around your "opinion". and by your logic, I should go around all your posts hating on den defense and say "Ooooh den defense was awesome" It simply achieves nothing, but boost your post count, so sorta spamming ?

again, you are arguing something irrelevant to what i`m trying to get through, which is no, once you made your opinion clear, you do not have to go around every other post that disagrees with your opinion and give your input.. and again Red=Fixed

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:07 PM
But I can propose my opinion too you to see what you will have on it.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:10 PM
But I can propose my opinion *to you *too, to see what you will have on it.
That doesn't make any sense..

My have on your opinion will be the same as the post you replied to, so it still achieved nothing..oh and uhh Red=fixed.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Not sure what you achieve with the red other than having too type more....
Maybe your counter argument will be different than others, just like if you propose different laws too different countries you will have different re-action.

misterB2001
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM
as i said before it came out, its purpose was to tide us over until AC3 came out, it had promise, but didn't quite deliver on so many levels.

Some people slate Brotherhood and Revelations, but if they hadn't been released, it would have been a long and boring 3 years....

TheHumanTowel
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM
M is right Hasoon. You're adding nothing to the discussion by just repeating your opinion to everyone.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Not sure what you achieve with the red other than having *to type more....
Maybe your counter argument will be different than others`, just like if you propose different laws to different countries; you will have a different re-action.
I like typing more, and i LOVE to correct people, I'm a senior so I should act like one and some advice here or there wont hurt. also i like to share my vast knowledge of the English Language with other people:)

and No my "counter argument" is of accepted fact around the globe, which includes here. (Once you`v made your opinion known, you shouldnt have to reply to EVERY post you disagree with to show your input... which is already known) get me someone who disagrees with this sentence Red=fixed

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
as i said before it came out, its purpose was to tide us over until AC3 came out, it had promise, but didn't quite deliver on so many levels.

Some people slate Brotherhood and Revelations, but if they hadn't been released, it would have been a long and boring 3 years....

Actually, it would have added WAYYYY more hype too AC III if they did not release Rev, because some people are not ''AC-ed out''
And actually Towel, when you propose something too different people, different outcome.

misterB2001
07-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Actually, it would have added WAYYYY more hype too AC III if they did not release Rev, because some people are not ''AC-ed out''

to you perhaps, but i would always take some new Assassins Creed over no Assassins Creed.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Actually, it would have added WAYYYY more hype *too AC III if they did not release Rev, because some people are not ''AC-ed out''
And actually Towel, when you propose something too different people, different outcome.
He and I are not proposing.. We are telling you a widely accepted norm..
Bring me someone that agrees with what you say and disagrees with my sentence and I`ll gladly take back what I said and apologize..

Red=fixed

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
to you perhaps, but i would always take some new Assassins Creed over no Assassins Creed.

I think for most people when a series they love takes a break, the excitement is high because they will finally get another one.
EDIT: The Den Defense thing?

misterB2001
07-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I think for most people when a series they love takes a break, the excitement is high because they will finally get another one.

considering the amount of hype AC3 is getting and the ridiculously high amounts of pre-orders, i don't see how a gap of 3 years could have enhanced that any more?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
The hype would be more tho, just like AC II. 2 years gap and the hype was BIG.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:31 PM
No, how you shouldn't reply to every post that disagrees with your opinion to show your input on it, while having constantly made clear that you hated Den defense.

Oh ? no fixed ? getting better, but you`re lagging behind in terms of speed of replies :/ sad..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Mostly because I am watching a video.....
When you show that you dis-agree with someone on something, he will respond. When you respond too somebody else about the subject, his reasons/reply will differ. Multiple POV's.

misterB2001
07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
The hype would be more tho, just like AC II. 2 years gap and the hype was BIG.no way of proving it really though is there?

Revelations & Brotherhood brought a lot of new people into the series and increased the fan base.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Mostly because I am watching a video.....
When you show that you dis-agree with someone on something, he will respond. When you respond too somebody else about the subject, his reasons/reply will differ. Multiple POV's.
Yes, different opinions from different people ONCE, and not to every post that disagrees with your opinion. you really aren't getting anywhere with this; you`re just running around a dead tree to no end.

What I said is a widely accepted fact. deal with it..

twenty_glyphs
07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
The problem for me was that Revelations was good, but fell well short of the rest of the series. It was shorter than Brotherhood with very few compelling new features and very little side content. Several gameplay features returned and got really stale with age, such as the city renovation system. Many of the gameplay systems that changed were for the worse, such as the notoriety system and Eagle Vision.

The lack of story development is a big problem that is apparent everywhere, from Ezio's overall story arc being too simplistic and straightforward to there being no story context or development for any of the side content, such as the factions, the city renovations, the Animus data fragments, the Ishak Pasha memoir pages and the Ishak Pasha armor. The Animus data fragments looked intriguing, and apparently Desmond needed to collect them to unlock the memory gates on Animus Island, but the game never bothered to explain what they were. I'm talking about just one little conversation like the short conversation you hear when Rebecca, Shaun and Lucy introduce the glyphs in AC2 or the Rifts in ACB. You go around collecting ten pages of Ishak Pasha's memoirs, but there's nothing for you to read as a reward. AC2 and ACB had similar collectibles that rewarded you with something to read that expanded the scope and mystery of the AC universe (more about Alta´r's life and discoveries in AC2, and the story of Julius Caesar being an Assassin who discovered Juno's Temple in ACB). In Revelations, the collectibles are just there to have something else to check off the list of features to bring back from previous games. There's also no story behind Ishak Pasha's armor -- it's just the reward at the end of a platforming level that shows up on your map after you collect his memoir pages. Ezio doesn't even say a word when you get the armor. Seemingly this guy was a great Assassin, but they never even bother to tell you anything about him.

Revelations also never felt like it fit into the overall tone of the series. It started with changes to characters' faces and voice actors, and continued through to having two different musical styles intertwined throughout the game. The story itself lost so much of its mystery and charm that the series was known for. Brotherhood certainly didn't answer any questions that we already had, but at least it had some cool story developments and generated a great feeling of mystery between Ezio's time with the Apple, the Truth and Desmond's story in 2012. Revelations not only didn't answer questions, it didn't even generate new ones or new mysteries for us to try to solve.

In short, Revelations is an Assassin's Creed game on the surface, but it's lacking much of the heart and soul that made AC2 and ACB great. You can just tell that the game was rushed so they could have an AC product in 2011. It was the shortest AC game with the least developed story and side content of the series, and was also the buggiest AC game to date. The final nail in the coffin for the game was that it was named "Revelations" and the marketing promised that many of our questions about the story would be answered. The game then proceeded to add almost nothing of value to the overall story of Assassin's Creed while also ignoring the most pressing questions in the series, like what happened to Lucy and why, hints about what Desmond's purpose is, and what all of Subject 16's ramblings and Truths were about. The game itself teased us by showing Subject 16 himself, but then it just ignored one of the most important plots of the series. The obvious reason is because the answers are still to come in AC3, and Revelations was just a rushed-together stopgap game that couldn't delve much deeper into the story without ruining the climax of the AC trilogy in AC3. That just shows me that Revelations' existence was not really necessary. It was decent fun and had some things going for it, but for me it felt too rushed and tacked on to the series.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I never displayed my opinion toward Den Defence too you. I was expecting a reply that is different that what I would have gotten before, not a dead end ''my opinion'' reply.
Mister@ Rev sold 6 million I think? compared too the 9 million of ACII and AC:B, and 8 of AC1.

TheHumanTowel
07-09-2012, 10:40 PM
No, how you shouldn't reply to every post that disagrees with your opinion to show your input on it, while having constantly made clear that you hated Den defense.

Oh ? no fixed ? getting better, but you`re lagging behind in terms of speed of replies :/ sad..
Yeah I agree

TheHumanTowel
07-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Yes, different opinions from different people ONCE, and not to every post that disagrees with your opinion. you really aren't getting anywhere with this; you`re just running around a dead tree to no end.

What I said is a widely accepted fact. deal with it..
Yeah I agree

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:42 PM
....And you say I am spamming....
And no, if by ''widely accepted fact'' is that people like Den Defense, that is just so wrong....you could like it, fine, but the general opinion is that it was bad.

TheHumanTowel
I never displayed my opinion toward Den Defence too you. I was expecting a reply that is different that what I would have gotten before, not a dead end ''my opinion'' reply.
Mister@ Rev sold 6 million I think? compared too the 9 million of ACII and AC:B, and 8 of AC1.
Yeah I disagree

Assassin_M
I never displayed my opinion toward Den Defence to you. I was expecting a reply that is different that what I would have gotten before, not a dead end ''my opinion'' reply.

Wow.. what are you doing, dude ? xD
Your reply was directly beneath mine, and you said it yourself, man "I wanted to see what you`ll have on my opinion" just Wow.. If that's not displaying your opinion towards mine, then I don't know what is..and you really should drop this, you`re getting absolutely nowhere with it.

SixKeys
07-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Jesus Christ, M and Hasoon, can you try not to derail every thread with your petty arguments? Take it to PM, please. I'm in this thread to read about people's opinions on the game, not to watch you correct each other's typos.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Wow.. what are you doing, dude ? xD
Your reply was directly beneath mine, and you said it yourself, man "I wanted to see what you`ll have on my opinion" just Wow.. If that's not displaying your opinion towards mine, then I don't know what is..and you really should drop this, you`re getting absolutely nowhere with it.

The first time I directed it towards you was in this thread, and you simply replied with: ''You said it before'' I explained why, and you kept saying the same thing.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:45 PM
....And you say I am spamming....
And no, if by ''widely accepted fact'' is that people like Den Defense, that is just so wrong....you could like it, fine, but the general opinion is that it was bad.
That`s not the accepted fact i`m telling; i`m saying that "telling your opinion more than once to every one that disagrees with you is unnecessary"

That`s the fact that everyone agrees with..Learn to read thoroughly ? and actually you are the one keeping this going.. not me

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
The first time I directed it towards you was in this thread, and you simply replied with: ''You said it before'' I explained why, and you kept saying the same thing.

I already knew your opinion from reading through this thread and others, so it was still unnecessary, and sorry SixKeys for derailing the thread, I will no longer reply to Hasooon regarding this subject as my case is rested..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Not really, even tho I could go on, dont want the thread too end with a lock.

Layytez
07-09-2012, 10:49 PM
This is why I rarely post on here....

Turul.
07-09-2012, 10:49 PM
same **** different day.

OT: i really did like the bomb system, even though some of them were extremely similar and downright unnecessary, but i found them very usefull

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 10:50 PM
This is why I rarely post on here....
Again, guys, I apologize for this..
truly sorry..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 10:54 PM
same **** different day.

OT: i really did like the bomb system, even though some of them were extremely similar and downright unnecessary, but i found them very usefull

The problem is they really did not have any use. The only reason I crafted any bombs is because I hate seeing empty spots in my inventory, and I generally only used them post game out of boredom + trophies.

Captain Tomatoz
07-09-2012, 11:01 PM
I really enjoyed ACR. The one problem I had with it was that it had almost zero side missions. They had the bases for the factions, which could have been the main mission giving area, but barely used them. It's like they ran out of time (which is understandable considering the development time). I think having more side missions would have greatly increased the game time and added more reason to explore the city other than my adventurous nature :). I think one problem with den defence was that it was too easy to avoid. You just had to place a master assassin at a base and boom! no more den defence.

Also I really don't see the problem with the Desmond/Clay puzzle things. The scenery looked beautiful, especially the river Styx from the Lost Archive. And I voice overs from Desmond with the subtle images and shapes making up his memory was a brilliant idea and worked really well.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I really enjoyed ACR. The one problem I had with it was that it had almost zero side missions. They had the bases for the factions, which could have been the main mission giving area, but barely used them. It's like they ran out of time (which is understandable considering the development time). I think having more side missions would have greatly increased the game time and added more reason to explore the city other than my adventurous nature :). I think one problem with den defence was that it was too easy to avoid. You just had to place a master assassin at a base and boom! no more den defence.

Also I really don't see the problem with the Desmond/Clay puzzle things. The scenery looked beautiful, especially the river Styx from the Lost Archive. And I voice overs from Desmond with the subtle images and shapes making up his memory was a brilliant idea and worked really well.

The scenery was great, but the core gameplay made it fall short. And BH was developed in a year and had ALOT of content.

SixKeys
07-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I liked the diversion bombs, those felt like real assassin tools to me. Distract the guards with a light smoke and sneak past unnoticed. The ones meant to create big confusion or loud bangs less so, but they were still fun to mess around with. The only thing I was disappointed about was that before the game came out, the devs were claiming there would be hundreds of different combinations and that there would be plenty of experimentation involved, that certain rare ingredients could only be found in limited quantities so you would have to be careful not to waste them. Ultimately if you kept sending your assassins to conquer cities, you would never run out of ingredients, there were only a handful of possible combinations and if one combination didn't yield the desired results, you could easily resupply and change your bombs, without actually having to adapt and learn from the experience. For example some of the tombs/lairs had several bomb-crafting stations. It would have been more challenging if you entered a tomb and they gave you a set of fixed ingredients, in limited quantities and you would have to figure out which combination would best work to your advantage. Instead it was: "crap, ran out of diversion bombs. Oh well, good thing there's this bomb-crafting station right around the corner so I can resupply!".

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:20 PM
And there were alot of them. I almost never ran out because I knew behind that wall there is a station.

Timeaus
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I find it funny that you can actually add more bombs to your inventory without going to the crating stations, so I don't know why they put in the bomb capacity thing in. Basically you can use way more than 3 or 4 bombs (which is how much you allowed to carry) at once. One time I got bored and decided to throw like a crazy amount of smoke screen bombs randomly into the street, it was ridiculous.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I find it funny that you can actually add more bombs to your inventory without going to the crating stations, so I don't know why they put in the bomb capacity thing in. Basically you can use way more than 3 or 4 bombs (which is how much you allowed to carry) at once. One time I got bored and decided to throw like a crazy amount of smoke screen bombs randomly into the street, it was ridiculous.

Wait...what? how? the only other way I know is the Black Market dude.

Timeaus
07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Wait...what? how? the only other way I know is the Black Market dude.

Haha you didn't know that, basically you just pull up the weapon menu and go to the bomb slots and press X on the PS3 to add more bombs to your slot.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh....I thought you meant as in infinite bombs that never finish.
If there more times where you actually needed them, would have had a bit more worth too carry 3 bombs of each other than the sake of it.

Timeaus
07-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I just find it ridiculous how they designed the game so that you can only carry 3 or 4 bombs at once but that not really the case seeing how you can just pull up the weapon menu and add more bombs instantly with you ran out, so it really depends on how much supplies to have.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:49 PM
And supplies can NEVER end if you have control of the cities.

Timeaus
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah man, on that one mission where you kill Tarik and had to escape the camp afterward but there were so many annoying Janissaries. I just basically throw splinter or poison bombs at them and got out without ever being hit once.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:56 PM
You did not actually have to. Just run on the sides and that's it.

Timeaus
07-10-2012, 12:03 AM
I know that, I just don't like the Janissaries so I decided to kill them all.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I dont know why, but I dislike they're costume, because of that darn mask...

TaleraRis
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
I had fun with Revelations, but it's definitely my least favorite of the series. I hated Den Defense, and I was glad there was an out to it. The Master Assassin missions I loved and felt it was too bad they ended when you had all your Dens covered. I hated the Desmond sequences, and never actually finished them, and I've only read up on Lost Archive because I hated the Desmond sequences so much. The game was definitely thin on side missions. I take a week off work when a new Assassin's Creed game comes out, and I was done earlier than I should have been.

I actually enjoy rebuilding the city. I was glad to see that return. And Ezio's story was okay, but I was happy to see more of Altair. Plus the final scene with him was so emotional I actually teared up.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:20 AM
I had fun with Revelations, but it's definitely my least favorite of the series. I hated Den Defense, and I was glad there was an out to it. The Master Assassin missions I loved and felt it was too bad they ended when you had all your Dens covered. I hated the Desmond sequences, and never actually finished them, and I've only read up on Lost Archive because I hated the Desmond sequences so much. The game was definitely thin on side missions. I take a week off work when a new Assassin's Creed game comes out, and I was done earlier than I should have been.

I actually enjoy rebuilding the city. I was glad to see that return. And Ezio's story was okay, but I was happy to see more of Altair. Plus the final scene with him was so emotional I actually teared up.
What did I just read....? Somebody other than me that dis-liked the sequences on this forum O:?

TaleraRis
07-10-2012, 01:21 AM
What did I just read....? Somebody other than me that dis-liked the sequences on this forum O:?

The Desmond sequences? I hated them. I got so fed up with them I didn't finish and just watched them on Youtube. I hope we never see those again.

I hated them MORE than Den Defense, and I really hated Den Defense.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Not sure if I hated it more than Den Defense, I hated that so much I think it is equal....
I finished them for the trophies tho :nonchalance:

TaleraRis
07-10-2012, 01:38 AM
I hated them more than Den Defense because I had an out to Den Defense. Plus I wanted to *play* Desmond's memories not that...whatever...that we got.

BBALive
07-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Hated the Desmond sequences, hated Den Defence, didn't mind the rest. Sadly, the lack of change and the bad parts of the game make it one of the worst games in the series.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:39 AM
I dont know who thought making blocks out of no where for a gameplay mode is a good idea.

De Filosoof
07-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Personally I think that AC: Revelations is way underrated.

I think that it had a great end for Ezio trilogy, closed Altair story and made me more intrested in Desmond storyline.
I also think that it looks beautiful and the gameplay is really fun.
I know there wasn't so much improvment from Brotherhood but I think that it's important for every AC series fan to play this game.

So, why do people think that AC: Revelations is not a good game?!

Many reasons for me actually...

1. The subject 16 stuff had some great potential but they basically wasted it.
2. Lucy's death explained in DLC.
3. Den defense.
4. Awefully easy combat with just a press on the hookblade button.
5. No more tombs/lairs side story.
6. The grey area they tried to portray between the templars and assassins was horribly done with major story flaws.
7. No glyph puzzles.
8. They could have put just 30 data fragments in the game because collecting the other 70 fragments was totally useless.
9. Very short story and too much tutorial missions in the main storyline.
10. Not the same mysterious feeling the other ACs had.
11. Hollywood cheese.
11. All in all, it felt kinda rushed.

I still enjoyed the game though:D.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Subject 16 was a huge anti-climax, with a cheesy ''GO!''

Iwasser
07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I agree that it was short and it could have been better but still this AC game does not deserve such critics.
The gameplay was still fun, the missions were cool and the ending was incredible, fantastic, awsome.

I think that we all as Assassin's Creed lovers can't way to play AC3 and it will probably be the most awsome game in this awsome series but still
AC Revelations was fun and really gave us a nice closure for Altair and Ezio before moving on to mighty Connor. :cool:

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I feel if they included AC:R in AC:B, it would be much better.

pirate1802
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I liked revelations.. probably because I wasn't hyped like I am for AC3. xD

pirate1802
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM

Agreed. ACB+ACR would have made a game that would have challenged AC2 IMO. Both in quantity and quality.

doogsy91
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Revelations is a stain on the AC name because:

1. It had a very tedious and unremarkable story. At least in Brotherhood we still had Rodrigo as a direct link from ACII.
2. Den Defence.
3. Bomb crafting just added clutter and giving frags to enemy guards was a very bad idea.
4. Dialogue was deplorable and Ezio lost a lot of his character.
5. Not only did they keep the awful rebuilding system from Brotherhood, they decided to add 25% notoriety every time you bought a shop which in turn increased the frequency of den defences.

And many other little things.

D.I.D.
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Not necessarily.

It depends on what you're proposing. If they'd simply been packaged as one story, with each story being exactly as they are now, then it would still be a game with a second half I don't like and I would only replay the Rome story.

However, if they'd kept the same staff and creative director working on Brotherhood through Revelations, then the Istanbul half would probably have turned out a lot better than it did.

Ragnarok0130
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I just picked ACR back up last night after many months of sitting on my shelf, and as a huge fan of the series I can honestly say that the horrible den defense mini game that is completely out of place in AC games coupled with the changes to the notoriety system (why can't I bribe every herald when I see him instead of waiting for the "bribe herald" sign on the mini-map so I can renovate anything I want when I want?) that triggers the den defense made the game more tedious than prevous editions. My only real focus is to lock dens to prevent the horrible den defense game before I can truly enjoy the game. I also loath the Desmond platforming sequences and may skip them and the lost archive completely since they are also as out of place in this game as the den defense. Ezio also looked like he had on a winter robe the whole time or he just had bad posture, I mean he's 50 not 80 in this game. I love the fact that we are back in the middle east like in the first game, although I am perplexed that they changed Altair's voice but kept Al Mualim's voice the same. This is nit-pickey but to me Altair sounds like AC1 (not the Altair hand held games) just like Ezio has his own voice in AC II, ACB, and ACR. The graphics on ACR to me also seem to be worse than the stunning graphics in AC1.

EzioAssassin51
07-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Subject 16 was a huge anti-climax, with a cheesy ''GO!''

Why do you feel the need to comment on and reply to every post in every thread?

As for me, I liked ACR. It's my least favourite AC Game if I HAD to choose one but that's not saying I didn't like it. I had few gripes about the games, those being Den Defense, which was ok, and Ezio's long as kill animations. Other than those, I quite liked the game, especially for it's increased difficulty in comparison to the previous 2 games. And I found the bombs fun to use :D

The graphics on ACR to me also seem to be worse than the stunning graphics in AC1.

Seriously?

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I think ac1 looked better than acr. If you pay attention to Altair's outfit in ACR and AC1, you'll know it is inaccurate in ACR. Also, they don't have the right languages.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Why do you feel the need to comment on and reply to every post in every thread?

As for me, I liked ACR. It's my least favourite AC Game if I HAD to choose one but that's not saying I didn't like it. I had few gripes about the games, those being Den Defense, which was ok, and Ezio's long as kill animations. Other than those, I quite liked the game, especially for it's increased difficulty in comparison to the previous 2 games. And I found the bombs fun to use :D

Seriously?

....Why not?
No, I really was expecting more in depth with 16, after every Sequence I awaited seeing 16, then suddenly some deletion and a cheesy GO!

EzioAssassin51
07-11-2012, 06:46 AM
....Why not?
No, I really was expecting more in depth with 16, after every Sequence I awaited seeing 16, then suddenly some deletion and a cheesy GO!

Because, as countless people have outlined in countless threads, you are often repeating yourself and making no contribution or going on about pointless crap in a discussion with someone, hence creating spam!

And that seriously wasn't directed to you, if you saw the second quote in my post

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Where am I repeating myself? where did I talk about 16?

tarrero
07-11-2012, 08:00 AM
it is my least favorite, despite the fact that Constantinople is a GREAT city, the one I like the most probably.....
But lets see my low points:

1 Platforming being integrated to the main quest, and therefore, few interesting side quests aside from the recruit missions.
2 FFS and den defense I mean, I appreciate the effort of including new gameplay stuff, but to me were awful, I am glad it is gone.
3 Subject sixteen: He had so much potential, after all, there was ALOT of hyped about him for 3 games, and when he was shown, I was like "meh".
4 The death of lucy, one of the most unexpected moment of the series, explained VERY briefly, -at least at this point- through an already short publicized dlc that not many people knew and cared about,.... Not even ubisoft, considering the fact that AC3 was announced like two weeks later.......

However, from ALL the we have of AC3, I understand why revelations felt that filler-ish..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 08:03 AM
it is my least favorite, despite the fact that Constantinople is a GREAT city, the one I like the most probably.....
But lets see my low points:

1 Platforming being integrated to the main quest, and therefore, few interesting side quests aside from the recruit missions.
2 FFS and den defense I mean, I appreciate the effort of including new gameplay stuff, but to me were awful, I am glad it is gone.
3 Subject sixteen: He had so much potential, after all, there was ALOT of hyped about him for 3 games, and when he was shown, I was like "meh".
4 The death of lucy, one of the most unexpected moment of the series, explained VERY briefly, -at least at this point- through an already short publicized dlc that not many people knew and cared about,.... Not even ubisoft, considering the fact that AC3 was announced like two weeks later.......

However, from ALL the info we what seen from AC3, you understand why revelations felt that filler-ish..

Also, the platfomring levels themselves felt more meh-ish compared to the ones from the past, and Lucy's death should have been explained in the main game. I dont really understand why it is in DLC....and, they did not even talk about it pre-release, so many people dont even know it is in the DLC.

doogsy91
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
And then there's the 10 minute long hand to hand freefall boss battle over the side of a cliff which didn't even result in one of them dying. Now that would have been an awesome way for Ezio to go out!:cool:

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 11:00 AM
It sucked because tower defence is awful and bomb making is uneeded, I threw about 3 bombs in my whole play through and tbf there were few revelations.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Also, why cant we for once kill the evil guy?
Always some kind of interruption, we only killed him in BH..

Zrvan
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Why do people hate ACR?

All I hear is this hurricane of complaining about a very good game, and I wonder why. I certainly have complaints about the game (Lack of revelations, some impenetrable game play info), but they're tiny squeaks compared to the roaring might of the base game.

I smell entitlement. I don't hear a lot of discussion about awful this game could have been . . . It could have been a clunky, poorly executed expansion pack to 2.

And to those of you who hated on the Black Room, stop talking like that's the only sensible opinion to have. I loved the Black Room, and I don't imagine i'm alone.

Additionally, when was the last time you got to play a video game set in Turkey?

When it comes to underrated, i'm having trouble thinking of a game as underrated as ACR. I hear all these complaints, and i wonder why Ubisoft gets all this grief over doing something awesome, when companies like Nintendo can apparently do no wrong.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Why do people hate ACR?

All I hear is this hurricane of complaining about a very good game, and I wonder why. I certainly have complaints about the game (Lack of revelations, some impenetrable game play info), but they're tiny squeaks compared to the roaring might of the base game.

I smell entitlement. I don't hear a lot of discussion about awful this game could have been . . . It could have been a clunky, poorly executed expansion pack to 2.

And to those of you who hated on the Black Room, stop talking like that's the only sensible opinion to have. I loved the Black Room, and I don't imagine i'm alone.

Additionally, when was the last time you got to play a video game set in Turkey?

When it comes to underrated, i'm having trouble thinking of a game as underrated as ACR. I hear all these complaints, and i wonder why Ubisoft gets all this grief over doing something awesome, when companies like Nintendo can apparently do no wrong.
This.

Steww-
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
In an excellent interview with Jeffrey Yohalem (if memory serves me, it's this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JG33LMEzKI - but I haven't listened to it for a long time, so I'm not sure), I believe he said that originally TLA was part of Revelations. This would have been perfect. It would have given Subject 16 more meaning in the game, and we would have had a Revelation. Then the Desmond gameplay would have been nice DLC for those who liked the way the missions were structured.
Personally, I do. I certainly can't think of a better way to present these details, and the fact they were able to work in all the hidden messages made it even better.

As for the actual game, I still enjoyed it. Minus the lack of random events.
I found bombs were a fun distraction to play around with.
I liked the brotherhood.
I enjoyed playing as Altair.
I thought the emphasis on the art was clever, since they were obviously limited by the lack of time to produce the game.

Main downsides were obviously den defence being quite boring (though thankfully you could get away with playing it once), and the sound glitch.

Edit: I forgot to answer the question xD
Yes. I think AC:R is underrated. I found it very fun, and most of the criticisms only arise from things that come from production time - which was out of their control really.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Why do people hate ACR?

I smell entitlement.

How is it entitlement, when you don't like something, in fact no one has said they hate all of the game, they are only saying it is inferior to the other games, bar AC1 of course.

Steww-
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
And he has just argued the point that it isn't inferior.

It's entitlement because people want the perfect game, when they got a perfectly good one.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
And he has just argued the point that it isn't inferior.

It's entitlement because people want the perfect game, when they got a perfectly good one.

It is not entitlement to dislike something.

Steww-
07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Read his post again.

"It is not entitlement to dislike something."
Why do people seem to dislike it? Because of a sense of entitlement.
There is a link between the two.

Iwasser
07-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I know that we all as AC series fans want the perfect game like AC3 would be and AC revelations wasn't perfect but still
the ending was incredible, amazing, fantastic and still the gameplay was a lot of fun so why people criticize this great game so much?
I know people that are actually not going to play AC3 because they didn't like AC Revelations and I seriously don't know how they decided this awfully stupid decision..

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Read his post again.

"It is not entitlement to dislike something."
Why do people seem to dislike it? Because of a sense of entitlement.
There is a link between the two.
Yes but that statement is wrong, People who dislike the game dislike it because they feel they didn't enjoy parts of the gameplay and elements of the plot in the game they got, they are not disliking it because they feel they should have got a different game, nor are they demanding the ubisoft change this game or parts of it. It is perfectly fine to say what you did or did not like, people throw around the word entitlement too much.

Steww-
07-11-2012, 02:48 PM
He is saying that people view the game as poor out of a sense of entitlement, despite the fact that it is actually good. He gives reasons for this opinion.

They need to give reasons of why the game is as poor as people claim, not just respond like:
"How is it entitlement, when you don't like something, in fact no one has said they hate all of the game, they are only saying it is inferior to the other games, bar AC1 of course."
I don't think that's a justified response, due to the point I make in the first line of this post.

It was a good post from Zrvan, so I'm sorry that I've ended up reducing our discussion to the use of one word.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 02:55 PM
He is saying that people view the game as poor out of a sense of entitlement, despite the fact that it is actually good. He gives reasons for this opinion.

They need to give reasons of why the game is as poor as people claim, not just respond like:
"How is it entitlement, when you don't like something, in fact no one has said they hate all of the game, they are only saying it is inferior to the other games, bar AC1 of course."
I don't think that's a justified response, due to the point I make in the first line of this post.

It was a good post from Zrvan, so I'm sorry that I've ended up reducing our discussion to the use of one word.

Yes but people have given a multitude of reason why the didn't like the game and because he doesn't agree with them he calls them entitled, when it is in fact perfectly fine for them not to like it.

Steww-
07-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Right, this is gonna be my last response on the topic, since it's a circle now. You can have the last word if you want ;)

It is fine for them to dislike it, but not when the dislike is based on entitlement. That's where his disagreement stems from, which is perfectly acceptable.
I don't think the reasons are particularly strong to view it as the worst game in the series (even excluding AC1), so for people to be so critical, a sense of entitlement does seem like the best way to explain it.

Summary: While the game is perfectly fine, a sense of entitlement has meant overly-harsh criticism.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
When I compare it with other previous games, I feel it is inferior, and I base my judgment on how I enjoyed the gameplay and plot elements of the other games and this one, now I am not saying I didn't enjoy this game, only that I didn't enjoy it as much as previous games If you think that is entitlement, then we will have to agree to disagree. (Excluding AC1 of course)

SixKeys
07-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Why do people hate ACR?

People have given perfectly valid reasons for their dislike of the game. You don't have to agree with them, but it's silly to claim that just because someone disagrees with you they must be wrong.

It wasn't a bad game on its own, but by AC standards it was disappointing. The games have come to be known for their meticulous attention to detail, freedom of play style, innovation and hours of side content. ACR was glitchy and rushed, all main missions were linear, there were barely any new additions to the core gameplay and virtually no side missions. As far as I'm concerned, ACR was a clunky, poorly executed expansion pack to AC2.

Also, what difference does the game's location make if the game itself isn't very fun? There aren't a whole lot of games set in Finland either, but that doesn't mean that the next game to be set there automatically must be good.

imonthenet
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I get the feeling that Revelations should never have been a full console title. The story was one that would have fit nicely into a 3DS game like the original Constantinople story did, and the improvements were marginal.

However, I am thankful that Revelations actually existed. For a successful established franchise, it is both difficult to make changes and not, for fear of alienating or boring the fans. With Revelations being directed and written by new people I got the feeling Ubisoft wished to try some new things before hitting us with ACIII in 2012. This allowed them to try den-defence and first person sequences (which were are bit of a risk for a game it's genre) before realsing that what was the new additions were mostly unwelcome and the old stuff was getting, well, old. I know that ACIII has been in development since long before they could have gotten feedback from Revelations but fan feedback does matter, and if the first sequence sequences had been a hit, I could've seen an evolution of it returning (much like the recruiting feature).

Personally though, I have mixed reactions about ACR. I enjoyed it greatly despite it's many flaws. Although I disliked that a major plot reveal in was released a DLC, I still bought TLA and enjoyed it so arguing against it would make me a hypocrite (something I try not to be). I can forgive Ubisoft for all of ACR​'s flaws at the end of the day, because I believe that it was just Alex Amancio's artistic vision didn't quite match mine.

To me the ultimate summary of ACR would be: buy it, just not for full price.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-11-2012, 05:00 PM
The problem with ACR's plot is that ATM, it kind of seems pointless. We DID know the NY Temple coordinates already and the Assassin's set off to the location immediately so it ain't like we needed Jupiter to tell Desmond "go to NY" to move the story. But some stuff Jupiter said may be key to unlocking the Temple so we'll see how ACR will fit exactly after AC3 releases

Iwasser
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm not arguing if AC Revelations is a good game or not, everyone has a different opinion and I can't say: "His opinion is wrong" because I don't think like him.
My point is that even if AC Revelations had some flaws people shouldn't judge the whole AC amazing series just for some flaws in one game,
and overreact by saying that they were so disappointed that they are not going to play AC3.

I think that it's their loss for missing such an awsome game as AC3 would be but I still think that people shouldn't overreact and boycott AC games because they didn't like one game,
although I think that it's a great game but that's my opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
AC:R was supposed too be a 3DS game (I think) so go figure.

SteelCity999
07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
The biggest problem with AC:R was the lack of side quests and other add-ons that have been present with the previous 2 games. Granted, the gameplay fit the story (which was good) but it was so short and shallow that it felt like what it truly was - a 3DS game. AC:B was much more of a full game but it lacked a truly geniune story that got you involved - what was there felt like an opportunity to try and make it interesting but really didn't. The brotherhood additions were nice but should have been in AC:B. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes about 1 year cycles - becuase both games could have been sooo much better if given a bit more time. Alot of the extras seemed tacked on to me. MP was a nice improvement from AC:B to AC:R, however, and I hope to see another nice improvement to AC3.

Felix-Vivo
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Hitler didn't like AC:R.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I think if AC:B and AC:R, were put together, they would be a much better game. But they would have gotten less money :nonchalance: