PDA

View Full Version : Necessary Changes

VanessaReis
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok, Ubisoft...here's the deal.
Great game! Lots of potential! :cool:
There are some things that REALLY need to be changed though, or players (as seen in forum) are going to jump ship because they're getting frustrated. :(
Let's list what needs to be done, assuming that the game is perfect in all other ways...listing what needs to change in the near future.
Players! If you have something you want to add, then please speak up!
Let's compile this list all in one thread so everyone can see and have a say in what improvements are made. :D

Problems:
- Energy & Weeds. There are so many weeds that spawn overnight (or between visits to the game) that rarely can anyone keep up with the spawn rate and still manage to be productive with their farm/ranch. Cutting back, even slightly, on the amount of weeds that spawn would greatly improve people's enjoyment of this game.

- Bakery. It takes 4 hours to make one cookie! 8 hours for two! Does anyone else think that this is not enough cookies for the time/money it takes?
The value of cookies seems much too high. (Also, limit of 5 cookies in storage. This may need to change slightly if you increase the # of cookies we can make)

- Staffing. We only have so many Facebook friends that actually want to play Horse Haven with us. (I have only 1 out of 81 friends! lol).
Do herb gardens/carrot fields/apple orchards actually need staff? When we place more buildings (bakeries, breeding paddocks, new buildings that may be added later in game development) we will need even more staff. Like I said, some of us are short on friends who will play Horse Haven with us.
If it was allowed that one friend could take at least 2 or more jobs on our farms/ranches, or if an option to hire a worker (for horsebucks, even if it was expensive, not saddle dollars) was implemented, then this situation could be resolved.

- Prices. I am (surprisingly) okay with the high cost of buildings, but other objects such as paths costing 300hb is just...maddening.
A review of all the store prices would be wise.
Making multiple carrots/apples/cookies costs too much more than making them singularly, without any discount (?) (as seen written by naoto1)

- Gameplay Crippling Bugs. Loading issues (as seen written by J-LFarms). Issues with items. (as seen written by naoto1 and in forum)
Beauty salon fix? Will it be switched to horsebucks instead of saddle dollars? (naoto1)

- Other...
NOTE: Breeding Badges. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but now when horses are bred they lose all their badges!
What is the situation with this right now?

Does anyone have anything they want added to this list?

J-LFarms
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Ok, Ubisoft...here's the deal.
Great game! Lots of potential! :cool:
There are some things that REALLY need to be changed though, or players (as seen in forum) are going to jump ship because they're getting frustrated. :(
Let's list what needs to be done, assuming that the game is perfect in all other ways...listing what needs to change in the near future.
Players! If you have something you want to add, then please speak up!
Let's compile this list all in one thread so everyone can see and have a say in what improvements are made. :D

Problems:
- Energy & Weeds. There are so many weeds that spawn overnight (or between visits to the game) that rarely can anyone keep up with the spawn rate and still manage to be productive with their farm/ranch. Cutting back, even slightly, on the amount of weeds that spawn would greatly improve people's enjoyment of this game.

- Bakery. It takes 4 hours to make one cookie! 8 hours for two! Does anyone else think that this is not enough cookies for the time/money it takes?
The value of cookies seems much too high. (Also, limit of 5 cookies in storage. This may need to change slightly if you increase the # of cookies we can make)

- Staffing. We only have so many Facebook friends that actually want to play Horse Haven with us. (I have only 1 out of 81 friends! lol).
Do herb gardens/carrot fields/apple orchards actually need staff? When we place more buildings (bakeries, breeding paddocks, new buildings that may be added later in game development) we will need even more staff. Like I said, some of us are short on friends who will play Horse Haven with us.
If it was allowed that one friend could take at least 2 or more jobs on our farms/ranches, or if an option to hire a worker (for horsebucks, even if it was expensive, not saddle dollars) was implemented, then this situation could be resolved.

- Prices. I am (surprisingly) okay with the high cost of buildings, but other objects such as paths costing 300hb is just...maddening.
A review of all the store prices would be wise.

- Other...
NOTE: Breeding Badges. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but now when horses are bred they lose all their badges!
What is the situation with this right now?

Does anyone have anything they want added to this list?

I would like the see the loading issue resolved. It is going on 2 weeks since I have been able to load the game.

naoto1
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Along the same lines as the bakery thing: why do multiple apples/carrots cost more and take more time than just doing them one at a time. I'm sorry, but there should be BENEFITS to doing multiples, not drawbacks.

VanessaReis
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Both replies noted and added to list.
@ naoto1: I wondered if it was to keep us hanging around the game longer. Making carrots one by one, there's no point in exiting the game and coming back 5 minutes later again and again, so we sit and wait for them to grow? Instead of coming back in an hour? Not sure what the idea behind that was. *head scratch*

UBI-Cowhand
07-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Thank you for the feedback. As always, we'll pass it along. :)

naoto1
07-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Oh, two more things: 1) there's a glitch with the water/hay bales where either they don't light up or they get mixed up (water thinking it's hay bales and vice versa), and 2) I know it was stated that the beauty salon costing saddle dollars was a glitch, but it's not yet been addressed in all the new updates. Will it ever get fixed, or will it, like the wind mill, stay as saddle dollars and be switched over to a 'luxury item'?

JenStalker
07-07-2012, 04:04 PM
The game is too slow and too expensive. I haven't even been playing 24 hours yet and it's already bored me enough that I'm close to quitting. I'm not averse to spending money on FB games as long as the prices are reasonable but the prices in this game are extortionate so I won't be spending a penny on it. I'm also going to have a hard time getting items to complete things as I'm not going to invite friends to a game that just frustrates people. There's also the fact that if I need planks I can't send requests to the few friends I have who do play, instead i have to post on my FB wall where people will end up missing it in their news feeds making it impossible to get them.

4 hours for 1 apple cookie???? are you kidding me? and the price of it is stupid too. I'm coming across things like this within the first 24 hours so I dread to think how bad the game is going to get later on. It's definitely NOT a game I would recommend to friends.

naoto1
07-07-2012, 10:01 PM
One more issue (yes, I seem to add a lot of them, lol): for those of us who've reached level 30, there's not much point in doing anything. By this point, we'll finally have completed the collections that can give us XP, but we've no use for it. Along the same lines, there should be some new benefit for us to continue playing past that point, because at least before we had the opportunity to level up. Now that I've hit level 30, it feels as though I'm accomplishing nothing every time I log in because all the weeds and trees just waste energy for me to clear with no benefit. There needs to be an alternative to gaining XP!

UBI-Cowhand
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
The level cap will be increasing soon. Keep your eyes on the page!

One more issue (yes, I seem to add a lot of them, lol): for those of us who've reached level 30, there's not much point in doing anything. By this point, we'll finally have completed the collections that can give us XP, but we've no use for it. Along the same lines, there should be some new benefit for us to continue playing past that point, because at least before we had the opportunity to level up. Now that I've hit level 30, it feels as though I'm accomplishing nothing every time I log in because all the weeds and trees just waste energy for me to clear with no benefit. There needs to be an alternative to gaining XP!

eibhlin2200
02-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Thank you Vanessa for addressing these issues. I am really tired of the spawning of the trees and weeds. I just got finished with my 30 energy clearing and still have 6 trees and weeds, I no sooner finished my energy and the game reloaded. When it finished reloading the game was completely covered with trees and weeds again with only 2 energy! If this continues I don't think I'll be bothering, I have medical issues and don't need this kind of frustration. ......Why not keep the trees and weeds to 5 throughout the day (after all it takes 2 energy to get rid of the trees)!