PDA

View Full Version : Petition: NA Gamers Want a Proper, FAIR, Collector's Edition.

Hitman84
07-08-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm the type of person who honestly hates these kinds of threads. But other game companies that care about their fans usually listen when they speak LOUD enough.
Usually the argument is well "just don't buy it" but the problem is then we get NOTHING. And as fans of one of the best series of the current console generation that's hard to do.
Ubisoft has, time and again, given NA players the royal shaft when it's come to Assassin's Creed Collector's editions, every one, to date, including the planned releases for Assassin's Creed 3 have been inferior in almost every way to their European counter parts, and nearly every time Ubisoft has waited to announce the NA Versions until all EU ones have all but been bought up short of paying past the retail price.

I want to specifically state this is not an attack against our European brothers but a cry to Ubisoft to treat NA Players and fans fairly!

Lets Look at past Examples.

Assassin's Creed 2: Arguably the closest in quality when it comes to the two different versions.

European Master Assassin's Edition:
- Rare "Master Assassin" upgrade Ezio figurine - this limited edition collectable figurine of Ezio wears an upgraded cloak, something Ezio only has access to in the advanced stages of the game.(For most fans, this was the better statue.
- 3 in-game bonus quests(No matter where you ordered it from!
- Conspiracy Book
- Game Soundtrack

European White Edition:
Traditional Ezio Statue.

NA Collector's Edition: (Only One Option Available)
- 8.5 inch Collectable Ezio Statue
- Artbook: The Art of Assassins Creed
- Premium Collectable Metal Case
- Two Exclusive, in-game maps: (ONLY IF PRE-ORDERED WITH GAMESTOP)
- Palazzo Medici
- Santa Maria Dei Frari
- Additional content DVD:
- Behind the scenes of Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed II Soundtrack

Why were the NA Players denied the option? Some players may have simply wanted the statue and Nothing Else.
And we're forced to buy with a specific retailer.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

European Limited Codex Edition:
- Renaissance Collector Chest
- Exclusive Codex
- Map of Rome
- Multiplayer characters cards
- Lineage DVD
- Bonus DVD and game soundtrack
- 2 Exclusive single player maps: Aqua Gear & Trajan Market
- 2 Multiplayer characters: Harlequin & Officer

NA Collector's Edition:

- The Jack-in-the-Box Collectible exclusive(Design Dictated by Retailer)
- Two Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps
- Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome
- Exclusive Art Book
- Bonus Disc

Really? For Me personally, this was a huge slap in the face. We got a freaking Jack in the box and shafted on everything else.

Assassin's Creed Revelations
European Animus Edition:

The Animus box entirely covered with lenticular lenses to faithfully reproduce the black room of the Animus
In-depth Encyclopaedia featuring 256 pages with comprehensive entries on the major characters, events and other important aspects of the Assassin’s Creed(r) universe.
Assassin’s Creed(r) Embers Movie: the animated short film and the final chapter of Ezio’s story.
Best of Assassin’s Creed Soundtracks
prison of legendary Vlad the Impaler.
Vlad's Sword
Capacity upgrades for your hidden gun bullets, bombs & crossbow arrows to give you a decisive advantage in battle.
Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a character from Assassin’s Creed(r) Brotherhood revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Jester
The Armour of Brutus from Assassin’s Creed(r) Brotherhood

NA
umm...We got a Signature Edition, only available at launch that came with vlad, his sword and Embers. Other then that..we got outright screwed.
Oh...wait...if you ordered from gamestop you could also get a replica of Leonardo's Flying Machine.
And if you didn't get a Signature Edition you had to pay for Embers.

Now to the present.

Assassin's Creed 3
European Freedom Edition:
A 24-cm high-quality figurine of Connor
A steelbook case art drawn by awards-winning comic artist Alex Ross
George Washington's notebook revealing all the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.
One exclusive Lithograph
2 in-game Single Player Missions:
Lost Mayan Ruins: Connor’s mission leads him in an old Mayan pyramid, full of mysteries and revelations. Players will be able to unlock Captain Kidd's fabled cutlass, a deadly, brutal and beautiful piece of steel
Ghost of War: The tide of the Revolution turns into the Templars favor. Defeat your enemies and unlock The Pontiac’s War Club, a powerful Native American weapon.
1 in-game Multiplayer Package:
The Sharpshooter package: Unleash the Sharpshooter fury in multiplayer with 1 new character, the Sharpshooter, 1 Relic, 1 Emblem, 1 special Picture and the Title of "The Jester".

European Join or Die Edition:
Assassin’s Creed III retail game
The medallion of the Assassins with its high-quality curd ladle
George Washington's notebook revealing all the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.
1 in-game Single Player Mission:
Ghost of War: The tide of the Revolution turns into the Templars favor. Defeat your enemies and unlock The Pontiac’s War Club, a powerful Native American weapon.
1 in-game Multiplayer Package:
The Sharpshooter package: Unleash the Sharpshooter fury in multiplayer with 1 new character, the Sharpshooter, 1 Relic, 1 Emblem, 1 special Picture and the Title of "The Jester".

NA Special Editon:
Assassin’s Creed III retail game.
A stunning 9.44" Assassin statue featuring Connor poised to strike with a tomahawk and hidden blade.
An embroidered 28"x48" Assassin's Creed-inspired colonial flag.
A 3"x3.25 sturdy metal belt buckle to proudly proclaim your allegiance to the Assassins.

Again, NA Players get NO choice in the matter and the one piece most of us want, the George Washington Journal is completely omitted, a piece of fiction, written by one of the Greatest American presidents.Not even the medallion! And our special in game items are again dictated by where we order, so while European players get them all, we have to decide and then MAYBE pay for the rest at a later date.
I understand retailer incentives are there for a reason, I don't like it but why do NA Players have to choose their bonus when others do not?
Does Ubisoft even think about these decisions? Do they just decide to give us the royal shaft?

We, the NA players want choice, but more importantly we want to be treated fairly. We want the same items, in game and physical the rest of the world is given access to.
Sign below weather you're a North American player or a European brither and you agree, let it be known to Ubisoft we want fair treatment when it comes to one of our favorite game series!

Signed
Hitman84
Chris S!

Lonesoldier2012
07-08-2012, 07:17 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689380-Lets-take-action-to-try-and-get-a-better-CE-in-NA

Hitman84
07-08-2012, 07:21 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689380-Lets-take-action-to-try-and-get-a-better-CE-in-NA

Pretty different thread all together. It's a call to boycott which will NEVER happen.

Lonesoldier2012
07-08-2012, 07:23 AM
The threads are both about trying to get a better NA LE. Which won't happen.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Wont happen.

ShadownetX
07-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Though it most likely wont happen. You got my vote Hitman. if Lonesoldier and HasoOoN wont care then they shouldn't bother commenting on this. besides I'm pretty sure they already got their Freedom edition pre-order so they wont care for us NA

ProletariatPleb
07-08-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm don't think it will happen now, but good luck with your petition.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Though it most likely wont happen. You got my vote Hitman. if Lonesoldier and HasoOoN wont care then they shouldn't bother commenting on this. besides I'm pretty sure they already got their Freedom edition pre-order so they wont care for us NA

Wow, if you noticed the Pre-order thread, I am constantly criticizing Ubi for this decision, but I am a realist, it is pulling big figures and they wont change it.

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I started the other thread, I'm just surprised more people aren't willing to do something to get the better edition. I mean its ridiculous how cheated we are

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:17 AM
It isn't going too happen and you know it. Most of the people who were angry are importing other editions and it is pulling strong figures.

WolfTemplar94
07-08-2012, 11:48 AM
There'd be a logical reason behind it.

dxsxhxcx
07-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I think you should create a petition in one of those sites created for that and then post the link here for people to sign... I believe it'll be better to control how many people signed that way.. ;)

also people should be supporting this (even if won't happen), I don't even see a point in make different editions for different regions, it's not like people wouldn't buy them because they're available everywhere (for a limited time like it's with all these CEs), this situation is funny because some people are almost begging to Ubisoft to give them their money and they prefer to have this kind of attitude instead of threat everyone equally, I bet many people would like to put their hands in that flag as well, but they can't because that CE isn't available on their country...

IMO if it wasn't by the fact that the PC Deluxe Edition was digital, this edition would've been better than the one offered for PS3/Xbox users, also seeing as a delay IMO is something inevitable (if we take into consideration the past releases), the least they could do is make a physical Deluxe Edition for PC users as well, I would really consider buy that edition if the game and specially GW's notebook were physical...

ps: I bet if they remove that belt thing and add one of the DLCs (for everyone, not only gamestop costumers) or GW's notebook people will certainly be happy

GLHS
07-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I completely agree that we should have a better LE. No doubt, at least 95% of us are disappointed with what we're getting. And I really wish they would've held a poll of all their ideas and included what was most popular amongst the fans, but I'm pretty sure it's to late for any changes now. They've done the marketing, put the price tag on it, and are manufacturing. So, as disappointed as we all are, this is the final product and what we're gonna have to settle with. I'm still getting one, but I'm considerably let down with all their promises.

Lonesoldier2012
07-08-2012, 01:40 PM

I'm an American -_-

dxsxhxcx
07-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm an American -_-

and are you happy with this CE or you just accepted that this is the best that you'll get?! Do you prefer any of the other CEs over the one that is being offered to you?!

Lonesoldier2012
07-08-2012, 01:57 PM
and are you happy with this CE or you just accepted that this is the best that you'll get?! Do you prefer any of the other CEs over the one that is being offered to you?!

I cared. I don't now. Not to mention Ubigabe has had to take a metric ton of crap being stepped on and having to reply to *******s with a nice answer on Twitter.

Vex_Assassin
07-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm disappointed with the NA LE and I give you my vote Hitman, but this simply won't happen.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
JCearlyyears
I sign this petition.
We deserve a better CE and should be doing enough to show that we are upset. ShadowRage told me that I should give up... but I don't want to. This is my CE and I don't want it to be crap. Sure, I could order the European edition off the internet, but I think this could be better, and worst case, they don't change the CE and then I make my pivoting hidden blade replica and call it the JC edition. Even people in EMEA should sign this so we'll shut up about it. We should all sign this. There's no reason not to try to do something like this. The only thing big companies like more than making a lot of money is making even more money. Changing it would make them more money. Sign the petition

Serrachio
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Personally, I'd prefer it if there was a complete digital bundle on release, which wasn't for PC only. I'd happily pay more than what's being asked for an international, non-limited bundle (like the Codex Edition), which includes all the single player and multiplayer pre-order content and maybe a few physical goodies.

Game retailers could still have their exclusive bundles, but it'd only offer certain things for a lower price.

Right now, I'd love it if the Freedom Edition had all of what it had now, along with these extras:

1. The third single player mission that isn't with the Edition currently.
2. The weapons and outfits that aren't included.
3. The Redcoat MP character, which isn't in there.
4. Subject 4, the compiled graphic novel that includes The Fall and The Chain.
5. The Second Edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia.
6. The flag and the belt buckle. (the buckle mostly)

If they can't give us the physical items, they should at least make the available through UbiWorkshop, especially the Subject 4 graphic novel.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Digital bundle is not possible. Retail specific DLC.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
You want the buckle... explain that to me please. Not that it's a bad thing, I just haven't seen anyone who actually likes the buckle so I just want to understand different points of view.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 03:37 PM
The buckle is a walking ad.

Serrachio
07-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I like the shape of it. :/

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
There was on put up in UbiWorkShop that was much better than that.

Serrachio
07-08-2012, 03:57 PM
There was on put up in UbiWorkShop that was much better than that.

I know, but items on the UbiWorkshop often run out of stock, and they rarely replenish them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 03:58 PM
But when you do that one better and put a inferior one in the COLLECTORS EDITION it just seems odd.

BATISTABUS
07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm plenty satisfied with the NA collectors edition. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Wait, I thought you did not like it...o,e

Hitman84
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm plenty satisfied with the NA collectors edition. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

If the NA LE was the same item being offered around the world I doubt any of us would have a problem with it. the problem simply is it's inferior to what the rest of the world is getting and, time and again, ubisoft has done this.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I think the problem lies with the ''Staggeringly amazing'' promise.

SoullessKassidy
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
signed but knowing ubi over the last few years, won't happen, so as of now not buying anything but may just ebay freedom

SoullessKassidy
07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I think the problem lies with the ''Staggeringly amazing'' promise.

not entirely, even without that promise, I know I would still be pretty pissed because no matter what they say or think, this would be yet another title we get a inferior CE compared to the rest of the world. The promise didn't help but its not the fault, myself would still by outraged at this pos CE we are getting

Black_Widow9
07-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Please use this already created Topic.
Thanks