PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't this be the biggest mindblow ever?

BRANDONxPRODIGY
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
At the end of AC3, Desmond and William confront Vidic and Desmond says "It's all over, doc!". Then, Vidic says "Desmond, do it." and Desmond quickly stabs his dad William. It is then revealed that during Desmond's time at Abstergo, Vidic implanted an impulse in Desmond's mind to kill William Miles, just like he did to Daniel Cross to kill the mentor. So all this time, Desmond was secretly a sleeper-agent. Desmond then smiles at Vidic and they both walk off as we hear the Templar attack being launched in the background and the credits roll.

I'm not saying I want this to happen, but wouldn't it be the biggest mindblow ever?

notafanboy
06-28-2012, 08:10 PM
green text whaaaaaaaaah !!!!!

Captain Tomatoz
06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
and then the sun explodes :(

OriginalMiles
06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Dafuq did I just read?

Acrimonious_Nin
06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Red text whaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!

playassassins1
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know about you guys. But this may very well be true, it could be the big twist that Ubi was talking about.

MT4K
06-28-2012, 08:40 PM
I think with Ubi we should expect anything to be possible. They have thrown some nasty twists at us previously already and it would be a mistake to rule anything out.

kudos17
06-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Interesting thought, but I don't think it's true :p

I dunno if it is ever explicitly mentioned, but I would assume Desmond's training / heritage / genes make him hard to indoctrinate, even subliminally. Not to mention that TWCB, like Juno, would've noticed something was up with Desmond, like she noticed what was wrong with Lucy in AC:B.

And even if Desmond was a sleeper agent, he wouldn't just side with Vidic afterwards. Daniel Cross only sided with the Templars after he killed the Mentor because he was scared and surprised, and had nowhere left to go in his mind. Of course, his help with the Great Purge made him a cowardly enemy rather than a scared victim, but I digress...

I'm sure we're in for another mindblow from Ubisoft. It is Assassin's Creed, after all. I just don't think it would go that way. Who knows though; I'm certainly not master of all things story-related to AC :p Don't really know what to expect TBH.

(I DO, however, think William Miles will end up dead via Templar or Assassin hand... My bet is on Daniel Cross killing him to make him the main and tangible antagonist for Desmond in the third game. Kind of like his counterpart, y'know?)

playassassins1
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm almost sure that something bad will happen to Desmond, I think he'll end up like Shepard(Sacrifising himself to save the world.)

MT4K
06-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm almost sure that something bad will happen to Desmond, I think he'll end up like Shepard(Sacrifising himself to save the world.)

How would we continue to run about as Connor though after we finished the game?

Acrimonious_Nin
06-28-2012, 09:24 PM
I also believe that his father is going to die. All the other protagonists fathers died, it is almost certain that Desmond will feel that impact as well in his life :d.

Sushiglutton
06-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Meh I'm no fan of the implanted impulse twist. It's almost as bad as the unknown twin twist. And I don't think there should be any more sleeper agents either, they have sort of played that card. No need to be overly clever. There has to be some structure imo.

playassassins1
06-28-2012, 10:01 PM
How would we continue to run about as Connor though after we finished the game?

I think this time it won't have a reason. Maybe its just like ME3. Where you could finish side-missions after Shepard died

freddie_1897
06-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Maybe Desmond dies, but somehow lives on inside the animus, with full control over it?

MT4K
06-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe Desmond dies, but somehow lives on inside the animus, with full control over it?

You mean like subject 16 was trapped in the animus? (although 16 didn't have full control) I suppose that could work.

naran6142
06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
If there was some kind of foreshadowing for it then maybe, or else it would be like lucy where it was kind of random...

eagleforlife1
06-28-2012, 11:06 PM
That would be a brilliant ending if it did happen.

Dralight
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
I think this time it won't have a reason. Maybe its just like ME3. Where you could finish side-missions after Shepard died

Actually after ME3 ends it reverts you back to save a couple of missions before the end. Maybe something similar could be done in AC3 (if Desmond was to die)?

@OP: If that was to actually happen it would be pretty mindblowing for sure, doesn't necessarily mean I'd like it but it could be an interesting twist.

Legendz54
06-29-2012, 01:12 AM
OP; Very interesting plot twist right there, thats a good ending for a sequel with Desmond's son. But i can't see that happening with Desmond. He has TWCB guiding him and the help of his fellow assassins. And i just realised something... If Desmond does save the world from burning... that doesn't mean he is in the clear and happy ending, the templars still exist so he will probably spend the rest of his life trying to take down the templar order and their leaders= Subject 16 Quote " Your Son" maybe saying he will take out the templar order and we will be playing as Desmond's son in future AC's

Assassin_M
06-29-2012, 02:52 AM
This is just ridiculous, how can it be a mind blow if you just thought about it ? I mean come on, its a PARADOX !!

just stop thinking about the end. this is why people were complaining about the lack of "Revelations" because we all expected it..

DARN IT !!

ignition11
06-29-2012, 03:06 AM
and then the sun explodes :(

and then the dinosaurs come back and eat all of the gingerbread poeple, and ezio comes out riding a t-rex

masterfenix2009
06-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Interesting thought, but I don't think it's true :p

I dunno if it is ever explicitly mentioned, but I would assume Desmond's training / heritage / genes make him hard to indoctrinate, even subliminally. Not to mention that TWCB, like Juno, would've noticed something was up with Desmond, like she noticed what was wrong with Lucy in AC:B.

And even if Desmond was a sleeper agent, he wouldn't just side with Vidic afterwards. Daniel Cross only sided with the Templars after he killed the Mentor because he was scared and surprised, and had nowhere left to go in his mind. Of course, his help with the Great Purge made him a cowardly enemy rather than a scared victim, but I digress...

I'm sure we're in for another mindblow from Ubisoft. It is Assassin's Creed, after all. I just don't think it would go that way. Who knows though; I'm certainly not master of all things story-related to AC :p Don't really know what to expect TBH.

(I DO, however, think William Miles will end up dead via Templar or Assassin hand... My bet is on Daniel Cross killing him to make him the main and tangible antagonist for Desmond in the third game. Kind of like his counterpart, y'know?)
Actually, sleeper agents are already Templars before they become sleeper agents. Cross's loyalty was with the Templars before he became an agent.

WolfTemplar94
06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
It would be too pointless, and only exist for the point of a twist. It's also too similar to the whole Lucy thing.

Captain Tomatoz
06-29-2012, 09:36 AM
and then the dinosaurs come back and eat all of the gingerbread poeple, and ezio comes out riding a t-rex

At least my response made sense :P

playassassins1
06-29-2012, 09:44 AM

And then time repeats itself, and this life form is caught in an infinite loop of the same life over and over again!!! DUN DUN .....DUNNNN!!

kudos17
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Actually, sleeper agents are already Templars before they become sleeper agents. Cross's loyalty was with the Templars before he became an agent.

Oh, really? :nonchalance: Did he work knowingly with the Templars though, or did he feel forced or something?

I never read the comics (I really need to get my hands on them), so my information is based on some skimming and a wiki page or two :p

DarkDreamer95
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM

That will be my new signature, if that's okay with you xD

I think that would be a good ending, but I'm going to refrain from reading stuff in this thread just in case one of these things turns out to be true. :) I want my mind to be blown :P

POP1Fan
06-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Biggest mindblow? Maybe. Bad? Yes.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Wrong ! <-- see what just happened ?

No they are not. I highly doubt that a kid that is kidnapped by Abstergo is willingly working for the Templars. Especially since they ''programmed'' him to have an impulse to kill.....>_> Sleeper agents are naturally wired to carry out missions without being aware of why they are doing it in the first place. It's subconscious by definition, hence the name "sleeper" agent. They are not aware(consciously) of what they are doing. They just know that they have to do it, but not why.

masterfenix2009
06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Wrong ! <-- see what just happened ?

No they are not. I highly doubt that a kid that is kidnapped by Abstergo is willingly working for the Templars. Especially since they ''programmed'' him to have an impulse to kill.....>_> Sleeper agents are naturally wired to carry out missions without being aware of why they are doing it in the first place. It's subconscious by definition, hence the name "sleeper" agent. They are not aware(consciously) of what they are doing. They just know that they have to do it, but not why. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo_Files
"Among our deep cover operatives is a small group of Sleepers. These men and women have given their lives to serve our cause and they are our fiercest and most dedicated agents. By willingly subjecting themselves to various thought repression and reform techniques, these individuals live falsified lives and no longer realize they are working for us."

Assassin_M
06-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah Daniel, when he was 8, willingly subjected himself to the Templar cause... Yeah
They`d give him candy..

Daniel`s case is different, Abstergo planted the pulse when he was 8 for god`s sake xD

masterfenix2009
06-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah Daniel, when he was 8, willingly subjected himself to the Templar cause... Yeah
They`d give him candy..

Daniel`s case is different, Abstergo planted the pulse when he was 8 for god`s sake xDOh, I never new his age when he was subjected to being a sleeper. Where does it state this?

Assassin_M
06-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Oh, I never new his age when he was subjected to being a sleeper. Where does it state this?
The Comic..

masterfenix2009
06-29-2012, 09:30 PM
The Comic.. Hmm.. I don't remember that part, though I only read it once. In that case, I dislike his character.

Assassin_M
06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Hmm.. I don't remember that part, though I only read it once. In that case, I dislike his character.
Yeah sure xD

Lonesoldier2012
06-29-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
^ WTF are YOU a sleeper ?!?!?

Lonesoldier2012
06-30-2012, 01:15 AM
^ WTF are YOU a sleeper ?!?!?

I'm the Killswitch. And this worlds lights are going out.

MaKaVeLiTL
07-01-2012, 10:35 PM
This could very well happen, apparently Connor and Vidic are in a gay relationship together. Connor is also apparently the wife of the pair.

LightRey
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
clicheclicheclicheclichecliche