PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III - Independence Trailer

Mr_Shade
07-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Assassin's enjoy!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfNlj9hKCs

DemigodWL
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Great trailer. But now were igniting the revolution too? So Conner is on the side of the patriots then fighting the Brits through this game. At least we know now.

WolfTemplar94
07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Not as good as the other trailers :/ Also, why don't the graphics in this trailer seem even as good as Revelations gameplay?

pacmanate
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Great trailer. But now were igniting the revolution too? So Conner is on the side of the patriots then fighting the Brits through this game. At least we know now.

Not as good as the other trailers :/ Also, why don't the graphics in this trailer seem even as good as Revelations gameplay?

I was thinking the same. These graphics look worse than the world premiere gameplay trailer.

DemigodWL
07-02-2012, 02:40 PM
I was thinking the same. These graphics look worse than the world premiere gameplay trailer.

What? All the trailers, screen shots etc have shown Conner killing Brits/redcoats they haven't shown anything else. We obviously cant kill Americans, we get to command one of their ships according to the E3 trailer and this one says we ignite the revolution. Obviously the Brits are the templars in this one.

oliacr
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
great

hupponen
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
But that trailer didn't even show connor killing redcoats. Just americans and british killing eachothers.

DemigodWL
07-02-2012, 02:50 PM
No but he does in everything else. Never (shown) killing everyone else. Also your not going to ignite a revolution by siding with the Brits are you?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm just gonna say this: for everything the actual developers of this game are doing and saying to present a fair portrait of the war, the marketing department is doing absolutely everything to make it look like black & white pro-US version of the history instead. I was waiting for Mel Gibson to appear at the end of this trailer.

Aphex_Tim
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game but i'm starting to hate the marketing more and more...

rileypoole1234
07-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Are people really complaining about graphics? Go play Crysis. These graphics really do look amazing though.

For the last time, there wasn't a such thing as Americans back then, so anybody Connor kills is British.

This complaining is really getting ridiculous.

CrazySN
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm just gonna say this: for everything the actual developers of this game are doing and saying to present a fair portrait of the war, the marketing department is doing absolutely everything to make it look like black & white pro-US version of the history instead. I was waiting for Mel Gibson to appear at the end of this trailer.

Omg, two opposing sides are fighting each other, but America is in it!!! It's American propaganda, omg!!!

-_-

RatonhnhakeFan
07-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Omg, two opposing sides are fighting each other, but America is in it!!! It's American propaganda, omg!!!

-_-ohh please, don't get so defensive. The fact is that marketing is pro-US biased. Everyone can see it. And IMO, it does a disservice to the game since I don't doubt the actual portrayal of the war will be much more fair in the game.

rileypoole1234
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Do I spy Crispus Attucks in there? Anybody know who he is? Isn't that the Boston Massacre at 0:44? Could it be?

egriffin09
07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Is this the full trailer we are suppose to get on July 4th? Are they making some kind of announcement on july 4th because I don't get why they would release the trailer 2 days early?

shanethebouncer
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
No but he does in everything else. Never (shown) killing everyone else. Also your not going to ignite a revolution by siding with the Brits are you?

Shut.Up.

Locopells
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh bloody hell...

beatledude210
07-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Do I spy Crispus Attucks in there? Anybody know who he is? Isn't that the Boston Massacre at 0:44? Could it be?

I bet it is! I wonder what interaction Connor will have with the Boston Massacre, and Crispus Attucks for that matter.

berserker134
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
omg peapole everyone was friggin BRITISH lisent to their accents in every demo NOW GET OVER ITTT

Steww-
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM

I could not agree more.

Ubisoft are excellent at capturing the grey-area between good/bad, and even Corey May has expressed his desire to strengthen this for AC3, but the marketing certainly doesn't seem to be making any attempt to do this.

Also, when people say that everyone was British, that is true. But let's face it, Americans identify with the patriots and Brits identify with the Redcoats.

DemigodWL
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Shut.Up.

Whats the problem? I know its not a American v Brit thing. They said so at E3 but in everything we have been shown the brits or at least their leaders are the templers. So of course Conner will side/help the Patriots.

lonewarrior30
07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
will we be seing the same trailer on july 4th?

Layytez
07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
omg peapole everyone was friggin BRITISH lisent to their accents in every demo NOW GET OVER ITTT

How many bluecoats have we heard with a british accent ?

DemigodWL
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
will we be seing the same trailer on july 4th?
July 2nd was the day the continental congress adopted the resolution, it was just formalized on the 4th.

True_Assassin92
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
This trailer confuses me. The gameplay we've seen looked amazing, but then again this trailer looked like ****...back to the old AC. ( In my opinion )

Locopells
07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
It was probably made ages ago, out of Pre-Alpha stuff, if you think it looks that bad.

True_Assassin92
07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
It was probably made ages ago, out of Pre-Alpha stuff, if you think it looks that bad.

Ya I hope so. Honestly it looks worse than what we've seen at E3 :P

De Filosoof
07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Where are the amazing "AC lightning effects"? This looks really dull.

So the leaked screenshots from a while ago were legit after all.

SaintPerkele
07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I'll be honest with you: The graphics look bad, compared to the demos we were previously shown (this has nothing to do with "GAMES ARE ONLY GOOD IF THE GRAPHICS ARE GOOD HURRDURR", it just shows that this trailer was quickly put together without paying much attention to its looks and cinematic scenes). The animations, especially the facial ones, look extremely boring (why would you show the close-up of an NPC dying, when he won't even scream or something like that? Instead he just looks bored. Of course there were never such facial animations in the previous AC games, so we won't notice this when playing the game, but then don't show it in such a detail in a trailer..). The landscape at 0:08 looks literally horrible. All those edges, the missing plants, the bad textures..

I won't discuss the jingoism again, as it has been discussed over and over again and I'm afraid that this thread will develop in that exact direction. We know by know, that the marketing is somewhat jingoistic and we also know that the final game won't be like that.

Nonetheless.. "Amazing Grace".. Seriously? Not because it is usually connected with American patriotism, but because it does not fit AC at all. I want to listen to amazing in-game soundtracks and not a boring song which is played on so many occasions..

Long story short, I'm disappointed, if July 4th will be similar to this. I'm glad that I got more than enough at E3, so this won't change my high opinion about ACIII.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Ah good. Another Ubi forum **** storm. Nobody of Arabic or Italian descent ever complained about killing Italians or Arabs.

masterfenix2009
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
So people are complaining about American propaganda AND graphics? I'm done with life...

Locopells
07-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Ah good. Another Ubi forum **** storm. Nobody of Arabic or Italian descent ever complained about killing Italians or Arabs.

Ah good, someone else who misses the point... It's not the killing Brits that's bothering anybody (well, most people).

So people are complaining about American propaganda AND graphics? I'm done with life...

You haven't been around here lately, have you?!

LightRey
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
This is ridiculous. The graphics look fantastic. I don't get how people can't see the difference between degradation of video quality caused by conversion, etc. and the actual rendering. It's not that hard to see the difference really.

masterfenix2009
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Ah good, someone else who misses the point... It's not the killing Brits that's bothering anybody (well, most people).

You haven't been around here lately, have you?!No, I have. It's the graphics part that annoys me.

LightRey
07-02-2012, 08:23 PM
No, I have. It's the graphics part that annoys me.
They've been complaining about that with every trailer so far.

Lonesoldier2012
07-02-2012, 09:24 PM

What's the point then?

Jxspyder
07-02-2012, 10:05 PM

So please, what is this point we're apparently missing?

playassassins1
07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm very surprised and confused about the graphics. In some parts of the trailer they look amazing, and in some parts they don't look amazing.... I think its Pre-alhpa mixed with alpha stuff.

And the trailer doesn't really show connor killing Redcoats right? So why all the complaints about it?

BBALive
07-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm very surprised and confused about the graphics. In some parts of the trailer they look amazing, and in some parts they don't look amazing.... I think its Pre-alhpa mixed with alpha stuff.

And the trailer doesn't really show connor killing Redcoats right? So why all the complaints about it?

There's likely to be very little, if any difference between pre-alpha and alpha footage in terms of graphics.

Black_Widow9
07-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey guys. I was looking at the quality and I believe it's the transfer. Check it out here in HD. ;)
http://youtu.be/L_lCNKW_l4U

Legendz54
07-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Wow.... some people are just so ungrateful over an amazing game... The graphics look top shape, don't expect ps4 graphics

Requiscent
07-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Graphically, AC III does more than Revelations. Sure ACR looked great, but it is by far the weakest of the series so far. Compared to AC I, AC II, and even ACB it just felt lacking.

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Wow.... some people are just so ungrateful over an amazing game... The graphics look top shape, don't expect ps4 graphics

Ehh nothing new, some people are always like that. No point in trying to convince them at this point the game is not out yet. People complain but will still ends up getting the game anyways and if they don't end up buying the game well its their lost I guess.

Locopells
07-03-2012, 01:25 AM
What's the point then?

So please, what is this point we're apparently missing?

'Sigh'

The point is not the killing of Brits, despite statements like this:

which come up at some point, every time anyone complains about a trailer. For most people, it's the largely black and white, mainly Pro-American marketing that's going on (and, no it's not imagined, Ubi have admitted that there is a marketing slant), which is causing the complaints.

This is for two reasons:

One. It's not what the AC series is about. The Assassin's don't take sides except for their own, yet with few exceptions the impression is being put out that Connor is fighting for the Bluecoats (this is usually where the complaints about killing only Redcoats come in). For newcomers to the series, who won't necessarily follow AC online and may not see what the Devs are saying, this is highly misleading.

Two: The marketing is also taking the rose-tinted view of the War of Independence. This is not an Anti-US thing. Forget whatever you may think of the USA today, this is over 200 years ago. However read this article.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/29/the-history-behind-assassins-creed-iii-nationalities/.

Until there is a trailer that fully shows this grey nature of the war, that the game will be exploring, people will continue to complain.

Goodnight.

LightRey
07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
'Sigh'

which come up at some point, every time anyone complains about a trailer. For most people, it's the largely black and white, mainly Pro-American marketing that's going on (and, no it's not imagined, Ubi have admitted that there is a marketing slant), which is causing the complaints.

This is for two reasons:

One. It's not what the AC series is about. The Assassin's don't take sides except for their own, yet with few exceptions the impression is being put out that Connor is fighting for the Bluecoats (this is usually where the complaints about killing only Redcoats come in). For newcomers to the series, who won't necessarily follow AC online and may not see what the Devs are saying, this is highly misleading.

Two: The marketing is also taking the rose-tinted view of the War of Independence. This is not an Anti-US thing. Forget whatever you may think of the USA today, this is over 200 years ago. However read this article.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/29/the-history-behind-assassins-creed-iii-nationalities/.

Until there is a trailer that fully shows this grey nature of the war, that the game will be exploring, people will continue to complain.

Goodnight.
What I fail to see here is why there would be any need for pro-British (well, not pro-British, just evening it out really) marketing. Last time I checked this was by far not as major a point in British history as it was in American history. Nor do I see how for example playing British national(ist) music would in any way be appropriate. In fact, that would be a slap in the face of the US as it would basically show support for the unmaking of their nation. The fact of the matter is that the Americans won that war and in doing so became an independent country, that is what the music and the shown battles of choice reflect. They have been showing images almost solely of the Battle of Bunker Hill if I'm not mistaken. A battle in which Connor was assassinating an English general and a battle which, btw, was won by the British regardless. If anything, these trailers show the neutrality of the Assassins in the war. It's this ridiculous superficial attitude of you all that's bugging the absolute chiz out of me. It takes little more than one quick look to see, even solely from the trailers, that the Assassins are strongly neutral in this war. The rest is just a reflection of who actually won it and to whom it has most meaning, something that should be obvious.

Stop trying to pin this on whatever excuse you've been pinning your nationalist or anti-americanist attitude on and have some **** respect for the people who's nation was born from this war.

EDIT: To give one last example: If one were to make a game about the 80 Years' War, it would be absolutely natural to use the Dutch national anthem as theme music and show people fighting the Spanish, while it would be downright insulting to play Spanish national(ist) music.

The same would go for Indonesian national music and Dutch national music respectively regarding our colonial war with Indonesia.

De Filosoof
07-03-2012, 02:09 AM
What I fail to see here is why there would be any need for pro-British (well, not pro-British, just evening it out really) marketing. Last time I checked this was by far not as major a point in British history as it was in American history. Nor do I see how for example playing British national(ist) music would in any way be appropriate. In fact, that would be a slap in the face of the US as it would basically show support for the unmaking of their nation. The fact of the matter is that the Americans won that war and in doing so became an independent country, that is what the music and the shown battles of choice reflect. They have been showing images almost solely of the Battle of Bunker Hill if I'm not mistaken. A battle in which Connor was assassinating an English general and a battle which, btw, was won by the British regardless. If anything, these trailers show the neutrality of the Assassins in the war. It's this ridiculous superficial attitude of you all that's bugging the absolute chiz out of me. It takes little more than one quick look to see, even solely from the trailers, that the Assassins are strongly neutral in this war. The rest is just a reflection of who actually won it and to whom it has most meaning, something that should be obvious.

Stop trying to pin this on whatever excuse you've been pinning your nationalist or anti-americanist attitude on and have some **** respect for the people who's nation was born from this war.

EDIT: To give one last example: If one were to make a game about the 80 Years' War, it would be absolutely natural to use the Dutch national anthem as theme music and show people fighting the Spanish, while it would be downright insulting to play Spanish national(ist) music.

The same would go for Indonesian national music and Dutch national music respectively regarding our colonial war with Indonesia.

Dude...calm down. He's not saying there should be any British nationalist music in the trailer, so what are you rambling about?

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:21 AM

I would have made a lengthy post but now i don't have to. Thanks Lightrey.

The British were the bad guy's during this war in real life. If it was shown Connor killing nothing but Bluecoats it would be labeled terrorism. The Bluecoats fought for freedom from the Redcoats and this is a key point for Assassin's. The Redcoats are Templars and without freedom the Assassin's would be found and killed due to an army of Templars taking America. They haven't shown Bluecoats being killed because that would be a story spoiler. As most Bluecoats aren't Templars.

Locopells
07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
What I fail to see here is why there would be any need for pro-British (well, not pro-British, just evening it out really) marketing.

I've explained that.

Last time I checked this was by far not as major a point in British history as it was in American history.

Well it was and wasn't depending on how you look at it. That's a history lesson for another time.

Nor do I see how for example playing British national(ist) music would in any way be appropriate. In fact, that would be a slap in the face of the US as it would basically show support for the unmaking of their nation.

Where did I ask for that? That would be a rather crass way of being neutral.

The fact of the matter is that the Americans won that war and in doing so became an independent country, that is what the music and the shown battles of choice reflect.

Yes. And the other side of all that? Like everything mentioned in the article I linked? "They speak of Liberty and Justice. But for who?"

They have been showing images almost solely of the Battle of Bunker Hill if I'm not mistaken. A battle in which Connor was assassinating an English general and a battle which, btw, was won by the British regardless. If anything, these trailers show the neutrality of the Assassins in the war.

How? There's only the occasional quote, like the one above, to show that.

It's this ridiculous superficial attitude of you all that's bugging the absolute chiz out of me.

Easy with the insults, mate.

It takes little more than one quick look to see, even solely from the trailers, that the Assassins are strongly neutral in this war.

Like I said.

The rest is just a reflection of who actually won it and to whom it has most meaning, something that should be obvious.

More who is primarily aimed at. And naturally it'll have most meaning to the US. That doesn't mean everything else should be forgotten.

I've already said this isn't an anti-US thing (for me). I wish people would stop flinging that at anyone who complains, it's such a lazy argument.

Already covered that.

Dude...calm down. He's not saying there should be any British nationalist music in the trailer, so what are you rambling about?

The British were the bad guy's during this war in real life. If it was shown Connor killing nothing but Bluecoats it would be labeled terrorism. The Bluecoats fought for freedom from the Redcoats and this is a key point for Assassin's. The Redcoats are Templars and without freedom the Assassin's would be found and killed due to an army of Templars taking America. They haven't shown Bluecoats being killed because that would be a story spoiler. As most Bluecoats aren't Templars.

I'm not saying the British weren't bad - just that the Bluecoats weren't all pure either. Read the article!

thecodeman715
07-03-2012, 02:30 AM
I think this is just a teaser trailer, it says July 4th Ignite the Revolution, so I think that a better one will be released on Independence Day. And hopefully a better North American Collector's Edition than the Limited Edition.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:36 AM
I've explained that.

Well it was and wasn't depending on how you look at it. That's a history lesson for another time.

Yes. And the other side of all that? Like everything mentioned in the article I linked? "They speak of Liberty and Justice. But for who?"

Like I said.

More who is primarily aimed at. And naturally it'll have most meaning to the US. That doesn't mean everything else should be forgotten.

I've already said this isn't an anti-US thing (for me). I wish people would stop flinging that at anyone who complains, it's such a lazy argument.

Already covered that.

I'm not saying the British weren't bad - just that the Bluecoats weren't all pure either. Read the article!Read something i don't have to? **** that!

De Filosoof
07-03-2012, 02:36 AM

It surely is.

Moultonborough
07-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Well, for me at least I think it will shut some people up now that we have seen Minute Men killed even if it wasn't by Connor. Also the phrase 'Ignite the Revolution" is not new to the trailers. It was used in the first trailer for the game. So people should not be upset over it. And last while they used "Amazing Grace" for a song and even if it favors the Colonials the version sucked it sounds like they got a nine year old to do it.

Timeaus
07-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Now that moon at end of the video where connor is on top on a tree (or cliff) is rather large, you think he is getting ready to fight werewolves or maybe connor is a werewolf himself ;):rolleyes:

Aphex_Tim
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't like this trailer.
Partly because i don't like Amazing Grace and even less cause of the way it's performed.

lukaszep
07-03-2012, 09:54 AM
The marketing department must be loving the controversy their advertising is causing. Controversy is one of the best marketing techniques and a big seller.
Of course this trailer is going to be patriotic, It's for the 4th July, American Independence day. It's their history so they are allowed to commemorate it, I take no offence.

However, in my opinion it is the worst AC trailer ever. Nothing to do with it's subject, it's just the music, editing, everything is just horrible.

NeroInfernoF7
07-03-2012, 10:32 AM
'Sigh'

This is for two reasons:

Goodnight.

Well said. I agree with you. And I'm not even British or American.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 10:38 AM

I'm glad you already know who all the Templars are. Was the game as good as the others, seeing as you've clearly already played it? And when you say that the British were the 'bad guys' in real life, do you mean that from an American perspective, they were the bad guys? Because as far as I'm aware, nobody sits down before a war and says, "Right. our side will be the heroes in this one, and you guys can be the villains." Obviously in some cases (WW2 for example) one side performs unforgivable acts that tilts the scales somewhat as to who is remembered as the 'bad guys'. From what I've heard, both sides were at fault in this one, and Corey May specifically said that they wanted a return to the grey area morality thing.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Horrible trailer.The graphics look good though.
It's understandable to why the trailer sucks so much.It's for the Independence Day, so what did you expect? Colonists getting murdered?
The game WILL be amazing, but the trailer sure are lacking for this one (except the E3 cinematic one).

Layytez
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Horrible trailer.The graphics look good though.
It's understandable to why the trailer sucks so much.It's for the Independence Day, so what did you expect? Colonists getting murdered?
The game WILL be amazing, but the trailer sure are lacking for this one (except the E3 cinematic one).

During the Diamond Jubilee they showed Redcoats getting slaughtered...oh wait.

Locopells
07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Well said. I agree with you. And I'm not even British or American.

Thanks.

The stupid thing is, this is the one trailer I kinda expected to be Pro-Bluecoat, given it's release date. On it's own, I don't have a problem, but in with the rest of the marketing, it's just continuing a bad trend.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks.

The stupid thing is, this is the one trailer I kinda expected to be Pro-Bluecoat, given it's release date. On it's own, I don't have a problem, but in with the rest of the marketing, it's just continuing a bad trend.

All the trailers have been pro-colonials to date.Did they really have to add that song too? I hate this trailer from the very bottom of my heart. It look fan-made and cheap.

De Filosoof
07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm glad you already know who all the Templars are. Was the game as good as the others, seeing as you've clearly already played it? And when you say that the British were the 'bad guys' in real life, do you mean that from an American perspective, they were the bad guys? Because as far as I'm aware, nobody sits down before a war and says, "Rig ht. our side will be the heroes in this one, and you guys can be the villains." Obviously in some cases (WW2 for example) one side performs unforgivable acts that tilts the scales somewhat as to who is remembered as the 'bad guys'. From what I've heard, both sides were at fault in this one, and Corey May specifically said that they wanted a return to the grey area morality thing.

Even in WW2 it was not one-sided.

You don't wanna know what America did in WW2.
They deceived their people because they provoked pearl harbor (you can find it all in documents) to get the people into war with Japan and they sold various resources to the nazis.

I'm from the Netherlands and the royal family and colonial bank here built cocaine factories in our country in 1900 and sold cocaine to the soldiers in WW1 (they even had a monopoly on selling cocaine) and amphetamine to the nazis in WW2. Now that's sick (you can look it all up if you don't believe me). Even our former prince (Bernhard) was an SS-officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr7ePrCAqzo

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Even in WW2 it was not one-sided.

You don't wanna know what America did in WW2.
They deceived their people because they provoked pearl harbor (you can find it all in documents) to get the people into war with Japan and they sold various resources to the nazis.

I'm from the Netherlands and the royal family and colonial bank here built cocaine factories in our country in 1900 and sold cocaine to the soldiers in WW1 (they even had a monopoly on selling cocaine) and amphetamine to the nazis in WW2. Now that's sick (you can look it all up if you don't believe me). Even our former prince (Bernhard) was a SS-officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr7ePrCAqzo

Thanks, I didn't know this before. In that case, it's even more ridiculous to claim that one side is obviously good or bad and vice versa. Takes two to tango!

De Filosoof
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks, I didn't know this before. In that case, it's even more ridiculous to claim that one side is obviously good or bad and vice versa. Takes two to tango!

No problem :). It's pretty interesting stuff actually.
I hope they'll have some really painful facts in AC3 too.

LightRey
07-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I've explained that.

Like I said.

Already covered that.

I'm not saying the British weren't bad - just that the Bluecoats weren't all pure either. Read the article!
No, you haven't. You just keep saying you did or are going to and then all you say is why it's not what everybody is saying it is.

You want to argue that the birth of the United States of America was just as important a historical event to the British as to the Americans? Because if you do you had better come with some good arguments.

It's mostly an example. I'm quite sure that if they were playing different music you would not be complaining.

There is no other side, even if you'd like to argue otherwise. The Americans won and became an independent nation. That's it. The "glorification" of the American side is there because this was their defining moment in history. For the British it was just a war they lost. It is not defining for them, it is nothing they're particularly proud or ashamed of and it's not something that made or unmade their nation, contrary to what it was like to the Americans. This americanist "theme" is not to show that the Americans were the "good guys", it's because this was their moment in history. It was a war about them. The British were just there to stop them, the Americans were creating their own nation. The trailers are simply reflecting that.

I just explained that. It shows it because you see Connor in a battle trying to assassinate a British general, and yet the British still win. That right there should be enough. If Connor had actually be picking sides he'd have made sure the Americans won the battle. It really shouldn't have been hard if he could take out their general.

I refer to the above statement.

Who's saying everything else is going to be forgotten? These are trailers. They're there to excite and inspire people, not give them a history lesson. Are you expecting them to narrate the diaries of British and American generals or something? Or were you hoping for a special reading from your favorite history professor? It's a game. It's about the American revolution. It's their moment in history and in trailers such as this, they're the ones who should be "congratulated", if you will. It's similar (though obviously not identical) to how a recap of the finals of the European Football Championship will (mostly) show the Spanish celebrating, not the Italians being all depressed.

That's just the thing, it isn't a valid argument. In fact, you still have yet to make clear what exactly your argument is, because you only keep saying what it isn't. From where I'm standing, you are being anti-americanist and are just thinking of excuses (and not actually coming up with many) to justify that.

How exactly did you cover that? The music is just an example. What exactly would you like to see added to or removed from these trailers?

freddie_1897
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
why can't people understand that there is no definite good guy or bad guy in war. there are only winners and losers. and it is the winners who decide who the good and bad are. "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

oh and as an Englishman, Lightrey is right that the american revolution is not as important to british people. we are rarely taught about it. We had the biggest empire that has ever existed. losing the americas was not a massive massive blow back then.

however lightrey, yes the British were the 'bad guys' in real life, but in assassins creed they are known for twisting the truth and finding the darker side of each conflict. if we were to play AC3 on the side of the Colonials with the British being evil, then it would be boring. it could be true and make complete sense. but for an AC game it would be very boring.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm glad you already know who all the Templars are. Was the game as good as the others, seeing as you've clearly already played it? And when you say that the British were the 'bad guys' in real life, do you mean that from an American perspective, they were the bad guys? Because as far as I'm aware, nobody sits down before a war and says, "Right. our side will be the heroes in this one, and you guys can be the villains." Obviously in some cases (WW2 for example) one side performs unforgivable acts that tilts the scales somewhat as to who is remembered as the 'bad guys'. From what I've heard, both sides were at fault in this one, and Corey May specifically said that they wanted a return to the grey area morality thing.Any country that tries to prevent another's freedom is bad IMO. And the statement about the Templars being Redcoats and few Bluecoat generals etc. who are Templars that was already stated by Ubisoft. And the thing i said about the Templars finding the Assassin's is why they fight for modern day freedom. Assassin's have to make sure the world isn't imploded or blows up.

No, you haven't. You just keep saying you did or are going to and then all you say is why it's not what everybody is saying it is.

You want to argue that the birth of the United States of America was just as important a historical event to the British as to the Americans? Because if you do you had better come with some good argument

It's mostly an example. I'm quite sure that if they were playing different music you would not be complaining.

There is no other side, even if you'd like to argue otherwise. The Americans won and became an independent nation. That's it. The "glorification" of the American side is there because this was their defining moment in history. For the British it was just a war they lost. It is not defining for them, it is nothing they're particularly proud or ashamed of and it's not something that made or unmade their nation, contrary to what it was like to the Americans. This americanist "theme" is not to show that the Americans were the "good guys", it's because this was their moment in history. It was a war about them. The British were just there to stop them, the Americans were creating their own nation. The trailers are simply reflecting that.

I just explained that. It shows it because you see Connor in a battle trying to assassinate a British general, and yet the British still win. That right there should be enough. If Connor had actually be picking sides he'd have made sure the Americans won the battle. It really shouldn't have been hard if he could take out their general.

I refer to the above statement.

Who's saying everything else is going to be forgotten? These are trailers. They're there to excite and inspire people, not give them a history lesson. Are you expecting them to narrate the diaries of British and American generals or something? Or were you hoping for a special reading from your favorite history professor? It's a game. It's about the American revolution. It's their moment in history and in trailers such as this, they're the ones who should be "congratulated", if you will. It's similar (though obviously not identical) to how a recap of the finals of the European Football Championship will (mostly) show the Spanish celebrating, not the Italians being all depressed.

That's just the thing, it isn't a valid argument. In fact, you still have yet to make clear what exactly your argument is, because you only keep saying what it isn't. From where I'm standing, you are being anti-americanist and are just thinking of excuses (and not actually coming up with many) to justify that.

How exactly did you cover that? The music is just an example. What exactly would you like to see added to or removed from these trailers?

This.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't get some people.Of course the trailer is horrible and it stands as complete oposite for what the Assassins (and the game itself for that matter) stand for, but it is made for 4TH ****ING JULY !!! What were you expecting??? It is made for the american people to enjoy.They weren't going to show Colonist soldiers being killed by Connor right in this **** trailer.
Also I don't get why some people defend this trailer...it's a pile of crap anyway you look at it.The editing is bad, the song is performed bad, almost no screen time for Connor...

tarrero
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
why can't people understand that there is no definite good guy or bad guy in war. there are only winners and losers. and it is the winners who decide who the good and bad are. "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

oh and as an Englishman, Lightrey is right that the american revolution is not as important to british people. we are rarely taught about it. We had the biggest empire that has ever existed. losing the americas was not a massive massive blow back then.

however lightrey, yes the British were the 'bad guys' in real life, but in assassins creed they are known for twitting the truth and finding the darker side of each conflict. if we were to play AC3 on the side of the Colonials with the British being evil, then it would be boring. it could be true and make complete sense. but for an AC game it would be very boring.

This, and even though I did not like the trailer, I share your view on this.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Any country that tries to prevent another's freedom is bad IMO.

There are so, so many things I could say about the irony of this statement. But I think perhaps that's a conversation for another time...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I used too be like you guys, defending Ubisoft with everything, until I realized how terribly Pro-American the marketing is. Isn't it fake advertising if it is pro-american but you kill americans? just pointing that out there.

Sabastian_AC
07-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I wasn't terribly impressed with this trailer. Kinda felt like a rush job, if you ask me, and as far as the whole female-singing-an-old-song-over-gameplay category, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkl6HrlP1zw) trailer takes the cake.

Oh wait, we're not talking about the actual trailer anymore? Well now I'm embarassed.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 04:58 PM
The trailer didn't really feel like an AC trailer because of the lack of well..Assassin's in it.

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I used too be like you guys, defending Ubisoft with everything, until I realized how terribly Pro-American the marketing is. Isn't it fake advertising if it is pro-american but you kill americans? just pointing that out there.

Battlefield 3 wants a word.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Well, that is EA. And EA is well...EA.

freddie_1897
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
this this this this this this this!

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Lulz.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Pro-American? Look at the limited edition for America and any other edition for another country for any AC game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 06:49 PM
That really does not say much. So basically because America gets a edition that people see less superior, the advertising is neutral? no.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 06:53 PM
That really does not say much. So basically because America gets a edition that people see less superior, the advertising is neutral? no.

Uh yeah. Ubi isn't pro-American.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 06:54 PM
The marketing is Pro-American.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
The marketing is Pro-American.

How so?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Lets see...every trailer- Red coats slaughtered. Assassin robes have blue in them *Unlike any other red and white Assassin* in the debut trailer ''Depends on those who are truly free'' goes onto a American flag, and I can list examples on and on but lets stop there. Plus, ''Ignite the Revolution '' and the way we discovered the name Kenway was....lets leave that out.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Lets see...every trailer- Red coats slaughtered. Assassin robes have blue in them *Unlike any other red and white Assassin* in the debut trailer ''Depends on those who are truly free'' goes onto a American flag, and I can list examples on and on but lets stop there. Plus, ''Ignite the Revolution '' and the way we discovered the name Kenway was....lets leave that out.

The game takes place in America. The Redcoats are killed because most are Templars and the only Bluecoats who are Templars are generals and such.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 07:04 PM
How so?

One of the most iconic songs in American popular culture put in the trailer is pretty pro-american.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:05 PM
No. So what if it takes place in America? AC1 took place in the Middle East, but the game had the Crusaders and Muslims both equal. Why not here?

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
One of the most iconic songs in American popular culture put in the trailer is pretty pro-american.

Amazing Grace? Amazing Grace is essentially a church hymn that gets sung at funerals.

No. So what if it takes place in America? AC1 took place in the Middle East, but the game had the Crusaders and Muslims both equal. Why not here?

Are you discussing the game or the marketing of the game? From what little I can remember now of the AC1 marketing we saw a LOT of gameplay from Damascus and Jerusalem since those are pretty easy to spot/recognize cities. As such I remember Altair fighting a lot more Muslim guards than Crusader knights. I might be wrong though as it has been almost 5 years now.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
You said that the game takes place in America, so it must have more Redcoats being killed. In AC1, that was not the case. And oh, most of the marketing was shown in Acre.

BBALive
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
The game takes place in America. The Redcoats are killed because most are Templars and the only Bluecoats who are Templars are generals and such.

You're in denial. Stop making excuses and pulling unconfirmed information out of your ***.

Even those that don't care about killing Redcoats and those that believe the final game will deliver a game that features Templars on both sides as well as a story that shows the Revolution from a neutral perspective admit that the marketing is pro-American. Heck, Alex Hutchinson himself admitted that the marketing the pro-American.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
How so?

The marketing is Pro-American because it views the war from an American viewpoint, rather enthusiastically, and urges us to do the same, which is to empathize with the Americans. If the trailer had shown Connor marching into a British camp plastered Union Jacks with Rule Britannia or God Save the Queen playing, high-fiving his Daddy before they go off for a full English breakfast together, whilst we are bombarded with phrases such as, 'Crush the Revolutionaries!" and "This October, fight to maintain your hold on the largest emerging superpower of the world!" that would be Pro-British.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Mostly because the marketing team is diss-connected from the devs. Kinda like Capcom, they're marketing is horrendous with disk locked DLC, ''Ultimate Editions'' and what not but it's because the marketing is diss-connected from the dev team.

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 07:11 PM
You said that the game takes place in America, so it must have more Redcoats being killed. In AC1, that was not the case. And oh, most of the marketing was shown in Acre.

It was? Man, it's been a long time since I watched any of the AC1 stuff again.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Amazing Grace? Amazing Grace is essentially a church hymn that gets sung at funerals.

And in popular culture it is an american icon.
Also, who came up with the argument that the game being located in America has anything to do with the american bias?? Of all the pro-american thing happening in the trailers you come up with this?? It made it possible to the supporters of the marketing to make a valid point....

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
And in popular culture it is an american icon.

Yeah I guess I see that... sucks that it apparently was a bad version of it.

Which part of Romania are you from? Part of my dad's side of the family came to the US from the area around Bucharest in the early 1900s and I have been trying to find out who in Romania I could get ahold of to try and find out more about my family.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah I guess I see that... sucks that it apparently was a bad version of it.

Which part of Romania are you from? Part of my dad's side of the family came to the US from the area around Bucharest in the early 1900s and I have been trying to find out who in Romania I could get ahold of to try and find out more about my family.

I was born in Bucharest.But my parents come from all the sides of the country...
Also yeah...the song was performed AWFUL.

Gregolian
07-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I was born in Bucharest.But my parents come from all the sides of the country...
Also yeah...the song was performed AWFUL.

I hate dragging this off topic but do you know of any office or something I could contact that might have pre WWII records still?

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I hate dragging this off topic but do you know of any office or something I could contact that might have pre WWII records still?

I have no ideea.And yeah...we should pretty much end this going off topic.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:22 PM
One of the most iconic songs in American popular culture put in the trailer is pretty pro-american.Really more of a church hymn.

No. So what if it takes place in America? AC1 took place in the Middle East, but the game had the Crusaders and Muslims both equal. Why not here?More Muslims were killed in the trailers IIRC

You're in denial. Stop making excuses and pulling unconfirmed information out of your ***.

Even those that don't care about killing Redcoats and those that believe the final game will deliver a game that features Templars on both sides as well as a story that shows the Revolution from a neutral perspective admit that the marketing is pro-American. Heck, Alex Hutchinson himself admitted that the marketing the pro-American.Ubisoft confirmed that awhile ago. There aren't many Templars on the blue side.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
The marketing is Pro-American because it views the war from an American viewpoint, rather enthusiastically, and urges us to do the same, which is to empathize with the Americans. If the trailer had shown Connor marching into a British camp plastered Union Jacks with Rule Britannia or God Save the Queen playing, high-fiving his Daddy before they go off for a full English breakfast together, whilst we are bombarded with phrases such as, 'Crush the Revolutionaries!" and "This October, fight to maintain your hold on the largest emerging superpower of the world!" that would be Pro-British.

Connor is neutral. This has been confirmed already. From one of the trailers where he goes to kill a British Officer he kills him but the Americans still lose the battle. Connor kills the bad guys. That's it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
...Are you kidding me? Ubisoft just lost all credibility from me too be honest. Fake advertising too the max. I should have known really, any game involving Americans and British would go the American way because they are afraid they will lose they're money, might aswell call it American Creed. And actually no. More Crusaders were shown at targets, but in gameplay, Crusader and Muslim guards were killed.

POP1Fan
07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Connor is neutral. This has been confirmed already. From one of the trailers where he goes to kill a British Officer he kills him but the Americans still lose the battle. Connor kills the bad guys. That's it.

I really trust the devs when they say that the game will not be biased, but the fact that the marketing is pro-American is undeniable.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
...Are you kidding me? Ubisoft just lost all credibility from me too be honest. Fake advertising too the max. I should have known really, any game involving Americans and British would go the American way because they are afraid they will lose they're money, might aswell call it American Creed. And actually no. More Crusaders were shown at targets, but in gameplay, Crusader and Muslim guards were killed.

Wow. I'm really sick of new members.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
And no, the Americans did not lose, Silus was the one leading against the camp, so when he killed Silus, he basically made them leaderless.

BBALive
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Ubisoft confirmed that awhile ago. There aren't many Templars on the blue side.

[citation needed]

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the marketing is pro-American.

I'm not saying the game will be pro-American, because I believe that it won't be. I believe you will kill people on both sides and all the story will be neutral, but the marketing is most-definitely pro-American.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Did you read my post? I said:

Originally Posted by Felix-Vivo

I know Connor is neutral. The marketing isn't. And at this point it's a little annoying.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
''Not many Templars are blue coats'' let me translate that: Maybe 3 Templars are blue coats, for the rest of the 10-12 sequences, kill British. I am losing hope on a quick rate.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
''Not many Templars are blue coats'' let me translate that: Maybe 3 Templars are blue coats, for the rest of the 10-12 sequences, kill British. I am losing hope on a quick rate.

Yeah there are American and British Templars. Same with Saracens and Muslims, Italians and French etc. Let it go.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah there are American and British Templars. Same with Saracens and Muslims, Italians and French etc. Let it go.

But we have only seen proof of the latter. Why?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
You said ''few American templars'' basically they are trying too be as pro-american as possible. Only way too save it is by having George as a templar. which wont happen.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 07:53 PM
But we have only seen proof of the latter. Why?Because the American Templars would probably be generals and therefore that would spoil missions.

You said ''few American templars'' basically they are trying too be as pro-american as possible. Only way too save it is by having George as a templar. which wont happen.
Once again if they showed Connor killing Bluecoats that would spoil missions.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
...Show him killing Bluecoat guards. And that means the game will mostly have you kill British, which means that is pretty pro-american if you ask me. AC1 had 5 muslim targets and 4 Crusaders, very close ratio, 5-5 if you count Al Mualim.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Because the American Templars would probably be generals and therefore that would spoil missions.

Once again if they showed Connor killing Bluecoats that would spoil missions.

Shouldn't that apply to most people you kill?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Yep. Pretty sure Silus was not any random solider that just happened too be on top protected by guards.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Shouldn't that apply to most people you kill?

Yeah but all the trailers IIRC take place at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

So far we have seen one guy getting axed. Silus. I think the Bluecoats who are Templars will be great ally's at first and then turn on us.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
....But how does that change the fact that you are killing Generals anyways? only reason not too show a Bluecoat being killed maybe because they are VERY few.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
....But how does that change the fact that you are killing Generals anyways? only reason not too show a Bluecoat being killed maybe because they are VERY few.

Yeah. And few British generals too. All sequence ending assassinations.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
That means if most are British, and they are showing British Assassination, it means like...3-4 maybe are Blue Coats? Consideirng the may be the same sequence number or more than AC II, heavy bias.

Lonesoldier2012
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
That means if most are British, and they are showing British Assassination, it means like...3-4 maybe are Blue Coats? Consideirng the may be the same sequence number or more than AC II, heavy bias.

At least it won't be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hyqYk-Llgs

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
That thing is overboard in any sort of standards. No matter what game. But this game may get somewhat close too that.

BBALive
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM

They've already explained why.

Just read this: http://kotaku.com/5918810/can-americans-not-handle-the-sight-of-their-ancestors-being-killed-in-assassins-creed

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 12:02 AM
That is the most ******ed, stupid, I cant even
Wha-
Somebody give me a URL for this.
Ubisoft, you're marketing should re-sign. Saying it.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 01:48 AM
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20120703/predicting-assassins-creed-3-secrets/
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/359276/20120703/assassin-s-creed-3-trailer-release-date.htm
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/02/assassins-creed-iii-you-can-expect-big-secrets
These article talk about what gameplay secrets might be revealed on July 4th and more secrets in the future. Animal taming and a third playable character (meaning not just desmond and Connor but someone else as well)?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 01:50 AM
No. Those are SPECULATION. Animal taming..how will that work? third playable character? would make NO SENSE.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 01:57 AM
No. Those are SPECULATION. Animal taming..how will that work? third playable character? would make NO SENSE.

Personally those features doesn't sound appealing to me I expected something else but it worth some discussion. The devs said that there will 2-3 really big systems in the game that they won't reveal until the game release. So hopefully it's something really good.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Yeah. 2-3 big systems....better me something impressive. And please, NOBODY LEAK THEM.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Yeah. 2-3 big systems....better me something impressive. And please, NOBODY LEAK THEM.
It's fishing, triple hidden blades and machine guns in the animus!

Jk. Hopefully one of those systems is Desmond gameplay in modern day with weapons.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 02:06 AM

Yeah same here, I hope it won't get leaked before the game release. I want some surprises while playing the game. But knowing people on the internet as soon as they heard about it they will post it online.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Yeah. Most people leak everything and read everything, then complain there was no surprises.
You leaked it you're own self -___-
And please, if anybody EVERY leaks them, atleast have the decency not too write them in the title.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I really find this trailer disappointing. I'm not really complaining about the graphics but they seem somewhat bad compared the ACR trailer. And this trailer was kind of boring IMO. The music didn't really fit the Assassins Creed theme and neither did the trailer.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:50 AM
The music is like...the worst version out there.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:54 AM
The music is like...the worst version out there.

I really felt like this trailer was a 4th of July Tribute rather than an Assassins Creed trailer. I have nothing wrong with Ubisoft making a tribute to America's freedom but don't make it a trailer when you don't even show Connor in it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:56 AM
All I saw of him was him spinning the Tomahawk.
Just call it ''Tribute too 4th of July'' instead of ''Assassin's Creed III- Fourth of July''

sasukeuchiha50
07-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Ok it's July 4 where is it

Locopells
07-04-2012, 12:09 PM

OK, if I wasn't clear on this, then sorry. It needs to be neutral - because that's what the game is going to be.

You want to argue that the birth of the United States of America was just as important a historical event to the British as to the Americans? Because if you do you had better come with some good arguments.

Indirectly, yes. Not so much the war and loss of the colonies themselves, but the losses and gains we made closer to home, when other countries either jumped into the war or tried to attack us when we were distracted. I'd say the threat of invasion from the French was a fairly major event...

I'm not aware I ever actually complained about the music at all. The Amazing Grace was ridiculous patriotic but, as I've said elsewhere, that goes with what I was expecting for a 4th July trailer. I'm talking about the marketing in general, not this one trailer.

There is no other side, even if you'd like to argue otherwise. The Americans won and became an independent nation. That's it.

I'm talking about the fact, that not everyone got Freedom and Independence after the war and that, like the article said, it took many years before the US began to deliver to everyone what was supposed to be the whole point of independence.

The "glorification" of the American side is there because this was their defining moment in history. For the British it was just a war they lost. It is not defining for them, it is nothing they're particularly proud or ashamed of and it's not something that made or unmade their nation, contrary to what it was like to the Americans. This americanist "theme" is not to show that the Americans were the "good guys", it's because this was their moment in history. It was a war about them. The British were just there to stop them, the Americans were creating their own nation. The trailers are simply reflecting that.

The war might be about them, sure (and if you think we're proud of some of the things that were done in our name, then I don't know what to tell you...), but the game is not. Therefore the trailers for the game should reflect the fact that the war is only a backdrop. Plus, I've already mentioned that it was more than just one war to us.

I just explained that. It shows it because you see Connor in a battle trying to assassinate a British general, and yet the British still win. That right there should be enough. If Connor had actually been picking sides he'd have made sure the Americans won the battle. It really shouldn't have been hard if he could take out their general.

First off, let me say that I know Connor isn't trying to win that battle. However, just because he failed, doesn't mean it can't be suggested that he was trying.

Who's saying everything else is going to be forgotten? These are trailers. They're there to excite and inspire people, not give them a history lesson. Are you expecting them to narrate the diaries of British and American generals or something? Or were you hoping for a special reading from your favourite history professor? It's a game. It's about the American revolution. It's their moment in history and in trailers such as this, they're the ones who should be "congratulated", if you will. It's similar (though obviously not identical) to how a recap of the finals of the European Football Championship will (mostly) show the Spanish celebrating, not the Italians being all depressed.

That's the point - while it isn't in the game, we getting no sense of that yet. There's no need to be sarcastic. Football doesn't have a third team running round inside the other two, that they're telling the story of, so of course highlights will focus on the winning side. With this game it is the Assassins that are the focus of the story, so having the marketing focusing on the US side is false, like I've said.

Glad you appreciate that, hope I've made things clearer. There's a major difference between wanting neutral advertising in a neutral game, and being Anti-US. As it happens, I quite like the US, have been more than once, and have regular contacts there. I might not approve of all that has gone on in the past and the present, but that applies to my own country as well.

I'd already asked exactly where I was asking for nationalistic music. And if I haven't answered your second question by now...

Kurtzimmer
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
this trailer focus on the victims of this war. Young soldiers, mothers, slaves.
But. But...
Sorry but I don't see any poor brit tea seller say "they ****ed all my sweated wealth in the see in Boston" or Washington hiss "I've ****ed all the world economic system and create the american masonic lodge"
anyway...I'm only a modest italian gamer... XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Second quote is George? LOL.

Kurtzimmer
07-04-2012, 03:51 PM
nope! a Guy called DC, What a name for a guy, DC. Batmaaaaaan....uberLOL.
XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:52 PM
By the way, George Washington and the founding fathers smoked Marijuana. *I think that's how you spell it o_o*
...Just saying.

De Filosoof
07-04-2012, 03:58 PM
By the way, George Washington and the founding fathers smoked Marijuana. *I think that's how you spell it o_o*
...Just saying.

What has America become...

Kurtzimmer
07-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't think that side of George will be in the game. But it should be cool.

"Mr Washington, I've killed the target. Like you've said. Mister.... Mister Washington..."
"REGGAAEEEEEE"

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Show the slaves as well. And how big of a pimp Benjamin was.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
OK, if I wasn't clear on this, then sorry. It needs to be neutral - because that's what the game is going to be.

Indirectly, yes. Not so much the war and loss of the colonies themselves, but the losses and gains we made closer to home, when other countries either jumped into the war or tried to attack us when we were distracted. I'd say the threat of invasion from the French was a fairly major event...

I'm not aware I ever actually complained about the music at all. The Amazing Grace was ridiculous patriotic but, as I've said elsewhere, that goes with what I was expecting for a 4th July trailer. I'm talking about the marketing in general, not this one trailer.

I'm talking about the fact, that not everyone got Freedom and Independence after the war and that, like the article said, it took many years before the US began to deliver to everyone what was supposed to be the whole point of independence.

The war might be about them, sure (and if you think we're proud of some of the things that were done in our name, then I don't know what to tell you...), but the game is not. Therefore the trailers for the game should reflect the fact that the war is only a backdrop. Plus, I've already mentioned that it was more than just one war to us.

First off, let me say that I know Connor isn't trying to win that battle. However, just because he failed, doesn't mean it can't be suggested that he was trying.

That's the point - while it isn't in the game, we getting no sense of that yet. There's no need to be sarcastic. Football doesn't have a third team running round inside the other two, that they're telling the story of, so of course highlights will focus on the winning side. With this game it is the Assassins that are the focus of the story, so having the marketing focusing on the US side is false, like I've said.

Glad you appreciate that, hope I've made things clearer. There's a major difference between wanting neutral advertising in a neutral game, and being Anti-US. As it happens, I quite like the US, have been more than once, and have regular contacts there. I might not approve of all that has gone on in the past and the present, but that applies to my own country as well.

I'd already asked exactly where I was asking for nationalistic music. And if I haven't answered your second question by now...
I have to disagree. To make my point I'm going to quote myself from another thread:

They aren't showing what the Assassins are all about, because that's not what's new about this game. If you make a new product, you're going to advertise it for what's new about it, not the stuff about it that its predecessors already had. What's new about this game is the setting and so that's what they're advertising.

That's a moot point. Everything can be considered indirectly equally significant. I could use the same argument that the fact that some caveman sneezed a few hundred thousand years before was significant to the war. It's about direct significance, else we could include just about anything. One could even argue they should show Dutch in the trailers because they played quite a major supportive role in the war, not to mention it had disastrous consequences for them.
It's just more significant to the Americans. The conclusion of the war lead directly to the independence of the United States of America. It's considered one of the most important events in US history. Hell, they even have a day, this day, celebrating it.
Finally, this setting is in the end more American than British. Not that there was a significant cultural difference (there may have been, I don't know), but this setting is about America's fight for independence. That alone makes it an American setting, not a British one.

And I'm not saying you did and I'm not talking about the music in just this trailer. Again, it's an example.

What are you talking about? It's about independence for the US themselves, not its people. I think you're confusing the terms "freedom" and "independence".

I refer back to my quote.

Failed? Seriously? Have you been paying any attention at all? He clearly killed the general and he outright said he didn't care about the war the Americans were fighting. He went in, killed the Templar and left. That's it. He didn't fail anything. He never tried to win the battle for the Americans.

Once again I refer back to my quote.

Again I'm referring back to my quote.

And I'm not asking for music, I'm asking for things in general. Isn't that obvious? Aren't you now just feigning ignorance to avoid having to answer my question? What would you like to see added to and/or removed from the trailers as they are now?

I'm going to explain it one more time:
They're advertising a new sequel. When advertising a new product, the focus is always on what's new about it. Answering the question of how it is different from it's predecessor. In the case of ACIII that is primarily the setting and that setting is the American revolution. Now one cannot show the entirety of the American revolution in one trailer, nor would they want to. So instead they choose one part of the revolution to reflect the sensation of the setting and that setting is American. It simply isn't British. Nobody with a little sanity is going to argue that the American Revolution was as historical an event to the British as it was to the United States of America. It was fought on American soil, for American independence and resulted in an American victory. As such, it's promoted as an American setting. The British played a major part (one as major as the Americans did obviously) in the war, but it wasn't a war about them, just one they were very much involved with. It may have been a war between the Americans and the British, but it was a war about America, not Britain.

shanethebouncer
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
...Just saying.

Haha I don't know about that but I do know that Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp on their plantations.

Locopells
07-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I have to disagree. To make my point I'm going to quote myself from another thread:

Fair enough, though if they're after new players to join the series, they ought to give some background - after all, for them, everything is new.

That's a moot point. Everything can be considered indirectly equally significant. I could use the same argument that the fact that some caveman sneezed a few hundred thousand years before was significant to the war. It's about direct significance, else we could include just about anything. One could even argue they should show Dutch in the trailers because they played quite a major supportive role in the war, not to mention it had disastrous consequences for them.
It's just more significant to the Americans. The conclusion of the war lead directly to the independence of the United States of America. It's considered one of the most important events in US history. Hell, they even have a day, this day, celebrating it.
Finally, this setting is in the end more American than British. Not that there was a significant cultural difference (there may have been, I don't know), but this setting is about America's fight for independence. That alone makes it an American setting, not a British one.

I wasn't intending to argue about 'who's setting it is', should have thought that was obvious. Simply that while it is of most significance to the Americans, it wasn't of insignificance to us.

And I'm not saying you did and I'm not talking about the music in just this trailer. Again, it's an example.

OK, fair enough.

What are you talking about? It's about independence for the US themselves, not its people. I think you're confusing the terms "freedom" and "independence".

You're saying the US is not it's people? The whole justification for independence was supposed to be both.

I refer back to my quote.

Ditto.

Failed? Seriously? Have you been paying any attention at all? He clearly killed the general and he outright said he didn't care about the war the Americans were fighting. He went in, killed the Templar and left. That's it. He didn't fail anything. He never tried to win the battle for the Americans.

We're talking about the Bunker Hill demo, right? As I said, I know Connor didn't fail, but if misled people perceive him to be trying to win the battle for the Bluecoats, from that perspective he might be though to have failed.

Once again I refer back to my quote.

Ditto.

Again I'm referring back to my quote.

Ditto.

And I'm not asking for music, I'm asking for things in general. Isn't that obvious? Aren't you now just feigning ignorance to avoid having to answer my question? What would you like to see added to and/or removed from the trailers as they are now?

OK, to spell it out, some form of story trailer that is purely about Connor, the Assassins and how that all fits into the backdrop.

I'm going to explain it one more time:
They're advertising a new sequel. When advertising a new product, the focus is always on what's new about it. Answering the question of how it is different from it's predecessor. In the case of ACIII that is primarily the setting and that setting is the American revolution. Now one cannot show the entirety of the American revolution in one trailer, nor would they want to. So instead they choose one part of the revolution to reflect the sensation of the setting and that setting is American. It simply isn't British. Nobody with a little sanity is going to argue that the American Revolution was as historical an event to the British as it was to the United States of America. It was fought on American soil, for American independence and resulted in an American victory. As such, it's promoted as an American setting. The British played a major part (one as major as the Americans did obviously) in the war, but it wasn't a war about them, just one they were very much involved with. It may have been a war between the Americans and the British, but it was a war about America, not Britain.

Fair enough about the setting (as I said earlier), but the setting is only part of the game. The game main focus is neither America or Britain but, Connor and the Assassins. The war is a background, but seems to have taken over as the main marketing ploy. Connor is also new to the series, but we haven't learnt that much about him through the trailers. And as I also said earlier in this post, they need some background of old stuff for the new players they keep on about wanting to attract.

Haha I don't know about that but I do know that Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp on their plantations.

Well hemp can be used for rope as well. Whether they smoked it, I really can't say.

shanethebouncer
07-04-2012, 07:49 PM
You can't smoke hemp (not that I've tried or anything) because like you said it's used for rope and clothes and such. And regarding hasoons slave comment, Britain and almost every other super power owned slaves at the time too. I'm aware it's contradictory to the declaration but it was a ubiquitously accepted thing at the time. Ben Franklin was one of the most renown scientist and writer among other thing and the fact that he enjoyed multiple woman doesn't bother me.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
OK, to spell it out, some form of story trailer that is purely about Connor, the Assassins and how that all fits into the backdrop.

Fair enough about the setting (as I said earlier), but the setting is only part of the game. The game main focus is neither America or Britain but, Connor and the Assassins. The war is a background, but seems to have taken over as the main marketing ploy. Connor is also new to the series, but we haven't learnt that much about him through the trailers. And as I also said earlier in this post, they need some background of old stuff for the new players they keep on about wanting to attract.

Well then to bring it down to these 2 things I'd say the answer is pretty simple. They don't want to show off Connor (yet).
It makes sense. They never do. We knew almost nothing about Alta´r and Ezio before their respective debuts and with good reason. They want us to get to know them through playing them. And yes, it is a game about the Assassins, but so were the last 4 games, so that's not a new aspect and so it will not be advertised.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Some americans I know get all defensive when I mention he was a pimp. Dont know why.
But I did some re-search, it seems they did do Marijuana.
Also, what about they're treatment too the natives?
And still, the slaves, even if is everywhere, still brings up a valid point.
So yeah. I am not anti-American, everybody just too know, but I find it stupid how they are displayed as angels.

shanethebouncer
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Honestly your attempts to single out America's shortcomings of the time are just sad at this point. "They did do marijuana." This doesn't even deserve a response. American's did treat Natives unfairly but so did the Spanish conquistadors, French, and let us not forget Britain's numerous third world natives who were mistreated. Once again if you use the slave argument against the Americans then you have to hold that over every person at the time who owned which would have been a substantial portion of the upper middle class and the rich. And Ben Franklin was most certainly not a pimp. He was a flirt and had sex with a lot of woman but don't most men who ever lived fit that description.

Locopells
07-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Well then to bring it down to these 2 things I'd say the answer is pretty simple. They don't want to show off Connor (yet).
It makes sense. They never do. We knew almost nothing about Alta´r and Ezio before their respective debuts and with good reason. They want us to get to know them through playing them. And yes, it is a game about the Assassins, but so were the last 4 games, so that's not a new aspect and so it will not be advertised.

I still think it could have been done better, but I take your point.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Honestly your attempts to single out America's shortcomings of the time are just sad at this point. "They did do marijuana." This doesn't even deserve a response. American's did treat Natives unfairly but so did the Spanish conquistadors, French, and let us not forget Britain's numerous third world natives who were mistreated. Once again if you use the slave argument against the Americans then you have to hold that over every person at the time who owned which would have been a substantial portion of the upper middle class and the rich. And Ben Franklin was most certainly not a pimp. He was a flirt and had sex with a lot of woman but don't most men who ever lived fit that description.
The British did bad things aswell. But so did the Colonies, they used extremely brutal torture methods at times, and even at times the subjects were completely innocent, and oh, atleast those other countries did not basically kick the natives out of they're land.
And lets not forget ''general'' terrible deeds and activities from the colonies, somewhat like the actions the British undertook at times. And about Benjamin, he was more than the average person.

The smoking is a point aswell. When is smoking marijuana something that is ''ok'' really.

shanethebouncer
07-04-2012, 08:24 PM
The British did bad things aswell. But so did the Colonies, they used extremely brutal torture methods at times, and even at times the subjects were completely innocent, and oh, atleast those other countries did not basically kick the natives out of they're land.
And lets not forget ''general'' terrible deeds and activities from the colonies, somewhat like the actions the British undertook at times. And about Benjamin, he was more than the average person.

The smoking is a point aswell. When is smoking marijuana something that is ''ok'' really.

Well smoking marijuana is another discussion entirely, but even the founding fathers did I think it only enhanced their intelligence. The colonies surely had prisoner just like the British however I doubt they used any other methods that differed from the British. If you read what the British did to the civilians and prisoners during their the time they occupied Philadelphia I doubt you'd being saying that. lol No, they didn't kick the natives out they just milked them for cheap labor and goods. Lets call this what it really is you have some deep seeded hatred for America for whatever reason and your taking it out on a fictional video game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
...Why would I hate Americans? I have alot of relatives that live in America, I go there every couple of years, and not everybody is like that. My problem is Ubisoft thinks the american audience are a bunch of patriotic idiots that cant stand seeing Bluecoats killed. No need too be historically un-accurate, pretty sure most AC players can understand the context, or alot of people actually.
I may have used the wrong wording, and I apologize, but the above is what I meant.

shanethebouncer
07-04-2012, 08:32 PM
In the ignite the revolution trailer you could see Bluecoats getting blown up and shot just like the Redcoat's and Connor said in the E3 demo "Let the patriots fight their own battles I'm here for the TEMPLAR". With that being said I can't see why this is even still a discussion. I could just tell by watching the Rise trailer that people would take it the wrong way but if you listen to what their saying it mirrors assassin ideologies.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:33 PM
...How does it mirror the Assassin ideology's? Assassin's believe in freedom and place where EVERYBODY IS EQUAL. Back, then that wasn't really the case,

shanethebouncer
07-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Well there's truth in that but the American Revolution was fought to procure a nation that didn't have to answer to a tyrannical power and it was only later in history that men gained their promised equality which is a shame. But as I stated before there few countries (much less super powers) that had true equality.

coxiewoo123
07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about who Connor kills, but is incredibly annoyed that Mr Shade spelled 'independence' wrong in the thread title?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Anybody rememmber how we discovered the name Kenway?
Reflecting back at that, darn, that must have been stupid.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
...How does it mirror the Assassin ideology's? Assassin's believe in freedom and place where EVERYBODY IS EQUAL. Back, then that wasn't really the case,
The Assassins don't strive for equality per se (though I'd say it's probably high up on their list and arguably essential to their ideology). They're really more focused on freedom, most importantly free will. Other than that their main goal appears to be peace in all things.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
In AC1 and AC:R, it was talked about that they're goal is a a world of peace, freedom and equality.

LightRey
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
In AC1 and AC:R, it was talked about that they're goal is a a world of peace, freedom and equality.
Quotes please, because I don't remember them specifically mentioning having any goals other than free will and peace.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 11:32 PM
In the conversation between Ahmet, Ezio and Suleiman, also one of the conversations between Altair and Al Mualim.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:00 AM
In the conversation between Ahmet, Ezio and Suleiman, also one of the conversations between Altair and Al Mualim.
That's not a quote, that's a reference. I want a quote.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I dont remember it exactly, but here
''We both strive for the same thing, only our methods differ. A world where all mean live equally''
''Liberty may be messy, but it is priceless''
Then Suleiman comes in and talks about laws.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:12 AM
''We both strive for the same thing, only our methods differ. A world where all mean live equally''
Your first quote is completely off. Ahmet only mentions peace and stability and Ezio doesn't bring up anything else than liberty, which would be your second quote.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Bleh, I was wrong. Sorry about that.
But I am sure they address it in AC1, will be looking for that exact conversation...

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Bleh, I was wrong. Sorry about that.
But I am sure they address it in AC1, will be looking for that exact conversation...
Suleiman mentions it in his following speech, referring to the world as a tapestry of many colors and patterns (essentially a metaphor for people being different). He's not an assassin however.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I was searching around everywhere, including the AC wiki, and found this: Whereas the Templars strove for the power to save humanity from itself by controlling free will, the Assassin Order fought to ensure the survival of free will, as it allowed for the progression of new ideas and the growth of individuality.

''New ideas'' ''Growth of individuality'' by growth of individuality, combine that with the theme of freedom, means equality. May be wrong tho.

redwing269
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM

You're thinking of AC1 just before Altair goes after Robert de Sable. Al Mualim says that they both want all men to be united. He only takes issue with the Templars' methods.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Thank you, my friend, you saved me the time of going through all of the Altair conversations :D

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:48 AM
I was searching around everywhere, including the AC wiki, and found this: Whereas the Templars strove for the power to save humanity from itself by controlling free will, the Assassin Order fought to ensure the survival of free will, as it allowed for the progression of new ideas and the growth of individuality.

''New ideas'' ''Growth of individuality'' by growth of individuality, combine that with the theme of freedom, means equality. May be wrong tho.
I'm not really one to trust the wiki on everything though, not to mention that this sounds suspiciously much like the writer's interpretation. Again I'd say it's probably high up on their list, but it's not a primary goal of the Assassins.

You're thinking of AC1 just before Altair goes after Robert de Sable. Al Mualim says that they both want all men to be united. He only takes issue with the Templars' methods.
United is again not equally though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:49 AM
For everybody too be united, they need too be equal.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 12:55 AM
I would disagree. Just look at the military. They have a strict hierarchy, yet they are very much united.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 12:57 AM
But they are all equal. Black or white, they are all treated if they get injured, all mourned over if they die, all celebrate victories with each other, etc...
I am not the military tho, so yeah.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 01:00 AM
But they are all equal. Black or white, they are all treated if they get injured, all mourned over if they die, all celebrate victories with each other, etc...
I am not the military tho, so yeah.
Nowadays in western countries maybe, but that hasn't always been the case in the past. People can unite under a common gual, even if they're not equal.

shanethebouncer
07-05-2012, 01:01 AM
How is it that you have nearly 700 hundred posts seeing as how this is the fourth day you've been a member.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Think of it like this, you're goal is too make a equilateral triangle, you make 2 sides equal, but one side is a bit shorter, it does not work.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Think of it like this, you're goal is too make a equilateral triangle, you make 2 sides equal, but one side is a bit shorter, it does not work.
I don't see how that's a good metaphor.

shanethebouncer
07-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Sorry I didn't get it although I do have notoriously bad comprehension of geometry metaphors it's one my many faults.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Well yeah, but here is something better
You see, the goal is too sail a ship from this island too that island, the people wearing red are being treated MUCH MUCH better, while the people in blue, who are moving the ship, are treated like complete and utter crap. The blues just give up because of the treatment and the whole thing falls apart.

shanethebouncer
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Why don't you skip the drivel and just say what you mean because this is getting you no where.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:12 AM

That's me, I said that, then LightRey said he dis-agrees, so I was using metaphors.

shanethebouncer
07-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Okay, so what I gather is that this is related to your bias rant. You just need to come to grips with the fact that connor is going to be more friendly with the Americans than the British because of the given situation. The reason the trailers seem biased is because ubisoft is appealing to a big market ( America)remember they are a business. This doesn't mean leaving behind all their other fans they will be receiving the same video game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:19 AM
What the hell does the bias have too do with this? this has too do with Assassin ideology.

shanethebouncer
07-05-2012, 01:22 AM
You already had the conversation with LightRey but a majority of your posts have been centered around the "Pro American" bias which is what I took from the unity and equal quote.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 01:23 AM
That's me, I said that, then LightRey said he dis-agrees, so I was using metaphors.
You're using flawed argument there though. You're arguing that lack of equality could cause people to stop being united, but you have no proof to show that there can be no unity without equality. My analogy with the military is a sound one I'd say.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Yes, lack of equality could stop people of being united, why continue this when others are constantly treated better? it may not COMPLETELY ruin unity everywhere, but equality makes it stronger.
And red and blue were the only things I could think off xP

LightRey
07-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Yes, lack of equality could stop people of being united, why continue this when others are constantly treated better? it may not COMPLETELY ruin unity everywhere, but equality makes it stronger.
And red and blue were the only things I could think off xP
Well that's great and all, but that wasn't really the point of the discussion. If they say unity, they don't necessarily mean equality as well.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:31 AM
But in the Assassin ideology it seems too.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 01:35 AM
But in the Assassin ideology it seems too.
It would fit right in, yes, and again I would expect it to be high up on their list, but they haven't mentioned it as a primary goal.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Bleh, since this has 2 strong arguments, I guess it is just up too debate and interpretation.

shanethebouncer
07-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Bleh, since this has 2 strong arguments, I guess it is just up too debate and interpretation.

So confident, even in retreat.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
We can go on and on about this and the Assassin ideology, but since both are strong arguments, let leave it too interpretation, no?

Locopells
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
How is it that you have nearly 700 hundred posts seeing as how this is the fourth day you've been a member.

Arguments like the above, I suspect. He only had 450-odd this time yesterday...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Nothing too do + Terrible weather = POSTPOSTPOSTPOST.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Stuff to do+too lazy to do it=reluctantly posting

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
You're using flawed argument there though. You're arguing that lack of equality could cause people to stop being united, but you have no proof to show that there can be no unity without equality. My analogy with the military is a sound one I'd say.

Yeah they're very united...

Dude seriously, the most important reason why people have prejudices against other cultures and countries is because of war and the military.

http://leosigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/marines-peeiing.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsrMzfhdmkU

Korea also looks pretty **** united but inside they aren't.

They are pretty much forced to be "united" isn't it?...

FAKE unity, it will collapse someday.

http://umomaxima.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/we_are_the_world.25174917_std.jpg

This is real unity.
The only thing people need to have to get real unity is respect for the planet we live on and everything on it.

FrankieSatt
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
^^^^^^

Linking to that Idiot Al Franken pretty much invalidates everything in your post.

I'm seriously getting annoyed at all the American Bashing in this topic and on the forums in general. I have already reported many people and have asked for this topic as well as the others that are pretty much American Bashing to be closed and I'll keep up my efforts.

THIS IS A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE. If you want to talk Politics, Religion and other countries go somewhere else. This forum isn't the place for it. This forum is for the Video Game ACIII, keep the discussion there please.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Video Games are trying too stop being just video games.
Video games are work of art, just like if something like this is made in a movie and people start complaining, then if it in a game, why not?

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
^^^^^^

Linking to that Idiot Al Franken pretty much invalidates everything in your post.

I'm seriously getting annoyed at all the American Bashing in this topic and on the forums in general. I have already reported many people and have asked for this topic as well as the others that are pretty much American Bashing to be closed and I'll keep up my efforts.

THIS IS A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE. If you want to talk Politics, Religion and other countries go somewhere else. This forum isn't the place for it. This forum is for the Video Game ACIII, keep the discussion there please.

Haha.
All these subjects are in assassin's creed :p.
So because i'm against the militairy i'm against America?
I have nothing against American people :).

And no, Al Franken doesn't invalidate everything in my post. How is that even possible, facts are facts.

Have a nice day!
I sincerely hope you will open your eyes someday.
Peace.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 10:08 PM
The phrase Support the Troops is something I have a strong opinion on, but let's not go there.

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
The phrase Support the Troops is something I have a strong opinion on, but let's not go there.

Good idea, some Americans on these forums are a little touchy about this subject as you've noticed.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 11:22 PM
My attitude on America... hahahaha. A guy I met last year told me he'd rather not talk to me ever again because I wouldn't stand for the pledge of allegiance.

De Filosoof
07-06-2012, 12:01 AM
My attitude on America... hahahaha. A guy I met last year told me he'd rather not talk to me ever again because I wouldn't stand for the pledge of allegiance.

That's pretty sad, but those people are everywhere so...
I know a lot of Americans who are really open-minded.

shanethebouncer
07-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Never underestimate the overwhelmingly abrasively patriotic zeal of a lot of Americans but there are some who think before they speak.

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
right..

Things are starting to get VERY heated again

1, lets drop any political talk in here - these forums are not a platform for ANY political talk or propaganda.

2, insulting any country - either by direct insults or sly comments - will get you infractions.

3, abuse aimed at members for having opinions will also get you an infraction.

I have tried to allow you guys to debate the trailers and the perceived story outlines they may show - however the constant posting of both abuse aimed at members and countries is going to put an end to that.

I know it's hard to separate the policital elements from these trailers - or the bias some may feel - however if you can't I am going to have to lock the threads down....

I don't want to have to do that, since I am a strong believer in opinions and discussions - however if people can't agree to disagree without resorting to insults - I have two choices.

Ban people

Lock threads.

Over to you guys...

shop4A94F5A2D
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
and, adding something to the tread of Mr Shade: the game it's almost complete. I'don't think that Ubilol will change something because the fanforum dislike the artistic choose of the team.

Anyway my opinion it's clear: too pander to american audience. For Ezio there was no trailer on the greatness of italian colture in the '400/'500

Assassin_M
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
and, adding something to the tread of Mr Shade: the game it's almost complete. I'don't think that Ubilol will change something because the fanforum dislike the artistic choose of the team.

Anyway my opinion it's clear: too pander to american audience. For Ezio there was no trailer on the greatness of italian colture in the '400/'500
Hello..

You are wrong on the 3 subjects. the first being that not all the marketing was pandering to American audience, also that no such trailer glorified any American culture or custom.

And second, there was indeed trailers that showed the greatness of Italy during the Renaissance, there were trailers that presented complete admiration for the culture and art of Italy and Italian Minds at that time, also there were trailers that dictated the marvel of Constantinople and its history..

and third, this is the official Forum not a fan one..

Welcome to the forums..

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Ubilol I think you mistyped UbiSOFT

Welcome to the forums ;)

LightRey
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I think you mistyped UbiSOFT

Welcome to the forums ;)
Don't be too Ubihard on him Shade. He's new. ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
...I think by Ubilol he means that he is pissed off....xD

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
...I think by Ubilol he means that he is pissed off....xDI got that..

My post was a gentle hint not to use the company name in such a way - same as M$ etc

it's a meme type troll used by some - and we discourage it ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
But M$ is truly M$ :P

Aphex_Tim
07-07-2012, 11:51 PM
But M$ is truly M$ :P

Why would a company make stuff for free? That wouldn't make sense.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Actually, MS isn't as bad as Capcom. Or EA.

dbuddy101
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Great trailer. But now were igniting the revolution too? So Conner is on the side of the patriots then fighting the Brits through this game. At least we know now. No, he is not on any side. The trailer was just to honor those who died in the revolution fighting for their freedom. Even if you side with the British, it is still a praise-worthy action. Dying for what you think is right. Connor takes no sides in the Revolution, and only worries himself with justice and templars.

dbuddy101
07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm just gonna say this: for everything the actual developers of this game are doing and saying to present a fair portrait of the war, the marketing department is doing absolutely everything to make it look like black & white pro-US version of the history instead. I was waiting for Mel Gibson to appear at the end of this trailer. Finally, another person I have met that understands!

dbuddy101
07-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Whats the problem? I know its not a American v Brit thing. They said so at E3 but in everything we have been shown the brits or at least their leaders are the templers. So of course Conner will side/help the Patriots. Explaining why this is not true in the slightest is simple. What is being shown by trailers and other things are decided by marketing. The Marketing department is showing Connor killing British, in an effort to not offend any americans, and then cause a vendetta against the game's release. Places like Fox News would roar if they saw their vision of American History be "tainted" by making the colonists on the same level of the British,which is what the game is actually doing. The trailers showing Connor kill redcoats mean nothing, because there is a motive behind only showing that. The actual developers are working hard to show that there are templars on both sides, but have no authority to show it in trailers due to the fact that marketing wants the game's release to have little controversy.

dbuddy101
07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
'Sigh'

This is for two reasons:

Goodnight. I would say that the only problem with the article is that the author is assuming that you are ONLY killing British Soldiers, where as you also kill Continental Soldiers as well.

dbuddy101
07-10-2012, 08:44 PM

The British were the bad guy's during this war in real life. If it was shown Connor killing nothing but Bluecoats it would be labeled terrorism. The Bluecoats fought for freedom from the Redcoats and this is a key point for Assassin's. The Redcoats are Templars and without freedom the Assassin's would be found and killed due to an army of Templars taking America. They haven't shown Bluecoats being killed because that would be a story spoiler. As most Bluecoats aren't Templars. The British were the bad guys? Have you learned nothing from the assassin's creed series? I am guessing, because you just undermined what it was trying to teach you. There is no bad guy in history. You cannot treat history like it is black and white and treat todays world like it is in greys. Very few times in history has there been a blatant evil side of a war, and this is definitely not one of them. The British had done something wrong, that is true. Taxation without representation is wrong, and they should have been criticized for it. The problem is that the Colonist blew it WAY out of proportion as well. They took a hesitant, British officer who was scared for his safety that fired on a crowd. What happened is innocent people died on accident because he was afraid that one would retaliate with mortal violence. This is what is today called the Boston Massacre, and was manipulated by Colonists to create a propaganda string to start a war. Once war actually started (accidentally, I might add), many of the colonists didn't want war. Even many Revolutionaries didn't want war at the time. This is when they sent the Olive Branch Petition, in order to ask the king to not send more troops. The king was furious, and blindly and arrogantly declined. The failure was on both sides. Not only were the British too proud to see past their own pride and lust for power to see the immoral actions they had in Parliament, but the Colonists used a situation that was barely investigated as bait to criticize the British at every turn, trying to antagonize them and make them seem lesser than humans, when the average soldier just wanted to make peace and go home. There is no bad guy or good guy. Taxation for representation is a wrong and immoral government practice, but does not warrant the death of people who had no power to change the government, and were just doing what they had to do. To protect their country. Like I said, history is grey and should be treated as such.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
The british were the good guys?
Sorry Lone, but I dont even-.....
There was no good guy, there was no bad guy, it was all grey. Both sides committed horrible things, freedom.....
Freedom for the white people. Not the natives or black. Freedom was different than freedom now.

Gespenst1246
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w431/Gespenst1246/th_Mwd7w.gif
- reaction to thread

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
That GIF just has so many uses....
On my hard drive.
Even tho I still think the marketing team needs too get their head straight.

LRDG DesertRat
07-14-2012, 06:01 AM
does anybody know what version of the song played in the trailer and by who?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDDlxmsciqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT88jBAoVIM
Closest I can find.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
does anybody know what version of the song played in the trailer and by who?
Superhuman - ****ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZaJmRq8Ys

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 11:18 AM
He meant the independence trailer /:

Locopells
07-15-2012, 02:38 AM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w431/Gespenst1246/th_Mwd7w.gif
- reaction to thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIgfiSzCy1o

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:21 AM
J. Jonah should get his own movie :nonchalance:
So far, this is the latest patriotic trailer, fingers crossed for the next one being neutral.

Locopells
07-15-2012, 11:09 AM
J. Jonah should get his own movie :nonchalance:

Hope he's as good in the new film.

So far, this is the latest patriotic trailer, fingers crossed for the next one being neutral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIgfiSzCy1o

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:12 AM
That was probably my lack of sleep talking, we all know next trailer will probably be worse...

Locopells
07-15-2012, 11:40 AM
The rain keeping you up?!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Just a habit of mine, I love not sleeping :p

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Should sleep a little bit...it's good for the eyes and overall health.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Sleep is for the weak :nonchalance:
But let us not drift off topic...

PermanentGenie
07-16-2012, 04:39 AM
Assassin's Creed -Rise Trailer seemed better than independence trailer.. Well, at least more dramatic.

douglaswalkers
08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
That 's marvelous, I can wait to play this game, it seems to be very fantastic. I have heard many rumors about this game and all of them have been proved true after watching this trailer. I am wondering about its gaming structure as per the trailer it should be fantasy.