PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft announces USA Pre-Orders!

pacmanate
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Ubisoft have finally announced an Assassin’s Creed III North and Latin American Limited Edition for preorder.

It will retail for $119.99 and inclues the following:

Assassin’s Creed III video game.
Stunning 9.44″ Assassin statue featuring Connor poised to strike with tomahawk and hidden blade.
Embroidered 28″x48″ Assassin’s Creed-inspired colonial flag.
3″x3.25″ sturdy metal belt buckle to proudly proclaim your allegiance to the Assassins.
Assassin’s Creed III Limited Edition is available for pre-order today exclusively for North America and Latin America customers at GameStop, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart.

The Assassin’s Creed III Digital Deluxe Edition for Windows PC is available for pre-order from UBIShop and other digital retailers for $64.99 and includes:

Assassin’s Creed III video game.
George Washington’s notebook revealing his true story during the American Revolution.
Three single-player missions taking players from the high seas to Cozumel Island in search of Captain Kidd’s fabled lost treasure.
The Captain of the Aquila’s uniform and traditional Colonial Assassin outfit, boarding axe and Scottish flintlock – rumored to have fired “the shot heard round the world” – for use in the single-player campaign.
Sharpshooter and Redcoat characters for use in multiplayer.
A collection of the best audio tracks from previous Assassin’s Creed games.

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/AC3_PS3_LE_BXSHT_2D.jpg
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/AC3_LELG.jpg

Source: EscoBlades - http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/07/02/ubisoft-announces-exclusive-us-and-latin-america-limited-edition/

SixKeys
07-02-2012, 02:41 PM
$119 for a video game?! Good lord, some people must be swimming in money. It doesn't even sound all that great, to be honest. The Digital Deluxe version still sounds like the best one, but I prefer having a physical copy of my games.

Edit: They're still continuing this trend of releasing a "best of AC" album instead of an actual soundtrack? Everyone who bought a special edition of ACR last year already got one such album, why would they want more of the same?

reddragonhrcro
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
$119 for a video game?! Good lord, some people must be swimming in money. It doesn't even sound all that great, to be honest. The Digital Deluxe version still sounds like the best one, but I prefer having a physical copy of my games.

Edit: They're still continuing this trend of releasing a "best of AC" album instead of an actual soundtrack? Everyone who bought a special edition of ACR last year already got one such album, why would they want more of the same?

Take a look at RE6 Premium edition it costs 1300$

NA gets the flag?Theres something cool that you guys get.

rileypoole1234
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
So the Scottish Flintlock fired the shot heard round the world...

I want that bloody flag...

lonewarrior30
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I am so jelly right now :(

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
No digital extras on the CE? Might pass on the CE even after waiting so long for an announcement. I like the flag, but for $120, they usuall give some additional digital content like another SP mission and/or MP pack. Oh well.

kriegerdesgottes
07-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure about this either tbh. The flag and statue sound awesome but no dlc for the price of two games? If you pre-order from gamestop you should get the Mayan ruins DLC anyway I would imagine and also that sword. I was kind of hoping to get Washington's journal too.

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure about this either tbh. The flag and statue sound awesome but no dlc for the price of two games? If you pre-order from gamestop you should get the Mayan ruins DLC anyway I would imagine and also that sword. I was kind of hoping to get Washington's journal too.

According to the Game Stop posting just released, we of course get the pre-order mission that you get with any GS pre-order, but that's it on the digital front. No journal or anything. Not digging the buckle. Flag is cool but where would my wife let me put it in the house, the statue is cool but again, where to put it. From the sound of the news from UbiGabe at E3 it was going to be great. A tad disappointed that this is what all the wait was for.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/AC3_LELG.jpg

egriffin09
07-02-2012, 03:37 PM
sounds ok. Freedom or Die edition is better imo. I will upgrade my pre-order once Ubisoft released some pics of the items in the CE edition. Hopefully it comes in a cool CE box(tlike the tin box for AC II CE).

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
sounds ok. Freedom or Die edition is better imo. I will upgrade my pre-order once Ubisoft released some pics of the items in the CE edition. Hopefully it comes in a cool CE box(tlike the tin box for AC II CE).

Check my post above you.

reddragonhrcro
So the Scottish Flintlock fired the shot heard round the world...

I want that bloody flag...

Me too...

SixKeys
The belt buckle looks kind of cheap. I thought it would be just the assassin logo like on Ezio's Brotherhood outfit, without this big empty frame around it. The statue looks pretty cool though.

egriffin09
07-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm getting it. It's the same as Freedom or Die Edition, (they get Washingtons Notebook, but I prefer the Connor Statue). Plus we get a cool flag, I think the CE box looks cooler than the Freedom or Die edition.

BATISTABUS
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
So getting this...I can't wait.

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm getting it. It's the same as Freedom or Die Edition, (they get Washingtons Notebook, but I prefer the Connor Statue). Plus we get a cool flag, I think the CE box looks cooler than the Freedom or Die edition.

For me it's more about the lack of any additional digital content outside of the SP mission you get from your selected retailer by simply pre-ordering the regular edition.

kriegerdesgottes
07-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah I'd gladly trade the belt buckle for the rest of the DLC at least. I like the flag and statue but I wish it came with more DLC.

pacmanate
07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Im glad I got the Freedom edition tbh now. There are no in game bonuses hardly for this edition. The flags cool but the buckle doesnt look nice :\

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm sure as with past AC releases that the pre-order/CE digital content will eventually come out as DLC. Would be nice to at least include a MP character like the last two have had.

Helforsite
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I prefer the Freedom Edition.
1. Statue? Freedom Edition has it.
2. Metal Buckle? No thanks got the one from ACB anyway^^
3. Flag? Nice, but doesnt suit my taste.
4. Audio? Got the Revelations CE
5. Digital Content? Almost the same.
6. George Washingtons Notebook? Freedom Edition has it.
7. Not available for pc! Freedom Edition is for pc.
8. Freedom Edition got a exclusive lithography^^
9.Freedom Edition got a Steelbook^^

kriegerdesgottes
07-02-2012, 04:13 PM

So once again, Europe gets a better edition. I am shocked. This definitely hasn't happened for every single other AC game or anything.

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I already have the steelbook from the pre-order so that doesn't concern me. I would have liked more digital content, but I know that will come later as DLC as with the others. I would have traded the buckle for the journal though. That would have been a great read.

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Believe me, we all would prefer and most would gladly pay for the Freedom Edition here in NA. Alas we don't have that option so it's the LE or standard.

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Or in other words, http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/JCearlyyears/newce.jpg

pacmanate
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
^ Tasty, but not satisfying in the long run

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Wonder if the box art contained in the LE will have the standard art of the LE box art?

Deathgrim666
07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22847192.jpg

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Do you guys think there will be more CEs for NA?

Turul.
07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
so which do i choose?

the gamestop version?

or the ubiworkshop version?

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/product_images/e/056/Assassins_Creed_III_Collector_Ubiworkshop_Edition_ _50005_std.jpg

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Do you guys think there will be more CEs for NA?

Doubtful. The release says this one is exclusive to NA and Latin America. This or the standard is our choice.

As I've said, I would have liked another added digital content with a SP and/or MP pack, but we know those will be released as paid DLC down the road. I would have really liked to replace the buckle with the Washington journal but my wife said she'd use the buckle and I'll hand the flag in my back patio as a convo piece. I just may get it in the end.

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
so which do i choose?

the gamestop version?

If I upgrade it will be the GS one. The flag is the big piece of interest for me. I can buy the two pieces of reading material seperate if I wanted, but the flag is going to be hard to get I think and pricy on eBay.

Deathgrim666
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
so which do i choose?

the gamestop version?

Well all the info in the encyclopedia will be available on internet soon as its releassed so i say no, unless u are a collector and really want it on your shelf.

Turul.
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
i love the flag an the statue.
flag is very cool but is also huge!
belt buckle......ill probably never really wear it. prolly just sell it

the Ubi is a better deal sense you get two very limited edition books for less than 20 bucks each (each regularly around 50)
and you get a poster!

Turul.
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Well all the info in the encyclopedia will be available on internet soon as its releassed so i say no, unless u are a collector and really want it on your shelf.

ya but it will be 50 bucks

beatledude210
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22847192.jpg

Haha, that made my day.:D

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I wonder if anybody noticed that I used the wrong box for the picture of the NA collectors edition.

beatledude210
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I wonder if anybody noticed that I used the wrong box for the picture of the NA collectors edition.

Lol, I'm pretty sure its not a problem, it still fits the situation perfectly.

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM

How do you figure? I was assuming that the LE maybe had different box art contined within the larger LE box.

SteelCity999
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Remember that PS3 owners get the SP 4 missions on launch day....which is probably why they are not releasing anymore on the CE. Not a bad deal if you have a PS3

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I had originally created the pic to troll but I don't think trolling is nice so I didn't do it.
Notice the 18+ on the box instead of the M.http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/JCearlyyears/newce.jpg

Josegtx13
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I think $79.99 would be a more reasonable price than $119.99. Maybe, at most $99.99

JCearlyyears
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I hope nobody buys this CE. Buying it would just show Ubi that this is okay. Sure, it comes with some neat stuff but 120 is painfully high.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Ill buy the flag on eBay, already got the Steelbook case so I'm all good! I was hoping for this to be around $80 with the flag and some extra DLC. Meh.

THE_GT_DYNASTY
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I bet they have an even bigger one planned to release later. I say the Super Ultra Awesome Mega edition comes with the flag and the hidden blade+other goodies.

Helforsite
07-02-2012, 06:50 PM
@MarleyMon81: Read the description from Esco, it says George Washingtons Notebook is included. Or do you mean the exclusive lithography of the Freedom Edition?

dogiojoe
07-02-2012, 06:56 PM
No digital extras on the CE? Might pass on the CE even after waiting so long for an announcement. I like the flag, but for $120, they usuall give some additional digital content like another SP mission and/or MP pack. Oh well.

I totally AGREE! I love the flag, but I don't have ANY room for more statues. Considering the 3 editions EU got, I was really hoping for the same DLC, Multiplayer Characters, and George Washington book to be included, but since we only get 3 things including the game I fealt VERY UNHAPPY!

$120 is a huge price for something that only includes 3 things, since comparing to the EU choices, $120 over their will net you a WHOLE BUNCH MORE than in this USA edition.

I'm hoping another USA edition is announced that includes more digital content, George's book, because if EU gets 3 LE choices, than USA should get 3 LE choices as well. Please Ubisoft! DON'T LET USA CITIZENS DOWN!!

BATISTABUS
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Why does anyone care about the DLC? The GameStop preorder seems like to be coolest one announced so far, and we're just going to get the rest of the missions we missed when they release something like Da Vinci Dissapearance or Lost Archives.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
What is the statue made out of? And how much money do i need to put down to upgrade my preorder?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Pic of the Limited Edition:
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/85/59/1341244435_5088_Limited%20Edition.jpg

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 08:03 PM
@MarleyMon81: Read the description from Esco, it says George Washingtons Notebook is included. Or do you mean the exclusive lithography of the Freedom Edition?

I didn't see his post. It could be getting confused with the digital deluxe edition that us detailed below the LE. The LE for NA does not list or show Washington's notebook anywhere.

BlankDistortion
07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I am actually disappointed in Ubisoft for this, because even though it has some good stuff, the EU Freedom Edition has nearly all of it and more. They told us that they would make it great because of the setting, and given what is in the EU CE's, I was expecting much better. Really, given the price, they should have at least traded the buckle for Washington's notebook. Even then, there should have been a sort of bundle of the DLC, with the outfits, characters, and missions. Maybe not the Exclusive pre-order missions but I think you get what I mean. The flag and Statue are great, two things I want and have space for, but I was really hoping for the journal too. Then, Ubisoft more or less teases me with the Digital Delux Edition which includes most of the other things I wanted. I play on the PS3, not the PC, and even though I know there will be the 4 extra missions, I think we deserve the Bundle. They haven't given us a good CE once (when compared to the EU CE's), and even though this one tops the past NA editions, it still falls behind the EU. Now, I don't mean any of this in a selfish attitude, I am just saying that we should have at least been equalizied with the other region exclusives.

GunnarGunderson
07-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I hope they have a version with just the statue for Canada

im3jia
07-02-2012, 08:16 PM
the DLC is spread throughout different stores: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/pre-order/index.aspx (Hover over the stores to see their DLCs)

Gamestop; Lost Mayan Ruins with Sawtooth sword

BestBuy: Ghost of War with Pontiac's War Club

Amazon: Captain Aquila (costume) with Boarding Axe

Target: The Redcoat (MP)/Colonial Assassin (costume) with Scottish Flintlock

Walmart: A Dangerous Secret with Flintlock Musket

MarleyMon81
07-02-2012, 08:19 PM
The digital stuff will come as paid DLC down the road so I'm not worried about missing them (except for the PS3 exclusives). Wad just hoping that the NA LE woruld include a bit more digital content than just your retailer's pre-order bonus.

Locopells
07-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Be warned, the GameStop LMR is just for the US.

The UK GameStop just has the following (I don't know about other courtries):

One MP character: THE RED COAT
One Relic: DOCTOR PUPPET
One Emblem: SNAKE
One Picture: THE DOCTOR
One Title: “THE DOCTOR”

massmurdera_666
07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
AWWWWWWEEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!! !!!!!!!!!

I will definitely be getting this, for both the PS3 and 360, they will really look good with the Freedom Edition and the Join or Die Edition I am also getting. But what's with all the complaining? At least we're getting something and not being shafted like we were with Revelations (i liked the Brotherhood CE, but was a little disappointed). And if you're upset about not getting some extra DLC switch to the PS3 or quit your *****ing. ****, you complain that you won't be getting anything special and then when Ubi holds up their promise that we will be getting a CE you ***** and complain. If you want to ***** at someone ***** at the retailers who chose this version and not at Ubisoft, they can't force a retailer to take a certain type of product.

Look, this is how it works, Ubi goes to the distributors or retailers with different versions of the same product ranging from highest priced to lowest priced, and the distributor or retailer then decides how much they want to spend and how much they think we (customers) are willing to spend and how much profit they think they can make from us. I can almost guaranty that Gamestop and the other retailers were presented with a higher version of the collector's editions but decided together on this one version, that's why we have only one while Europe has two. So don't blame Ubisoft, they can only present the product to the distributor/retailer, the sellers are the ones that have final say on whether they want to sell it to us.

ivetusmcsat8202
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
AWWWWWWEEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!! !!!!!!!!!

I will definitely be getting this, for both the PS3 and 360, they will really look good with the Freedom Edition and the Join or Die Edition I am also getting. But what's with all the complaining? At least we're getting something and not being shafted like we were with Revelations (i liked the Brotherhood CE, but was a little disappointed). And if you're upset about not getting some extra DLC switch to the PS3 or quit your *****ing. ****, you complain that you won't be getting anything special and then when Ubi holds up their promise that we will be getting a CE you ***** and complain. If you want to ***** at someone ***** at the retailers who chose this version and not at Ubisoft, they can't force a retailer to take a certain type of product.

Look, this is how it works, Ubi goes to the distributors or retailers with different versions of the same product ranging from highest priced to lowest priced, and the distributor or retailer then decides how much they want to spend and how much they think we (customers) are willing to spend and how much profit they think they can make from us. I can almost guaranty that Gamestop and the other retailers were presented with a higher version of the collector's editions but decided together on this one version, that's why we have only one while Europe has two. So don't blame Ubisoft, they can only present the product to the distributor/retailer, the sellers are the ones that have final say on whether they want to sell it to us.

If that's the case then I would gladly buy a comparable CE from Ubisoft directly. However the UbiWorkshop Edition only includes the books and the game for $99.99. So Ubisoft is still letting the NA fans down by not releasing a CE edition for NA directly which can compare to the UK edition, which almost everyone expected to begin with.

massmurdera_666
07-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I also expected more, but Ubisoft has a marketing and placement department that obviously doesn't know how diehard the AC fans are. But you also got to look at it from their point of view, their trying to gain more fans and customers and having a super duper collector's edition wouldn't be cost effective if only the collector's of AC memorabilia will buy it. You could also blame the economy on why the CE is so small, no one wants to spend more money than they have to and gamble on the chance that a large majority will buy a super CE, it sucks but that's the world of business this day and age. I for one, am willing to pay anything to get my hands on something cool and collectable from the AC franchise.

nukelukespuke34
07-02-2012, 10:51 PM
the DLC is spread throughout different stores: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/pre-order/index.aspx (Hover over the stores to see their DLCs)

Gamestop; Lost Mayan Ruins with Sawtooth sword

BestBuy: Ghost of War with Pontiac's War Club

Amazon: Captain Aquila (costume) with Boarding Axe

Target: The Redcoat (MP)/Colonial Assassin (costume) with Scottish Flintlock

Walmart: A Dangerous Secret with Flintlock Musket

So basically, even with the NA Limited edition, we're still missing 4 exclusive weapons, 3 extra maps, 2 costumes, and 1 MP character. Wonderful, Ubi. Just wonderful. :mad:

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 01:20 AM
economy or not the NA edition is FAR behind the EURO one. also their economy isnt exactly at its best either. but what it is is that its based in NA and UBI promised a great edition....thats not exactly a great edition (although that wont stop me from buying it. meh oh well *shrugs*)

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Well I was planning on pre-ordering the CE edition when they announce it in NA but I guess I'll just pre-order the regular edition at gamestop. A little disappointed with the special edition that we are getting here in NA and I don't get why it take them this long to put this edition together. Oh well at least it save me some money for future DLCs ;) The quality of the game is all that matter.

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 01:34 AM
well i guess for ppl with money they could buy the american version and the freedom editon and sell the left overs

menacefox
07-03-2012, 01:43 AM
I love this edition.

I might sell the belt buckle on eBay though because I'm not a jeans and boots person.
And since it's a wearable item, it will have more value than George Washington's notebook.

Also, just imagine if they make a AC movie, the belt buckle would skyrocket in value.

Gianavel
07-03-2012, 01:58 AM
First, thanks to Ubisoft for finally announcing a CE for North America.

I'm kind of amused at all the complaining about this edition. Seems like a lot of it is about the lack of DLC, which I'll agree is a valid complaint. It's not enough to make me displeased, but I can understand why others aren't happy.

Price wise, considering what's included, the price makes sense. Figure the game is $60, the statue would probably retail for at least $30, and the flag and the buckle would probably both retail for about $15. I gotta say, though, I think I'd rather have Washington's book than the buckle or the flag (or even both). I don't know that I'll ever wear the buckle, and the flag is kind of... hinky. Technically it's an alteration - and therefore, desecration - of an official US flag, which is a violation of the US Flag Code and therefore a violation of federal law. That law is never enforced, so it's more just guidelines, but it's still law. Of course, I've never really had an issue with people wearing bandanas and such that are based off of Old Glory, Plus, a flag like that, with the size and all, would look pretty sweet on my wall. I just hope it's made out of decent cloth.

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 02:05 AM
would be cool if its made out of cotton. or whatever flags were made with back then

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 02:07 AM
would be cool if its made out of cotton. or whatever flags were made with back then

I'm almost positive it is hemp.

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm almost positive it is hemp. .....still cool

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Hahaha.

thecodeman715
07-03-2012, 02:17 AM
I think that there might be one more edition for North America, because the Picture says Gamestop exclusive, and not everyone uses Gamestop. Also, most, if not, all of the other C.E.'s have A LOT more DLC, and that is kinda what I am looking for, the flag is freaking awesome, but I also want at least a Multiplayer character too... Happy, but dissapointed about this edition, and after I read the email from UbiGabe saying they were trying to make this freaking awesome for North Americans, I am more dissapointed than happy... :(

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm almost positive it is hemp.

Sweet. I have tons of money but i'm out of weed.

thecodeman715
07-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Haha, that made my day.:D

I love this

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 02:39 AM
I just realized the LE doesn't come with dlc, there are store specific dlcs. I'm kinda slow I guess 'cause I'm pretty sure someone already said that.

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I just realized the LE doesn't come with dlc, there are store specific dlcs. I'm kinda slow I guess 'cause I'm pretty sure someone already said that.

They should have at least include the singleplayer skins.

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 02:46 AM

Yeah, the lost myan ruin mission is a pre-order bonus from gamestop, bestbuy get the ghost of war mission, wal-mart get the dangerous secret mission, amazon get the captain aquila outfit and boarding axe, and target get the colonial outfit and Scottish pistol .

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:47 AM
I don't have Xbox Live so i'll do a giveaway for my Lost Mayan code.

Gespenst1246
07-03-2012, 02:50 AM
personally ill go with the collectibles my internets sucks to much for DLC

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 02:56 AM
I don't have Xbox Live so i'll do a giveaway for my Lost Mayan code.

That is nice of you :)

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Man, PC people should be really happy about the deluxe edition that they are getting not only does it include all the extra missions, outfits, and weapons but it also include George Washington's Notebook and all of that only cost $65.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 03:48 AM
That is nice of you :)

I did the same thing for Liquid Green Gun skins and character codes over at the Gears of War forums.

Jexx21
07-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Man, PC people should be really happy about the deluxe edition that they are getting not only does it include all the extra missions, outfits, and weapons but it also include George Washington's Notebook and all of that only cost $65.
None of it is physical though.

I want the Connor statue.. I want physical items.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 03:57 AM

This. I've decided to buy one CE every year and i want real stuff.

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 03:58 AM
I did the same thing for Liquid Green Gun skins and character codes over at the Gears of War forums.

No way, you're from the Gears of War forums too? :eek:

I won a Savage Kantus and the Launch Skin weapons from the Gears forums.

I really want to buy my first AC CE. I'm hoping they will release a better CE, or I might just buy the Limited Edition.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 03:59 AM
No way, you're from the Gears of War forums too? :eek:

I won a Savage Kantus and the Launch Skin weapons from the Gears forums.

They weren't from me. What is your username? I'm Golden Hunter.

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 04:02 AM
They weren't from me. What is your username? I'm Golden Hunter.

I know, I won mines from 2 different users. My username is the same as this one: Josegtx13

Jexx21
07-03-2012, 04:04 AM

The problem with me though is that I'm a PC player, I can't get the physical version because they don't have one for the PC.

I'm annoyed by that. First they don't give the NA more than 1 CE option (whether they play on consoles or PC), and they don't fulfill everyone's wants.

I just hope they sell the Connor statue separately.

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 04:06 AM
The problem with me though is that I'm a PC player, I can't get the physical version because they don't have one for the PC.

I'm annoyed by that. First they don't give the NA more than 1 CE option (whether they play on consoles or PC), and they don't fulfill everyone's wants.

I just hope they sell the Connor statue separately.

I'm sure you'll find it on Ebay later on, but be prepared to pay some ridiculous price.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 04:07 AM
I know, I won mines from 2 different users. My username is the same as this one: Josegtx13

Never seen you. Lol. I don't go over there all the time as most everyone is a ****. I was Locust Hunter but was banned for saying the news conference where there was no news sucked. And the forums were redone so i could make an account. I told TAO Devil i was back. He reported me to Flak but she never said anything. And i'm still there.

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Never seen you. Lol. I don't go over there all the time as most everyone is a ****. I was Locust Hunter but was banned for saying the news conference where there was no news sucked. And the forums were redone so i could make an account. I told TAO Devil i was back. He reported me to Flak but she never said anything. And i'm still there.

Yeah I don't go on that much, especially since it's pretty slow over there right now.I think I might have seen your post as Golden Hunter once lol. That sounds like Tao Devil. I used to respect him when I first join, but now he just seems to attack anyone who says something bad about Epic or Gears, even if it's the most littlest thing.

I won the launch skins from NFI and the Savage Kantus from III LYCAN IIII

Jexx21
07-03-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm sure you'll find it on Ebay later on, but be prepared to pay some ridiculous price.

Bah. Gamestop sold Ezio statues later on, I'm sure they'll sell Connor statues soon enough.

At least on August 28th I'm getting this baby;
http://www.arena.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rytlock-Pics-of-Final-Figure-10.jpg
The rest of the physical CE is here: http://qqreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Guild-Wars-2-Collectors-Edition-Unpacked.jpg
It also comes with a bunch of in-game items and stuff.

I personally think it's a lot better than AC3's NA CE.

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 04:15 AM

Well you do get the notebook though, plus it only cost $65 so basically extra $15 for the notebook and all the dlcs which I think it's great deal. The limited edition is a bit much though the statue, flag, and belt buckle for extra $60. I would rather spent that money on future dlcs. They should have 3 separate editions one that include all the in-game contents,one that include the physical items, and one that include both in-game and physical items. That way people can choose what edition they want according what is more important to them.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Yeah I don't go on that much, especially since it's pretty slow over there right now.I think I might have seen your post as Golden Hunter once lol. That sounds like Tao Devil. I used to respect him when I first join, but now he just seems to attack anyone who says something bad about Epic or Gears, even if it's the most littlest thing.

I won the launch skins from NFI and the Savage Kantus from III LYCAN IIIILycan is a good guy. And yeah. And if you debate what he says he starts to flip.

Bah. Gamestop sold Ezio statues later on, I'm sure they'll sell Connor statues soon enough.

http://www.arena.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rytlock-Pics-of-Final-Figure-10.jpg

I wish my pc could run Guild Wars 2 :(

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 04:17 AM
I agree. I think those options would be good.

Jexx21
07-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Yea, getting pretty much all of the pre-order DLC and the digital version of George's notebook is pretty awesome, def. worth $15.

It's just, I would love a statue of Connor, seeing as he's my favorite Assassin so far just because of his arsenal. Dual pistols (a favorite of mine), a bow (another favorite), a tomahawk (I've gained a love for war axes ever since Skyrim), and the hidden blade (I love that thing). I also love his reasons for being an Assassin, and his more stealthy style is awesome too.

Josegtx13
07-03-2012, 04:31 AM

The rest of the physical CE is here: http://qqreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Guild-Wars-2-Collectors-Edition-Unpacked.jpg
It also comes with a bunch of in-game items and stuff.

I personally think it's a lot better than AC3's NA CE.

That's true. It seems you're going to get a better deal though, you're going to get the statue, if you buy it, and all the DLC that comes with the PC CE. Most of us are either going to buy LE or a regular copy.

Lycan is a good guy. And yeah. And if you debate what he says he starts to flip.

Lycan is great and the mods seem to let TAO slide whenever he starts to troll.

And I just saw your post over there.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 04:32 AM
That's true. It seems you're going to get a better deal though, you're going to get the statue, if you buy it, and all the DLC that comes with the PC CE. Most of us are either going to buy LE or a regular copy.

Lycan is great and the mods seem to let TAO slide whenever he starts to troll.

And I just saw your post over there.Lol.

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 04:41 AM
Yea, getting pretty much all of the pre-order DLC and the digital version of George's notebook is pretty awesome, def. worth $15.

It's just, I would love a statue of Connor, seeing as he's my favorite Assassin so far just because of his arsenal. Dual pistols (a favorite of mine), a bow (another favorite), a tomahawk (I've gained a love for war axes ever since Skyrim), and the hidden blade (I love that thing). I also love his reasons for being an Assassin, and his more stealthy style is awesome too.

I think they just might sell the statue separately if a lot of people is demanding if not I'm sure people will sell it on ebay or something. Like what I've said earlier they should have included more options Some people prefer physical items, some people prefer in-game content, and some people want both, so why not include of all those different editions for all platforms and regions to make everyone happy.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I kinda found this edition funny, and in a way it was a break of the usual video game routine, most of the time America gets the most epic editions, but for once...we here in the Middle East get the ability too get something worth the money. I think the statue will be sold alone later on, best bet is eBay.

Turul.
07-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I've decided to go with the Ubiworkshop edition.

No DLC, but i really have interest in the flag and statue. which i dont have a whole ton of interest in. getting some AC posters soon anyways.

could also buy a copy from gamestop and sell the other.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I say hold you're breath on the statue. No idea how much quality it actually is.

Sharkey1337
07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Ok just got an email from Ubisoft, which I found VERY interesting concerning the Limited Edition:

http://static2.ubi.com/newsletters/2012/ac3_usa_20120702/images/r4.jpg

Notice how it says "Gamestop Limited Edition", so maybe we really are getting a better unanounced version?!!

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok just got an email from Ubisoft, which I found VERY interesting concerning the Limited Edition:

Notice how it says "Gamestop Limited Edition", so maybe we really are getting a better unanounced version?!!

Gamestop exclusive is in reference to the Mayan Ruins and the Sword I think.

SteelCity999
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM

This is just gamestop being punks......the only reason it is exclusive is the extra mission as that is the only thing that changes between retailers.

Sharkey1337
07-03-2012, 07:42 PM
lol, just smash my hopes...:p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I doubt they would do that, if anything, they would announce the superior version first, if there was going too be one.

Sharkey1337
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Eh, Gamestop has gotten exclusive 'limited editions' before, such as the Revelations package that included Da Vinci's flyer last year, not to mention the Signature Edition only available through them for ACR and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. If they are holding back the "staggering" awesome CE for tomorrow, then better show off the worse version now to build hype.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
I doubt it. As I said on the pre-order thread, it's a 2 doors too hell way, if the ''staggering'' edition has way too many stuff for 120$, Freedom buyers will be upset.

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Eh, Gamestop has gotten exclusive 'limited editions' before, such as the Revelations package that included Da Vinci's flyer last year, not to mention the Signature Edition only available through them for ACR and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. If they are holding back the "staggering" awesome CE for tomorrow, then better show off the worse version now to build hype.

The Signature Edition for GRFS literally only gave you two guns to use.... it was basically the pre-order bonus with a fancy cover.

SirTookTookIII
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Does the US get the Freedom edition or is it only available in the European countries?

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Only for EMEA

Sharkey1337
07-03-2012, 09:47 PM
The Signature Edition for GRFS literally only gave you two guns to use.... it was basically the pre-order bonus with a fancy cover.

And an exclusive coop map and 48 head unlocks for multiplayer. Granted it wasn't a special edition or anything, but Ubisoft does team up with Gamestop on exclusives A LOT.

thecodeman715
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
They should have at least include the singleplayer skins.

That's the only DLC I want, the Traditional Colonial Assassin Outfit!

JCearlyyears
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I wish PS3 was good in my opinion but I hate it so much. The reason I wish I liked PS3 is because then I would have that instead of Xbox and I would have the exclusive DLCs. I Hate PS3 though, and it doesn't have gears of war. Meh, I wish there were no exclusive DLCs.

DreadxHawk
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
honestly for such a long wait for the announcement I'm very disappointed that our CE is not even equal in quality to the Europes, I was hoping to get at least a dlc boundle, and I would have loved george washingtons journal. Seems like we kinda got screwed, oh well

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Ubi prefers PS3. Has been apparent since AC1, which was supposed too be a PS3 exclusive.

SSgt Carmine
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Where's Washington's journal? I'd much rather have that than the flag. It looks like something you'd find at a garage sale. The belt buckle is nice, I guess, but I'd prefer the medallion from the Join or Die edition. The statue is about the only good thing on the list, but that doesn't make this worth $120. Why can't Ubisoft just offer us the same editions as Europe?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 11:03 PM
The medallion should be exclusive too the Join or Die edition. Quite honestly, if you get it and the statue, Freedom becomes obsolete. And it is the most expensive.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 12:43 AM
I wish PS3 was good in my opinion but I hate it so much. The reason I wish I liked PS3 is because then I would have that instead of Xbox and I would have the exclusive DLCs. I Hate PS3 though, and it doesn't have gears of war. Meh, I wish there were no exclusive DLCs.

why do you dislike the PS3 so much? I mean I have both consoles and I think they're both great.

P.S I'm also a gears of war fan, it was the very first game I got when I buy the 360.:D

JCearlyyears
07-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't like anything about it. I have both, but it isn't exactly mine and I can't play it whenever I want so it isn't mine, and I would never buy a game for a system I can only occasionally use. I don't like it's controller, its menus, the loading times, what are in my opinion bad graphics, bad colors, and I don't like that it has crappy console exclusives(in my opinion.) I don't think Uncharted is crappy, but I just don't like it. It doesn't appeal to me.
Gears and AC1 were my first.

Sharkey1337
07-04-2012, 12:58 AM
I have both a PS3 and 360, and absolutely LOVE my 360 whereas my PS3 is mostly used for entertainment purposes and hub for my PSP Go and Vita. I much prefer the 360 controller and all multiplatform games on my 360. I have so few games on my PS3, the last game I bought was Battlefield 3 and I traded that in last month. Only have left is Uncharted 1 and 2, Bad Company 2, and the MGS HD Collection.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Wow, that's some hatred you got there e,e I prefer the PS3 controller, always will. Maybe because I have been using it since the PS1.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
why do you dislike the PS3 so much? I mean I have both consoles and I think they're both great.

P.S I'm also a gears of war fan, it was the very first game I got when I buy the 360.:D

Best game series IMO.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I don't like anything about it. I have both, but it isn't exactly mine and I can't play it whenever I want so it isn't mine, and I would never buy a game for a system I can only occasionally use. I don't like it's controller, its menus, the loading times, what are in my opinion bad graphics, bad colors, and I don't like that it has crappy console exclusives(in my opinion.) I don't think Uncharted is crappy, but I just don't like it. It doesn't appeal to me.
Gears and AC1 were my first.

I agreed with you that the menus and the online interaction of PS3 is not good at all, the Xbox dashboard and online stuff for the Xbox is much better (in my opinion) . With graphics I really don't see the different between the two ( maybe it just me though). In my opinion although I really enjoy Uncharted 1 and 2 ( thought 3 is not good at all, not much change, and very overrated) but it has no replay value whatsoever basically once I beat it I have no desire to do it again . I got the xbox 360 first and I got the PS3 as a birthday present. I know this sound weird but I have AC1 ( which I let my friend borrow and he lost it), AC2, and ACB. But I have ACR for the PS3 mainly because my xbox 360 basically have no memory space left and ACR on PS3 come with AC1. I mainly play online game with my xbox like COD, Gears, Mass Effect 3, etc... and those games require alot of memory space. So I try to get more games for PS3 to save spaces. Plus I'm God of war and Metal Gears fan so I had to have those games. I also like the xbox controller better. I have had my 360 for 5 years now and only 2 years for the ps3 so I'm a little biased toward the 360.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 01:24 AM
The PS3 is actually stronger than the Xbox, and Revelations look better on it, but most devs find it too complex too make games on it so they make X360 games, then port it over too the PS3. Aren't we going kinda off topic, here?

JCearlyyears
07-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Ah. I have had my Xbox for quite some time. I had one for 3 years then it was rung with red so I had to play ps2 games for almost a year, then I got another xbox when Halo Reach came out. Do you have a 20 gb hard drive? Mine is 250 I think. Off topic? Sorry...

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Ah. I have had my Xbox for quite some time. I had one for 3 years then it was rung with red so I had to play ps2 games for almost a year, then I got another xbox when Halo Reach came out. Do you have a 20 gb hard drive? Mine is 250 I think. Off topic? Sorry...

Sorry for the off topic here. Yes I used to have the 20gb hard drive, but then I bought the 60gb hard drive and transfer all of my stuff from the 20gb hard drive to the 60 one. Then I delete everything from the 20gb hard drive and sold it online. 60gb is still not enough for me haha :D and I don't want buy more memory space while I have the 250 gb PS3 sitting around so I had to make good use of it.