PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3: 10 Improvements We Want To See

eagleforlife1
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Found this piece of trash on the internet::

http://whatculture.com/gaming/assassins-creed-3-10-improvements-we-want-to-see.php

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 08:41 AM
No more hay? you do not deserve too be a fan of the series (Not you)
Useless weapons? subjective.
''Just shut up?'' wow, somebody does not want dialouge.
That idiot does not understand the Hashashin ideology.
...What is wrong with lip syncing? they got it well in Rev and improved it now. He is asking for LA Noire face acting, he does not realize they are not using the same actor faces.
Apparently, the dude sucks at combat so he claims fake advertising.
I did not find Assassination missions repetitive, I heavily missed them in Revelations, and the guilds quests, anybody?
Wow, this dude hates the future storyline. That is what ties it all together, and also, he does not like the death scenes?
Those are some of the best parts.
/facepalm The multiplayer is something unique and did not detract from single player, two different studios at each.
''Desmond is not involved'' I really got nothing too say. This guy should get fired.

ProletariatPleb
07-08-2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

This is all I can say for that "critic" and his article.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I really felt like using my Tomahawk on him.

masterfenix2009
07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
This is the worst thing I have ever read.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I think we all lost IQ points for reading it.

LoyalACFan
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
10. The hay is ridiculous, nobody's arguing against that, but it's a tradition... Like Metal Gear's infamous cardboard box. It's here and it's staying.

9. The different weapons offer different animations if you want to mix it up every now and then. And really, we only have three core melee weapons anyway- tomahawk, hidden blade, knife. Invalid argument is invalid.

8. So you want every character who isn't absolutely critical to the plot to silently walk around like a mindless zombie? Uh... ok...

7. We did so much with the renovations and stuff in AC2-ACR because Ezio was a banker. He was a fabulously wealthy capitalist living in a city whose economy was floundering under oppressive rule- it made sense that he would manipulate the situation and come out on top. Given the fledgling nature of the colonies and Connor's lack of knowledge about money management, it's a safe bet that the renovations won't be back.

6. Looking at your writing (which is full of weird mistakes), I'm left to assume that English is not your native language. If you played AC in your native language, it might have vocal overdubs with the lip-syncing still set for English. That might be your problem. But the lip-syncing is fine. And they can't use the LA Noire technology, because the voice actor's faces aren't being used for the game models.

5. You suck, and you're blaming the game. If you practice, you can easily get through a fight in one combo, unless those **** janissaries show up.

4. Fair point. ACB's faction contracts got very repetitive, and there weren't enough of them in ACR. But with the advent of hunting, sailing, and (supposedly) random events, there should be plenty of stuff to do on the side.

3. You hate the central plot of Assassin's Creed. Cool. GTFO. You can't really commentate on the series if you're just proposing to gut the entire franchise and built the plot from the ground up, can you?

2. The multiplayer is unique, and since it's developed by a completely different company, you can't pull the "detracts from singleplayer" card.

1. No. No no no. No no no no no no no no no. And... what was that other thing...? Oh yeah... NO.

Captain Tomatoz
07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Why do people hate the modern day story? I remember in AC1, when I first played it, I sometimes found myself wanting to finish the Altair bits quickly to see the next Desmond bit.

WolfTemplar94
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
This was a pretty poor piece of journalism. One of the main rules of journalism is to not confuse opinion with fact, which you did in this article. You obviously don't really get the vibe that the series goes for.... Just a question, what do you see as a good game?

Captain Tomatoz
07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
This was a pretty poor piece of journalism. One of the main rules of journalism is to not confuse opinion with fact, which you did in this article. You obviously don't really get the vibe that the series goes for.... Just a question, what do you see as a good game?

Some people are just impossible to please. Of course AC isn't perfect but the faults he's pointing out are just nit picky.

The assassination missions are varied, of course the bare bones of the missions are "kill this person" but getting to this person was different each mission. Or sometimes you'd kill 3 guards and the next mission you had to kill a somebody and it ended in an ambush. That's just two missions. I just with there was more of them in ACR because I missed them and would have loved to see more ways of assassinating people using zip-wires, bombs etc.

D.I.D.
07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Someone is having different opinions on the internet.

I don't agree with everything the writer said and, sure, a large part of it is plainly controversial for the sake of stirring interest and that's fair enough. Even so, a lot of these points are legitimate.

The hay thing is getting silly. It's a kind of silliness that we think is fun, but we have had threads here where lots of people have questioned the hay bales and asked what, if anything, can replace them. There are many time periods and locations which don't sit well with hay bales, and you wouldn't want to see any settings ruled out because of hay. If you replace them with something else then you're laying bare the mechanics a little too much when the game has been working so hard in other areas to remove the invisible grid.

The weapons did get ridiculous, especially in Revelations, where I and many other people felt like the tools didn't matter anymore; we had way too many weapons, and too many of them meant instant, aim-free, strategy-free success. The makers of ACIII know this too, and have pledged to overhaul that entire problem.

The writer is correct about the dialogue. No matter how much you liked it the first time, the fact that this stuff is unskippable on subsequent plays can be a real pain. Again, Brotherhood and Revelations in particular take a ridiculously long time to just let you in to the real game.

Some people didn't like the financial and recruitment sides. I did, but I can understand easily why other people didn't. A huge number of people didn't like Den Defence, which is the other part of the writer's complaint here. No quarrel from me.

I think the facial animation question is out of line, and I suspect the writer might not be very old and perhaps doesn't understand how unusual LA Noire was and what a struggle this area of game design has been. The whole industry is a long way off cracking the problems, but the AC games from ACII onwards have all been good examples of the upper level of the work at the time of each game's release, and I don't think so many people would have been so captivated by the games had they not been good in that regard. Nonetheless, I can't fault the writer for wanting improvements in the animation, and I'm sure the makers want to achieve better things too.

The combat thing is a little convoluted, but in asking for something that's more like Batman the writer is asking for a more fluid rhythm-based system, and that's exactly what we're getting in ACIII.

I disagree with him somewhat about variety in side missions. Personally I like to play all the side missions, the more the better. Yes, there's overlap, but I can't think of a game with side missions where there is no overlap. Games need it. A player might skip some earlier side mission and only end up playing one side mission of a certain type. Maybe one type of side mission is something another player absolutely loves, and they are overjoyed to get another which is similar to a previous one they enjoyed. I can certainly think of many games that had some fantastic thing that happens, and then I spent the rest of the game in (minor) mourning for that moment.

I'm completely with him on the Desmond business. I feel like the games are saddled with this stereotypical meta-story about TWCB, an idea which could have been so much better, and also Desmond himself. I can't wait for him to die.

I'm not into the multiplayer either. It would take a much less cynical person than myself to believe that MP was introduced with the purest intentions: solely on its own merits, and in no way to prevent used sales or sell extra DLC. I'm less concerned about that than is the writer, and I'm quite happy for the MP to exist since so many people seem to enjoy it. How's the MP doing, by the way? Are there lots of players?

He's kind of doubled up on the Desmond point, but yes. Kill him twice.

masterfenix2009
07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Someone is having different opinions on the internet.

I don't agree with everything the writer said and, sure, a large part of it is plainly controversial for the sake of stirring interest and that's fair enough. Even so, a lot of these points are legitimate.

The hay thing is getting silly. It's a kind of silliness that we think is fun, but we have had threads here where lots of people have questioned the hay bales and asked what, if anything, can replace them. There are many time periods and locations which don't sit well with hay bales, and you wouldn't want to see any settings ruled out because of hay. If you replace them with something else then you're laying bare the mechanics a little too much when the game has been working so hard in other areas to remove the invisible grid.

The weapons did get ridiculous, especially in Revelations, where I and many other people felt like the tools didn't matter anymore; we had way too many weapons, and too many of them meant instant, aim-free, strategy-free success. The makers of ACIII know this too, and have pledged to overhaul that entire problem.

The writer is correct about the dialogue. No matter how much you liked it the first time, the fact that this stuff is unskippable on subsequent plays can be a real pain. Again, Brotherhood and Revelations in particular take a ridiculously long time to just let you in to the real game.

Some people didn't like the financial and recruitment sides. I did, but I can understand easily why other people didn't. A huge number of people didn't like Den Defence, which is the other part of the writer's complaint here. No quarrel from me.

I think the facial animation question is out of line, and I suspect the writer might not be very old and perhaps doesn't understand how unusual LA Noire was and what a struggle this area of game design has been. The whole industry is a long way off cracking the problems, but the AC games from ACII onwards have all been good examples of the upper level of the work at the time of each game's release, and I don't think so many people would have been so captivated by the games had they not been good in that regard. Nonetheless, I can't fault the writer for wanting improvements in the animation, and I'm sure the makers want to achieve better things too.

The combat thing is a little convoluted, but in asking for something that's more like Batman the writer is asking for a more fluid rhythm-based system, and that's exactly what we're getting in ACIII.

I disagree with him somewhat about variety in side missions. Personally I like to play all the side missions, the more the better. Yes, there's overlap, but I can't think of a game with side missions where there is no overlap. Games need it. A player might skip some earlier side mission and only end up playing one side mission of a certain type. Maybe one type of side mission is something another player absolutely loves, and they are overjoyed to get another which is similar to a previous one they enjoyed. I can certainly think of many games that had some fantastic thing that happens, and then I spent the rest of the game in (minor) mourning for that moment.

I'm completely with him on the Desmond business. I feel like the games are saddled with this stereotypical meta-story about TWCB, an idea which could have been so much better, and also Desmond himself. I can't wait for him to die.

I'm not into the multiplayer either. It would take a much less cynical person than myself to believe that MP was introduced with the purest intentions: solely on its own merits, and in no way to prevent used sales or sell extra DLC. I'm less concerned about that than is the writer, and I'm quite happy for the MP to exist since so many people seem to enjoy it. How's the MP doing, by the way? Are there lots of players?

He's kind of doubled up on the Desmond point, but yes. Kill him twice. The only game that I think dragged on with dialogue was AC1. Every other had a perfect amount.
I like the modern day story, and Desmond. I like it better then the ancestors.

D.I.D.
07-08-2012, 12:05 PM
3. You hate the central plot of Assassin's Creed. Cool. GTFO. You can't really commentate on the series if you're just proposing to gut the entire franchise and built the plot from the ground up, can you?

The central plot? I have to disagree there. The early marketing for AC1 didn't make that big a deal about the modern day part, and TWCB hadn't been revealed yet. None of that had any bearing on why I wanted to play the game, and I was almost totally unaware of it.

The central plot to me is whatever's going on in the historical game. The modern day stuff is (mostly unwelcome and increasingly unpalatable) dressing.

I will not be playing Dishonored and wishing it had wisecracking rejects from Abercrombie & Fitch, J Crew and Hot Topic, and nor will I miss outdated sci-fi.

D.I.D.
07-08-2012, 12:07 PM
The only game that I think dragged on with dialogue was AC1. Every other had a perfect amount.
I like the modern day story, and Desmond. I like it better then the ancestors.

But what if I want to start a new game to show a friend why it's so good in, say, ACB or ACR? I'd have to make them sit through 20 minutes of guff to get there.

Aphex_Tim
07-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Why do people hate the modern day story? I remember in AC1, when I first played it, I sometimes found myself wanting to finish the Altair bits quickly to see the next Desmond bit.

Same here. I always found it pretty exciting to sneak out of the bedroom at night and attempt to hack into Vidic's computer; finding out what he's up to.
And eventually gaining access to the conference room which had some pretty good information on Abstergo.

LightRey
07-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't care about his opinions being different from mine. What I care about is the fact that he claims to speak for the fans.

evil9494
07-08-2012, 12:53 PM
This this this article is.... i don't know how to say it, horrible may be? No this is the worst article that I have read for my whole life. It's like to say I hate Raiden from MGS lets remove him or lets remove the Goo from World of Goo!!! WTF who is this stupid guy that wrote this? Why is he risking his job like that or should I ask why is he working this job when he is horrible at it. I just have nothing to say this is unbelievable !@$!#

TheHumanTowel
07-08-2012, 01:07 PM
This idiot wants to strip AC of everything that makes it unique. I can't take anyone seriously who wants to do away with the future part of the story. It's what the whole story is built around, the story in the past makes no sense without the future context. And also take out leaps of faith?! wtf those are awesome and are another defining aspect of the series this guy wants out. Games "Journalism" is a joke.

LightRey
07-08-2012, 01:07 PM
The central plot? I have to disagree there. The early marketing for AC1 didn't make that big a deal about the modern day part, and TWCB hadn't been revealed yet. None of that had any bearing on why I wanted to play the game, and I was almost totally unaware of it.

The central plot to me is whatever's going on in the historical game. The modern day stuff is (mostly unwelcome and increasingly unpalatable) dressing.

I will not be playing Dishonored and wishing it had wisecracking rejects from Abercrombie & Fitch, J Crew and Hot Topic, and nor will I miss outdated sci-fi.
The early marketing didn't bring up the modern day part. It was a surprise. They did that on purpose. It's not that it wasn't important (it was, and still is, essential), but it was kept secret in order to surprise the player with the unique construction of the game's storytelling.

/care. Ubi clearly put it in there with an intention. It has always been an essential part of their storytelling in the main AC games. Just because you find it uninteresting (the guy who wrote this clearly didn't btw) doesn't mean it's unimportant.

relevance?

eagleforlife1
07-08-2012, 01:36 PM

I'd like to make clear that I didn't write this article, I found it on the net. I disagree with everything that is written in it. I notice that other people as well seem to think that I wrote the article and are telling me to GTFO so I probably didn't make this clear in my opening post. Will edit it now.

Captain Tomatoz
07-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd like to make clear that I didn't write this article, I found it on the net. I disagree with everything that is written in it. I notice that other people as well seem to think that I wrote the article and are telling me to GTFO so I probably didn't make this clear in my opening post. Will edit it now.

I was about to say to people that you didn't write the article and you were just posting a link. Suppose that some people must have not read what you put before the link and just read article.

eagleforlife1
07-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Cheers!

Lonesoldier2012
07-08-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/smiley-killing-himself.gif

De Filosoof
07-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Another batman arkham city fanboy.
Just let him play as a guy in a leather suit ziplining through the city.

Not gonna read any further.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 03:28 PM
This was horrible. Everything about it was ridiculous. I don't understand why this guy even plays the game, for he seems to harbor so much hate for everything that makes it good. How can you complain about too many weapons?! It is the responsibility of the player to act in a realistic fashion. If there are 20+ guards and you don't understand how you would survive, it is your responsibility to RUN. If you know a weapon grants you instant win and you don't like it, DON'T DO IT. The underlying plot is the ancestor, not the other way around. That is there because he was forced to, then he had to train, then he had to look for Ezio's POE then he had to fix his mind, then he... we don't know, but, the ancestor has always been forced on him. (Besides him choosing he wants to train to be an assassin) Desmond in my opinion is a fun part of the game that should be longer. It has all built up to this and it's a shame that Desmond's role in ac3 isn't bigger. It has ALL built up to this. To deny that is to deny the series. The hay is a signature part of the game. I always want it to be there, no matter how ridiculous. In the middle of a modern city with sky scrapers and all, HAY. I... thought you had learned this? All things are born of fieno. We need it to feed the horses to go to other cities where trade takes place so that our economy might survive.(AC2 reference btw) I know a lot of people wish that AC was just a historical assassination game, but it isn't. Never has been. I hope it never will be.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
The haybale is iconic. There are many games with silly thing, MGS box? yet if you mention it getting removed, all hell rises on you.

D.I.D.
07-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't care about his opinions being different from mine. What I care about is the fact that he claims to speak for the fans.

Does he, though? I don't see that. I thought "we" meant "WhatCulture! Magazine".

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, I bet the magazine feels ashamed right now.

D.I.D.
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Well, I bet the magazine feels ashamed right now.

The site doesn't give a monkey's because, likely as not, that writer gets paid a bonus per click and the owners are happy with the ad money.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I stopped reading after this..

and overall poor design

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I have some hope that that is a joke article....

D.I.D.
07-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I stopped reading after this..

Yeah that's pretty terrible bait. Even the menus of ACB were beautifully done, and the game is singularly well designed among open-world games. It's still a matter of opinion, I guess, but I think that statement was more about raising hackles than it was an honest assessment.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I knew it was a disaster from the first point...

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah that's pretty terrible bait. Even the menus of ACB were beautifully done, and the game is singularly well designed among open-world games. It's still a matter of opinion, I guess, but I think that statement was more about raising hackles than it was an honest assessment.
Indeed..

I mean, its probably a widely accepted fact that AC has a great design, sure you can criticize this and that, but the Design ? No.. wouldn't have been the fastest selling new IP otherwise..

FirestarLuva
07-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Terrible article! Stopped reading halfway through.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I finished it to know the extent of it's crimes.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Also, I would like too point out some flaws in this article:
The combat-You know, this one surprized me the most. Lets not kid our selves here, past AC1, the games haven't been terribly hard, when they re invented the combat in AC:B, It was very easy too use and you could become a master as the combos in no time, and you had a wide arsenal of weapons too, so there was always something with you that was effective for a certain situation.

Now, too actually claim fake advertising for being un-able too master the system is beyond me. It is easy, simple and may I add very fun, not mastering it requires you too flat out suck at games.

The haybale- A icon of the series, removing it is like removing the MGS box move. No AC game is without a haybale.

Too many weapons-Not only highly subjective, but it is up too you too find they're uses. I personally used everything, from the gun, too the crossbow, too the throwing knives, sword, hidden blades and dagger.

Too much talking- I am sorry not every game is ''HURR DURR SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT''

The modern day plot- No explanation needed
Desmond-No explanation needed.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Are you agreeing with him about the modern day plot?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM
No, no explanation needed means it is just so stupid, it simply does not deserve me too explain. He wants too remove on of the big story pillars, and start from scratch.
Quite honestly, one of the things I like about AC is how there is an explanation for everything.
Controls? Vidic made it the control scheme akin too a console for the Subject too use it easier.
Respawn? de-sync
Checkpoints? explained through the Animus returning the Subject too the last synchronized point.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
So why can Desmond not die? xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:53 PM
...You do not die with Desmond. Mostly because he is yet too be involved in combat, so it wont make sense for him too die. And may I just add, Comparing Arkham City's combat too AC is like comparing Pac Man too Sonic.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, it's kinda similar, you attack around 'till someone wants to try to hit you, then you counter and continue your attacking.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Not really, some may claim the same concept, but the excution and way it is done is wildly different. Just like Platforming in AC and PoP, same concept, but different.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah. I see what you mean.

BATISTABUS
07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
10. Hay is a staple of the series, no matter how ridiculous it might be in some cases. I believe they said they'd try to diversify the haystacks a little more in AC3 (such as the large crate of animal pelts in the multiplayer).

9. I kind of agree with this. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a variety of weapons, but they should serve specific purposes with notable differences rather than just changing the aesthetics. I don't think they should exist for the soul purpose of collecting them all.

8. I disagree, but there could be a bit more variety in what citizens say ("All we ever hear from you is lies!")

7. Altair didn't build up the city in this way. Ezio was a noble, along with the son of a banker, so this made sense. Like it or not, Assassains are political figures, albeit behind the scenes.

"It seems that Ezio or Altair want to be men of the people"

...do you even know what the Assassins do?

6. Get over it. Obviously Ubisoft is aware of the limitations of their technology. Why this even made the list is beyond me.

5. I'm not really sure what he's saying here. Combat has been revamped, so hopefully the your problems with it will be addressed.

4. More (diverse) side missions have been confirmed.

3. Do you even like Assassin's Creed?

2. You probably played a match or two of Brotherhood's multiplayer, got frustrated, and quit forever. While Revelations multiplayer is virtually broken today, this mode has a lot of potential and can really be a lot of fun. That, and it's one of the most unique multiplayer experiences in gaming.

1. Everyone knows that the Desmond bits have been a bit lacking, and the devs seem to be hinting at major improvements/expansions in that department. Even so, how can you realistically expect them to remove this aspect with the story (seemingly) about to come to an end? If you don't want Desmond, go play Liberation.

Overall, a pretty badly written criticism. The wording was awkward, and the author just came across as angry and butt-hurt.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
10. Hay is a staple of the series, no matter how ridiculous it might be in some cases. I believe they said they'd try to diversify the haystacks a little more in AC3 (such as the large crate of animal pelts in the multiplayer).

9. I kind of agree with this. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a variety of weapons, but they should serve specific purposes with notable differences rather than just changing the aesthetics. I don't think they should exist for the soul purpose of collecting them all.

8. I disagree, but there could be a bit more variety in what citizens say ("All we ever hear from you is lies!")

7. Altair didn't build up the city in this way. Ezio was a noble, along with the son of a banker, so this made sense. Like it or not, Assassains are political figures, albeit behind the scenes.

"It seems that Ezio or Altair want to be men of the people"

...do you even know what the Assassins do?

6. Get over it. Obviously Ubisoft is aware of the limitations of their technology. Why this even made the list is beyond me.

5. I'm not really sure what he's saying here. Combat has been revamped, so hopefully the your problems with it will be addressed.

4. More (diverse) side missions have been confirmed.

3. Do you even like Assassin's Creed?

2. You probably played a match or two of Brotherhood's multiplayer, got frustrated, and quit forever. While Revelations multiplayer is virtually broken today, this mode has a lot of potential and can really be a lot of fun. That, and it's one of the most unique multiplayer experiences in gaming.

1. Everyone knows that the Desmond bits have been a bit lacking, and the devs seem to be hinting at major improvements/expansions in that department.

Overall, a horribly written criticism. The wording was awkward, and the author just came across as angry and butt-hurt.

What he meant by the combat is basically fake advertising. Saying that what they show in trailers is something you cannot do in the game and end ''swinging in the air'' which I find pretty odd, since AC is not hard to master.

And I dont get where his claim of lack of diversity comes from, tombs, Assassination missions, guild quests, races, war machines in AC:B and courtesan assignments are the ones I can think of the top of my head. And they are making them even more diverse now.

Turul.
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
like others have said

that was bad......

he's entilted to his opinion, but he thinks he's the voice of the fans.

my only complaints are freerunning is sometimes glitchy, combat system was clunky at times, and the modern day story of revelations was sub par.

Sushiglutton
07-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Only thing I agree with is that I wish Ubisoft went for quality instead of quantity in some areas like weapons and side missions. Also if we are going to rebuild/buy property don't make it a dull chore. What worries me a bit is that they've said this game is going to be more RPGish (if I have understood correctly). And in the frontier demo we allready saw a fetch quest (or two). But other than that the article is terrible. I don't undertand why he plays the games if he hates them so much. And the combat point is so weird.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:25 PM
No, the game will not be like a RPG. Full sync now will work differently, like a RPG leveling bar. And fetch quests are not necessarily bad if they include cool activities like hunting or going and finding cool stuff, and I do not understand what you mean by the weapons.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
"each game was the same assassin firm, but just in a different time" This is the only gripe I agree with in that article.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:35 PM
"each game was the same assassin firm, but just in a different time" This is the only gripe I agree with in that article.

....So? that is the point. Playing as Assassin's in different time periods and locations. Seeing historical figures, and taking a alternate look on reality with the idea of Templars vs Assassin's.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
....So? that is the point. Playing as Assassin's in different time periods and locations. Seeing historical figures, and taking a alternate look on reality with the idea of Templars vs Assassin's.
Well I guess you didn't read the article or maybe I should have just posted the whole paragraph my bad. He means get rid of Desomond from the beginning and just play as the assassins in different time periods.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Many people think get rid of Desmond story- Oh yeah, just no Desmond bits.
Many people dont realize SOOOOOOOOO much of the lore wont be here if it wasn't for the Desmond part.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Well there's some lore there now but I'm trying to say if they would have never created that plot and just focused on the historical aspect (which most people play for anyway) then it would have been a better game. Of course it's too late to get rid of desmond in Ac 3 and I wouldn't want to because I am interested to see how his story ends. You can't change the past but hopefully in future games they'll learn from their mistakes as I think they have in AC 3.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Nope. It would have made for a much less interesting game, atleast for me it would have. People dont look at the grand picture, they just think ''Oh, no Desmond, I will just keep playing as X in historical time!'' and not realize how a big part of the lore comes from the Desmond side of things.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Well I think we can agree that Ezio and Altiar's plots' were more interesting than Desmond's because they were the main focus. My point is that they could have been better without having to devote time to Desmond's rather drudgingly story.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 10:42 PM
That is mostly because his gameplay is different. They had such a good chance too make playing with him better in Revelations, this time we will see him play as an Assassin, not just go in a van and press a button, save the world.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 10:47 PM
That is mostly because his gameplay is different. They had such a good chance too make playing with him better in Revelations, this time we will see him play as an Assassin, not just go in a van and press a button, save the world.

Yes, like I said it will be interesting to see how Desmond's gameplay has evolved. Hopefully we will be able to use the new revamped combat as Desmond and see his story come to a feasible conclusion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Obviously. If the combat is what it looks to be, and he still uses the comabt of Altair/Ezio it would be a huge missed opportunity too show us another side of the Desmond gameplay.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Well I only say that because it's what they've been doing in the other games.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 10:52 PM
True, the sequences that were present in Assassin's Creed Revelations were a sin against all of Mankind.

Turul.
07-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Well I think we can agree that Ezio and Altiar's plots' were more interesting than Desmond's because they were the main focus. My point is that they could have been better without having to devote time to Desmond's rather drudgingly story.

i actually find desmond's story incredibly interesting, more than altair's, so how about we don't just assume we all like the same things

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 11:40 PM
i actually find desmond's story incredibly interesting, more than altair's, so how about we don't just assume we all like the same things
You guys are kinda lieing too your self if you are trying too convince me Desmond is more interesting than Altair/Ezio xD

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
I think he is.

ShaneO7K
07-08-2012, 11:45 PM
You guys are kinda lieing too your self if you are trying too convince me Desmond is more interesting than Altair/Ezio xD

There are these things called opinions, people have them.

Turul.
07-08-2012, 11:45 PM

im not trying to convince anything of anything. i'm just saying that not everyone agrees that desmond's story less interesting than ezio's or altiar's. including myself

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Cant see how the story of some guy kidnapped then put into the Animus is as interesting as a Master Assassin who changed the whole face of the Order...

Turul.
07-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Cant see how the story of some guy kidnapped then put into the Animus is as interesting as a Master Assassin who changed the whole face of the Order...

SPOILER WARNING

born on an assassin compound, escapes, is kidnapped by templars, put through the animus, lives the life of someone in the middle ages, discovers the secret, centuries long, war between assassin's and templars, discovers subject 17s symbols, escapes his capture, lives the life of a reniassnace assasin, acquires his skills, discovers the truth of TWCB. finds an apple of eden, kills his love interest and was forced, put into a coma, meets subject 17, discovers lucy is a templar, is saved by subject 16, talks to TWCB through a time nexus, and discovers he is the key to saving all humanity......it's not just a "story of some kidnapped guy then put into the animus"

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Still the story of his ancestors is more interesting. All of those things he discovered were through his ancestors.

Turul.
07-09-2012, 12:00 AM
but he still discovered them..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Does not change the fact the others for me are more interesting. This whole compound thing isn't all of that intriguing.

Turul.
07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
it's obvious you don't understand the difference between fact and your opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM
It's a fact that for me I like the ancestor stories more, what did I say wrong?

ShaneO7K
07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
It's a fact that for me I like the ancestor stories more, what did I say wrong?

No...that is an opinion..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:12 AM
It is a fact that I like them more, fact that I, key word being I, ME, like them more.

JCearlyyears
07-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Basically he's saying it is a fact that that is his opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Basically he's saying it is a fact that that is his opinion.

Not a very hard concept too understand, people -____-'
I just dont really see how he can be as interesting as our Assassins, but hey, that is maybe because of how bad his gameplay has been.

shanethebouncer
07-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Desmond's story is put in bits and pieces in comparison to Ezio and Altiair's. We played from these two characters from youth to old age. But for Desmond it's short scenes in between the bulk of the main story. It's was concocted to connect different ancestors throughout history but I think that only makes seem more of a backdrop to the main story. Sorry if my comment seemed forceful but it was merely my opinion.

ShaneO7K
07-09-2012, 12:21 AM
I just dont really see how he can be as interesting as our Assassins, but hey, that is maybe because of how bad his gameplay has been.

That is because the focus has been on the story, not everything needs good gameplay for it to be good.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:21 AM
It is a game. And we barely see him everygame, and I am supposed too.....care?

ShaneO7K
07-09-2012, 12:24 AM
It is a game. And we barely see him everygame, and I am supposed too.....care?

You obviously care to some degree if your bothering yourself to go on this much about how bad it is..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:25 AM
/facepalm
As in really care about Desmond himself. We need to see him more too care.

Turul.
07-09-2012, 12:35 AM

don't insult me, and act like I'm stupid. you stated your opinion as fact. and then tried to turn around and say "no i meant it was fact that i liked it more".

/facepalm

also, i care, quit posting your opinion as if it is for all of the community.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Where did I insult you? where did I say fact? read it again.
''It's a fact that for ME *I, ME* I prefer the Ancestor story more''

AnthonyA85
07-09-2012, 12:41 AM
The only point i agree with from that article is #2, the one about the Multiplayer, all the others, just made me shake my head in both amusement and disgust.

This guy sounds like an over-zealous version of Simon Cowell, he's about as pessimistic and derogatory.

He openly decries the main concept of the game, and complains about the central plot, and he actually said the Hook Blade SLOWS DOWN climbing...er...no it doesn't. Obviously he never learned to use it right. And he hates the dialogue......ok.

I question the validity of this author's understanding of the games this article is focused on, because it seems to me like he is one of the few who is playing the wrong game franchise, because they have absolutely no F-ing idea what is going on or what they're doing.

And as far as Desmond goes, i am one of the few who really like him, and am looking forward to much Abstergo Employee funerals being necessary in AC3 :)

Turul.
07-09-2012, 12:42 AM
"Does not change the fact the others for me are more interesting."

^^^^that is propsoing your opinion is fact. it is factual that it is your opinion, but it is not fact.

"isn't that hard to understand"

^^^and that suggests we have trouble understanding a simple concept, therefore you think we're stupid. by we i mean me and shaneO

just because you didn't insult me explicitly, doesn't mean i'm not offended.

shanethebouncer
07-09-2012, 12:42 AM
/facepalm
That's generalizing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:45 AM
''We'' as in for all of those who really dislike him.
By a simple concept too understand I meant it written in clear text, it does not mean you are stupid, merely remarking on the paradox of not understanding the text.

Turul.
07-09-2012, 12:48 AM
''We'' as in for all of those who really dislike him.
By a simple concept too understand I meant it written in clear text, it does not mean you are stupid, merely remarking on the paradox of not understanding the text.

I think you need to work on the quality, and clarity of your posts, rather than the quantity.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I think that was understandable. It is common sense this way: When you spend most of the chunk with a certain character, then go into another for a small period of time doing things that are considered less interesting than the other, people will be bound too hate those missions/sequences.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 12:55 AM
I think that was understandable. It is common sense this way: When you spend most of the chunk with a certain character, then go into another for a small period of time doing things that are considered less interesting than the other, people will be bound too hate those missions/sequences.
Again, stop presenting your opinions as generally accepted facts..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:57 AM
It is just common sense...
Tell me, did you enjoy walking around with Desmond while with Altair you were going on rooftops, Assassinating targets, fighting guards, etc?
It just seems like common sense.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Tell me, did you enjoy walking around with Desmond while with Altair you were going on rooftops, Assassinating targets, fighting guards, etc?
Yes I did, you find it odd ? I find you ridiculous..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Before the ability too access the computer, it is just common sense that when the other character, you can do more enjoyable things with, the players will prefer him. Alot of people find Desmond's gameplay ''boring'' compared to our Assassin's, it makes sense.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Before the ability too access the computer, it is just common sense that when the other character, you can do more enjoyable things with, the players will prefer him. Alot of people find Desmond's gameplay ''boring'' compared to our Assassin's, it makes sense.
To you maybe..
I believe you just need to include at the end of each sentence this..

(IN MY OPINION)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:06 AM
To me and many others who I have found too share the same opinion :nonchalance: and it dosen't take a IMO everywhere for it too be clear that this whole thing is subjective.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:09 AM
To me and many others who I have found too share the same opinion :nonchalance: and it dosen't take a IMO everywhere for it too be clear that this whole thing is subjective.
Dude, just stop arguing.. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ARGUING ?? the relativity of facts and opinions being subjective ? THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE !!

BATISTABUS
07-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Obviously it's his opinion...why else would he say it? Is he an encyclopedia? In a forum where the purpose is to discuss opinions, why should someone have to clarify that with every sentence they say?

If you disagree, prove him wrong. Don't clutter up the thread debating semantics like this.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:12 AM
The whole idea of it is good or bad is subjective, but when you take multiple subjective views, the majority agree that the Desmond gameplay pales to the gameplay of his ancestors.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Obviously it's his opinion...why else would he say it? Is he an encyclopedia? In a forum where the purpose is to discuss opinions, why should someone have to clarify that with every sentence they say?

If you disagree, prove him wrong. Don't clutter up the thread debating semantics like this.
Presenting it as a fact, by default, eliminates the presence of a debate of opinions, because he did not present his opinion as his opinion..
and cluttering up ? just dont even go there..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:16 AM
It is in a way cluttering as me argue semantics.
Most dislike the Desmond sequences, based on articles, reviews, opinions, and so on.
Why not search up what people prefer and see the results?

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Most dislike the Desmond sequences, based on articles, reviews, opinions, and so on.
You are hopeless..

MT4K
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
The whole idea of it is good or bad is subjective, but when you take multiple subjective views, the majority agree that the Desmond gameplay pales to the gameplay of his ancestors.

If you really enjoy the overall story of the games then you enjoy playing the Desmond sequences just as much as the Ancestors. Granted it was a little limited in what you could do in AC1 with Desmond, but it was also exciting in its own way.

I remember i was always looking around for any little clues and things and discovered the pen and was like Ah HA. They may not have been as "fun" as the ancestor gameplay, but they certainly were interesting.... which oddly makes them fun. At least for me :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Gameplay > Story.
No matter what game it is, if the gameplay fails, it fails, really.

playassassins1
07-09-2012, 01:20 AM

Well. Thats your opinion. Because there are also people who do like Desmond and the use of the Modern Day story.
It gives Ubi more chances of creating a better story.

I mean, look at the comics they are also set in the modern day. I think that the modern day makes the game more interesting rather than having a random dude with a hidden blade killing people.
And yes, tbh. I do think Desmond could be allot more interesting but, its not like they should remove it.

Assassin_M
Gameplay > Story.
No matter what game it is, if the gameplay fails, it fails, really.
Your opinion, DARN IT !!

Some actually prefer story, STOP PRESENTING YOUR OPINION AS FACT !!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
The story is fine, but the gameplay....
The Gameplay.
EDIT: I dont have to put IMO at the end of every sentence just so you get it.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:22 AM
The story is fine, but the gameplay....
The Gameplay.
EDIT: I dont have to put IMO at the end of every sentence just so you get it.
You dont have to, but at least present your ideas as opinions NOT FACTS !!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:23 AM
...Which is by putting IMO....
Unless I put fact in there, it isn't hard to figure it out.

BATISTABUS
07-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Your opinion, DARN IT !!

Some actually prefer story, STOP PRESENTING YOUR OPINION AS FACT !!!
I don't understand you guys. You're the ones interpreting his statements as an intended fact. A person can make a subjective comment without a disclaimer.

In my opinion.

shanethebouncer
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Me and all my friends would rather walk around a house looking out windows and watching paint dry in a game than playing good gameplay. This is true no matter the game.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:25 AM
...Which is by putting IMO....
Unless I put fact in there, it isn't hard to figure it out.
No... You present your opinions as facts, evident by a lot of elements in your posts. and I believe others agree with me.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Where exactly?
Where did I suggest that?
No where.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Where exactly?
Where did I suggest that?
No where.
Here

It is common sense this way: When you spend most of the chunk with a certain character, then go into another for a small period of time doing things that are considered less interesting than the other, people will be bound too hate those missions/sequences.

Here

and Here

Does not change the fact the others for me are more interesting. This whole compound thing isn't all of that intriguing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:32 AM
...I am talking about the post with the gameplay...
Does not change the fact FOR ME.
Maybe you need too I dont know...
Read better.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:34 AM
...I am talking about the post with the gameplay...
Does not change the fact FOR ME.
Maybe you need too I dont know...
Read better.
Says the guy who spells wrong most of the time and his signature is grammatically wrong..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:40 AM
How is it wrong?
And when does reading relate too writing?

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
How is it wrong?
And when does reading relate too writing?
Yeah.. you know what ? continue to delude yourself that you are right. Im done with this stupidity. I dont usually claim to be right, but you, my friend... are SOOOO WRONG !!
and btw, im not gonna fetch for you the correct form of your Signature, do it yourself.

Turul.
07-09-2012, 01:44 AM
i know i'm guilty of derailing this thread, but please move to PM guys

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:45 AM
He moved away, no need too, really.

Assassin_M
07-09-2012, 01:45 AM
i know i'm guilty of derailing this thread, but please move to PM guys
Sorry..but no, Im done and so is the derailing

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:46 AM
MUCH better for everybody.

SpecialForceCRO
07-09-2012, 01:46 AM
So yes, I read the article.

1. No More Hay
- why not? I also had problems with hays like this guy, but I think that preforming Leap of Faith is awesome stuff. Without hayes, we can forget Leap of Faith (there is sea for LoF ofcourse, but hays are trademars god **** :D). And yes, hiding in hayes sometimes help when you are on some mission or you are notorious etc.

2. Should I Stab, Slice, Shoot, Shoot With an Arrow, Throw an Axe, Slice With an Axe…?
- is this guy ******ed? Ziplines are cool thing, I really enjoyed killing guards from them. And if you have more weapons, the game is - funnier! And there are ****ing tutorials in game!

3. Shut Up, Just Shut Up
- sometimes stories are just making game more awesome, and you can actually "feel" the whole story. I enjoyed reading details about Campanile di San Marco, Casa di Vespucci or Topkapi Palace, and I liked to heard other characters talking, because I felt like I was there jumping and fighting against Templars, not Ezio or Altair :D

4. No Construction Permit
- when I was rebuilding Rome and recruiting Assassin's at the same time, I felt like I'm starting a revolution against Borgia's, and I loved that feeling! But, this guy has a good point here, rebuilding Constantinopol is quite annoying, because Borgia's destroyed Rome for their own profit, but Bayezid II and other sultans wanted to develop the city... so I found some missing of logic here, but nevermind. And the Den Defense... I agree with this guy, this is not necesarry in AC, Ezio was Assassin, not Erwin Rommel or Napoleon ;) Den can be defended in ordinary street fight. And yes, mini Assassin's - having your own little army which is doing.... hmmm dirty work like "removing" guards can be really helpful, because they killed guards, I killed the target. Like a perfectly done dance :D

5. Lip-Syncing/Face
- kinda agree, but this is irrelevant, there is so many action that I don't care how Ezio moves his gorgeus face ;)

6. Combaaaaattttman
- again, kinda agree.

7. Side Missions
- personally, I like side missions, but they don't need to be so repetitive. I liked Cristina Missions, where you discovered some things from Ezio's past. That kinds of missions should be more involved in game. And yes, Ubisoft, please make less "tailing" missions. I remember that mission when I had to pick up some white tulips for Sofia. Man, that tailing was annoying.

8. Syncing In And Out And The Future Bit
- this guy obviously does not like Desmond :D

9. Online, Take Stick It Where The Sun Don’t Shine
- kinda agree again. I think that Multiplayer for AC is just too much, so much action in Singleplayer is just enough :D

10. Desmond
- if you don't like Desmond, than **** you :P

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Multiplayer extends the games life span. Both can exist.
His complaint on combat means he sucks. Not a opinion, but fact.
Ezio was a nobleman, and when you rebuild the city, Templars know that well..you are re-building.
Hay is iconic, lets see they remove the box from MGS.
I like tailing missions, because of the Predator feel.
Multiplayer in AC is one of the most unique experiences you can have, dude just sucks at it.

GeneralTrumbo
07-09-2012, 02:25 AM
This is the worst article that I have ever read in my entire life. If they did everything he wanted to be done in the series, I would never touch an AC game again. Get rid of Desmond? Wtf! Get rid of leaps of faith? WAT. Is this guy serious?! I feel so much dumber after reading this! My IQ has dropped! He is NOT speaking for the fans as the whole! The fans as a whole LIKE the modern-day segments and everything else he suggested they do away with! YUCK!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 02:27 AM
I am reading through it again...
I have come too the conclusion my IQ dropped aswell.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 02:28 AM

JCearlyyears
07-09-2012, 02:34 AM

This about sums up my response to the article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=player_detailpage

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 02:36 AM
HEY! Give credit where it is due, that is my signature URL and I made it famous here <:
Somebody should post it there in the comments xP

De Filosoof
07-09-2012, 02:36 AM
So why can Desmond not die? xD

Because he's the one...

http://metaphilm.com/images/philms/matrixspoon.jpg

GeneralTrumbo
07-09-2012, 03:07 AM

The proof is slightly against you there. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682258-POLL-How-important-is-Desmond-s-story-to-you-in-Assassins-Creed-on-a-scale-of-1-10?highlight=desmond

That shows how many people like Desmond.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 03:13 AM
The story is not the problem, but the gameplay my friend. The gameplay.

E-Zekiel
07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
That article was written by a ****ing idiot.

LightRey
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Does he, though? I don't see that. I thought "we" meant "WhatCulture! Magazine".
He does. Just read the article and you'll see he's clearly claiming to speak for the fans in general.

D.I.D.
07-09-2012, 11:33 AM
He does. Just read the article and you'll see he's clearly claiming to speak for the fans in general.

Well, I have, and as I say I don't see that. He's presenting his opinions, and he doesn't speak for all fans in the article. The disclaimer at the beginning about erotic attachments would seem to apply here.

There's some overstatement about "everyone" disliking Desmond, and apart from that it's written in a first person viewpoint. I don't get the problem. The writer knows he's poking a wasps' nest with a stick and plays with that a little, and then this forum gives him all the clicks and teeth-gnashing he could want. It's one style to be even-handed and another to be a little provocative. It's arguable that when it comes to sacred cows, the latter is most appropriate.

Here's what I think happened. You saw the thread title, sans quotation marks, and thought, "HOW DARE YOU SAY "WE" AS IF YOU SPEAK FOR EVERYBODY? I'LL TEACH YOU TO SAY "WE" - *click* ... oh. Alright then, HOW DARE THE WEBSITE SAY "WE" AS IF...", etc.

WolfTemplar94
07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
This about sums up my response to the article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=player_detailpage

I tried to post that video yesterday :D It perfectly sums up the article. It also sums up anything Hasoon says.

freddie_1897
07-09-2012, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9xRhwmHBBE

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Guys, I made that URL famous here. Dont give me credit and Billy Madison will send you a letter tomorrow /=
The part with the combat baffles me tho. How is the combat too hard? IT IS ONE BUTTON PRESS FOR INSTANT KILL.

EzioAssassin51
07-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Guys, I made that URL famous here. Dont give me credit and Billy Madison will send you a letter tomorrow /=
The part with the combat baffles me tho. How is the combat too hard? IT IS ONE BUTTON PRESS FOR INSTANT KILL.

Lol, I'm pretty sure that URL was around in this forums and everywhere else long before you came :p

LightRey
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, I have, and as I say I don't see that. He's presenting his opinions, and he doesn't speak for all fans in the article. The disclaimer at the beginning about erotic attachments would seem to apply here.

There's some overstatement about "everyone" disliking Desmond, and apart from that it's written in a first person viewpoint. I don't get the problem. The writer knows he's poking a wasps' nest with a stick and plays with that a little, and then this forum gives him all the clicks and teeth-gnashing he could want. It's one style to be even-handed and another to be a little provocative. It's arguable that when it comes to sacred cows, the latter is most appropriate.

Here's what I think happened. You saw the thread title, sans quotation marks, and thought, "HOW DARE YOU SAY "WE" AS IF YOU SPEAK FOR EVERYBODY? I'LL TEACH YOU TO SAY "WE" - *click* ... oh. Alright then, HOW DARE THE WEBSITE SAY "WE" AS IF...", etc.

I know for a fact that most people are sick of jumping in hay.

That's just from the first page. Throughout the article he keeps coming with phrases such as "I can't be the only one..." (which is literally an assumption that (most) others would agree with him) and basically every single point he makes he states as a fact or a general opinion. He makes no effort to point out that these are solely his own opinions (in fact he appears to do the very opposite) and since this is the only "we" provided in the article, the reader can only assume that he means to speak for all/the majority of the fans (which he is obviously trying to do, I can't imagine how you can't see that, but then again you seem to agree with him).