PDA

View Full Version : About the Future Oleg

Artic_Wulf
08-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Love the IL-2/FB/Aces soon to be PF as well.
Flown the Ring out of it, built every kind of Mission in it.
Yet the total immersion of an Online Virtual Battle Field like, Cornered Rat Softwares WW II Online has drawn me away altogether, with its Multicrew aircraft Multicrew Tanks and yes even Multicrew AA Guns.
Then there are the individual Infantry types you can be from Sappers to Grenadiers, machine gunners,or rifle infantry.
The Graphics of the 1C Il-2 series rules no doubt yet no matter how creative 1C has been so far, they have yet to reach the immersion level of a massivly multiplayer Online War.
Where groups can make an impact by land sea or air on a Virtual Battlefield, like Conered Rat software is doing with the Battle for France, the Blitzkrieg in 1940.
The flight models in WW II Online leave much to be desired, yet they are passable enough.

I cannot help but think what an amazing Virtual Online Battle field 1C could create if the mood struck them.

A Virtual Russian Front! with the Il-2 series Graphics as well!
I have noticed the pay as you play plan is so cheap that new people from all over the globe still join WW II Online every day and its been running for 5 years now.

Yes indeed, I would love to see a Virtual Online Russian Front from 1C with their excellent Graphics one day in the future.
I have no doubts thousands of other Online Gamers would love to see that too.

S!

[This message was edited by Artic_Wulf on Sat August 07 2004 at 01:50 AM.]

Artic_Wulf
08-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Love the IL-2/FB/Aces soon to be PF as well.
Flown the Ring out of it, built every kind of Mission in it.
Yet the total immersion of an Online Virtual Battle Field like, Cornered Rat Softwares WW II Online has drawn me away altogether, with its Multicrew aircraft Multicrew Tanks and yes even Multicrew AA Guns.
Then there are the individual Infantry types you can be from Sappers to Grenadiers, machine gunners,or rifle infantry.
The Graphics of the 1C Il-2 series rules no doubt yet no matter how creative 1C has been so far, they have yet to reach the immersion level of a massivly multiplayer Online War.
Where groups can make an impact by land sea or air on a Virtual Battlefield, like Conered Rat software is doing with the Battle for France, the Blitzkrieg in 1940.
The flight models in WW II Online leave much to be desired, yet they are passable enough.

I cannot help but think what an amazing Virtual Online Battle field 1C could create if the mood struck them.

A Virtual Russian Front! with the Il-2 series Graphics as well!
I have noticed the pay as you play plan is so cheap that new people from all over the globe still join WW II Online every day and its been running for 5 years now.

Yes indeed, I would love to see a Virtual Online Russian Front from 1C with their excellent Graphics one day in the future.
I have no doubts thousands of other Online Gamers would love to see that too.

S!

[This message was edited by Artic_Wulf on Sat August 07 2004 at 01:50 AM.]

LLv34_Flanker
08-07-2004, 06:07 AM
S!

Nice idea, but tell me who has the computing power to run a 700 player server with enough bandwidth so the game could be playable and not a frigging StarTrek warp‚¬īo‚¬īrama http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif WW2OL and AcesHigh2 for example have simpler graphics for a reason while being MMPOG...

---------------------------

Flanker
1.Lentue p√¬§√¬§llikk√¬∂ / TO
Lentolaivue 34

"Let Chaos entvine on defenseless soil!"
~Dimmu Borgir~

Artic_Wulf
08-07-2004, 07:15 AM
I think perhaps we should ask about what is possible or not possible with technology true, bearing in mind however, that technological capability in all areas improoves daily in our world.
Also connectivity wise although I do admit I have cable, I have only ever encountered a slight stutter rarely in WW II Online, barely noticeable if at all, even during the most heated battles.
While the graphics are simpler in WW II Online, they are not that much Simpler, in fact they are quite good for a Virtual Online War,
Ergo, otherwise it would be no interest to former IL-2/FB players like myself.

Somebody is already running a massivly Multiplayer server.

It does leave one asking the question, when you see the capabilities of 1C already.

When will the Genius of Oleg Maddox be brought to the Virtual Online Battle Field.

We all know already the thousands of Gamers Globaly that would be ready to take part.

Korolov
08-07-2004, 07:40 AM
IMO there's no need for something as massive as you speak of. This doesn't make it wrong, just that its not up my alley.

However, I do agree that a WW2 sim a la Operation Flashpoint would be a lot of fun. It would require a lot of work however, since you'd be demanding tons of accuracy from EVERY point of view - ships, planes, tanks, cars, infantry, weapons, structures... This makes it a complex task at best.

http://www.mechmodels.com/fbstuff/klv_sigp38shark1a.jpg