PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III - Type of aim with the bow

Slayer_WTF
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Hello guys.

And 'since I released the first artwork that I make myself this question: Assassin's Creed 3 there will be manual aim with the bow or it will be automatic?
Since the E3 video is clearly seen that the target is set to "automatic", but I was wondering if the game you can choose which mode to use targeted.

Sorry for my English, but I'm not American / English. :D

Aphex_Tim
06-29-2012, 12:17 PM
It seems like there is a crosshair once he pulls out the bow, even if he's locked on so i'm thinking free aim will be included.

Sushiglutton
06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I think it has been confirmed as autolock sadly. But if I remember correctly you can hit different parts of the animal. I wanted the pistols to be autolock (since they are close combat and mostly used by quickfiring) and the bow to be a more long range stealth weapon with free aim. I think that would have made the wapons more different and more fun overall. But whatever, it's no biggie for me.

Slayer_WTF
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I think it has been confirmed as autolock sadly.

Where exactly?

Sushiglutton
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Where exactly?

Some Q&A with Alex Hutchinson. I'll see if I can find it.

Sushiglutton
06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Couldn't find it. Maybe I was wrong? I'm pretty sure I've heard that though. Weird.

JCearlyyears
06-29-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope that there is free aim with the bow. I think it would add a lot to the game. Maybe an option for free aim or auto.

Slayer_WTF
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Starting to believe that only a member of Ubisoft can answer my question. :(

rileypoole1234
06-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I bet it'll be a "body part aiming system" where it locks on to one person, but we can move the crosshair to the head, leg, arm, etc.

BATISTABUS
06-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Hutchinson mentioned that the team liked the idea of a Master Assassin always hitting his target, but seemed to suggest that you might be able to move the cross-hair once it locks. It seems to be similar to the aiming system in Red Dead, but if you have nobody to lock on, I don't think you go into free aim.

Sushiglutton
06-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Hutchinson mentioned that the team liked the idea of a Master Assassin always hitting his target, but seemed to suggest that you might be able to move the cross-hair once it locks. It seems to be similar to the aiming system in Red Dead, but if you have nobody to lock on, I don't think you go into free aim.

So my brain isn't completely useless then. U remember where he said that? I can understand the decission as it fits better with the "always in motion" philosophy of the game. It could very well be better taht way.

BBALive
06-29-2012, 09:52 PM
A combination. Think Red Dead/GTA IV style auto-aim.

http://i.imgur.com/M2phn.jpg

BATISTABUS
06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
So my brain isn't completely useless then. U remember where he said that? I can understand the decission as it fits better with the "always in motion" philosophy of the game. It could very well be better taht way.
It's either here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PP32Oxq7QI&feature=youtu.be
or here.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

They're both pretty long and I don't really feel like looking through both of them now, but it's definitely mentioned somewhere in there.