PDA

View Full Version : What should i buy?

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Should i buy the Hidden Blade Replica from Gamestop?

The NA Special edition for Assassin's Creed 3?

Both?

NeroInfernoF7
07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
The hidden blade replica sucks, according to me.
You have to press a button for it to eject? Really?

I would have wanted it to be in style of something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztFT2bGJKI

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Ubiworkshop edition or LE. That hidden blade is horribly made. You can make your own DA one for less that, and it would be bigger and stronger.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 09:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztFT2bGJKIA pull string isn't better. My friend who is obsessed with weapons is gonna rig it for me so when i flick my wrist and open my hand a real blade will come out.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
First question: do you care about physical items (figurines, blade replica, artbooks, flags etc), or DLC or both?

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 09:41 PM
First question: do you care about physical items (figurines, blade replica, artbooks, flags etc), or DLC or both?

I could care less about dlc. I like real life stuff.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Ubiworkshop edition or LE. That hidden blade is horribly made. You can make your own DA one for less that, and it would be bigger and stronger.
Do you have the Hidden Blade to actually say whether or not it's horribly made?

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Kinda. Someone broke mine. I'll have to go see Leonardo! It's plastic, but it's good plastic. I also don't need a hidden blade to say if it's horribly made or not. Anyone can see that a simple thing like that takes no creativity to make. It is a SA otf knife without a front locking mechanism, and the only way to put it back in is to stab something with it. That's very very simple.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Kinda. Someone broke mine. I'll have to go see Leonardo! It's plastic, but it's good plastic. I also don't need a hidden blade to say if it's horribly made or not. Anyone can see that a simple thing like that takes no creativity to make. It is a SA otf knife without a front locking mechanism, and the only way to put it back in is to stab something with it. That's very very simple.

You can push it back in. And i'm going to get my friend to rig it.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I know you can push it back in but that is the only way to get it back in. There are replica hidden blades that have knob peg thing to pull. I'm sure you don't want to cut yourself every time you want to retract your blade, unless it wont be sharp.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I know you can push it back in but that is the only way to get it back in. There are replica hidden blades that have knob peg thing to pull. I'm sure you don't want to cut yourself every time you want to retract your blade, unless it wont be sharp.

Nah he's fixing the locking mechanism. When i flick my wrist and open my hand it'll retract, open.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Then you'd probably have to redesign everything inside. You're replacing the blade, redoing the lock, and putting in a different spring system. I honestly don't understand why you don't make your own. You're basically buying a plastic vambrace with a box under it. You'll probably have to scrap everything inside the housing for the blade because of the way a DA otf knife works, unless you know a person who knows a different way to make the DA mechanism.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Then you'd probably have to redesign everything inside. You're replacing the blade, redoing the lock, and putting in a different spring system. I honestly don't understand why you don't make your own. You're basically buying a plastic vambrace with a box under it. You'll probably have to scrap everything inside the housing for the blade because of the way a DA otf knife works, unless you know a person who knows a different way to make the DA mechanism.

My friend is a metal worker and the way he's fixing it is cheaper then buying it from guy's on Youtube the door hinge stuff looks like crap anyway.

massmurdera_666
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Get both if you are a collector, that's what I'm doing. I have the real replica of the hidden blade, with the pull string and it's awesome, I would suggest that if you want to be as realistic as possible. It's expensive but it's safer than trying to build one yourself or modifying the Neca version, it's made out of pcv plastic, while that is strong, continued play or modifying will make it brittle or warp over time. Plus modifying the Neca version is just plain stupid, the spring mechanism of this is going to be way different than the spring mechanisms of a single or dual action otf to prevent people from purposely modifying it to work like a real hidden blade.

Otf's and switchblades are still illegal in the United States, and yes I know that in some states otf's and switchblades are legal, but nonetheless, federal law states that you cannot sell, transfer or carry any type of switchblade or otf across state lines regardless of that individual states law. Also it is illegal to manufacture a switchblade or otf in the United States, some states allow you to manufacture a switchblade or otf, even assisted opening knives are considered switchblades in the U.S. and in some states.

Why all this negativity on modifying the Neca hidden blade? Because to be able to make (it's more than likely made in China) and sell this in the United States, Neca had to create and build this product to follow federal law and to not be able to be disassembled and modified. There are probably safeguards built into the mechanism that when taken apart are permanently broken and will not be covered in the warranty because they will know your intent was to modify the product in question.

My suggestion is to not even try to modify the Neca blade and just save up to buy the replica version because you'll end up breaking it and be out $40 plus dollars or worse, hurting yourself or someone else because you rebuilt something that wasn't built for a certain purpose.

*I know all of this because I own a business that sells knives and tactical equipment and have to know both state and federal law and guidelines to be able to run my business. So don't think I'm talking out of my ***, I know knives and I know the laws regarding knives. My personal belief is that knife laws are ******ed and should be removed from the books, most knife crimes against people are conducted by people using kitchen knives not pocket knives.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, don't buy that crap from youtube, I'm pretty sure that's not even his design, it's from a guy called abondude/abomickey, but that design is crap anyway.

massmurdera_666
07-02-2012, 10:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztFT2bGJKI

What a piece of ****.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM
My thoughts. ^

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Get both if you are a collector, that's what I'm doing. I have the real replica of the hidden blade, with the pull string and it's awesome, I would suggest that if you want to be as realistic as possible. It's expensive but it's safer than trying to build one yourself or modifying the Neca version, it's made out of pcv plastic, while that is strong, continued play or modifying will make it brittle or warp over time. Plus modifying the Neca version is just plain stupid, the spring mechanism of this is going to be way different than the spring mechanisms of a single or dual action otf to prevent people from purposely modifying it to work like a real hidden blade.

Otf's and switchblades are still illegal in the United States, and yes I know that in some states otf's and switchblades are legal, but nonetheless, federal law states that you cannot sell, transfer or carry any type of switchblade or otf across state lines regardless of that individual states law. Also it is illegal to manufacture a switchblade or otf in the United States, some states allow you to manufacture a switchblade or otf, even assisted opening knives are considered switchblades in the U.S. and in some states.

Why all this negativity on modifying the Neca hidden blade? Because to be able to make (it's more than likely made in China) and sell this in the United States, Neca had to create and build this product to follow federal law and to not be able to be disassembled and modified. There are probably safeguards built into the mechanism that when taken apart are permanently broken and will not be covered in the warranty because they will know your intent was to modify the product in question.

My suggestion is to not even try to modify the Neca blade and just save up to buy the replica version because you'll end up breaking it and be out $40 plus dollars or worse, hurting yourself or someone else because you rebuilt something that wasn't built for a certain purpose.

*I know all of this because I own a business that sells knives and tactical equipment and have to know both state and federal law and guidelines to be able to run my business. So don't think I'm talking out of my ***, I know knives and I know the laws regarding knives. My personal belief is that knife laws are ******ed and should be removed from the books, most knife crimes against people are conducted by people using kitchen knives not pocket knives.My friend could always use the Neca one as a base for design. And PVC is good material. anyway. Just saying.

Yeah, don't buy that crap from youtube, I'm pretty sure that's not even his design, it's from a guy called abondude/abomickey, but that design is crap anyway.

There are much better ones on Youtube. But the good ones people charge like 80 dollars for them.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
People are ridiculous with pricing. If you have the right tools, you can make it for about 20 dollars with plastic.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM
People are ridiculous with pricing. If you have the right tools, you can make it for about 20 dollars with plastic.

I really don't like the door hinge look though. Vambrace is the way to go.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Door hinge look?

souNdwAve89
07-02-2012, 11:38 PM
If you have the money, then I say both! Unfortunately, I think I won't be able to get the limited edition because of the price range. I will get Ezio's hidden blade and AC3 (possibly AC3 PS3 bundle since I don't have a PS3 right now). There are a lot of other games that I want to get this fall, so there is going to be a big hole in my wallet.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Door hinge look?

I know that's not the right term really. But uh. Simple and cheap looking.

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 12:40 AM
If you have all the right tools and paint, it will come out beautifully. Mine looked pretty crappy because I was cutting plastic with a knife I heated up on my stove, but if you use the right stuff, it will look perfect.

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 01:31 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m64bb3HJMj1rz6bm7o1_400.jpg hes got a ring to start the mechanism

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:31 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m64bb3HJMj1rz6bm7o1_400.jpg hes got a ring to start the mechanism

Well that sucks.

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 02:33 AM
thats altair though i dont know about ezio and connor

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Ezio has a pressure mechanism used by flexing a muscle in the forearm.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Ezio has a pressure mechanism used by flexing a muscle in the forearm.
So. An internal button
butt isn't censored?!

But most other words are :p

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Ezio has a pressure mechanism used by flexing a muscle in the forearm. that would be sooooo finicky in real life

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Traded in some games and ordered the blade and put a little more on my standard preorder of AC3. I'll upgrade it after i get Dawnguard.