PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on load.. please assist me.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 03:55 AM
Look, I just paid forty bucks for this game and it refuses to even so much as show me an intro movie. I have an ATI Radeon 9000.. which, unless my math teacher lied to me, is higher than an ATI Radeon 8500. Thought I would make that clear because a person with similar problems was answered simply with "it's probably your video card." I had the latest Catalyst drivers installed as well as DirectX9.0b, and it crashed. I read that the 3.7 version of the Catalyst drivers was completely supported so I installed those just now and again it crashes. Walmart doesn't accept software back after it has been opened, so they aren't going to give me my money back. I meet the requirements stated on the box. So I'm asking you sincerely to assist me in using your product, or to refund my hard-earned, so-far-wasted forty dollars. I'm leaving to Walmart right now with the game boxed up -- hopefully I'm wrong about their refund policy.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 03:55 AM
Look, I just paid forty bucks for this game and it refuses to even so much as show me an intro movie. I have an ATI Radeon 9000.. which, unless my math teacher lied to me, is higher than an ATI Radeon 8500. Thought I would make that clear because a person with similar problems was answered simply with "it's probably your video card." I had the latest Catalyst drivers installed as well as DirectX9.0b, and it crashed. I read that the 3.7 version of the Catalyst drivers was completely supported so I installed those just now and again it crashes. Walmart doesn't accept software back after it has been opened, so they aren't going to give me my money back. I meet the requirements stated on the box. So I'm asking you sincerely to assist me in using your product, or to refund my hard-earned, so-far-wasted forty dollars. I'm leaving to Walmart right now with the game boxed up -- hopefully I'm wrong about their refund policy.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey... Sorry to hear you are in a similar (although worse lol) situation with incompatibility probs... And, as far as the 9000 versus the 8500, the only technical differences are really the 9000 series only has one TMU, where the 8500 has two. And the 9000 Pro is clocked the same as the 8500, however the 9000 (non pro) is clocked a bit lower. Sorry I cant help further, as my card is working fine with the latest Radeon drivers (I have a Radeon 9600 Pro, overclocked to faster than a 9800 XT... And for you naysayers, hush and go buy a Giant II gpu cooler and you will see I am right http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Well, gl on the return/fix lol

nike