PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Battleground: Program Tonight

DONB3397
05-06-2004, 03:59 PM
For people with Discovery Wings, the channel is carrying something called "Wings Showcase" in three programs tonight.

1) The Biggest Battle - Battles of the South Pacific are determined by air superiority.
2) Return to the Pacific - Battle of the Bismark Sea.
3) U-Boats in WWII. -- no description.

On the west coast, U.S., these will run back-to-back beginning at 5 p.m. and again at 8 p.m.

These guys take some license with the facts, but it might add some additional data to our debates here. I believe these may be fresh mixes; I don't remember these titles/descriptions before.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BCBnZmABiF53LZQo
"And now I see with eye serene/The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,/A Traveller between life and death."
-- William Wordsworth

DONB3397
05-06-2004, 03:59 PM
For people with Discovery Wings, the channel is carrying something called "Wings Showcase" in three programs tonight.

1) The Biggest Battle - Battles of the South Pacific are determined by air superiority.
2) Return to the Pacific - Battle of the Bismark Sea.
3) U-Boats in WWII. -- no description.

On the west coast, U.S., these will run back-to-back beginning at 5 p.m. and again at 8 p.m.

These guys take some license with the facts, but it might add some additional data to our debates here. I believe these may be fresh mixes; I don't remember these titles/descriptions before.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BCBnZmABiF53LZQo
"And now I see with eye serene/The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,/A Traveller between life and death."
-- William Wordsworth

Capt._Tenneal
05-06-2004, 06:10 PM
I've seen previews for these programs and they look like they would be of interest for PF fans. I saw B-25s on low-level strafing runs against Marus (Japanese merchant ships) and also some footage of what seemed like parafrag drops.

I'll definitely check it out.