PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Introline for AC3

Stroonzje
07-01-2012, 10:39 AM
ok, so i was just browsing the forums and suddenly started thinking about how the intro would play out, and for some random reason i had a series of really good ideas. It's a bit sketchy but here it is;

Desmond and William have around 3 minutes of dialogue that i haven't thought out yet... but it leads into them needing to go into a secluded part of new york with minimal people and a couple shops... as they are walking through the streets (this part is all game play) this man walks past desmond staring at him then suddenly his eagle vision kicks in for about a second and sees a red cross logo of the templars and then realises there about 5 more in the area.. as they keep walking two of them are starting to walk straight to them they get around half across the road and then desmond whispers... 'run' or something so they proceed into an ally (the 2 men are still following)...

thats all i have so far. It's seems a bit cliché in text but i will work out what's wrong with it when i get further into it, i'm trying to keep it as uncliché as possible because this will be the first encounter in the real world through Desmond (not the ancestors)

Im hoping to write at least a 2 page script on what i think is going to happen. So I want to see what your opinions are so far and if you have any ideas please post them (:

P.S im going to try an implement a shoot-out i have no idea how though haha

dewgel
07-01-2012, 10:49 AM
ok, so i was just browsing the forums and suddenly started thinking about how the intro would play out, and for some random reason i had a series of really good ideas. It's a bit sketchy but here it is;

Desmond and William have around 3 minutes of dialogue that i haven't thought out yet... but it leads into them needing to go into a secluded part of new york with minimal people and a couple shops... as they are walking through the streets (this part is all game play) this man walks past desmond staring at him then suddenly his eagle vision kicks in for about a second and sees a red cross logo of the templars and then realises there about 5 more in the area.. as they keep walking two of them are starting to walk straight to them they get around half across the road and then desmond whispers... 'run' or something so they proceed into an ally (the 2 men are still following)...

thats all i have so far. It's seems a bit cliché in text but i will work out what's wrong with it when i get further into it, i'm trying to keep it as uncliché as possible because this will be the first encounter in the real world through Desmond (not the ancestors)

Im hoping to write at least a 2 page script on what i think is going to happen. So I want to see what your opinions are so far and if you have any ideas please post them (:

P.S im going to try an implement a shoot-out i have no idea how though haha

That all sounds really cool, and it's really great that you think of it all like that, but my advice to you is don't get your hopes up.

I'm not saying Ubi won't do a fantastic job on the game, but last year I done the same thing for Revelations. I hoped it start with Ezio returning back to the ruined Monterigionni immediately after locking the apple away and throwing Cesare off the bridge. Like when Desmond saw him come back at the start of Brotherhood, and he looked much older.

I also expected to see him actually find the notes he referred to for his father speaking of Masyaf etc, and Ezio beginning his journey.

ALSO; I really wanted to play out the E3 trailer in a mission. Actually fighting all those people. I hated that the intro of the game was actually the extended E3 trailer.

So yeah, just saying, try not to hope for too good an opening to the game, it can only lead to disappointment. I'm confident it'll be amazing, but if you start setting your mind to one track, you'll end up getting let down when you don't see what you hoped for.