PDA

View Full Version : AC3 will see Desmond become the ultimate assassin

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 02:23 PM
“Assassins Creed has always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back in time, using the Animus to eventually become the ultimate assassin.”

Read more: Assassins Creed 3 will see Desmond become the Ultimate Assassin http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/06/10/assassins-creed-3-will-see-desmond-become-the-ultimate-assassin.htm#ixzz1z5she3dP
I'm not sure if this is still the plan, but if it is, then I would imagine that we will be killing targets.

Captain Tomatoz
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
I remember reading this when it was written :D.

Patrice left ubisoft because they weren't letting him do what he intended with the assassin's creed universe, or something like that, my memory is hazy.

I'm sure this is still the case as this will probably be the end of Desmond's story arc.

GuZZ33
06-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Does desmond become a watchdog?, hahaha!

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 08:33 PM
I hope Desmond actually has a big part in this game, and a story as long/longer than Connor's. This might be his last game and it should be his best. If it fails, it would have made the entire preceding events near pointless. All the training, all the searching, all the work, and then for his story to fail... that would be horrible. I hope Ubi does a good job making Desmond amazing.

MT4K
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
I hope Desmond actually has a big part in this game, and a story as long/longer than Connor's. This might be his last game and it should be his best. If it fails, it would have made the entire preceding events near pointless. All the training, all the searching, all the work, and then for his story to fail... that would be horrible. I hope Ubi does a good job making Desmond amazing.

The devs have said that it is split between Connor and Desmond around 80-20. With Desmond being 20% and Connor 80%. He is going to be doing a lot more than in any previous game though.

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 09:01 PM
I hope it is all great. I heard that AC3 will be almost as long as AC2, but I'm not sure if it's true... does anyone know?

MT4K
06-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I hope it is all great. I heard that AC3 will be almost as long as AC2, but I'm not sure if it's true... does anyone know?

Well the devs did say it was about as long as AC2, but when you account for the fact that it will have more side stuff to do than any previous game. It is safe to presume it to be longer than AC2 overall regardless.

I would say to expect it to be the biggest and longest game of the franchise so far. I know i do :).

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks. I wonder if Desmond will get free roam and/or side missions. I think it's good that Ubi hasn't said much about Desmond and I hope they don't say anything about Desmond so as not to spoil any of his story.

AssassinGame1
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
“assassins creed has always been planned to be a trilogy, and desmond is going back in time, using the animus to eventually become the ultimate assassin.”

read more: Assassins creed 3 will see desmond become the ultimate assassin http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/06/10/assassins-creed-3-will-see-desmond-become-the-ultimate-assassin.htm#ixzz1z5she3dp
i'm not sure if this is still the plan, but if it is, then i would imagine that we will be killing targets.

spoilers!

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
It's kinda a spoiler, but it isn't certain because he isn't working on the game so maybe it moved in a new direction, although what other direction would make sense than the one told? I'm not sure, we can't be sure.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Well, this article was getting updates since 2009, when AC was still supposed to be a trilogy so it remains to be seen how much else have/haven't changed.

Sushiglutton
06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I think Desmond should be a master bartender too. When u think about it the team has had a rough ride. They work around the clock at a very stressful job and one of them was killed in a very dramatic fashion. I hope that in AC3 we will finally be able to mix some drinks for them.

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Hahaha that's hilarious, I never thought about that 'till now. I don't see why not.