PDA

View Full Version : What Assassins Creed game is best?

BloodyDuckers
07-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Which story is best? Which one gives you more exploration, decisions, best stealth stuff? Out of AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, or Revelations? Interested in buying one this week.. Help is much appreciated. (:

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 03:48 PM
AC II.
Just go buy it, thank me later.

Sushiglutton
07-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I would also go with AC2. It's a pretty mindblowing game. I think AC:B is slightly better, but it makes much more sense to start with AC2.

MT4K
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
AC II.
Just go buy it, thank me later.

Cannot argue with that lol.

Yeah it is generally accepted by a large portion of the community that ac2 is the best game currently in the series.

an-assassin
07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
here is my best to worst: ac2 (10/10), acR (9/10), AC1 (9/10), acB (8/10).

no matter what, you should start with ac2. I am saying this because, many players wont like ac1. So Its important, that you get a good first expirience. if you start with acb or acr, the story will confuse you. So ac2 all the way.

an-assassin
07-07-2012, 04:22 PM
oh, by the way, sorry, unless you mean freedom to complete the mission the way you want it (an element ac1 mastered, ac2 was pretty good at and abd and acr wasnt that good at), there wont be any decisions. remember, you are RELIVNG the lives of an ancestor. not shaping it.

rileypoole1234
07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
AC2. Just buy it.

Vex_Assassin
07-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Ac2

JCearlyyears
07-07-2012, 04:29 PM
ac1/ac2

FrankieSatt
07-07-2012, 04:36 PM
So far the best game in the series is HANDS DOWN ACII. That might change however when ACIII comes out.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I dont think ''might'' more like it will change ;P

FrankieSatt
07-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I dont think ''might'' more like it will change ;P

Giving what we know now, I agree ACIII will top ACII. However, I'm not going overboard just yet. I'm going to wait until I play the game to make sure.

Slayer_WTF
07-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Assassin's Creed I

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Do not start with AC1.
I love the game, but you may dislike it. And that's not a good first impression.
I am 300% positive that you will like AC II.

Turul.
07-07-2012, 05:40 PM
i love brotherhood.

not sure why people poop on it so much.

story is good

chain kills added.

crossbow added

brotherhood added

less buggy, graphics are better, and mulitplayer!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 05:42 PM
AC II has a better story + more content.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Probably between AC2 and ACB. ACB perfected the AC2 formula and refined the mechanics even further, but AC2 had this big origins arc of Ezio that feel like a grand adventure.

BBALive
07-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 > Brotherhood > Revelations > Assassin's Creed 1

In my opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:47 PM
No.
AC II > AC1 > AC:B > AC:R
Or AC II > AC1 = AC:B > AC:R

BBALive
07-07-2012, 06:53 PM
No.

You can't say "no", it's my opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:55 PM
No as in that is my opinion ;P

LightRey
07-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I've said this before
AC1 =~ AC2 =~ ACB =~ ACR =~ AC1

Yes, I'm aware I've mentioned AC1 twice.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Wait...how is it in 2 places?

LightRey
07-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Wait...how is it in 2 places?
It's to signify that there is no significant decline or incline between the games.

MT4K
07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
It's to signify that there is no significant decline or incline between the games.

Done so brilliantly as well i might add lol. Genius.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I agree with most of you in saying that you should start with AC2. Really not that much went on in the first game (if anything) that isn't explained in the second. Also, the ending to AC2 is one of the best proper mindf**ks I've ever seen.

So:

AC2 > Brotherhood > AC1 > Revelations

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Skip Rev and see it's story on YT.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Skip Rev and see it's story on YT.

I was really disappointed with Revelations. In my opinion, it is definitely the weakest link of the games in all aspects: story, gamplay, city, etc.

I don't know what it is about it, but I can't explore around Constantinople for 10 minutes without getting extremely bored.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I agree. In Brotherhood, I just walked around killing random guards and could stay hours doing that.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:49 PM
I think Brotherhood nailed the open-world aspect of the series better than the rest of the games, but AC2 had a much better story, was a HUGE jump of improvement from AC1, and was just a great sequel in every way.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
No AC game yet compares too roaming Venice for me. Except maybe Acre/Jerusalem in AC1.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I remember swimming the length of the great canal and just enjoying the atmosphere. Truly an amazing game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I used too stick too the rooftops, and Armor of Altair looked shiny in Venice.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 08:16 PM
You should watch this, Hasoon. (http://youtu.be/K9nU2dd-_Pc?t=3m48s)

Listen to the way the audience gasps after Ezio double assassinates those guards. It's a trope in the games by now, but it still strikes awe in me to see such a seemingly meaningless feature be so awesome to the audience.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:18 PM
How much we come since then...
Where is the HUD o_o

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't think they showed the HUD for any of the other gameplay demos in the games. Apart from AC3 of course.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:31 PM
You would easily not notice the AC III hud, as it is moved down instead of up.

oliacr
07-07-2012, 09:08 PM
AC 2 / ACRevelations

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 09:12 PM
AC II I think is the best starting point other than 1 obviously, but II is a better game.

Turul.
07-07-2012, 10:09 PM
No.

you seriously think the monotonous game play of AC1 is better than revelations?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah.
Atleast it lasted more than 9 hours.

SixKeys
07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
you seriously think the monotonous game play of AC1 is better than revelations?

I certainly do. I've played through AC1 at least a dozen times and am currently forcing my way through Revelations a second time.

Sarari
07-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I always thought starting with AC1 would be better for the new guys, considering it would make AC2 look like a god game :P

But I always liked AC1 the most. It was like an introduction to a whole new generation of games, it really was. So no matter what, It's always gonna be AC1 for me.

LightRey
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah.
Atleast it lasted more than 9 hours.
That's what your mom said. ;)

Seriously though, quality > quantity my friend.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 10:21 PM
AC1 had more quality + quantity.
Atleast it had ASSASSINATIONS. In a you know, ASSASSIN'S Creed game.

SixKeys
07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I always thought starting with AC1 would be better for the new guys, considering it would make AC2 look like a god game :P

But I always liked AC1 the most. It was like an introduction to a whole new generation of games, it really was. So no matter what, It's always gonna be AC1 for me.

True dat, plus AC1 is going for really cheap prices these days. In the recent Steam sale you could get it for 2 euros and on the PS3 it came bundled with Revelations for free. AC2 might be the best storywise and game length, but for the full experience I would still recommend starting with AC1.

PeaceMaker_101
07-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I guess that I'll go with renting AC2 when it comes to introducing myself to this franchise, as I prepare myself for ACIII.

And just as RDR went with offering very nice natural environments, ACIII will have that to offer its gamers, too, so I'm really excited about experiencing that kind of gameplay.

D.I.D.
07-07-2012, 11:32 PM
As others say, start with AC2. You might enjoy AC1 as well, but many people have been put off the whole series because of their discontent with the first game, and they've missed some of the best games ever made.

Although AC1 was a fantastic achievement and a jaw-dropping experience at the time, it did have certain flaws. Uniquely in the series, the game required you to complete mini-investigations before going for the target. This was a great idea, but the design couldn't easily handle it so it allowed you to go for the assassination after gathering just a couple of pieces of information. It rarely felt like the information you gained actually assisted you in the assassination. This idea of player-driven investigation was dropped in later games, but many people still miss it, and with good reason. Ultimately, AC1 gets a bit repetitive.

Play AC2 (best story, great fun), then get AC: Brotherhood (best gameplay, and quite an important chapter of the continuing story too). AC: Revelations is really good-looking, but I can't really recommend it beyond that. If you see AC:R at a really low price, go for it, but it has a lot of problems and its story isn't likely to have any lasting impact on the series.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 11:36 PM
The problem with AC1 was the missions were repetitive, they could have gotten around that but I guess back then that would have been tough.
And the idea was carried over into later games, just in a different, VARIED way.
I could list examples, but spoilers. And I dont want too spoil anything.

D.I.D.
07-07-2012, 11:43 PM
The problem with AC1 was the missions were repetitive, they could have gotten around that but I guess back then that would have been tough.
And the idea was carried over into later games, just in a different, VARIED way.
I could list examples, but spoilers. And I dont want too spoil anything.

There are investigations, but as I was saying they're not really player-driven after AC1; the game explicitly steers you towards them as part of the mission when they're necessary. I suppose you could say that it's only the illusion of the investigations being player-driven in AC1 really, since you're just going to map markers to kick those sections off.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 11:46 PM
The way they were done later on was a much better way, that if they opted for in the first game could have been much better game. But AC1 is still non the less second best for me behind AC II.

Jexx21
07-08-2012, 01:33 AM
The one with the hidden blade.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:34 AM
..That would be all of them.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 01:38 AM
The AC series cannot be recommended by story, if you`re indeed for the story, then you cant choose the "best" one in terms of story, because basically that sort of mentality does not exit in the AC games. if you`re in for the story then you`ll have to get all in order to understand, because each one as a stand alone story just sucks.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:41 AM
The AC series cannot be recommended by story, if you`re indeed for the story, then you cant choose the "best" one in terms of story, because basically that sort of mentality does not exit in the AC games. if you`re in for the story then you`ll have to get all in order to understand, because each one as a stand alone story just sucks.

Umm....no. Only one as a ''stand alone'' that sucks is Revelations. It was horrible on all levels, you can perfectly start from any game other than that.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Umm....no. Only one as a ''stand alone'' that sucks is Revelations. It was horrible on all levels, you can perfectly start from any game other than that.
Try playing only Assassins Creed II and try to forget that AC I and Brotherhood ever existed..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:49 AM
I easily can. AC II specially is a very good stand alone story because it's a new guy.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 01:50 AM
I easily can. AC II specially is a very good stand alone story because it's a new guy.
Oh yeah I also didn't say forget about Desmond did I ?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:57 AM
You cant ''forget'' about Desmond, he is a important part of any of the games. That's like saying forget the Assassin's.

Helforsite
07-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Ultimate opinion: AC1~=AC2>ACB>ACR
For every other opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
PS.: No troll itended, just the truth.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 02:01 AM
You cant ''forget'' about Desmond, he is a important part of any of the games. That's like saying forget the Assassin's.
Exactly, try playing AC II ONLY and you wont understand crap about Desmond..

RatonhnhakeFan
07-08-2012, 02:02 AM
AC2 still can somehow work as a standalone because the opening Desmond montage which is nothing more than "previously-on" thingy recaptures just one game. Not 3 games like it happens with Revelations

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Yes you will..through re-cap.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Ultimate opinion: AC1~=AC2>ACB>ACR
For every other opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
PS.: No troll itended, just the truth.
I can equally think that about your opinion. Its not trolling, its stupid and by it calling it the truth, it just made you look Ignorant..

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Yes you will..through re-cap.
Im not referring to that, im talking about how it ends..
the ending just leaves you hanging in both Desmond and Ezio`s stories. and usually, cliffhangers can be frustrating..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Then you will need too play the next game. Just like every game, you cant judge a game based of cliff hangers, because they are supposed too make you buy the next.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Then you will need too play the next game. Just like every game, you cant judge a game based of cliff hangers, because they are supposed too make you buy the next.
MY POINT EXACTLY DARN IT !!i

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:08 AM
How does that make it a bad stand alone story?
It's part of a series, but if you put it as a stand alone game, the story is great, but since it is part of a series it has a cliff hanger. You cant say it is a ''bad'' stand alone because it has a cliff hanger.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 02:12 AM
How does that make it a bad stand alone story?
It's part of a series, but if you put it as a stand alone game, the story is great, but since it is part of a series it has a cliff hanger. You cant say it is a ''bad'' stand alone because it has a cliff hanger.
You do not understand. A narrative is how the story is told and how it progresses through events and plot elements; a cliff hanger is a plot element which in turn is a part of a narrative. Cliff hangers usually leave readers/players/watchers frustrated and wanting more; Cliff hangers display an incomplete story, thus making it an average one.

AND YOU JUST REPEATED MY WORDS !! Assassins Creed has to be experienced as a series not as a stand alone game if you play it for the story.. -___-

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Oh...I thought you meant as in the actual story is bad..xD
Yeah, in that way I agree. Experience it as a series, as it is made too be a series narrative.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Oh...I thought you meant as in the actual story is bad..xD
Yeah, in that way I agree. Experience it as a series, as it is made too be a series narrative.
Oh thank god.. xD

AssassinGame1
07-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Assassin's Creed 2, its old but still the best.

EzioAssassin51
07-08-2012, 02:40 PM

How? Just... how? If anything... Assassin's Creed Revelations, at least in terms of Ezio's story, is the best stand-alone since it has little to do with Ezio's previous struggles with the Borgia. You could argue Desmond's story being confusing, but it's be the same as AC2 and B, as there's an opening sequence to explain it and it continues on from a cliffhanger.

If you're in it for the story, play AC1. If you're in it for the gameplay, play ACB (more refined AC2 Gameplay IMO).

If you're in it for both, start at AC1, especially if you're one of those gamers who doesn't necessarily care about or notice repetition much. I didn't notice repetition in AC1 the first time I played it, although obviously it would become a bit of a drag replaying missions and going through Al Mualim's speeches.

If anything, AC1 is probably the one to go with. While it put many people off, it put millions of people onto a franchise. It made me fall in love with the games, with awesome atmosphere, great, intense, mysterious story and some gritty combat and fun killing :p that is awesome once you have the hang of it! (Being able to counter with the hidden blade and do air assassinations etc.)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 03:45 PM
But it is largely inferior too AC II due too the repetitive missions. And no free roam unless you go back too sequence 6 and forget about De Sable.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 03:31 AM
But it is largely inferior too AC II due too the repetitive missions. And no free roam unless you go back too sequence 6 and forget about De Sable.

But like I said, if you can overlook that (which I did, in the many times I've replayed it) it's a great game. And it does have free-roam, you just have to get in the Animus and finish a talk with Al Mualim. Plus, AC1 gives so much more insight on Abstergo and the Templars in the Modern Day (with all the e-mails and stuff), which is a vital story element!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 03:39 AM
I have about 520 hours into AC1, dont get me wrong, but it is inferior too AC II tho.
I dedicated my life too AC1 when it first came out, I dont know why, but all the games following I had less play time on...

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 05:21 AM
I have about 520 hours into AC1, dont get me wrong, but it is inferior too AC II tho.
I dedicated my life too AC1 when it first came out, I dont know why, but all the games following I had less play time on...

Because it's a great game, and one you should start off with if you're planning to go on with the AC Franchise ;)

If you play AC2 first and go from there, or even go back to AC1, you might feel a lot more put off AC1 than if you played it first, due to the obvious improvements AC2 had!

JumpInTheFire13
07-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Play them in order (AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 05:45 AM
AC:R I do not really know, if you play BH and feel tired of Ezio, do not play Rev. If you really want too see the end, go for it.

medcsu
07-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Order of significance/reasoning:

1) AC2 - Simply stated it was dynamic and outstanding. From the new direction, to the out of animus rhetoric, to the story (outstanding), to the in game rhetoric. I truly believe AC2 should be a 9.5 to a 10. It is simply that good.
2) ACB - ACB took all that worked in AC2 and refined it. Just a wonderful follow up game to AC2 that not only continues a fantastic story line, but enhances it by leaps and bounds. Further the upgraded difficulty system (100 percent sync) really gave us players who wanted more of a challenge and were not challenged in AC2 a type of bonus play. Truly a must have along with AC2.
3) ACR - Though I will admit I was disappointed there were no assassination/romani/thief missions (no idea why) and though I will admit the in game story dragged a TINY bit, it was still a winner and cannot be discounted as a wonderful game. Why? Quite simply it concludes the story to two amazing characters (Ezio and Altair) and finally gives us a glimpse into what happened all those years before with Those Who Came Before. Further, the Desmond (and Subject 16) journey through his memories was quite enjoyable and was a cool change of pace.
4) AC1 - I understand it is a landbreaking game and I enjoyed the sites we went to, but frankly, I was majorly disappointed in the AC1 gameplay. From it's repetitive missions (steal this, save citizen, listen to that, kill target, rinse/repeat). That being said, the STORY was excellent and gave the gamer a clear introduction to the Apple and the power(s) that come from them and a slight intro to the Templar order. I simply cannot give AC1 a score over a (average) 7 based on the repetitive gameplay, however, for the first of this series that has been outstanding and improved upon (basically) in every edition, it was great. It is my supreme hope that Ubisoft revisits AC1 someday and redesigns the entire system to that of something similar to AC2 in regards to not the same thing over and over but in a different area. AC1 could have been one of the greatest games of all time, but it's short comings made it simply average, but, a great introduction to this fantastic series.

Hope that helps (to the OP).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 06:15 AM
If you played AC1 after AC2/AC:B/AC:R you will despise it out of how repetitive it is.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 07:11 AM
If you played AC1 after AC2/AC:B/AC:R you will despise it out of how repetitive it is.

Exactly, so play AC1 first and go in order. The order of 'significance' would be AC1, 2, B then R and the order of 'Gameplay' would be Brotherhood, Revelation, 2, then 1. I say this because Brotherhood and Revelations are vast improvements of AC2's gameplay.

...I will admit the in game story dragged a TINY bit...

Ok, now people are just looking for stuff to complain about. You seriously thought the game dragged out? You thought the 10 hour AC game with 9 Sequences dragged out?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 07:13 AM
10?
I beat it in 9. I beat that sin against mankind in 9.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 07:14 AM
10?
I beat it in 9. I beat that sin against mankind in 9.

Whatever, I'm not talking about exact time and stuff, I'm sure someone else out there beat it in 5, and someone else beat it in 15. Again, it's not really THAT bad, now you're just over-exaggerating. You act like it was unplayable, with no significance at all to the AC plot, like it was a completely different game WHICH IT WAS NONE OF THOSE THINGS!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 07:17 AM
And mind you, those 9 included side quests and attempts at full sync. I really hate the game, quite honestly I would say skip and fin a synopsis on YT.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 07:19 AM
And mind you, those 9 included side quests and attempts at full sync. I really hate the game, quite honestly I would say skip and fin a synopsis on YT.

You must have rushed straight through it then because it's not that empty a game. I know, but there's no need to keep on bagging it. We all know that you hate it for some god forsaken reason, so please stop pointing it out all the time. It's a perfectly good game and one that should not be skipped if you're playing through the series.

medcsu
07-09-2012, 07:20 AM

Well I played it both before and after and really didnt like that aspect but did love the setting which kept me wanting to go on. I really hope they revisit and revise it down the line.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 07:22 AM
I probably connected with the setting the best from here, as I originate from the setting....it felt really awesome that exploring the place.
Altair's accent killed it tho.
And if you REALLY want to play Rev, rent/used copy.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 07:25 AM
I probably connected with the setting the best from here, as I originate from the setting....it felt really awesome that exploring the place.

Altair's accent isn't too bad, just a matter of personal preference I guess :p

... Or new, whichever you like :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Not really, he stood out like a sore thumb with a American accent..in the Middle East....in the Crusades...
Logic.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Not really, he stood out like a sore thumb with a American accent..in the Middle East....in the Crusades...
Logic.

Kinda explained in game though (which is reasonable I say), but it's not like he spoke out loud much other than to Al Mualim and stuff :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 07:29 AM
...But why did the Animus in AC II accent Ezio?
Still, the voice acting it self sucked. Dude in Rev was much better.

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2012, 07:39 AM
...But why did the Animus in AC II accent Ezio?
Still, the voice acting it self sucked. Dude in Rev was much better.

Cause it's a different Animus with upgrades and a better system, minus the glitches where Italian comes through :P

Hahaha well I liked it :) AHUH!! Something in Rev you liked! :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Altair segments *The only good segments in the game, mind you* were 5 minutes, so yeah...not much too cover up 18 hours of AC1.

BRANDONxPRODIGY
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
start with ac2 and buy the other games after that. if you want u cna buy ac1 but it was terrible and really boring and you will pick up a lot of the story in the next games. you could also read the plot on wikipedia

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:01 PM
start with ac2 and buy the other games after that. if you want u cna buy ac1 but it was terrible and really boring and you will pick up a lot of the story in the next games. you could also read the plot on wikipedia

I dis-agree so much.....
But hey, your opinion.
Play AC1 then AC III, just for the massive lulz.

medcsu
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Yeah the setting in AC1 might have been the best collection (although I still believe Venice is the best overall city recreation) of city areas. Forgot about Altairs accent in AC1, it was simply out of place and poor.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:24 PM
I agree. Venice was the best re-creation and AC1 had the best collection.
I did love killing civilians post game in Masyaf, so much for the Creed...lol.

TaleraRis
07-10-2012, 01:34 AM
To the OP:

You mention the best story. If you want story, my recommendation is to start with the first one and continue from there. The gameplay lacks in the first one compared to later entries, but I can honestly say that elements of the story in later games wouldn't have impacted me the way they did if I hadn't played the first game before them.
If you're just worried about gameplay, I would skip to 2 and wiki the story from 1. You will probably find 1 a bit boring and frustrating if that's your angle.

If you want the full experience, though, play them in order, do all the side quests especially glyphs and rifts in later entries, and do the DLC.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Specially do the Brotherhood DLC. Not only is it really good DLC, at the end it has a nice little hint at AC III...

Sharkey1337
07-10-2012, 02:46 AM
My favorite is probably Brotherhood.

It's based in one of my favorite ancient cities (Rome), which you can actually invest in and repair
The opening sequence is pretty jaw-dropping worthy
It has a great cast of characters, the story is perfect and more directly against the Borgia Templar family
It feels like a more intimate story of Ezio as he has to recover from the destruction of his home while having a direct 'nemesis' target
You actually create a brotherhood of assassins that you can actually use
New gadgets like the crossbow, parachute, poison darts, etc. are awesome
I loved the Leonardo machine missions as each one offered a unique experience
Desmond's story actually matters and is significant, details the modern assassins more
Chain kills enable you to really play as badass Ezio
The Davinci Disappearance was actually worthwhile and relevant to the plot, connecting right into AC3
Introduced an innovative multiplayer game

I can just keep going on and on, but yeah Brotherhood is simply my favorite in the series as it simply enhanced and perfected what was great in AC2. Revelations was such a disappointment for me after how amazing Brotherhood was as it just wasn't the same leap in gameplay. Thankfully AC3 will definitely fit that bill.:D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 02:47 AM
ACIII will make all the rest be ashamed...

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 03:39 AM
AC I was the best as far as plot (Templars had noble purposes) and direction (more stealth-based). AC II was the biggest step up and had the best locations, AC:B was the best in terms of gameplay (multiple combat additions, 100% Synch, re-playable missions, a good tutorial mode), and AC:R was the best in terms of how the story was told (cinematics, good chemistry/relationships between characters).

AC I was the worst in terms of repetitiveness (and as a result of Altair's old voice, voice acting), AC II might've had the least memorable story (besides the end, of course), AC:B was the worst as far as painting Templars as complete villains, and AC:R was the worst in terms of adding unpopular features and feeling stale.

Take from my two cents what you will.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 03:42 AM
AC I was the best as far as plot (Templars had noble purposes) and direction (more stealth-based). AC II was the biggest step up and had the best locations, AC:B was the best in terms of gameplay (multiple combat additions, 100% Synch, re-playable missions, a good tutorial mode), and AC:R was the best in terms of how the story was told (cinematics, good chemistry/relationships between characters).

AC I was the worst in terms of repetitiveness (and as a result of Altair's old voice, voice acting), AC II might've had the least memorable story (besides the end, of course), AC:B was the worst as far as painting Templars as complete villains, and AC:R was the worst in terms of adding unpopular features and feeling stale.

Take from my two cents what you will.

Being more stealth based as a better ''direction'' is pretty subjective, some will see it as a negative and some as a positive.

medcsu
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
You know what's really cool. AC has turned into a global phenom game in regards to people being excited for it's setting. The fact it is coming to America in AC3 is exciting. It really reminds me (seriously....think about it) of the Olympics in that everyone wants it to center around their country/culture and even if it isn't, we learn about another country/culture from history. Just a spectacular game that really can bring a world under one banner. In my view, nothing beats that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 08:26 AM
The Illuminati will blow up the Olympics.....
Just kidding :p

pirate1802
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
AC2>ACR>ACB>AC1 for me. Though all the games are pretty much awesome.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
AC:R over AC:B?
Why?

Timeaus
07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Some people actually liked ACR better ACB, it just really depend on your taste really.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
I know, but I wonder what are his reasons behind it.

WolfTemplar94
07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
AC:R over AC:B?
Why?

He has his own personal opinion, believe it or not.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Good god people, I want too know the reasons behind it, I know it is his opinion, but nothing wrong with asking why...

Diabolic702
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I have to agree AC2 is probably the best one. it feels really in-depth to the story line. AC1 isn't of the best gameplay...

pirate1802
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Because ACB felt like an expansion of AC2. Continuing the story, almost the same cast, with the addition of a few.. ACR wfelt like a proper sequel, new setting, new cast, new story and a proper time gap between it and the previous one. And I liked Constantinople muuuch more than Roma :P

tjbyrum1
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
AC II.

It has Ezio, who is very easily likable by anyone. It has the best story of the series so far. It has the best fighting system so far. It has the most cities so far, and each of them are decently sized. It has the best setting.

EzioAssassin51
07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
AC II.

It has Ezio, who is very easily likable by anyone. It has the best story of the series so far. It has the best fighting system so far. It has the most cities so far, and each of them are decently sized. It has the best setting.

I agree with everything here except the fighting... why do you think AC2's is the best? It's pretty much like AC1 only easier with Hidden Blade Combat :p

RatonhnhakeFan
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM

Quite a few people have a really big problem grasping such concept here

DinoSteve1
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
AC2 by far it had none of the sync rate ******** of the other two, nor did it have all the other crappy things like bombs and tower defense.

medcsu
07-10-2012, 09:29 PM

I could see people liking ACR. The sum conclusion of the Ezio and Altair story was a cool ending, as was the Sofia sections/Claudia letter mini cutscenes. Unfortunare they were so few and far between but those are the only reasons I can see.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Good god people....
If everybody keeps saying ''his opinion'' we wont have any sort of conversations here. I want too know WHY.
That seems the hardest concept for people to grasp around here.
AC II was not like AC1 in terms of combat, hidden blade was combat useable, countering has been changed, multiple types of weapon, different archetypes, things like ledge assassinations, air assassinations, hay bale assassinations *May not count as combat, but still*

MT4K
07-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Good god people....
If everybody keeps saying ''his opinion'' we wont have any sort of conversations here. I want too know WHY.
That seems the hardest concept for people to grasp around here.
AC II was not like AC1 in terms of combat, hidden blade was combat useable,

Sorry but the hidden blade was very combat useable in AC1. It just took a bit of practice with the timing compared to AC2 and beyond where the window was much bigger and you really could just randomly hit the button more than worry about timing it right. But the hidden blade was definitely "combat useable" in AC1.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:21 AM
But it was not supposed to be used in combat. Since you could not block or attack, just counter.

MT4K
07-11-2012, 12:29 AM
But it was not supposed to be used in combat. Since you could not block or attack, just counter.

I suppose, but my point was that it very much was useable with practice :D. It was also very satisfying because you felt really badass if you could do it perfectly.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:34 AM
I played a entire play through with it, it is useable, but not meant to be :p

kudos17
07-11-2012, 01:06 AM
I liked the Hidden Blade in AC1 because it was harder to use.

You couldn't block and you had less of a window to time counter-attacks, but you were rewarded with a cool insta-kill on pretty much anyone. I wish they had kept that feature. The hidden blade was never made for two-handed combat usage, I don't care what Altair says :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 01:11 AM
It was showing it's age, a upgrade had to be done.
And it really was not that hard
Throw + assassinate = done.

EzioAssassin51
07-11-2012, 01:33 AM
It was showing it's age, a upgrade had to be done.
And it really was not that hard
Throw + assassinate = done.

If it was not meant to be used it wouldn't be useable... so while it's main purpose is not for combat, there is nothing saying it can't be used in combat!

But you can choose whether or not to take the easy way out and do that, and some guards can grab break. I preferred waiting for a guard to be distracted then assassinating him and countering all the other guards :P

And AC2 is very similar to AC1, only a lot easier, minus some things like the grab breaks and the add on of different weapons. It still works the same. Stand and wait, counter or aggressively attack and kill or be countered

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 01:35 AM
It was not meant for you to use it as a primary ''Yeah, this is what I am gonna go into battle with'' weapon, also shown by the fact the game auto draws out the sword.

ShaneO7K
07-11-2012, 01:41 AM
AC1 has always been my favourite, while it had its flaws everything just had an epic feel to it. I remember the first time I saw AC1 gameplay was when my friend had got it and my mind was blown away by it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 01:43 AM
While I love AC1, I do strongly believe AC II was better. But, if you start with AC1, the amount of improvement will really impress you.

xRoasted
07-11-2012, 07:08 AM
AC2 has the best story, but I really didn't enjoy the combat.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 07:09 AM
AC2 has the best story, but I really didn't enjoy the combat.

I think the combat was a bit TOO slow in AC II, one way to combat that is always taunt.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Combat is better in Brotherhood and Revelations, but AC2 is the better game tbh.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:04 AM
AC:B could be argued as being the perfected ACII, but ACII had a better story.

medcsu
07-11-2012, 11:15 AM
AC:B could be argued as being the perfected ACII, but ACII had a better story.

I don't think it can be argued, it is fact. ACB took everything AC2 had and improved it and simply made it better. However, as you said, AC2 is simply the better story as was so mind boggling it is easily one of the biggest "WTF" moments of all time in gaming. If Ubisoft can complete the circle and end this series on a great note, then there is no question this HAS to be a top 3-5 ranked series of all time, hands down.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Argued because it did not perfect the story aspect.
I feel like I am the only one who understood the end of AC II without searching it up..Lol.

medcsu
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Argued because it did not perfect the story aspect.
I feel like I am the only one who understood the end of AC II without searching it up..Lol.

I loved the ACB ending. The only thing that is still up in the air is the Lucy issue. While I do feel she was a sleeper Templar and Juno was simply taking out the trash, I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of Lucy (and I haven't even checked the net to see if she is cast in 3).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Obviously you did, she was buried.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I loved the ACB ending. The only thing that is still up in the air is the Lucy issue. While I do feel she was a sleeper Templar and Juno was simply taking out the trash, I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of Lucy (and I haven't even checked the net to see if she is cast in 3).
You can have all the feelings you like, we have more than enough reason to believe she's dead and gone if only for obvious storytelling reasons.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Not just that, her voice actor signed only for 3 games. Not 5.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Not just that, her voice actor signed only for 3 games. Not 5.
That argument never made any sense. You would have to have gotten a look at her contract for that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, when Brotherhood came out, some re-search came up with the 3 games only, so I thought I would throw that out there :nonchalance:

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Well, when Brotherhood came out, some re-search came up with the 3 games only, so I thought I would throw that out there :nonchalance:
Nobody ever presented any research. People just started claiming it outta nowhere. I'm quite convinced someone somewhere just brought it up as a possibility and somewhere down the line people morphed it from theory into fact.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Uhh..internet, you never dis-appoint.
Still, no way is she becoming back from the dead.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Uhh..internet, you never dis-appoint.
Still, no way is she becoming back from the dead.
Well I agree with that one. I just don't see it happening. It would make no sense story-wise as TWCB wanted her dead for a reason (considering them using phrases such as "The cross darkens the horizon." I suspect her ties to the Templars and her assigned duties, may well have been their main concern). People just want her back because they liked her.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I never really liked her, always preferred Rebecca.
How will she come back? the shroud cant bring back the dead, the TWCB want her dead, and nobody there is a sorcerer..

DinoSteve1
Its not impossible that she could, but I highly doubt it, it would be nice though if we seen more evidence of her duplicity.

LightRey
I never really liked her, always preferred Rebecca.
How will she come back? the shroud cant bring back the dead, the TWCB want her dead, and nobody there is a sorcerer..
Well some people believe she never died. -___-

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Wait...she got buried....
How the hell is she alive? -,,-

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Wait...she got buried....
How the hell is she alive? -,,-

We are told she was, that doesn't make it true, but again I doubt she is alive.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Shawn went there and saw it. Pretty sure he is not lieing.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
That's pretty much the argument, but there's no good reason not to believe they were telling the truth really. They didn't even know Desmond could hear them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Shawn was there.
-____-

LightRey
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Shawn was there.
-____-
Exactly, and he has no good reason to lie, especially because he doesn't know Desmond can hear him.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 01:20 PM
And why would he lie? it is a long time colleague, he wont just be like ''HURR DURR LETS LIE!''

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
And why would he lie? it is a long time colleague, he wont just be like ''HURR DURR LETS LIE!''

There are plenty of reasons why he might have lied

off the top of my head.

1. He is also a member of Abstergo
2. They are hiding it from Desmond for some reason, and they think he might be able to over hear.

I have to point out I'm playing Devil's advocate here, I think Lucy is dead.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
If he was a member of Abstergo, he would have leaked all the info, everything, it would have been revealed in the DLC, hell, it wont make sense, he could have just have the co-ordinates on the road too Abstergo.
Why would they hide it? if they were, they would not all be in a mixed emotional state.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
If he was a member of Abstergo, he would have leaked all the info, everything, it would have been revealed in the DLC, hell, it wont make sense, he could have just have the co-ordinates on the road too Abstergo.
Why would they hide it? if they were, they would not all be in a mixed emotional state.

Spy's are not very good spies if they get caught leaking info all over the place.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
There are plenty of reasons why he might have lied

off the top of my head.

1. He is also a member of Abstergo
2. They are hiding it from Desmond for some reason, and they think he might be able to over hear.

I have to point out I'm playing Devil's advocate here, I think Lucy is dead.
-___-
Shaun a member of Abstergo?
1. If that were the case, why didn't Vidic tell Lucy and why didn't she work together with him? Also, why wouldn't he just tell the Templars where all the Assassin teams are hiding since he's the one managing them?!
2. That's even more ridiculous. Desmond is in a coma. If they were thinking he might overhear, they wouldn't be saying anything, not having fake random conversations.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
-___-
1. If that were the case, why didn't Vidic tell Lucy and why didn't she work together with him? Also, why wouldn't he just tell the Templars where all the Assassin teams are hiding since he's the one managing them?!
2. That's even more ridiculous. Desmond is in a coma. If they were thinking he might overhear, they wouldn't be saying anything, not having fake random conversations.

1. I don't think he was, I'm just saying its not a stretch for him to be one, honestly he could just sitting there waiting for Abstergo's end game plan, when they could wipe out all the assassins in one go.
2. Lets face it Desmond was in no normal coma and from what I can gather Bill knows about the animus and the effects it has on ones mind so its not a great leap of logic to presume that he knows Desmond could over hear them.

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
-___-

Shaun basically makes fun of Desmond throughout revelations, he even questions his allegiance and authenticity..

and bloody hell if he was with abstergo, then there was plenty of time for a double assassination in the Colosseum Vault..

WolfTemplar94
07-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I do wish they hadn't killed Lucy though :/ I have a major crush on Kristen Bell. She's adorable.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I have a major crush on Kristen Bell. She's adorable.

I agree with this

kudos17
07-11-2012, 03:48 PM

You can never know, only suspect...

But yeah, she's most likely dead. :p Really no reason to bring her back story-wise, if they did they'd just be reaching for a bad M. Night Shyamalan twist. I hope Desmond finds out why she was killed though. Does anyone who didn't play the DLC and doesn't really go on these forums even know she was a Templar? I mean...

WolfTemplar94
07-11-2012, 03:54 PM
You can never know, only suspect...

But yeah, she's most likely dead. :p Really no reason to bring her back story-wise, if they did they'd just be reaching for a bad M. Night Shyamalan twist. I hope Desmond finds out why she was killed though. Does anyone who didn't play the DLC and doesn't really go on these forums even know she was a Templar? I mean...

That's the problem. Regular fans are going to be really confused. Although, I can't see there being any way for Desmond to find out.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Because it is bad marketing too put such a big aspect in a DLC, that has gameplay that a particular group likes.