PDA

View Full Version : A Diagram of Conflict in Assassin's Creed 3

Turul.
07-04-2012, 08:57 PM
A lot of debates on these forums have been focused on the neutrality of Connor, and the allegiance of the Templar's. I've decided to create a diagram based on the information we've been given so far, and the advertising we've seen, just to clear things up.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg201/scaled.php?server=201&filename=64543701.jpg&res=landing

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I want friendly relations on both sides, Templars on both sides, and Connor in the middle

Turul.
07-04-2012, 08:59 PM
well it's obvious this isn't really the case, based on what we've been given

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Cant do much I suppose /:

Kaiskune
07-04-2012, 11:17 PM
to be honest... your diagram is far too simple. the Templars have been shown to have their fingers in more pies than people realize. if the developing team has made it as simple as that.. then they've either ran out of ideas or they just are not trying anymore.

If it was just the marketing I'd agree with it... the videos do little more than demonize the British army as grunts at the beck and call of the templar order (which of course might be the case... we already know there are templars within the BA chain of command we are yet to see how far it goes)
but when we have the Dev interviews where time and time again trying to remind people that Connor is not a Patriot until they are blue in the face. we are bound to see Tempalrs in the Colonial chain of command as well or at least people set to profit immensely from the conflict, the suppression of rebellion or Independence.

the problem when you have 2 heads talking is you don't know which one to listen to. Ubisoft needs to get their asses in gear and silence one of them to stop the conflicting information.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
i can understand British having more Templars, as they were a global empire, but they are flat out demonized at this stage.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:28 PM
i can understand British having more Templars, as they were a global empire, but they are flat out demonized at this stage.
And how exactly are they demonized? We haven't even heard them speak yet.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:29 PM
By demonized as in they are presenting them as the ultimate evil, and Patriots as the ultimate good. I mean, Americans are smarter than that. Pretty sure everybody knows America isn't perfect.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
By demonized as in they are presenting them as the ultimate evil, and Patriots as the ultimate good. I mean, Americans are smarter than that. Pretty sure everybody knows America isn't perfect.
But they're not. They're just being shown as guys being attacked and attacking other guys. Just because Connor has yet to be seen killing people from the other side of the ongoing conflict doesn't mean they're being demonized. That's a huge exaggeration.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:38 PM
The latest trailer was doing what I mentioned, making them look as the ultimate evil force. I am not saying the Americans were the bad guys either, but far from perfect.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:41 PM
The latest trailer was doing what I mentioned, making them look as the ultimate evil force. I am not saying the Americans were the bad guys either, but far from perfect.
Please elaborate, because all I saw was Americans fighting the British.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:44 PM
The dialogue, the way they were displayed, and how they were shown as the ultimate evil force.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 11:48 PM

If you're talking about the Rise trailer, then I agree.
In almost every scene, the British were attacking, or doing bad stuff.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS, BUT THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE ANYWAYS.

Scene 1: War between the Colonists and the Redcoats. Video shows a colonist which looks sad, and you think "Poor colonist, **** redcoats!"
Scene 2: Not sure what to think about this scene.
Scene 3: A farmer looks sad and there's a fire behind him. Probably the redcoats.
Scene 4: REDCOATS TORTURING PEOPLE
Scene 5: Probably redcoats without their jackets destroying a church.
Scene 6: Nothing really.

OT: Nice image. It pretty much is as you described it.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:52 PM
If you're talking about the Rise trailer, then I agree.
In almost every scene, the British were attacking, or doing bad stuff.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS, BUT THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE ANYWAYS.

Scene 1: War between the Colonists and the Redcoats. Video shows a colonist which looks sad, and you think "Poor colonist, **** redcoats!"
Scene 2: Not sure what to think about this scene.
Scene 3: A farmer looks sad and there's a fire behind him. Probably the redcoats.
Scene 4: REDCOATS TORTURING PEOPLE
Scene 5: Probably redcoats without their jackets destroying a church.
Scene 6: Nothing really.

OT: Nice image. It pretty much is as you described it.
All historically accurate and all befitting the theme of Americans rising up against the British, which, y'know, is what the war was about.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
All historically accurate and all befitting the theme of Americans rising up against the British, which, y'know, is what the war was about.

Yes. That is correct.
But were the Americans angels?
I'm just wondering if we'll have any templars at all on the american side.

I think the trailer was really good, and I haven't really had any problems with the recent ones,
because I've done a bit of reading and I understand it better now. I think everyone else should too.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Redcoats did do those things, my problem is not with that particular trailer only, but the entire marketing strategy.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Yes. That is correct.
But were the Americans angels?
I'm just wondering if we'll have any templars at all on the american side.

I think the trailer was really good, and I haven't really had any problems with the recent ones,
because I've done a bit of reading and I understand it better now. I think everyone else should too.
Of course they weren't, but it's about the Americans rising up against the British (hence the title). Sure, I'd say there was some "influence" to make it a -little- patriotic, but I'd still not call this demonizing them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:13 AM
I hope in the end, the chart turns out with Connor in the middle and a cross in the American side aswell.

Deltasparkz
07-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Probably Templars on both countries

oliacr
07-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Probably Templars on both countries

and friends too...

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 11:56 AM
This is actually the only thing that bothers me.

Almost everyone was English in that time period right? Even the the bluecoats, so why do they all have an American accent in this trailer? The little boy even sounds like he's from Texas or something.

Can someone explain this to me please?

Captain Tomatoz
07-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Almost everyone was English in that time period right? Even the the bluecoats, so why do they all have an American accent in this trailer? The little boy even sounds like he's from Texas or something.

If you see the diversity of accents in England alone it's understandable that they won't have an English accent. Just think of it as a regional accent.

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
If you see the diversity of accents in England alone it's understandable that they won't have an English accent. Just think out it as a regional accent.

So it's legit that they sound like modern day Americans in this trailer?

Captain Tomatoz
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM
So it's legit that they sound like modern day Americans in this trailer?

To be honest I don't know. I was just pointing out a possible explanation :)

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:45 PM

Actually, it's not known what the accents were like or how different they were.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Nah, the Patriot you talk too pre-Silus assassination did not have a American accent, neither did anybody in the trailer, it was all mixed really.