PDA

View Full Version : Movies similar to AC2?

WolfTemplar94
07-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know of any movies that replicate the same feel as AC2/Brotherhood set in the Renaissance?

DylanJosh9
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
lmao ^

Nader-Abudiix
07-09-2012, 03:06 PM
The tackle shown in the clips on the UFC trailer.
i think he meant movies not moves

back to your question, i recently watched the three musketeers and in the begining of the movie they were in renaissance italy and venice looked exactly like its from AC 2

WolfTemplar94
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
The tackle shown in the clips on the UFC trailer.

Learn to read? I said "movies".

i think he meant movies not moves

back to your question, i recently watched the three musketeers and in the begining of the movie they were in renaissance italy and venice looked exactly like its from AC 2

Any movies that aren't so.... Cheesy?

Legendz54
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
totally read it wrong, its late here...wow you don't need to be so abusive.

WolfTemplar94
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
totally read it wrong, its late here...wow you don't need to be so abusive.

I wasn't being abusive, I was just saying, you suck at reading :)

Legendz54
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I wasn't being abusive, I was just saying, you suck at reading :)

Well i took offence to it, can't you just put it nicer? because the truth is I actually don't suck at reading.

D.I.D.
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Watch the Showtime series The Borgias. There have been two series so far.

You'll see lots of the locations used in AC2 and ACB, and there is a full-time assassin in the employ of Cesare.

GariStz
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Well, here's a scene from a movie called "The Tourist" starring Jonny Depp; It's a little bit edited with AC soundtrack, but you'll get the idea...would this be enough for your taste?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0XLSPifMk&hd=1

RatonhnhakeFan
07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
The Borgias TV series obviously. After playing AC2 and ACB, you will feel like home watching it.

rileypoole1234
07-09-2012, 04:21 PM
The Three Musketeers movie that came out recently reminded me of Assassin's Creed 2.

GariStz
07-09-2012, 05:02 PM
The Three Musketeers movie that came out recently reminded me of Assassin's Creed 2.

Yea! =D
I forgot about that one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38an1IAG1TA&hd=1

D173120T
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Dearie me,Alexander Dumas must be spinning in his grave over that!I does look entertaining however,but not a patch on the ones with Oliver Reed and Roy Kinear.

One film i saw thats good has nothing to do with the time frame but it does have "assassins" in the title and theres plenty of action........................................"13 assassins"

WolfTemplar94
07-09-2012, 05:48 PM
The Borgias TV series obviously. After playing AC2 and ACB, you will feel like home watching it.

I just watched clips of it on Youtube. It looks decent. I'll check it out :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:30 PM
The Borgias received considerable hype, but do keep in mind, it is not as accurate as AC from what I saw, so you may get a good few laughs at ''Hey, that didn't happen...'':p

RatonhnhakeFan
07-09-2012, 08:32 PM
The Borgias received considerable hype, but do keep in mind, it is not as accurate as AC from what I saw, so you may get a good few laughs at ''Hey, that didn't happen...'':pAin't like AC2's cartoony portrayal of Borgias can be considered highly accurate

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
AC II did not display the Borgias much.....other than Rodrigo, but from what I read up, it does have some un-accurate things in terms of history, but it seems a pretty good show.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah I was thinking AC2 + ACB ;P They're almost inseparable

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Next up is anything relating too George Washington, I will be hunting for the Apple in the background...

D.I.D.
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
The Borgias received considerable hype, but do keep in mind, it is not as accurate as AC from what I saw, so you may get a good few laughs at ''Hey, that didn't happen...'':p

It's a lot more accurate than AC. There are things that get conflated, such as the Battle of Forli where they show you events that happened in two separate sieges as one event, and they alter things here and there for the narrative but to say AC is more accurate is way off the mark. The games play pretty loosely with events and people.

[edit] Hold on, are you telling me you watched some of The Borgias and thought, "hey, it didn't happen that way in AC"? If so, I have news for you :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:52 PM
AC is accurate, minus magical apples and some altering events...
Maybe playing too much made me think it is accurate as what happened e.e.. but some events are off~

D.I.D.
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
AC is accurate, minus magical apples and some altering events...
Maybe playing too much made me think it is accurate as what happened e.e.. but some events are off~

A large amount is correct, don't get me wrong. If you read up on the real history, you'll find people died in completely different circumstances, at different times, or even that this person's death has been swapped with that person's. And thank God they do, it's better that way! You haven't really learned history itself though, without double-checking on what they've said. It's an excellent way of getting people interested in history though, and if you happen to know the history in advance then it's great to see how they play with it.

That's why they have that moment in AC1 when Desmond shows a rare bit of intelligence, getting up from the Animus and saying, "That's not how it happened!" only for Vidic to explain that sometimes the history books have been altered deliberately. It's a funny idea which covers them for anything they want to change.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I know, but when you play the games as much as I do, in your head all you want is it too be true...xD
Yeah, deaths have obviously been altered, but alot of the time they died on the same year/time, so it is pretty cool.

D.I.D.
07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I know, but when you play the games as much as I do, in your head all you want is it too be true...xD
Yeah, deaths have obviously been altered, but alot of the time they died on the same year/time, so it is pretty cool.

Yeah, not just deaths, but connections and other stuff too. There's nothing they change that's ever bad, though -- they always do it in service of the story. I often wonder if some kid somewhere has handed in a History paper and left the teacher scratching his or her head, wondering where they got this stuff from :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
One of the reasons I really love AC is I instead of opening any book, I just played AC1 for my test on the Crusades and some wikipedia.
One of the questions involved the Hashashin o;

De Filosoof
07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
The borgias, obviously.

Watched both seasons and the bonfire of vanities is in it :D.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Dunno, looking into history without Assassin's and Templars is odd....kinda like most weapons that are in CoD are always associated with it.