PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Weapons selection

Jamiedwi
06-29-2012, 05:47 PM
So in Assassins creed 2 they came up their pretty ingenious radial menu for selecting weapons, but this paused the combat and in AC3 they have said that they want combat to be more fluid. This, along with not having seen this menu yet, makes me wonder how we will select different weapons.

Also, I know that they have taken out things like throwing knives, poison, bombs etc but will they replace these things or just have a few different weapons.

Sorry if something like this has already been posted but I looked and couldn't find anything

SixKeys
06-29-2012, 08:14 PM
I think weapon selection still works pretty much in the same way. The combat being more fluid has to do with Connor's quick fighting style and more aggressive enemies that will keep the fighting more fast-paced.

Poison is most likely still in the game, there was an icon in the weapon selection that could be seen in some demos that looked like poison darts. Not sure about throwing knives, they might be optional. Smoke bomb has been confirmed, I believe, but the other bombs from Revelations won't be returning.

sasukeuchiha50
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Revelations Bomb was completely disappointing.

dewgel
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I think weapon selection still works pretty much in the same way. The combat being more fluid has to do with Connor's quick fighting style and more aggressive enemies that will keep the fighting more fast-paced.

Poison is most likely still in the game, there was an icon in the weapon selection that could be seen in some demos that looked like poison darts. Not sure about throwing knives, they might be optional. Smoke bomb has been confirmed, I believe, but the other bombs from Revelations won't be returning.

I quickly caught a glimpse of it on G4TV, it's a smalller wheel, I'm not too sure if it was the main one or just the shortcut one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojYfbtsCw4

Watch that around 1:05 - 1:10

It's the same Wii U Marketplace demo, but on the PS3 and shorter. The player brings up the weapon selection for a brief moment, it doesn't pause the game and keeps it running.

Sushiglutton
06-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Wow it really looks like a snare at the bottom. That's much clearer than earlier footages I've seen, thanks for sharing.

BBALive
06-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I quickly caught a glimpse of it on G4TV, it's a smalller wheel, I'm not too sure if it was the main one or just the shortcut one though.

It's the same Wii U Marketplace demo, but on the PS3 and shorter. The player brings up the weapon selection for a brief moment, it doesn't pause the game and keeps it running.

That looks like the d-pad version. It used to be visible on the HUD but it seams to have been streamlined so that it only appears when you physically press a direction. We've already seen the weapon/tool selection radial menu. If somebody could post the image then it would be appreciated.

Jamiedwi
06-29-2012, 10:15 PM

Thanks, I guess I must have just been watching footage from the start of the game

Thanks for the source, I've watched that clip like five times and I can't believe I hadn't seen that before

That looks like the d-pad version. It used to be visible on the HUD but it seams to have been streamlined so that it only appears when you physically press a direction. We've already seen the weapon/tool selection radial menu. If somebody could post the image then it would be appreciated.

Ah thanks - can you remember where you saw the picture? would be much appreciated and then we can see what other new weapons Connor may have :)

MT4K
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Here is the thread with the image of the Weapon Wheel. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/684089-Unknown-Weapons?highlight=unknown+weapons)