PDA

View Full Version : You're AC III Hype score

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Basically, out of 10 (or using words) how excited are you for this game?
Me personally, 8, or in words I used too be extremely excited at the rate of 10 until I discovered how bias the game will be.
What about you?

Slayer_WTF
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
8, but I must admit that every time I see a new news on my hype up a lot ..

I am very afraid for this AC3, very.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:16 PM
My hype is at 8 is because of horribly biased the game will be, and how they are lieing about it.

D173120T
07-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Untill i see some more in game play rather than cut scenes mine will remain at about 4.9.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
.Erm...they shown 2 gameplay demos so far, single player 2, multiplayer 1.

kriegerdesgottes
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
7 or so. I was at about 10 for ACII though :(.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Above@ Reasons?

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I was at a 10, especially during E3. Recent trailers have made that a 9.5.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM
I was a 10 all the way until today.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM

Yeah, pretty much this!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:35 PM
It is specially diss-appointing because it was from Ubisoft. Who are always neutral.

De Filosoof
07-03-2012, 08:35 PM

I'm very excited about this game, can't wait to see how it turns out.

notafanboy
07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
it was a nine at e3, the new trailer lowered it to a 7.5 though

NeroInfernoF7
07-03-2012, 09:23 PM

Why did your hype decrease? (Since the trailer was released yesterday)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
How pro-american the game will be and hope they just blatantly lied too us.

freddie_1897
07-03-2012, 09:31 PM
How pro-american the game will be and hope they just blatantly lied too us.
its not everyday you actually want someone to be lying.

I'm on a 9.5. I'm English and i can see the marketing is biased and i can see why other's are annoyed. but personally I'm not too worried. if any americans actually look at these trailers and think that the British are worse because of them are just idiots and don't deserve my time. and it is a very small amount of people who have done that

eagleforlife1
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM
9.9 for some reason I find myself at the moment more excited for ACL which I will rate at 10. The thought of climbing St. Louis Cathedral, roaming the Lousiana Bayou, hunting alligators and tracking and killing Bernardo de Galvez in Mexico excites me.

rileypoole1234
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm a 10. I don't give a dam about the marketing. The new trailer was really well done I thought. If most of the Templars side with the British, then whatever. We haven't seen nearly anything compared to the whole game. Ubi is still keeping secrets, and I trust them thoroughly.

Sushiglutton
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
About a 9. It's still many months until we can play the game. But so far most things looks stellar. The naval segment is probably the best suprise so far, because it looked so good, almost like it could be its own game.

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm a 10. I don't give a dam about the marketing. The new trailer was really well done I thought. If most of the Templars side with the British, then whatever. We haven't seen nearly anything compared to the whole game. Ubi is still keeping secrets, and I trust them thoroughly.

Yeah I feel like Ubi still have a lot about the game that they haven't shows yet, so a 10 for me. I feel they have improved a lot with AC3 maybe even more than AC2 although AC2 is till my favorite out of the series so far. Maybe when AC3 comes out that will change, but I'm glad that AC series is going in a good direction.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm sure that this will be my favourite so far. I can't wait for October -_-

Turul.
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM

hoping im not dissapointed like i was with revelations (there was very little revealed that i didnt already know)

BK-110
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
My hype level is still at 10. I didn't like the last trailer, mostly because I found it boring. I know the marketing seems very biased, likely to please Americans (no offense to those Americans who actually don't care about their country being shown in an unbiased way), but I doubt the game will be like that in the end.

SixKeys
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm at a 7, I think. AC2 was an enormous step-up from AC1, they just overhauled the entire system and added SO much. I'm not really getting that vibe from AC3. It will be big, no doubt, and they say they've built many things from the ground up, but I don't think it'll be as big of a leap as there was between AC1 and AC2. Partly because AC2 had the element of surprise. Many people weren't expecting it to improve on the first one so much and in so many ways. Now the franchise has 4 games on its record already and has established itself around certain basic concepts that people are always expecting (lairs/tombs, puzzles, exotic missions, etc.). After the letdown that Revelations was for me, AC3 needs to really blow me away. I may go dark early this time to leave as many surprises unspoiled as possible before release.

WolfTemplar94
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
9.5 I think the game looks like a really good improvement (I'm pretending the last trailer doesn't exist).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
The new trailer specially was pretty bad. It's called Assassin's Creed...where are the Assassin's?

BBALive
07-03-2012, 11:48 PM
.Erm...they shown 2 gameplay demos so far, single player 2, multiplayer 1.

4 demos. 3 single player and 1 multiplayer.

I'm about 8.5. 10 during E3. Hype hasn't necessarily gone down, it's just that there hasn't been much information lately.

Also, stop saying "hurr durr bias" when the game isn't even out yet. You'll just look like an idiot when you're proven wrong.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 11:50 PM
There is a reason it is called a HYPE meter, not a game score.
They said most of the Templars are British, does this, answer you're question?

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm at a 7, I think. AC2 was an enormous step-up from AC1, they just overhauled the entire system and added SO much. I'm not really getting that vibe from AC3. It will be big, no doubt, and they say they've built many things from the ground up, but I don't think it'll be as big of a leap as there was between AC1 and AC2. Partly because AC2 had the element of surprise. Many people weren't expecting it to improve on the first one so much and in so many ways. Now the franchise has 4 games on its record already and has established itself around certain basic concepts that people are always expecting (lairs/tombs, puzzles, exotic missions, etc.). After the letdown that Revelations was for me, AC3 needs to really blow me away. I may go dark early this time to leave as many surprises unspoiled as possible before release.

I was really excited for AC2 it was a 10 for me no doubt, 1 of the 2 games that I actually went to the mid-night release. I agreed that AC2 was a huge leap from AC1, but you gotta to admit they still have the same fight mechanic and parkour mechanic. A lot of the animations were the same. With AC3 however the combat system is different, navigation is different, hunting, dynamic mission system, naval, weather system ( which I've been dying to have in an AC game every since AC2), assassination with any weapon, thousands NPCs at once, just the scope of the game is much bigger than any AC game before and every other little feature that they've added (i.e I love how Connor reacts differently to the every little thing in the environment and the uneven terrain stuff). After ACR I wasn't excited at all for the next AC game. I was maybe a 4 when they said they would be a AC3 game, but what they did with AC3 really surprised me. So I think the leap to AC3 is as big as AC2 if not bigger. Just my opinion though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 12:51 AM
AC II seems too have changed WAYYYYY more than AC1 did, but the marketing is what it is bringing it down for me.

ShaneO7K
07-04-2012, 12:55 AM
There is a reason it is called a HYPE meter, not a game score.
They said most of the Templars are British, does this, answer you're question?

When did they say most of the Templars are british? Link to where you saw this.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Lonesolider said that on the Independence trailer, he gave no links, but I dont think he is gonna put out fake info for no reason.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-04-2012, 02:00 AM
10! I'm so pumped for AC3.

berserker134
07-04-2012, 02:22 AM
10! I'm so pumped for ac3.

same here man

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 02:23 AM
I used too be, until I saw the biased marketing.

berserker134
07-04-2012, 04:30 AM

sorry but what does "baised" mean

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Bias, or biased, prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
AKA the Americans vs British thing.

berserker134
07-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Bias, or biased, prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
AKA the Americans vs British thing.

ok thanks i think this fake in game war made another new one in real life lol

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-04-2012, 05:29 AM
When are people going to get over this hissy fit? Connor isn't there to kill the British, as seen in the E3 demo. All he wants are the Templars, who have sided more with the British than the Americans. So what is he going to do, join the side with the Templars? Ubisoft hasn't created Connor has a British killer or anything as some people tend to think.
I thought the most recent trailer looked really nice, although it wasn't there best work. Anything about this game that is shown at this point hypes me even more.

kriegerdesgottes
07-04-2012, 05:40 AM

This is also my reason for my 7. Couldn't have said it better myself although for me as an American, I am less interested. I don't and did not ever want this game to be set in the same country I live in. Yes I realize it's totally different because it takes place 250 years ago. I don't care. I want to see places like Paris, Rome, Köln, Amsterdam. Not freaking Boston. But I am excited still because it's AC.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 05:41 AM
''More Templars will be on the British side'' from the devs.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 05:41 AM
''More Templars will be on the British side'' Word from the devs.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 05:53 AM
And I apologize, the forum glitched and told me It did not post, so I double posted. Edit button does not work for me, so triple post /:

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Well, I was at a 10, now I'm at an 8.5 due to lack of new info and media. I know a trailer was just released. I was very, very excited for it, however, to be honest, it was fairly disappointing for me. It wasn't the biased marketing that was disappointing (for me), but it was that the trailer wasn't really impressive, and rather boring. In my opinion, the "Amazing Grace" song didn't really fit the Assassin Creed type of theme and wasn't really suitable for the trailer. My favorite AC trailers were the AC1 trailer and AC Revelations trailer. I really hope we will be seeing some more singleplayer walkthroughs with in-game footage of some awesome combat, climbing, and all that other goodness that makes AC our favorite game.

Though, I should say I'm getting worried that some of my favorite features from previous AC games won't be in AC3 :(.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:17 AM
...Which are?
I am not seeing anything past E3, want too surprise myself, if a screeny with a Bluecoat pops up, probably will see that, or something too show that the game is not pro-American. That trailer was just terrible, mostly because it as a ASSASSIN'S CREED trailer and lacked Assassin's, and that terrible song which did not fit at all.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:22 AM
...Which are?
I am not seeing anything past E3, want too surprise myself, if a screeny with a Bluecoat pops up, probably will see that, or something too show that the game is not pro-American. That trailer was just terrible, mostly because it as a ASSASSIN'S CREED trailer and lacked Assassin's, and that terrible song which did not fit at all.

VR training, old weapons and gadgets that Ezio used, that sorta thing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:23 AM
No hookblade tho. Hated that thing.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:26 AM
No hookblade tho. Hated that thing.

Yeah the climbing was a lot less assassanish with all that metal clanking noise the hookblade made. And the kill-animations kinda felt weird in a way I can't really explain. I didn't even see how the hook-and-run was useful. I liked the ziplines though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:27 AM
The ziplines were really the only good new thing about AC:R. Which is kinda sad. And also, we already had the hook blade ability, climb leap, anybody? that ability that Rosa taught you in AC II?

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:30 AM
The ziplines were really the only good new thing about AC:R. Which is kinda sad. And also, we already had the hook blade ability, climb leap, anybody? that ability that Rosa taught you in AC II?

The only thing I liked about the hook-blade climb-leap in ACR is that it pulled you up higher and faster.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
But its a pretty small change.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
But its a pretty small change.

I wonder if we could be able to stick the tomahawk in wood for climbing trees.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Sort of like in Ninja Gaiden III (Terrible game by the way) you can use Kunai's too climb on walls. But I dont know that work, he seems skilled enough too do with without assistance.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Sort of like in Ninja Gaiden III (Terrible game by the way) you can use Kunai's too climb on walls. But I dont know that work, he seems skilled enough too do with without assistance.

Yeah they said we wouldn't be able to use the rope-dart for climbing as of now.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:08 AM
I want a Get Over Here easter egg.
If anybody dosen't know where that phrase comes from, I just feel pity for you.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:09 AM
I want a Get Over Here easter egg.
If anybody dosen't know where that phrase comes from, I just feel pity for you.

Easter Eggs would be kew!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
My hype still sits at 8, until I see un-biased marketing.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:13 AM

That trailer really dropped my rating.

misterB2001
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Christ, you really are going to rattle on every 5 seconds about the marketing aren't you? You've mentioned it at least 10 times in this thread alone.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Not really, I was just complaining about them earlier, now in that post context, I mentioned what would raise the hype for me.

misterB2001
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Hows your hype rating now? :rolleyes:

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Still at 8, Ubisoft may be able too change my mind with better marketing in those 3 months, but remains too be seen.
Speaking of which...time flew..3 months too go people! BTW, if I diss-appear for some time, I am alive, just playing ;P

BBALive
07-04-2012, 12:16 PM
''More Templars will be on the British side'' from the devs.

[citation needed]

Legendz54
07-04-2012, 12:17 PM
marketing has pissed me off a little but i am still on a full 10.

avkinqatar
07-04-2012, 12:30 PM
We need more Connor Backstory , We want to see the transformation into an assassin Hype Level: 5 to 6 due to before games influences.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Guys....Connor joins the Assassin's in 1770. The game starts at 1753. Alot of backstory going in there.

obliviondoll
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
[obligatory grammar rant]
No, I am not hype score. And if anyone thinks they are, they make no sense.
[/obligatory grammar rant]

Now that's done with...

Hype score? 0. Has been since before ACR.

Hope score is around the 5 to 7 range, depending on my mood and whether or not I've just seen my long-running ACB/ACR lag complaint thread get marked "solved" again that day (still no response from Ubisoft since February).

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game, but if they keep up the pattern that's been followed thus far with the series, there will be massive numbers of impossible-to-locate collectibles that aren't worth the effort, a handful of REALLY annoying "sidequest" minigames that nobody wants to play, but all of which are required to unlock certain core elements to the story, and the multiplayer will be right up there with rigging a hacked copy of Revelations to run over a private dialup BBS. Also, the combat will take another sharp downhill step, and the AI will become obvious enough that even most noobs will be able to tell they're cheating this time.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I liked the collectibles. Minus the crap tastic Desmond Journey, because those sequences deserve too be stabbed 600 times and burned at the stake.